Zhenning vs. FC heads

Options
Sanmit - Archosaur
Sanmit - Archosaur Posts: 19 Arc User
edited March 2012 in General Discussion
Hey everyone, this is my first post in the forums.
I finally gold a mold in d game and sold it for a mil. Since I now have a mil+ something coins, I was thinking of buying hyper exps and power level a little. Since there are two ways to go, namely Zhenning and FC heads, I thought what would be the best considering my level and my monetary condition in the game.
Here are a few points that are to be considered before u answer my question.b:pleased
1. I have only enough money to buy 10 hypers considering the current market prices. So I wanna make the most of them before I run out of money.
2. Zhenning can take me how many levels up considering that I zhen for an hour on hyper time on spiders (I dont remember the name of the mobs)
3. Zhenning would probably drain my hypers a lot, right?
4. Instead if I go to FC n pay, say 300k for heads will I get a higher amount of exp and more levels?
5. If say I do FC bosses and mobs, will my exp get nerfed coz of d higher levels in squad, thereby rendering it a waste of hypers?

So, while I am 71 should I buy heads or zhen? Coz each FC run for heads will cost me a ton of money, something I do not have. Period.b:bye
Post edited by Sanmit - Archosaur on

Comments

• BerserkBeast - Sanctuary
    BerserkBeast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    How about doing bh59 until 80 then do FREE normal FCCs 80-90?
    The only way to beat a troll is....to troll him back b:angry
  • Sagek - Sanctuary
    Sagek - Sanctuary Posts: 1,156 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    :Inserts joke about the French:
  • SolomonSmash - Heavens Tear
    SolomonSmash - Heavens Tear Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Do you already have a decently-geared and high-level main, and have good knowledge about the game?

If the answer is....

(NO) Power-leveling through, skipping a lot of the learning, will only get you laughed out of squads later; I advise against it.

(YES) You wouldn't need to be here asking this kind of question.
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    I would agree that it might not be a wise move to plvl.
    Not because I think that you wont learn your class but mostly because you will reach 80 with no money (since you said that you have ~1mil and will spend them on hypers).

and then what? you will definetely need some armor/weapon updating especially if you are going to run FCs instead of buying them (and if you buy them you will still need money).

I think that if you are going to buy FCs you should buy the 80-85 range, where you cannot efficiently FC and BH gives little exp. Or maybe even till 90 so you can get straight tt90 and dont waste money on other armors (but then you will lack FC experience).

anyway, if you have ways of making money and want to make a gift to yourself I would say FC heads. Exp will be reduced if you are in squad with higher level people (88 sounds like a good upper limit) but you can still get some extra exp with minimal hyper waste if you spend hyper activations (you can activate hypers 10 times per day):
    so, you can start them just a few sec before the boss dies, stop after it dies and spend just a few sec.
    it's a nice strategy if you cannot do 10 runs per day (1 activation per run on heads)
    you only purge once #yopo
  • Sanmit - Archosaur
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Nope, I do not have a main char. This is my main. Potato, I think u are right, that I shouldn't waste money on FC at the moment. The prices for heads are steep. Currently I have the TT70 blade and TT70 armor, courtesy of my guild.b:pleased
    I suppose I could sell them when I hit 80 and have decent TT armor which would make me a little money, say 1.5-2 mil in all. What I am worried about is the hyper exp costs. If u noticed the current trend in the market, u would see the hyper cost escalating. Hypers which used to cost 80k now sell for 110k, so by the time I reach 80, which might take a like a month (I get a level up every 3-4 days if I don't die and lose valuable exp), the hyper cost would increase manifold and might even reach 160-180k. So would it be a good idea to buy hypers now, for later use? Or use the money I have for skills?
    @Berserk : Seekers get free FC from avg 88-95 right?
  • DeadlyPath - Harshlands
    DeadlyPath - Harshlands Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    After 75.. Just buy 5 hypers and 3 tokens of luck (for 50 herbs).

You then watch world chat for free FC for seekers 75-80

Thats how I've done it.. I farmed my TT70 set. Farmed my TT80 blades and helmet.

Get Free FCs and people even like me so much they add me as a friend incase they need a seeker later.

Building connections help especially if you can't cash shop like others do or have a main to fund. (I'm new to the game).

