Barbarian OCD?

Options
Theperisher - Lost City
Theperisher - Lost City Posts: 12 Arc User
edited March 2012 in Barbarian
Hey guys I've just been frosting on my bm, and I've came across this barb twice. The first time he said "ok I will lure all and if anyone else lure I leave" so I lured a few mobs and began to clear as nobody was in the instance yet... he entered and saw some mobs had been cleared and left. O.o. second was just now he was leading a squad and I joined, once again he said this no-one else luring but I lured some mobs and he kicked me. Humor me. Am I right in thinking he is just a twelve year old kid who feels he has to be the big cheese of the squad and tell everyone what to do, or is he actually trying to maximise the speed at which we clear the instance? I've never met anyone like this before, mindf*** on my part
Post edited by Theperisher - Lost City on

Comments

• Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    ...I think he's got a major tank complex going on. Because when your tank leaves/kicks one of your main DD's just because they killed mobs before you, that just slows the whole group down, not speeds it up. He sounds like a waffle. Glad he's not on my server. XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • CrusherJam - Dreamweaver
    CrusherJam - Dreamweaver Posts: 550 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Barb tank vit builds are not DD's so there only job is being pullers in instances and Catapullers

Let the kitty do his job, and yea i believe he's Emo but still let the poor kitty do his job
    19k Hp and rising my goal is 20k unbuffed (would love 25k )
  • Theperisher - Lost City
    Theperisher - Lost City Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    good so it's not just me lol
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    I'll make it really simple:

Barbs use Beastial Rage to gain chi. This chi is gained by mobs hitting the barb. When you don't let them pull, they don't gain chi, pretty much making them somewhat useless.

It's roughly the equivalent of every time you want to HF, someone pulls the mob(s) out of your range, and you waste your HF and have to chase down the mob.

Now this Barb either overreacted or just has had enough with squads that don't listen or want to cooperate with him so he can play his class. Every time I bust out my barb for whatever reason, I also explain flat out: Let me pull so I can have chi and contribute better. The mobs will die faster because of it, and we will get to the other pulls faster.
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Every time I bust out my barb for whatever reason, I also explain flat out: Let me pull so I can have chi and contribute better. The mobs will die faster because of it, and we will get to the other pulls faster.
    This is what OP's barb should be doing. It takes no less than two seconds to say upon joining the squad "i need mobs for chi, don't kill yet plz." instead of rage quitting squad whenever someone pulls a single mob from him or kicking their second main DD/auxiliary tank from squad.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • Vindis - Dreamweaver
    Vindis - Dreamweaver Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Bm is a main DD? O.o

Srs note, I hate it when seekers or BMs pull halls when my barb can pull it faster and yes, as Maelael said, needs chi for skills.

Barbs without chi are quite abit useless. They don't have many skills to go with since all the awesome ones use 2 sparks (Sunder, Invoke, Arma) and being left without chi before a boss just makes things annoying if you have squishy DDs in squad.

Kicking someone is abit far in my view, but I understand being frustrated. As a barb however, you always have the option of trolling an annoying DD and just pulling more than they can handle, letting them die and saving the rest of them.

From my views as an AoE and a barb, I think pulling all of the mobs instead of just some of them is far more effective. I think other instances could be pulled FC style as well and much more coin and spirit could be made if the rewards were worth it. I do get frustrated when squads (mostly sins) want to go group by group or mob by mob.
    Ring Engraving/Amulet Carving Guide - pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1174451

Retired from PWI.

b:bye
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    I've played each instance dozens (some hundreds) of times, on different characters and with different squad makeups. I know how things are done most efficiently, but at the same time I try to also let other people do their own thing and play how they want. I honestly feel that if everyone listens to me, things go smoothest and fastest but I'm not going to be some tyrant up there "do it my way or kick!"

So, yes, he was being a little bit of a tyrant saying you had to do it his way. But on the other hand, you failed at following simple instructions of one of your teammates. And he's a valuable teammate who "owns" the pulling job, so I can see him kicking you. He was being picky, you were testing his resolve. You lost, then called him a 12 year old because you couldn't follow instructions and got put in "time out".
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    XylolyX - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    I've played each instance dozens (some hundreds) of times, on different characters and with different squad makeups. I know how things are done most efficiently, but at the same time I try to also let other people do their own thing and play how they want. I honestly feel that if everyone listens to me, things go smoothest and fastest but I'm not going to be some tyrant up there "do it my way or kick!"

So, yes, he was being a little bit of a tyrant saying you had to do it his way. But on the other hand, you failed at following simple instructions of one of your teammates. And he's a valuable teammate who "owns" the pulling job, so I can see him kicking you. He was being picky, you were testing his resolve. You lost, then called him a 12 year old because you couldn't follow instructions and got put in "time out".

