Same sex marriages

Options
syndor
syndor Posts: 1 Arc User
edited March 2012 in Suggestion Box
First part of this is for the mods/gms:

I've traced the server these forums are on and the ipaddress 24.244.18.19 is located on a server in Alberta Canada. As I'm a canadian if this thread is locked/deleted I will contact the local authorities for rights violation. A server/forum in a country MUST adhere to that countries Local Laws and closeing this thread will violate my rights and I will persue.

Now onto the topic at hand PWI is the ONLY MMO i have ever played that does not allow same sex marriages the developers need to get with the program and just do it.

Most countries are starting to recognise something called human right equality.

Get with the program
Post edited by syndor on

Comments

• Bunnybites - Harshlands
    Bunnybites - Harshlands Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    syndor wrote: »

I've traced the server these forums are on and the ipaddress 24.244.18.19 is located on a server in Alberta Canada. As I'm a canadian if this thread is locked/deleted I will contact the local authorities for rights violation. A server/forum in a country MUST adhere to that countries Local Laws and closeing this thread will violate my rights and I will persue.

Now onto the topic at hand PWI is the ONLY MMO i have ever played that does not allow same sex marriages the developers need to get with the program and just do it.

Get with the program

You will contact the authorities? Well, now that's just silly. If you do a forum search this has been asked and answered, asked and answered, asked and..... well I am sure you get my point.

Last time I checked, this is a game. For having fun. I have played for almost three years, not married and gotten along just fine. I didn't even have to contact anyone :)

Lighten up and have fun, getting married in game is not a requirement. No need to get so upset.
  • Mimiroppu - Heavens Tear
    Mimiroppu - Heavens Tear Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    I have seen this thread countless times and let me say: I do agree with you. I wish they would allow other genders to carry each other, besides male to female, as well (female to female, etc).

The thing is, though... The main content of this game comes from China. China strongly disagrees with most things of the homosexual nature. It's like Barbarian and Venomancer were forms having to do with Chinese mythology (or whatever) :T therefore, most likely won't be changed.

All of this goes back to China. We can argue, cry, whatever, but I don't see this changing anytime soon.
  • Kuzshi - Dreamweaver
    Kuzshi - Dreamweaver Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    It'll never happen.

inb4 lock.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options

Um... Freedom of speech does not exist in forums.

Get with the program

The game is developed in China. If you don't know, China doesn't like ***.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • RainbowVidel - Sanctuary
    RainbowVidel - Sanctuary Posts: 1,316 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    To quote from http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1167321 ...
    Same Sex Carrying/Marriage and Gender Change Scrolls!

Due to the current law in China, Perfect World is unable to program this particular change into it's game as all content is developed and produced in China. Please note that this does not necessarily reflect the views of Perfect World International, nor the views of other players and or forum moderators. Also, politics are not to be discussed in the suggestion forum so any thread created about this will have to be locked. This is not the mod's decision and does not necessarily reflect their personal beliefs or that of Perfect World Entertainment. It is merely to facilitate the discussion of game related ideas so that people from all view points can feel free to post and discuss.
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    It'll never happen.

inb4 lock.

+1

b:bye This doesn't bother me, although I'm effected by it. My partner's female archer will be beast.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options

Get with the program

I really wish you would contact the authorities. It might serve to give you a reality check. Freedom of speech doesn't mean you can write whatever you want on someone else's private property. This page is owned by PWE, and not only do they have the right to close and lock the thread. But they can also delete all the posts on this website and turn it into an advertising page with a link to support, if they so chose to do so. It's their property, and they can do whatever they want with it.

As for same sex marriage, please look at the stickies. This has been suggested numerous times and it isn't going to happen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • DuckTapez - Archosaur
    DuckTapez - Archosaur Posts: 855 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options

what is this I don't even...
    LOLOLOL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Duct tape is like The Force: bright on one side, dark on the other. It holds the world together, and, if not handled correctly, becomes a sticky mess.
  • Promordial - Archosaur
    Promordial - Archosaur Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    I agree with we should be allowed to marry the same gender, it doesn't affect me in game at all, so do your business. But at the same time, it's called respect. If the country this game is origined from doesn't agree with it, then we should have enough respect to step back away from the situation and look at it from there view point.

I looked up the story of the veno's, and it's actually quiet cute, well thought of, it would just be weird if a veno was a male. It's like the Amazonian Legend, all female, all of a sudden there's a male Amazon? That's just weird, and breaks from the story. Best to just leave it be.

If you really must be with your mate that much in game, kindly ask him or her to become the opposite gender so then you guys can get married. LOL I wish we could carry other females/males around as well. It's annoying when my friend can't fly and I can't carry her.

What would be cute would be ground options, like instead of having to be embraced to kiss, you should have a hold hand option that pops up like embrace, and then have a kiss option so you don't have to be in the person's arms. Have it work like an advanced follow option. b:laugh
    This is where everything starts to go wrong.
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited March 2012
    Options
    This has been suggested many times, and every time the answer has been the same.

China has laws against same-sex marriages, and until that changes, no such thing will be allowed in the game.

Closed.
This discussion has been closed.