Work, work, work and no play...

Options
_JlN_ - Heavens Tear
_JlN_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 52 Arc User
edited March 2012 in General Discussion
I understand how one can call leveling and gearing work but keep in mind, this is a game not a profession.
When it comes down to it, does it really matter how someone chooses to level or obtain their gear?
If a friend of yours gets R9 or reaches a high level, are you not happy for them?
Post edited by _JlN_ - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    I think that I would be more happy if a friend had a gf because they loved each other instead of paying her to be with him -directly or not.

of course that doesnt mean that I would be more happy if a friend farmed R8 by killing cactopods instead of buying it with cash.

well, what I want to say is that the way something is achieved is not irrelevant but each one has different criteria.
    you only purge once #yopo
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    This game has been re-designed so that casual players can play this game and reap all the benefits without having to work for them.

Whenever this happens, it really makes a game pointless to play any other way.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Semis_Inferi - Archosaur
    Semis_Inferi - Archosaur Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    welp,now for some simple metric o.o :

servers and game developement in many different countrys costs millions,and millions,and millions of dollars and other units of currency

noting that...those who cash shop are more the life blood of the server than those who dont

the amount of zen purchased doesnt matter,long as it`s some kind of amount,even the minimum,you`ve contributed to the collective....

:/ and with things like r9 stuff in the cash shop,plus craft skill auto trainers in the cash shop....most of a CS user`s in game coinage is largely independent of the not-spending populus....

>.> refusing to buy gold from the AH would be a pretty dang ineffective form of protest,considering that i made the 80 mill needed to buy dark lord wings on my cleric,by selling plat charm pairs o.o

then there are socket stones,crafting mats,the of course infamous r9 mats,the list goes on

CS users dont need free players to buy there gold really o.o its just something we do because we are bored at the moment,or gotten sick of pack opening for afew hours

so in essence....from the person that buys 10 golds worth of zen or less,to the ultra heavy cs users like me that are trying to see if there is a maximum CS shop gold cap (bit of an exxageration but yes)....we do more for the server,and as an after effect,have more right to complain than people who dont o.o

people who want to cs but cant cause of something mussed up in irl are ok folk too though..there usually easy to make freinds with o.o

>.> it really dont matter if a afew hundered hyper powered toons are ruining the old guard`s world...id prefer it that way really...

we must evolve,it we dont evolve things grow stagnant,if things grow stagnant,bad stuff happens

now im sure given what ive seen myself.....the amount of people who could easily buy decent amounts of zen,but choose not too...simply because they are too "good and snobby" for it,so there trying to act like they have more say in things than the regular cs user....they all seem to be located here on the forums

and considering the population ingame (atleast on archosaur) that ive seen,is far greater than what ive witnessed on the forums...then the amount of the afore mentioned relatively pointless qqers is quite small infact when compared to the larger population

pro tip: dont make generalizations too often,you`ll be rudely surprised by pwi devs and marketers....just like how you guys complained that everything was unfair with tideborn expansion,and droves of people would quit....turns out that was wrong,more wrong than i couldve thought possible.....and then the qqing with earthguard expansion....infact i can reasonably assume that there was this sort of dimwitted qqing bout every expanse pack

qq from the old guard,too afraid that there world would be stolen from them...well,you wanted things more realistic?you got it,now just like irl,its either adapt or the future will roll over you like a steam roller,then hugely humiliate you just like getting t bagged on halo multiplayer o.o
  • _JlN_ - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2012
    Options
    As a game matures, it's natural for the path to reaching the higher levels and obtaining gear easier. That +4 tt99 item that was once highly sought after can now be in your stash before you hit the level required for it.

PWI has the challenge to please both the paying and non-paying customers and it is a constant tug-o-war. I agree that the amount who complain is a small minority when compared to the entire player base, but it's presence in world chat, news and forums is rather tiring to come across... it has already arisen in this topic after 5 posts.
  • BerserkBeast - Sanctuary
    BerserkBeast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    If the game was "Grind-only" e.g. everything directly farmable in game (R9 too), new players would NEVER had any chance to compete against players that has been farming for their gear for 2+ years.