This plus a bit more...

Yes barbs need their chi, but...a barb that pulls but doesn't use Roar or frighten to gain more chi along with their Bestial rage is pretty much pointless. I've run into squads where I've politely pointed this out in pm and got blasted in SC for pming him/her. "I know what I'm doing" or "If you don't like the way I tank, roll a barb and do it better." (That one makes me laugh.)

I give a bit of leeway if I'm ina squad of randoms, but not too much. And if a barb has low mdef and tries to pull the magic hallway, I wait...because i know he's gonna die and I'd rather not join him. I'll usually be the one clearing the path for the cleric to come res him afterwards...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
  • Magnanimous_ - Heavens Tear
    Magnanimous_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    like everybody said, its pretty obvious that barbs can pull more mobs in a faster and safer way than any other class.

One way of viewing the situation would be..... You may be under the impression that you are helping to clear the mobs the halls, but if u are going pull one group of mob at a time during the entire run, you will significantly slow down the whole run. So, better let the kitty pull the whole halls and be done with it in one single pull.

Kicking you or leaving your squad for another squad seems to perfectly logical to some extent: 'he just don't want you to waste his precious time' or 'he is just sick of running into uncooperative people'
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kawaiiiii - Raging Tide
    Kawaiiiii - Raging Tide Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    He did tell you that he was gonna leave if you lured/pulled mobs but not only did you do it once but twice. After the first experience you should've learned, he told you from the get go but you ignored it. In the end, the barb is a ****** but youre at fault.
    +10 w/ Tisha: youtube.com/watch?v=tKHuXP8LRFU&feature=plcp
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited March 2012
    Options
    He sounds like a waffle. Glad he's not on my server. XD

More like a pancake. And I wouldn't worry about it, "most people" can be some sort of idiot.
  • Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide
    Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide Posts: 934 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    I don't see where he raged at all. He laid down a pretty small rule for his own purposes and you broke it. Twice. It's not raging because he left or kicked you. I calmly leave squads or kick fail players when the need arises. No fuss, just move on. If anything, you seem like the 12 year old kid who just had to do something because someone asked you not to, and then come tell your sob story in the forums.
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    I don't see where he raged at all. He laid down a pretty small rule for his own purposes and you broke it. Twice. It's not raging because he left or kicked you. I calmly leave squads or kick fail players when the need arises. No fuss, just move on. If anything, you seem like the 12 year old kid who just had to do something because someone asked you not to, and then come tell your sob story in the forums.

That barb had no reason to act that way. He wasn't even inside the instance the one time so it's not like he pulled the mobs from him. And no way was it slower because as I said no one was there so he started awhile. Barbs acting that way are just idiots and should never be squaded with until they learn how to actually play as a team.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Aquyla - Heavens Tear
    Aquyla - Heavens Tear Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    That barb had no reason...

Oh i see an aps barb... As i know from my previous mmo experiences (always playing tank) in most games if you start killing in instance and especially if you are at boss without firm wall that protects you there is no way to get far. Ofc in pwi everyone can solo everything so it's a good sign that game sucks and something is very wrong since we can't call it mmo anymore. If you on the other hand wanna talk about team work you choose the wrong post. Op was selfish enough to start killing before everyone got to instance. The players like op that act that way are idiots mr. Traz.
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Oh i see an aps barb... As i know from my previous mmo experiences (always playing tank) in most games if you start killing in instance and especially if you are at boss without firm wall that protects you there is no way to get far. Ofc in pwi everyone can solo everything so it's a good sign that game sucks and something is very wrong since we can't call it mmo anymore. If you on the other hand wanna talk about team work you choose the wrong post. Op was selfish enough to start killing before everyone got to instance. The players like op that act that way are idiots mr. Traz.

Oh, I see a new player. One who doesn't remember when only specialized players could survive some bosses, so barbs took 1/2 the split and first choice in drops. Or when people would spend an hour searching for a (barb only) tank with at least xxxx amount of hp. While other games have complaints about the attack-useless but virtual undamagable tanks and the need to have the "trinity" of tank, DD, and healer, PWI has matured to the point that our gear allows us versatility. DDs can be tanks, tanks can DD. Yes, that blurs the lines between classes but mmorpg is more about playstyle and characters than it is about gear or a classes designation. And as far as a "firm wall" to protect people, nothing is about as firm a 5 aps barb with bloodpaint and decent refines. Especially when anything that comes near it explodes in a 5aps explosion.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Aquyla - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2012
    Options
    True Sakubatou. I wasn't there when barbs were saints in this game but i was in other games in other guilds where we learn to share things. If you wanted to earn coins you could always solo things and vendor for hefty sum of coins. And if you were in random pt we ask if anyone want to use it or we can sell it and split profit.
    It's not my fault that community here sucks sooo bad. The other day i was asking for help for my 59 culti on alt and i got reply: "I can help you but i won't". Arguing on world chat because someone got one uncanny...
    And i can't say pwi is mature enough (except if you look at bikini or nurse fashion in butique). We have a GM that laughs behind our back, players that don't know how to play game, classes that don't serve purpose, best end game gear obtainable in butique and many many other things like charms, crab meat etc that prevent's player from dying even if they want.
    And about your firm 5aps barb i just want to ask what's firm before lvl 99 then? b:pleased
  • RoidAbuse - Sanctuary
    RoidAbuse - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Being a good barb/player is being able to adapt to change.

