edited March 2012 in General Discussion
Our real dragon orb sale b:surrender
Post edited by DeadlySniper - Lost City on

Comments

• Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    PWE Staff wrote:
    We apologize, we forgot to put in the 5 pack of Ocean Orbs. The sale will therefore be extended one week and 5-packs will be added to the boutique at next maintenance.

^ this.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • DeadlySniper - Lost City
    DeadlySniper - Lost City Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    ^ this.

what the, where was this posted?
    edited March 2012
    what the, where was this posted?

Oh, I made that up. But, they've done that at least twice.... one time with orbs and they've done that once with rep badges or chips as well. So, that's really just their typical response when they forget something like that.
  • Paulrogers - Harshlands
    Paulrogers - Harshlands Posts: 653 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Oh, I made that up. But, they've done that at least twice.... one time with orbs and they've done that once with rep badges or chips as well. So, that's really just their typical response when they forget something like that.

godam i read that and was like... **** i wasted all my money buying 1 peice at a time...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Ewa Sonnet has the best pair of jugs ever. Nothing else compares." - Eoria.
    HE'S OVERALL KNOWLEDGE OF THE CLASS IS LEGIT.
    edited March 2012
    godam i read that and was like... **** i wasted all my money buying 1 peice at a time...

You did.

Ocean Orbs are generally on sale 5 for $100.

There is no "we forgot" message from the GMs because this time nobody has actually complained.
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Fact: If these orbs are selling even moderately well, we will not get a good sale. At best, we'll be seeing a 5 pack for a matching, although discounted price, e.g. 135 Gold for 5.

I find it more unique that people aren't complaining about how they shifted the prices of packs up from 0.36 to 0.44 when they introduced the 100 pack batch.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • RageKill - Lost City
    RageKill - Lost City Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    All that happens with sales is PWI creates a necessity, and then they take them out and reintroduce them at a later date for a higher 'sale' price.
    edited March 2012
    All that happens with sales is PWI creates a necessity, and then they take them out and reintroduce them at a later date for a higher 'sale' price.

PWE would put 5/$100 Ocean Orbs back in if people were complaining. It appears that Ocean Orbs aren't in very much demand anymore otherwise there would be pages of complaints.

Game is dying and spring is coming. PWE sales will get desperate soon.
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    They warned everyone they were cutting back on sales.....
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    edited March 2012
    PWE would put 5/$100 Ocean Orbs back in if people were complaining. It appears that Ocean Orbs aren't in very much demand anymore otherwise there would be pages of complaints.

Game is dying and spring is coming. PWE sales will get desperate soon.

Well of course. You only really use Oceans for +9-12 refine and most people stop at +10 anyway, so that's 2 Oceans per piece of gear per person. If you only have a single set of gear, that's at most 22 Ocean Orbs per person. That's nothing.

In comparison to that, getting +8 on a single piece of gear requires 850 1* Orbs per piece, for a total of 9350 1* Orbs.

With the current sales, the cost of those Oceans would be 660 Gold, whereas the 1* orbs would cost 1262.25 Gold. So the lower refines cost almost double the high ones.

Heck, +7 on all pieces costs about the same as +8->+10. I think I can see why they'd rather sell the 1*'s than the Oceans. And with 1*'s, they can even excuse the high price with the lengthy 1* sale we had a while back.

Also, 1* orbs are much more popular amongst merchants than Oceans. The reasoning is obvious: 1*'s have a lower batch cost and due to the low cost, lower tier merchants can do them and it's more efficient as you can minimize the amount of idle coins/gold.

So the costs a single person has with Oceans are lower than what they'd have with 1* orbs and 1* orbs are more popular too. I see no reason why they'd give a damn about the Oceans.

And exactly because the amount of Oceans used per person is so small, people don't complain.
    They warned everyone they were cutting back on sales.....

Did they? When?
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    edited March 2012
    I see no reason why they'd give a damn about the Oceans.