Any MMORPG need some sort of "Boost" to allow everyone to compete with less time than the previous ones, its purely a math.
    The only way to beat a troll is....to troll him back b:angry
  • dengfei
    dengfei Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    PWI has the challenge to please both the paying and non-paying customers and it is a constant tug-o-war. g.gif
    edited March 2012
    Options
    As a game matures, it's natural for the path to reaching the higher levels and obtaining gear easier. That +4 tt99 item that was once highly sought after can now be in your stash before you hit the level required for it.

PWI has the challenge to please both the paying and non-paying customers and it is a constant tug-o-war. I agree that the amount who complain is a small minority when compared to the entire player base, but it's presence in world chat, news and forums is rather tiring to come across... it has already arisen in this topic after 5 posts.

:D see?i enjoy diplomatic answers like that...you know ive never sold gold in the AH?had enough to buy blizzard wings though,and dark lord wings for a dif char of mine,and the list goes on...why?i open lots of packs,and sell the random things i get from packs for ingame coinage...

some days are better than others though,one time from a single run of 100 packs i got 170 mill`s worth of modding gems and such...other days all i get are tokens,but even those can be sold to catshops for alot of coinage....i like stable markets,and it seems gems are always in hot demand

i also buy alot of fashion and dyes :D being female and all...>.> tons of wardrobe stones,and mounts...sometimes i like mixing and matching dif fashion sets ^^
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    I understand how one can call leveling and gearing work but keep in mind, this is a game not a profession.
    When it comes down to it, does it really matter how someone chooses to level or obtain their gear?
    If a friend of yours gets R9 or reaches a high level, are you not happy for them?

You must understand two things:

1. If someone goes and buys 10 r9 chars and +12s all of them, yes they will be made fun of because they went from casual spending to wtf that could pay for my masters degree / first house.

2. If number 1 hasn't occurred, the only other time people start to hate said person is when they start bragging about how good they are just because they bought stuff.

Unfortunately I have a lot of the second on my server, and I even have three people that qualify for the first.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
    edited March 2012
    Options
    :/ sad thing that,this is the way capitalism works....where im from,you could theoretically gripe at a person for spending that much on a fancy,but at the same time in my country alot of bizzare thigns center round rich folk..tv shows,reality shows,the entire political prcoess

v.v its a shame that in my country,things like spending millions of dollars on a moments notice,on a few ounces of fluid in a wine bottle,or 50 grand on a tiny meal,are celebrated

you should be happy at the very least that the full crazyness of capitalism hasnt come into pwi....imagine the insanity that would result

on a side note....one time i was in the habit of making mods for an mmo i played a long time ago...problem is i needed to know a good amount about graphics design to do it....yeah,i wouldve needed minimum 2 years degree for that much knowledge...so i decided to go an easier route....i learned in about three months what i needed from graphics design (making new 3d models,aligning the axis properly so the new weapon would be held right,and the graphical skins i made wouldnt glitch) what wouldve taken a college two years to teach me...admittedly i learned all of this from a "less than reputable source"...but it all worked out good

:/ i think a job thats covers your basic means,internet,telephone,house,food,water,and so on along with some discretionary spending is all thats needed,the internet can provide the rest ive found
  • _JlN_ - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2012
    Options

1. If someone goes and buys 10 r9 chars and +12s all of them, yes they will be made fun of because they went from casual spending to wtf that could pay for my masters degree / first house.

2. If number 1 hasn't occurred, the only other time people start to hate said person is when they start bragging about how good they are just because they bought stuff.

Unfortunately I have a lot of the second on my server, and I even have three people that qualify for the first.

These are good points.

1. It's true that there are numerous other ways to spend one's income and many that are more beneficial to the individual and society but who is to decide and make fun of how another spends their disposable income. It is probable that said person who buys 10 r9 characters makes enough to do so comfortably while maintaining their desired lifestyle.