That barb is looney.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Making "non-trash-talkers" show their true color. RAGE ON! b:laugh
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    edited March 2012
    Options
    True Sakubatou. I wasn't there when barbs were saints in this game but i was in other games in other guilds where we learn to share things. If you wanted to earn coins you could always solo things and vendor for hefty sum of coins. And if you were in random pt we ask if anyone want to use it or we can sell it and split profit.
    It's not my fault that community here sucks sooo bad. The other day i was asking for help for my 59 culti on alt and i got reply: "I can help you but i won't". Arguing on world chat because someone got one uncanny...
    And i can't say pwi is mature enough (except if you look at bikini or nurse fashion in butique). We have a GM that laughs behind our back, players that don't know how to play game, classes that don't serve purpose, best end game gear obtainable in butique and many many other things like charms, crab meat etc that prevent's player from dying even if they want.
    And about your firm 5aps barb i just want to ask what's firm before lvl 99 then? b:pleased

I want to go off on a rant about what it means to be "helpful" because different people have different ideas but we're already off topic. I'll try to keep it short. Some factions have a policy I like and that is "do your own quests, do your own BHs, we'll help you with quest bosses and trouble spots but please try them yourself first." We've all seen the "can someone run FCC to exp room for me?" "Can I have your weapon?" "Can I have some coin/Can you buy me this" Or the level 60 asking level 100s for help with thier BH rather than finding their own squad. I actually was getting upset with my barbs faction because it was a family environment and everyone quested almost solely with factionmates so you had level 100+ always helping the low levels, and low levels tagging along through high level instances not doing anything but dieing. The problem is the lower levels never learned to do things themselves and we were creating high level nubs. People should ask for squadmates, not helpers, and find other people that share their needs and goals to work with.

And I meant the game itself has matured. Its evolved in playstyle. People know instances and have routines and comfort levels in those instances. Gear is higher. Characters are higher. Gameplay and pk have changed. I didn't mean the community itself has become any less juvenile.

Whats "firm" before level 99 as opposed to an aps barb? Prior to that we're just as firm or soft as every other barb. Most of us don't even change builds till 99 until our hp can handle the switch and we think it will be an overall gain to our abilities, survivability, and contribution to the squad.

If you dislike the game, why stick around? Participation is optional.
  • Nine_Lives - Raging Tide
    Nine_Lives - Raging Tide Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    two words: chi pots

Believe me I've been to fc runs where my squadmates are several tons dumber than the OP and just kill anyone in sight without paying heed to the one that's actually gonna pull in the end which is mostly a barb. He can be fine with a veno that actually knows the job and pass sparks when needed but what if there is none that can do that
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2012
    Options

I played pure vit barb for 2 years. I didn't change to APS until AFTER genesis expansion. It was about July of 2011. I had farmed full tt99, cube neck, warsong belt, lunar cape, 3.3 flyer....I didn't have any APS and didn't solo anything. Most of us old players know how the hell to get things we want APS or not. You knew players are spoiled idiots that think they know how the hell to play by hitting spark and auto attack and it makes me sick.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• Mr_Buffs - Dreamweaver
    Mr_Buffs - Dreamweaver Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    I played pure vit barb for 2 years. I didn't change to APS until AFTER genesis expansion. It was about July of 2011. I had farmed full tt99, cube neck, warsong belt, lunar cape, 3.3 flyer....I didn't have any APS and didn't solo anything. Most of us old players know how the hell to get things we want APS or not. You knew players are spoiled idiots that think they know how the hell to play by hitting spark and auto attack and it makes me sick.

I mayself will ALWAYS be non-aps build. I have a sin, BM, and claw-archer (shared gear for the most part) for aps builds. Barb to me is way more fun for Delta/FC as a true tank.

As for the OP...chi is the key...and listening/cooperating with squad members=win. I agree the barb overreacted, but I feel for him. Most people don't listen to squad members and do what they want. I myself would've finished then run then never joined a squad with you again, had you continued to not listen.
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2012
    Options
    I mayself will ALWAYS be non-aps build. I have a sin, BM, and claw-archer (shared gear for the most part) for aps builds. Barb to me is way more fun for Delta/FC as a true tank.