There's one big point that you've completely missed.

The last time this happened with orbs, you could practically hear everybody crying in their multi-page QQ post threads... The rage was strong.

This time, in the midst of all the other QQing... nobody has really complained, except for this one guy.
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    edited March 2012
    There's one big point that you've completely missed.

The last time this happened with orbs, you could practically hear everybody crying in their multi-page QQ post threads... The rage was strong.

This time, in the midst of all the other QQing... nobody has really complained, except for this one guy.

Well, there isn't much to complain about, though. Now everyone is busy with Morai stuff and tired from the 2x week and also everyone is expecting a better sale soon.

And lack of complaints doesn't mean that people dislike it less. We just have more people who are finished with their refines, so they're not complaining anymore. And by now everyone knows that if they spam tons of QQ thread, a mod or GM will just merge them into one big pile of QQ in a sticky and delete it after the issue has "passed".
    edited March 2012
    Well, there isn't much to complain about, though. Now everyone is busy with Morai stuff and tired from the 2x week and also everyone is expecting a better sale soon.

And lack of complaints doesn't mean that people dislike it less. We just have more people who are finished with their refines, so they're not complaining anymore. And by now everyone knows that if they spam tons of QQ thread, a mod or GM will just merge them into one big pile of QQ in a sticky and delete it after the issue has "passed".

You're still missing the point. Oh well.

This is the first time in the history of PWI forums that I've been here that something like this hasn't caused a huge issue.
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    edited March 2012
    You're still missing the point. Oh well.

This is the first time in the history of PWI forums that I've been here that something like this hasn't caused a huge issue.

Could be. Maybe people have given up finally.

Personally I'm not among the complainers because I don't really have to care. If they had given us the usual 100 gold for 5 Oceans and 4.5 silver for 1* orbs, I would have made ridiculous profits yes, but that wouldn't have really gotten me anywhere: the tokens that I need still wouldn't be 10,000 coins each. Heck, this week I've had to sell 300 packs at a loss, but I've made "profit" by buying gold at the lower price.
    edited March 2012
    Could be. Maybe people have given up finally.

Personally I'm not among the complainers because I don't really have to care. If they had given us the usual 100 gold for 5 Oceans and 4.5 silver for 1* orbs, I would have made ridiculous profits yes, but that wouldn't have really gotten me anywhere: the tokens that I need still wouldn't be 10,000 coins each. Heck, this week I've had to sell 300 packs at a loss, but I've made "profit" by buying gold at the lower price.

No real reason to complain... the game has already been spoiled. Same thing would happen to good dungeons and dragons groups over time. You get to a point that all the most difficult and prized things are given away without any thought or consideration. The term "Monty Haul" used to come up in discussions of those types of games because it's like picking a door and receiving a prize.

BTW, net gain is net gain. Sometimes you have to lose money to make it back.
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    edited March 2012
    No real reason to complain... the game has already been spoiled. Same thing would happen to good dungeons and dragons groups over time. You get to a point that all the most difficult and prized things are given away without any thought or consideration. The term "Monty Haul" used to come up in discussions of those types of games because it's like picking a door and receiving a prize.

It's Monty Hall. One of the most typical examples of game theory.
    BTW, net gain is net gain. Sometimes you have to lose money to make it back.

It's still kinda funny when you look at what I went through:
    I bought expensive-ish gold, expecting a good sale
    I used that gold to buy packs, which I started selling at a profit
    I got undercut when the prices dropped, so I ended up selling at a loss
    I then bought the cheaper gold, expecting a better sale next week

Heck, the reason I turned my gold into packs was because I had no clue exactly how much I had paid for the gold in total, as I had bought various bits of it. And I didn't figure to bother checking my gold log at the AH. Oh well.

This makes people saying that merchanting is hard even more ridiculous: I just did what every merchant shouldn't do and I still made 10 Gold profit.