2. I see... unpleasant people. I can't stand them either and luckily I can black list whoever I choose. For me, it's usually the ones who are complaining about how the game is unfair or that they have to work so hard in a game, the ones who don't take action to do something about it other than voice their discontent and negativity.

Yes, it is quite unbalanced for those with the inability or refuse to pay for their gear to compete in pk and tw. PWI has made efforts though, directly or indirectly, to address this with the likes of pack sales, rank sales, and recently morai gear and more frequent map resets.

When it comes down to it, we all have a choice. The choice to play and play how we like. To spend or not to spend, pve, pvp, to grind, merchant, level the old fashion way or skip all that to enjoy whatever aspect it is they enjoy.

I am curious so I made this post and also I hope to squash just a little negativity.
    edited March 2012
    Options
    yer :/ just like me,i buy a huge amount of zen each day..but thats my choice,i actually dont care what i spend the zen on...75% of it goes to fashions and the like,but otherwise i buy things that i want or need gear wise,or i sell items from packs to make ingame coinage

i never sell gold in the AH so that argument about needing non cs users to buy gold doesnt apply to me

alot of the things people perceive about this game are an illusion...there are manydif types of mmo,with dif payment systems

but it all boils down to,games need money to run themselves,and need to profit,otherwise,they will not exist

subscription based games are the most direct way for a game to keep afloat...but arent the most popular due to the misconception that it costs too much,or you dont get enough service for your currency spendage

ad-supported games are few and far between mmo wise (this doesnt include mini browser games like on facebook),they constantly spam you with ads while you play,in the hopes youll buy something in the ad..the game remains afloat cause of revenue earned from leasing advertisement space

F2P,the very meaning of it,is pure illusion,absolutely nothing is free to play

the micro-transaction model is commonly mistaken for free to play.....the model is designed in such a way,that the very nature of gameplay encourages everyone to spend points on cash shop currency,usually a "point" of some kind,to use in a cash shop,either on the game company website or an ingame cash shop....what people dont realize about the micro-transaction model,is that it often costs many,many times more than what subscription based games do...simply because of the unlimited nature of human nature...these "f2p" games are designed to work into your brain that you must pay for points,otherwise youll just be plain left out of the ever growing cs crowd

so,about the "f2p" hence the micro transaction model.....without the cash shopping crowd,this entire game,and those who refuse to spend (there characters) would not exist

what happens when a game has too many people that refuse to pay but otherwise could?the game shuts down and ceases to exist

it doesnt matter if you`ve done everything you can to get away from cs users and there wares,the fact that you can actually play this game = cs users kepping the game afloat

there is literally nothing you have ever bought ingame,or farmed,that wasnt made possible in some way by a cs user....

afterall,pwi isnt a charity,its a service selling business....it doesnt have any responsibility to give away gameplay and services to free users...the only reason why free users get anything is an attempt to encourage them to spend

and afew high lvl qqers will never change that,mostly those types dont even matter to pwi..

and it isnt just pwi thats this way.pwe has many games,many other companys have many micro transaction model games

this is capitalism...and if you have looked around lately....its not going away any time soon,no one can fight it

as the borg said "resistence is futile"
  • Empu - Sanctuary
    Empu - Sanctuary Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options

I (and many others) have said this many times. Way to many think that you MUST do all dailies on all toons, that you must get top-gear, that you must be lvl100+, etc. It's kinda annoying that those ideas are turned into standards that make ppl being some outcast if they don't match the said standards. Competition also makes that those standards tend to become even harder to reach over time.

It's hard to be happy with what you have, if you constantly refer to others. Ofc, I'm happy for someone if he achieved a goal. Why wouldn't I be ? At the worse, I wouldn't care much and just say something like "nice, good job!"...

For your first point :
    90% of humans expenses are on unnecessary stuff. I mean, what would you care if I were happy with my 20 m2 appartment and *insert random job that doesn't require any degree*, and I were to dump money into some pointless video game ? Would spending money on r9 be more pointless then spending it on some expensive car, caviar or home cinema system ? And most of all, would spending time ingame to get r9 f2p be more glorifying then succesfully make money outside the game (ofc, 1 doesn't exclude the other) ? I mean, 99.99% of the gear is obtainable with coins directly or indirectly.

