Overall Main Famers

LightSidePT - Sanctuary
LightSidePT - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
edited March 2012 in General Discussion
I have a level 78 BM and it's extremelly hard to level and farm, I don't mind leveling more the money making part, it is really hard lol.
So I'm wondering is a Barb better as a money maker, it's obvious I don't need to spend money on aps with a barb (for now, but maybe never) but I really would like to see what's your input on this. Quit BM for now, and start barb? I have the heavy gear and calamities that I can use on him.

On a side note, Seeker to sell Zhen? Mainly, the question is between these three classes.
Please and thanks
Post edited by LightSidePT - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Barbs can't farm unless the mob we're killing is melee only. The best mob for a HA to farm is something ranged (like a bow) but cannot move. Like those trees with snakes on them in Morai.

Farming stuff like herbs and minerals with a barb is fine, but any class will do.

Sins can farm pretty ok with enough DPS+BP for constant HP recovery.

farming is easier said than done, and once you finally find a good place to farm it'll be boring. So think about what all your options are before you do any farming b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010
  • Deadalus - Harshlands
    Deadalus - Harshlands Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Sell zhen? srsly? are you stuck in 2009?

Nowadays its about selling FC EXP Room, Nirvana, TT and such farm instances, nobody will buy Zhen squad spots.

When you go into it straith, do you have a aps class, then you make money.
    Casters? well depends on the weapon for them. Low refine? ugh.
    High refine? ok 1-2x caster nirvana a day but thats about it.

Dont let you get fooled from someone, who says, go with someone and farm TT n ****..
    Thats pretty much outdated, i think everyone who really farm TT is going with his alts (multi client) or has a standart squad.

b:bye
  • LightSidePT - Sanctuary
    LightSidePT - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    The main problem is that to sell FCs and stuff I need to have money to invest on gear, I dont have that kind of money lol.
    And with a barb I invest less money than with a BM.
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Leveling/Farming's hard as a BM?

At your level, you could AoE Grind the pirates around Nightscream (Hoods/Captains - not the assassins) or the Bladewolves around Dreamweaver Port for DQ. Once you hit 80, you'll likely find your way into FF squads since BMs are always wanted there.You may as well stick to your BM for now and keep leveling/grinding with her.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • maocchi
    maocchi Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Level a Barb and level his buffs. When you get lvl 10 buffs, camp outside TT and offer to buff + open for 100k. Farmers will be willing to pay anywhere from 50-100k just for you to buff and open TT. It won't cost anything on your side other than maybe some mana pots.
    edited March 2012
    Sell zhen? srsly? are you stuck in 2009?

Nowadays its about selling FC EXP Room, Nirvana, TT and such farm instances, nobody will buy Zhen squad spots.

When you go into it straith, do you have a aps class, then you make money.
    Casters? well depends on the weapon for them. Low refine? ugh.
    High refine? ok 1-2x caster nirvana a day but thats about it.

Dont let you get fooled from someone, who says, go with someone and farm TT n ****..
    Thats pretty much outdated, i think everyone who really farm TT is going with his alts (multi client) or has a standart squad.

There's a sin or two that solo's tt most days of the week. Idk if hes doing it for money or for an alt, but either way its money. b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2012
    maocchi wrote: »
    Level a Barb and level his buffs. When you get lvl 10 buffs, camp outside TT and offer to buff + open for 100k. Farmers will be willing to pay anywhere from 50-100k just for you to buff and open TT. It won't cost anything on your side other than maybe some mana pots.

Lol i wish b:laughb:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ICasTBiDS - Raging Tide
    ICasTBiDS - Raging Tide Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Venos are wanted endgame in almost every isntance.
    I say stick with your veno.
    edited March 2012

So are BMs, tbh.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    maocchi wrote: »

really?
    i thought most farmers already have buff barb alts /buff clerics

doesnt sound profitable imo
    i dont believe there is much of a market

those who solo or duo tt already have buff chars and the others probably dont need openers o.o
    i like potato
    edited March 2012
    So are BMs, tbh.

yes but i have a bm with tt100+10 fists and its hard to get nv squads and such.
    all venos need is lvl 11 amp and they get in to any squad.
    Veno is the cheaper route.
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2012
    yes but i have a bm with tt100+10 fists and its hard to get nv squads and such.

how is it hard to get a squad with that?
    have you tried to BE the squad leader? it increases the speed of getting squads by tons
    always keep a stack of at least 100 teles on every of your chars
    worldchat is the best key to people

-formulate clearly what you want and link your weapon at the end
    ask for on par people or people with slightly lesser gear, dont expect better gear

-ignore the hate pms
    -take the sad bm who is linking you +7 fists with a crying monkey smiley over the "DEMON HF TAKE ME IM KEWL LOLO"

??

