Skills you cannot live without (PVE)

MsDominatrix - Heavens Tear
MsDominatrix - Heavens Tear Posts: 204 Arc User
edited March 2012 in Blademaster
Just wanted to know what other BMs were doing in PVE.

Of course, there's Roar of the Pride and HF, which is essential in AOE grinding and so on. There's Highland Cleave, Fissure, Drake Sweep for AOEs.

For me, I've a weakness for Drake's Ray, when mobs are running towards me, or they are running away and I need a finishing blow.

What skills can't you live without? Or what's your PVE style? Or your style in instances, BH, FF, Nirv, etc.
Whether you think you can or you can't, either way you're right. -Henry Ford
Post edited by MsDominatrix - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• DrowsEdge - Heavens Tear
    DrowsEdge - Heavens Tear Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I personally have a few skills maxed out I could live without, BUT, I definitely don't want to. They're cheap! I have every skill maxed out actually. Stay on whatever path you choose and max what you can, claws being a very distant last in weapon skills to get to 10.

I highly suggest if you want to know what a move does or how it works, buy it! Most skills are pretty cheap at level 1.

Some general skills I maxed out and couldn't live without would be: Diamond Sutra, *Tiger Leap forward and back (I love these two skills, once you master your combos along with the utility advantage of leaps you become far more dangerous. Able to leap in and out of any melee combat.) Diamond Sutra heals you for one spark, this heals you without needing anything besides mana and that spark. Invaluable skill in PvE and an awesome advantage in PvP.

Drake Sweep is another general skill I would max out quick. This is your ONE GENERAL AOE, this means you can use it with any weapon equipped. Fan of Flames is another AoE, it only affects your frontal area, so it would be best to max after Drake Sweep.

Oceans Edge - Usable with any weapon like all general skills. When maxed out this skill will SEVERELY slow down your opponents movement speed, rendering range classes to choose another tactic besides kiting.

Roar of price is your AoE Stun - extremely important and is what makes you a feared adversary capable of locking down your opponent with stun locks.

Smack - Level 79 General Skills - Also an extremely useful skill, this skill will go through most protections people may cast seeing how it is a seal and not a stun. Excellent to link together with Roar and Drake Bash for some stun lock combos.

Aeolian Blade - One of your earlier basic attacks that has CHANCE to stun. This is basically your first hit or last resort for your stun lock when all your stuns are in cooldown.

Cloud Sprint > Will of Bodhistivia - A general skills that improves movement speed, after level 10 you can upgrade this to the Will of Bodhi. Bodhi has all the benefits of max sprint with two important upgrades: Granting resistance to stuns and immobilization, and a Massive increase to your evasion while you are running. It may be a 100% evasion increase if I remember, either way, it makes it hard as hell for any physical auto attack to hit you while you are moving. (Does not evade magic damage.) Note: Only after Cloud Sprint is lvl 10 can you upgrade it into the Will of Bodhi.
  • FateBlade - Lost City
    FateBlade - Lost City Posts: 519 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I made all my skills lv. 10 or Demon and I'm fine. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]