Bottom-line : I don't see the difference between someone who charged whole r9, who got it through countles afk-catshop hours, hours of idk what instance spam, or a mix of all. I should only judge on how I would get my r9, and not judge others on how they got theirs.

And, idk where you live, but here you are supposed to have more then just money for a master degree b:laugh

For your second point :
    I hate braggers, no matter what gear they have or how they got it. There is also a serie of ego-obsessed on my server, that believe they are so great simply for a factionname above their head. Just like I know 2 nice ppl that are super helpfull, that pretty much bought all their gear. Then again, they both have a good job and just like to do wathever they feel like ingame without bothering about goals to work for ingame.
  • Yin - Momaganon
    Yin - Momaganon Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Cashshoppers let me and other freegamers play free game so I can only thank them. As long as people behave thats no problem. I know many who have bought great gears,some who have grinded and some who don't care but they all seems to enjoy the game their own way.

Then there are those who have chose wrong game. (ones that want to be the best but can't charge zen or can't farm or merchant to get competitive gears)

I like to gear up my character so I have no reason to charge zen but some don't care that part of game but enjoy for example PK so why not buy good gears?

I spend my money for sport equipments, others use that for gaming. Of course amount I can spend would be way too much in some other countries but thats how it goes.
    edited March 2012
    Options
    this issue is alot like fishing

some persons got the basic gears for fishing,and take pride in there skill
    some persons spend alot of money on high tech gear to boost there chances

both of the two examples above simply enjoy the fishing for what it is,food,and an awkward sort of "thrill of the hunt"

as with all things though,those two good examples have there evil counterparts

the persons who been using basic gears for fishing since back when homo sapiens first evolved and acts all snobby on public access shows about fishing but basically repeats the same boring and all in all irrelevant information over and over again

the persons who use there immense wealth to buy super uber fishing gears,catch the biggest fish,promptly throwing the fish away later...making big glitzy brainless and stupid tv shows about it..opening huge fishing stores ,and pretty much flaunt everything

now those two evil counterpart examples dont care at all about fishing,one of them has been fishing the same way,same place,for so long that they can barely tolerate even the smell of fish...the other couldnt care less about the fishing at all,they just found another ego nitch

>.> if ya find a cs user and are curious,ask them stuff bout there class any experienced player would know,inline with there lvl of course..that should seperate out the people who fcfrom 1 to 95 from the good cs users
  • _JlN_ - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2012
    Options
    yer :/ just like me,i buy a huge amount of zen each day..but thats my choice,i actually dont care what i spend the zen on...75% of it goes to fashions and the like,but otherwise i buy things that i want or need gear wise,or i sell items from packs to make ingame coinage

i never sell gold in the AH so that argument about needing non cs users to buy gold doesnt apply to me

alot of the things people perceive about this game are an illusion...there are manydif types of mmo,with dif payment systems

but it all boils down to,games need money to run themselves,and need to profit,otherwise,they will not exist

subscription based games are the most direct way for a game to keep afloat...but arent the most popular due to the misconception that it costs too much,or you dont get enough service for your currency spendage

ad-supported games are few and far between mmo wise (this doesnt include mini browser games like on facebook),they constantly spam you with ads while you play,in the hopes youll buy something in the ad..the game remains afloat cause of revenue earned from leasing advertisement space

F2P,the very meaning of it,is pure illusion,absolutely nothing is free to play

the micro-transaction model is commonly mistaken for free to play.....the model is designed in such a way,that the very nature of gameplay encourages everyone to spend points on cash shop currency,usually a "point" of some kind,to use in a cash shop,either on the game company website or an ingame cash shop....what people dont realize about the micro-transaction model,is that it often costs many,many times more than what subscription based games do...simply because of the unlimited nature of human nature...these "f2p" games are designed to work into your brain that you must pay for points,otherwise youll just be plain left out of the ever growing cs crowd

so,about the "f2p" hence the micro transaction model.....without the cash shopping crowd,this entire game,and those who refuse to spend (there characters) would not exist

what happens when a game has too many people that refuse to pay but otherwise could?the game shuts down and ceases to exist