A true tank at my game play level has 3-4k more HP then me (30k total).....that's the only different between me and a "true tank" for delta. I have 26.5k HP with +12 r9 axe. I have way more fun then your "true tank" build in delta, trust me.

I have a sin, bm, archer, veno, seeker, and psy as well.
    As for the OP...chi is the key...and listening/cooperating with squad members=win. I agree the barb overreacted, but I feel for him. Most people don't listen to squad members and do what they want. I myself would've finished then run then never joined a squad with you again, had you continued to not listen.

The OP was bored when no one was there so he killed a few mobs at the start. Instead of my reaction of, "I wasn't here and a few mobs where killed, but now I'm here so I'll pull the rest," he goes and rages and leaves.... that's pathetic. That person is full on emo oversensitive barb that gives us a bad name.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• Aquyla - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2012
    Options
    yes he probably was a little overreacting but let's say they were both wrong for lack of the teamplay for now. and yes mr. Traz i know that fully geared, plussed, sharded aps barb can be excellent tank and dps but then again you said you were the old school before and you restated after tideborn expansion if i'm right. you were already at that lvl and already had coin probably to restat, buy and upgrade gear. On the other hand barbs that came post tideborn expansion felt like they were not needed so most of them rolled bm or sin. finding any good player for your fb sucks nowadays. even for bh finding a good squad is a pain. and like you said always high lvl helps lowbies with quests, bh etc so nothing good can come out of it.
  • BloodTyrant - Raging Tide
    BloodTyrant - Raging Tide Posts: 581 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    So, yes, he was being a little bit of a tyrant

uh... called me b:question

well since i got invoked... why not share my opinion b:pleased

imfo... both has a point!

the barb was being a kid for rage at you and kick you/leave, but since he asked to don't pull etc... you shouldn't pull, there are players that need a total focus of what's doing or are starting now and don't wanna mess up so they want everything untouched... now that the game is full of freaks and weird nervous people you should take care b:shocked

i totally understand your point, you just wanted to help and make it go faster, the barb should understand you and at least say tks... i get furious with those non polite peoples b:angry and the sqd could make something for fix the situaton in that case, and ask the barb to invite/don't kick you.

these days happened something with me relationed to this.

i was playing with my bm these days and i normally do the pulls, last friday i joined a sqd which the barb was afk, so i started the pulls, like 30 min later we was at the 3rd boss, and the barb came back and started to rage at me and the cleric cause we didn't waited him for pull, i said we was just cleaning, the cleric told him everybody agreed in clean, so the guy raged more and more about the pulls and tank the boss, he kept saying was his job, it was his job for sure, but 30 min afk -.- we was bored! and then he left...

1 thing that can help in this situations: say "**** you" b:chuckle
  • Ambisagrus - Lost City
    Ambisagrus - Lost City Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Message me the name on the forum PM system, I'll have fun killing him with my sin and bm :)
    Going for on sin: pwcalc.com/d916f4e82a02e4dd

Currently saved: 0

Total cost: 5 bil

My time: Lulz.
  • WnbTank - Archosaur
    WnbTank - Archosaur Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    two words: chi pots

Believe me I've been to fc runs where my squadmates are several tons dumber than the OP and just kill anyone in sight without paying heed to the one that's actually gonna pull in the end which is mostly a barb. He can be fine with a veno that actually knows the job and pass sparks when needed but what if there is none that can do that

Both the OP and the barb he squaded are idiots, the first for not playing as a member of team but doing his own thing, which just creates bad blood. Barb being idiot for raging as few dead mobs really wont change anything in terms of chi gain, while chi is the only defense for his actions. But if somebody would ask me to chi pot in FC? I`d rather just kick the fool than waste my time trying to explain how ridiculous his/her suggestion is. It`s like asking sin to not cast BP but pot him/herself but then again no decent barb need any chi before pulls in FC after hitting 80+ and somewhat decent gear.
    Trolling Sid since So Hot :o
  • _Ghoul_ - Lost City
    _Ghoul_ - Lost City Posts: 973 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Message me the name on the forum PM system, I'll have fun killing him with my sin and bm :)

aww yay another aps freak come let me use my last charm i have on my barb with my r9 gear

i hope you can do more then aps like most in lost city its getting lame

b:shutup

hotbanana is it
  • XLawBreakerX - Sanctuary
    XLawBreakerX - Sanctuary Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    To the OP.

Lol he told you 2 times not to Pull, you still did not listen. Then you come here expecting people to sympathise with you but almost everyone calls you an Idiot, how much more sad can your Life get?