profit

...i didnt do WC for nirvana since ages actually, dunno
    mostly i get asked by the regular people i play with
    ..and im not using my bm to farm usually, i use my assasin xd

since ideal squads are built 2sins 1 bm i can imagine a few leftout bms, even if theres so many sins...yeah.
    i like potato
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    There's a sin or two that solo's tt most days of the week. Idk if hes doing it for money or for an alt, but either way its money. b:bye

One of those sins made nearly 1b in coins soloing 3-3 during that 1 month of 2x, it sounds crazy but tbh it isnt hard to do if you get lucky on drops. 33m +/- a day. Thats was 3 Golds give of take. Even if I could solo 3-3 I am not sure if I have the mindset to do that over and over again. When I farm I usualy gota switch up instances SoT, Brim TT ect..
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited March 2012

This is true.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Teseanna - Heavens Tear
    Teseanna - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,021 Arc User
    edited March 2012

b:byeb:byeb:bye
    edited March 2012
    how is it hard to get a squad with that?
    have you tried to BE the squad leader? it increases the speed of getting squads by tons
    always keep a stack of at least 100 teles on every of your chars
    worldchat is the best key to people

-formulate clearly what you want and link your weapon at the end
    ask for on par people or people with slightly lesser gear, dont expect better gear

-ignore the hate pms
    -take the sad bm who is linking you +7 fists with a crying monkey smiley over the "DEMON HF TAKE ME IM KEWL LOLO"

??

profit

...i didnt do WC for nirvana since ages actually, dunno
    mostly i get asked by the regular people i play with
    ..and im not using my bm to farm usually, i use my assasin xd

since ideal squads are built 2sins 1 bm i can imagine a few leftout bms, even if theres so many sins...yeah.

+10 fist/claws is pretty much the standard here.
    And in the end, there are too many BMs with my type of gear.
    The only thing that would give my an edge over other BMs is oHF but more and more bms are getting it on my server. The amount of sins that run with random squads are very low so it is very hard to find a 'decent' NV squad in WC. Of course there were times when I had excellent runs, 30 run ish consecutively but that was on rare occasions.
  • ShadowsFlame - Raging Tide
    ShadowsFlame - Raging Tide Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    One of those sins made nearly 1b in coins soloing 3-3 during that 1 month of 2x, it sounds crazy but tbh it isnt hard to do if you get lucky on drops. 33m +/- a day. Thats was 3 Golds give of take. Even if I could solo 3-3 I am not sure if I have the mindset to do that over and over again. When I farm I usualy gota switch up instances SoT, Brim TT ect..

more than 1billion b:cry... and there as another sin who made like 200m in 2days with extreme luck.
    current pwcalc.com/ecccbccc47400382
    aiming pwcalc.com/5ac2ca79fcef8da4
  • ShadowsFlame - Raging Tide
    ShadowsFlame - Raging Tide Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    The only thing that would give my an edge over other BMs is oHF but more and more bms are getting it on my server. The amount of sins that run with random squads are very low so it is very hard to find a 'decent' NV squad in WC. Of course there were times when I had excellent runs, 30 run ish consecutively but that was on rare occasions.

Im still waiting for the day when somebody will run 30 runs in 1 squad with me. Anyways in the last x2 i was a +7 deicide bm with demon hf, and i did not find it so hard to get nirvana squads. Ofcorse im ignoring the fact that no one wanted me for 3-4man squads b:shutup.
    current pwcalc.com/ecccbccc47400382
    aiming pwcalc.com/5ac2ca79fcef8da4
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    more than 1billion b:cry... and there as another sin who made like 200m in 2days with extreme luck.

Yeah its crazy, but takes crazy gear to do that. I think he is full vit +10 everywhere and either gof g15's or r9, he may have both cant remember off hand. I have been tempted to sell my pangu and ref my armor more, I am lacking on that part, and would help compensate the fact I went DoT's instead of the vit route. My sin is pretty much going to be my full time farmer now, I have more fun on my barb anyway. Atleast if I do that I can get the cube neck for my barb and add a bit more survivability to my sin
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2012

make more friends who have sin alts ;o

or go +12 the fists
    in the short run kinda cheaper than going for g15 and refining to +10
    (if theres evr a decent sale again)
    also still more damage
    .in the short run
    but eventually everyone will get to g15+12 in time and them i am screwed as i did that :p
    i like potato
  • maocchi
    maocchi Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    really?
    i thought most farmers already have buff barb alts /buff clerics

doesnt sound profitable imo
    i dont believe there is much of a market

those who solo or duo tt already have buff chars and the others probably dont need openers o.o

Many farmers would rather pay for buffs than go through the trouble of making opener toons.
    I would know this, I farm TT almost daily and there's always someone looking to pay an opener.

No it's not profitable by any means, but it's probably more profitable than zhenning and whatnot if you don't have a toon capable of doing actual farming.