While I agree with a lot of your post saying that you don't rely on free to play players at all is a little over exaggerated. Pre-rank sales in the boutique, almost all who spend cash relied in some way or another on people who play for free and vice-versa. Now, your statement holds a little more true in that you can purchase rank gear and charms, etc straight from the boutique but still, someone has to spend the endless hours farming the herbs, mats, nirvana, tt, etc. to save you time in-game and for you to buy should you need to use them. Also, someone had to buy the charms you sold to make 80mil towards your wings, probably some were sold to people who you bought some herbs from. There is mutual dependance between both without the free to play people the player base might not be large enough to support the game and without the people who spend, the game as you say would cease to exist.
    I (and many others) have said this many times. Way to many think that you MUST do all dailies on all toons, that you must get top-gear, that you must be lvl100+, etc. It's kinda annoying that those ideas are turned into standards that make ppl being some outcast if they don't match the said standards. Competition also makes that those standards tend to become even harder to reach over time.

It's hard to be happy with what you have, if you constantly refer to others. Ofc, I'm happy for someone if he achieved a goal. Why wouldn't I be ? At the worse, I wouldn't care much and just say something like "nice, good job!"...

I like this. In playing the game, I believe that there is no right or wrong way (within reason.. if you are the constant reason for multiple squad wipes or not performing the specific duties of your class time and time again, no matter how much fun you are having, the people around you probably don't share your point of view) but one's attitude is important. As you say, how things have become a standard is annoying that is partially responsible for some constantly refering to and dispising others instead of refering to them for motivation and drive to strive towards. I mainly play with friends and factionmates, I have never run in public aps squads not sure why there is a need to but the constant world chats for people looking for aps and weapon links have caused disatisfaction among some - why? Aps, weapon links and refines... it does matter to a certain degree whether you pay or not, it's a matter of time and returns.
    edited March 2012
    Options
    :/ yeah and the person who bought the charms was a cs user who also farmed alot,a lvl 90 mystic she was

you are completely wrong in thinking there is a mutual dependence here..its like a one sided dependence in reality..free users owe there very existence in this game to cash shop users,who actually pay the money required to keep the game running,and fund further developement

also,get your dang head out of the sand...the free players do absolutely nothing to support the game....alot of the time farming is done by people who do it more efficiently with the power of cs aid...

this entire`s games player base owes its existence,there ability to play the game.to cash shop users...

in business terms,the free users dont count at all towards the actual player base...the only ones that matter in reality are those who use the cash shop

you know something,remember a game that no longer exists,matrix online?it had to be taken down and removed from existence,you know why?cause the dang player base was too filled with people not paying,i beleive it was a sort of "subscribe for better stuff" kinda thing

yes that game,despite being cool,had to be taken down by its creators,cause too many free users played...the actual threshold to keep that ever expanding game running,money wise,was 32,000 paying subscriptions....well because the devs of that game made the mistake of treating free users better than cash shop users,the game went bankrupt

the same could happen in any online game unless free users get the point >.> people with enough money to purchase r9 and the like have alot more options than people who dont,irritate the cs users enough,and they find something else...and this game will go bankrupt....

also one other thing that you,in your near sighted cs user hatin stupidity forgot...cash shop packs = perfect tokens of best luck = exhcange two of them for a ten million big note= sell big note for 10 million at any npc

we have no need what so ever to depend on free users,we do it cause we get mildly bored,or feel generous
  • _JlN_ - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2012
    Options
    :/ yeah and the person who bought the charms was a cs user who also farmed alot,a lvl 90 mystic she was

you are completely wrong in thinking there is a mutual dependence here..its like a one sided dependence in reality..free users owe there very existence in this game to cash shop users,who actually pay the money required to keep the game running,and fund further developement

also,get your dang head out of the sand...the free players do absolutely nothing to support the game....alot of the time farming is done by people who do it more efficiently with the power of cs aid...