Don't waste your coins on buying FC heads because later you can get them for free easier.
    ~They call me DP b:victory

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Semis_Inferi - Archosaur
    Semis_Inferi - Archosaur Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    o.o ok then where talking bout zhen....mind explaining why sometimes people give me free fc heads? im a lvl 77 psy o.o
  • Sanmit - Archosaur
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Hey thanks for all the quick replies b:victory
    I will probably hit 75 in a week or more, n then I will keep an eye out on World chat. I would hopefully get free heads b:chuckle
  • Lelouchvi_ - Sanctuary
    Lelouchvi_ - Sanctuary Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Have you done tideborn quest chain? you get alot of money like that and you level at least once or twice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited March 2012
    Options
    How about doing bh59 until 80 then do FREE normal FCCs 80-90?

Apparently people are now afraid to do "normal" FCC until they have their R9 gear and can link their weapon to get in squads.
    Personally, just quit playing. People are getting too stupid to squad with and that takes all of the fun out of it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • /ANGUARD - Heavens Tear4
    /ANGUARD - Heavens Tear4 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    i did a mixture of paying and soloing ff on my sin to big room for my seeker until lvl70 to where i used my bh2 orbs and some culti orbs i got as a random reward from bh1 to lvl my seeker along with bh and cs to lvl 80'and then persued to lvl with bh orbs and cs.Lvl 85-90 i didnt do much ff and still do few,i may do 1-2 a day.I actually like to do other stuff in game to see what the class is about and ff gets boring,b:laugh its so boring i stopped doing it for coin on my sin( i get more out of soloing tt than doing solo ff for nubs)

Also a great source of exp for a seeker is the PV,i have used that plenty of times and still do to get that last 10-20% of exp left to lvl,you can solo it.

though ff is boring ill usually go kill all the bosses on my sin and kill big room boss,then take my seeker in and kill all the remaining mobs LOTS OF EXP.

FFers are so lazy these days in FF and miss alot of non hypered exp,from start to end.
  • Sanmit - Archosaur
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Sorry to sound like a noob but what do u mean by Bh orbs? I might have heard ant it by a different name perhaps. Also what is PV?
    About the tide born quest chain, I have done it only till level 51. I haven't done the quest in which Goshiki dies and we have to kill mobs in Nirvana( Read about it on the forums). The reason of this being I knew I couldnt handle the magic mobs.

Also, I read somewhere on the forums that killing PQ boss Vastclaw Executioner in the Rotflesh trench yielded a lot of exp. there was a guy who even posted that x12 hypers on Vastclaw granted him 245k exp, which I do not believe :P

There was a video of Vastclaw that I saw in which the person got33k exp and a sin was tanking the boss. The player who was recording was 30ish and might have gotten nerfed due to the high level sin in squad, n thus received a much lower exp. this however I cannot say for sure. I would appreciate it if anyone could tell me what exp I can get after say soloing Vastclaw.

I do the crazy stone quest daily as grinding mobs is enough to sustain the cost of the stones n I get ~8% exp from that quest.
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    if you solo vastclaw at lvl 75 you will get 18.75 raw exp. with 12x it's 225k
    hyper zhenning in pq1 mobs is also ok and you can combo it with the actual quest.

bh orbs are exp orbs that you get from bh2 when you are lvl100.
    you can put them in account stash and use them to lvl an alt (after lvl80 i think)
    you only purge once #yopo
  • Zalm - Dreamweaver
    Zalm - Dreamweaver Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    :inserts Joke About The French:

Rofl!
    I don't see people begging for Assassins to come save them.
    I don't see people spamming for BM or Archer buffs in Archosaur.
    I don't see people asking to be revived by Barbs, Seekers, or Psychics.
    You know what I do see?
    'OMG I NEED A CLERIC!'
    'Any clerics nearby that can buff me?'
    'Can you rez me? I need a rez.'
  • thesmartass
    thesmartass Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Zhenning? Eww, thats nasty b:shutup

I don't know what's your class, but if you're a melee, i'd recommend you to grind on those jackals just by Dreamweaver's port, carry a kite cleric to keep your health good and bring some mp pots to make it better. In one hour, you'll be 80, ready to use your 2nd set of hypers to level real hard.
  • Sanmit - Archosaur
    edited March 2012
    Options
    I searched about Vastclaw on the PWI monster database and he might be a lil difficult for me to solo him, atm. However I think I could still do it if I have a decent cleric healing me at all times. Since I am not level 75 yet, i cannot maintain infinite vortex coz the herbs that restore mana have a level requisite of 75. M gonna try it tonight thoughb:victory