this entire`s games player base owes its existence,there ability to play the game.to cash shop users...

in business terms,the free users dont count at all towards the actual player base...the only ones that matter in reality are those who use the cash shop

you know something,remember a game that no longer exists,matrix online?it had to be taken down and removed from existence,you know why?cause the dang player base was too filled with people not paying,i beleive it was a sort of "subscribe for better stuff" kinda thing

yes that game,despite being cool,had to be taken down by its creators,cause too many free users played...the actual threshold to keep that ever expanding game running,money wise,was 32,000 paying subscriptions....well because the devs of that game made the mistake of treating free users better than cash shop users,the game went bankrupt

the same could happen in any online game unless free users get the point >.> people with enough money to purchase r9 and the like have alot more options than people who dont,irritate the cs users enough,and they find something else...and this game will go bankrupt....

also one other thing that you,in your near sighted cs user hatin stupidity forgot...cash shop packs = perfect tokens of best luck = exhcange two of them for a ten million big note= sell big note for 10 million at any npc

we have no need what so ever to depend on free users,we do it cause we get mildly bored,or feel generous

You're beginning to sound more and more like #2 as Traz mentioned

Edit: Also, you don't know me and are making statements and generalizations out of no where...
    I was wrong in saying there was a mutual dependance but still there is one.
    edited March 2012
    Options
    no im not normally like that...i usually keep to myself about me cash shopping...

but when people aggrivate me i get furious...especially in your case,because you refuse to see the truth,when it boils down to it...everything needed is provided by the cash shop in one way or another

money >.> mats for crafting equipment...r9 mats,everything

not to mention the occasional rare thing that comes out of the bidding hall every night,you can only bid on that with gold...so essentially everything from the bidding hall is either bought by cash shoppers,or bought with gold provided by cash shoppers

>.> you cant seem to see that there literally is no balance in this game...the logical thing to do would be a more gentle spendage curve that gently encourages free users to spend...but they have let it get out of control...and now the entire game has been absorbed into cs user domain

how will you get more cs users if no one understands how things work o.o..

its like what one of the presidents said "its not what your country can do for you,but what you can do for your country"

replace the word country with game and you get my idea...if you dont contribute but only consume,why in the world should you be given anything?let alone game service,i contribute because i cash shop,its a matter of pride for me :D
  • Aijou - Harshlands
    Aijou - Harshlands Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    When somebody buys something such as rank nine for themselves I congratulate that person.
    As a bit of a cash shopper myself I can understand that even CS'd money that the person earned.
    I'm not really congratulating them on getting the gear - I'm congratulating them on surviving the current economy.

The only thing that I can honestly say sets me off is if a female player is showered with ridiculous amounts of cash for the possession of their 'parts'. This happened to me recently with a close friend of mine who was literally level 100 wearing tt80 (glitch much). She gets married to some guy and less than a week later is sporting a full nirvana/g11 sharded set and a highly refined rank 8 weapon. Since then she's been my personal KOS and I don't regret it at all.

Some people who get their gear like this can actually be nice people - but in most cases they have terrible attitudes to match their new-found power. There's a level 105 psychic on my server who's a perfect examplee. b:shutup
  • _JlN_ - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Sorry, this thread was not intended to aggrivate anyone. I actually made it in hopes that discussion would remove some negativity from the forum; moreso, from the people who are upset with pwrlvl, power imbalance, and the people who you constantly see in the news updates when PWI introduces a sale complaining.

How you got aggrivated I don't know, when I read your first post I thought you were adding something constructive...
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Sorry, this thread was not intended to aggrivate anyone. I actually made it in hopes that discussion would remove some negativity from the forum; moreso, from the people who are upset with pwrlvl, power imbalance, and the people who you constantly see in the news updates when PWI introduces a sale complaining.

How you got aggrivated I don't know, when I read your first post I thought you were adding something constructive...

i was trying to be nice and add something constructive but then you had to insult me..take for example aljuo who posted just before you just now,she knows how to post in a matter like this without insulting someone

but you have to go on a "junk science" binge to act like there is some kind of sentimental "balance" that keeps cash players relying on free players

THAT ISNT HOW THIS WORKS,i already provided my example of how perfect tokens of best luck can be exchanged,2 of them,for a ten million big note from the boutqiue agent,thus closing the loop,and making things self sustaining

this is capitalism essentially,the brutal truth is that this game is set up to make you more powerfull the more money you spend....which i think is bad cause threre ignoring everything else

like for example : the lousy variety of female fashions...

PRO TIP: not every female likes skimpy clothing and/or lingerei (probably mispelled that,but i just woke up)

or the fact that with each new race thats been added its made the game more destabilized,or the fact that they dont unify the code when giving new skills to everyone,so that older race`s graphics glitch....

and the list goes on o.o

and the fact that they still havent added anything to cater to those who are more aligned with dark stuff....yo0u might say its cause there in china,but thats not true...its only lazyness on there part cause chinese mythology,is full of brutal and unpleasent things if you know where to look
  • _JlN_ - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2012
    Options
    no im not normally like that...i usually keep to myself about me cash shopping...

but when people aggrivate me i get furious...especially in your case,because you refuse to see the truth,when it boils down to it...everything needed is provided by the cash shop in one way or another

After I saw the initial responses, I realized this thread probably wasn't going to achieve what I had intended it to and had planned to let it go... however, I saw that you had spent some time on your post so I decided to respond so that others could read what you had wrote. At no point did I insult or intend to insult you, that would be clear, please re-read what this thread is about and then read through the first 5 posts leaving your unpleasant holier-than-thou attitude at the door. I was ambigous for a reason and that was in hopes to start some conversation, you took it personally. You say you are not like the type of player traz described but in your first post you already showed that you are when mentioning the huge amounts you spend and sheding some light into your gaming habits with some reference to Halo... not to mention all your hostility and personal attacks which were uncalled for.

You say not to make generalizations which is what you have done in many of your posts which are full of pesimism and negativity, like your post about fishing... it may be hard to believe but some people actually enjoy fishing for what it is. Maybe even harder to believe but some of the fishing companies actually opened to please and help their customers become better at fishing while make some money doing what they enjoy doing.

Since you spent time on your posts and push comes to shove, I'll end by telling you this, I am all for the cs. Actually, I am pro most things PWI, I really enjoy this game. There are a few things that I cannot stand in this game and they are:

1. Scammers - when I come across this, I take the time to submit a ticket.
    2. Negative attitudes - I thank you and traz for making things a little more clear to me as to why there disatisfaction and a negative attitude towards how someone levels and obtains gear exists, it a result of both ends of the spectrum, which is not what I initially thought, and is mostly a result of the individuals outlook and attitude.
    3. Management decisions - there are only a few I can think of since I believe the staff has done a good job with the game but it is the times when they do something upsetting to the the paying customers. It's tough to please everyone, so many personalities and times change.

What I originally said was that PWI makes efforts to accomodate both free to play players and cash players, once again, your holier-than-thou state of mind twisted the meaning of this into something completely different. I was wrong in saying the dependance is mutual but I was mearly trying to say that by generalizing and saying you don't rely on free players whatsoever is not neccesarily true. Who cares if you can get 10million for your two best lucks when there's not enough stuff to use your coins on? You buy and sell pack items, charms so you don't need the auction house... According to you everything that you have sold then is to someone who spends cash. From the free to play player base come some casual spenders and if there were no free to play players, mostly likely, they would be the one farming herbs and other things avaiable in catshops, but then again, would they do it? if they did, would they farm enough? I guess people in full rank 9 will farm all the herbs because they do it better and more efficiently... This game is not pay per month for a reason... it's free to play because this model has proven to be profitable and saying that there is absolutely no dependance is false. At the very least, the games very existance it based on the free players and its continued existance and dependance comes from those who choose to contribute and pay.