BM without interval

Options
emmo321
emmo321 Posts: 7 Arc User
edited March 2012 in Blademaster
I was thinking about playing a BM but i cant afford the coins to buy all the interval gears. So i want to know if there is a reason to play a BM without interval gear?

btw same question goes for Sins
Post edited by emmo321 on

Comments

• Khennie - Archosaur
    Khennie - Archosaur Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    This is why BMs are better than sins, if you can't afford aps gear, go with another path, mainly axes for aoe.
    While sins without aps are pretty lame with their low def, BMs use Heavy Armor and we have other 3 paths, axes being the most effective. You have a lot of Aoe skills that you could use, and some grinding spots which were used for zhenning and almost no one is there, completely free for us (;
    Grind a lot, and eventually you'll start having some money.
  • jabq
    jabq Posts: 821 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    emmo321 wrote: »
    I was thinking about playing a BM but i cant afford the coins to buy all the interval gears. So i want to know if there is a reason to play a BM without interval gear?

btw same question goes for Sins

Depends on how serious you are about your fun. If you want to miss out vana, get one shot by aoe's from bosses, no real need for gear. Warsong boss, aba, seat are the ones that come to mind in the bh. TT would be hard. FCC would be hard. That leaves normal quests, helping friends, farming mats&herbs. You know how you play and what you want, if int gear does not figure in that style, don't go for it. If it does, find ways to get it. Same applies for sin.
  • Kawaiiiii - Raging Tide
    Kawaiiiii - Raging Tide Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    you dont have to get all the interval.
    Level to 100 and start doing BH 100s.
    Bms are accepted into BH Squads because of HF.
    Start slowly saving up for each interval piece starting with TT99 wrists.
    If you are under level 80 make sure to get wraithgate cape as they are only ~4m. Easily grindable.
    +10 w/ Tisha: youtube.com/watch?v=tKHuXP8LRFU&feature=plcp
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Very few players start with -int. It's a game. Its something you work toward and hopefully have fun while you get it. Kawaiiii gave good advice, although I'm not sure I agree with the "rush to 100" advice. That makes 4.5k hp noobs that join squads hoping you'll do their BH for them and offer little in return.

My advice is don't worry about -int, grind and collect coin and get it as you can. Work for it, so its an accomplishment when you get it. Learn to play a BM, how to time HF, when to combo it with a triple spark or a Glacial Spike for the rest of the squad. Personally, -int isn't everything. I'd rather squad with a 3.33 BM with demon HF over a 5.0 BM anyday.

So, trophy mode. TT90 gold LA wrist are cheapish but bind or OHT -int are cheap. Try to save for another piece of TT99 plus your wrists, a -.15 total. Between 2 pieces of TT99 (one being wrist) and WG cape you are halfway to 5.0 aps wise. Granted, its the cheaper "half".
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • jabq
    edited March 2012
    Options
    I'll tell you another secret, in nirvana 5 aps squad that take 5~10 minutes, as a bm i do not spark during the whole run.

In bh on bosses, if the squad is good, i do not spark at all.

I only need to tank, spark when the squads are not OP. Very odd i know.
  • ZackMystic - Harshlands
    ZackMystic - Harshlands Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    I'm not really an aps bm and maybe not be a really big one at higher lvls. Honestly demon spark is what you'll need only if your not having alot of coins
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    78 Mystic ZackMystic
    95 BM ZackBlade
    Retired in March 2012, thx DarkNova for the fun.
    Exiirah made this purely awesome signature b:pleased Many thanks to her
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    Hexalot - Dreamweaver Posts: 871 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    jabq wrote: »
    I'll tell you another secret, in nirvana 5 aps squad that take 5~10 minutes, as a bm i do not spark during the whole run.

Very odd ?

Downright lazy if you ask me. No cloud eruption on genie ?

And for the OP... if you follow this guy's advice (assuming you eventually do get interval gear), you better be running Nirvana with good friends. Because no random pick up squad (or most guildies for that matter) will put up for long with a BM who is tagging along contributing nothing more than HF. If they wanted someone who does nothing more than amp at bosses, they would take a veno instead.
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options

Gonna back up Hex that this is lazy, fail, and inefficient.
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
  • jabq
    edited March 2012
    Options
    But...but...but, by the time i land from flying with the hf, the boss is dead or about to die. If i spark, the boss dies on me. I blame the +12 OP sins.
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2012
    Options
    But...but...but, by the time i land from flying with the hf, the boss is dead or about to die. If i spark, the boss dies on me. I blame the +12 OP sins.

C'mon man... half the bosses in Nirvana can't even be HFed anyhow and no GS either on that boss with the black and white mobs.
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Backing up jbaq a little, the first boss can die in about 5 seconds of HF (about 9 seconds total) so I will often just cyclone while others triple spark and then HF. This way I can save my chi for a triple spark+ (cloud eruption) GS on the second boss.

Also, the racist boss (kill blackies, let the whites live) can be GS'd. It just takes a little timing where the white mob has wondered far enough away and the black mob it just spawning. Or a squad that doesn't mind ~5k dmg. Some squads I run with I look at the hp of everyone and see 10k+ hp on everyone so (**** it) I GS even if there are white mobs around.

I have +10 G15 claws with 2 garnets, so I out DD sins with anything less than G15 or R9, but I've noticed in some squads it goes the same speed whether I triple spark + HF or I cyclone + HF + GS. It depends on the squad dynamics and whether we have a barb/veno/cleric to pdef debuff whether I triple spark or GS because GS is about a 28% dmg increase so unless I'm going to do 1/3 of the squad damage than the GS is better. Of course, the non HFable bosses I triple spark and GS on, and typically save my Dragon's Bane for them. I miss channel canceling.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Also, the racist boss (kill blackies, let the whites live) can be GS'd. It just takes a little timing where the white mob has wondered far enough away and the black mob it just spawning. Or a squad that doesn't mind ~5k dmg. Some squads I run with I look at the hp of everyone and see 10k+ hp on everyone so (**** it) I GS even if there are white mobs around.

Sure... most squads in the 10K+ HP range will easily survive the damage from killing a white mob or two. But at the same time there is no guarantee your squad members will be at 100% health at the exact moment your GS accidentally (or intentionally) takes out a white mob. Thus you'll be risking a whole lot of unnecessary charm ticks on their end which of course will just further **** everybody off.
  • jabq
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Backing up jbaq a little, the first boss can die in about 5 seconds of HF (about 9 seconds total) so I will often just cyclone while others triple spark and then HF. This way I can save my chi for a triple spark+ (cloud eruption) GS on the second boss.

Thank you b:pleased.

Bosses which can be hfed, die quickly, the first one as saku said. The fire aoe one in the chicken room also comes to mind. The lizard one also. On those bosses i rarely spark and hf. On the rest naturally spark+gs, and the other bm returns the favour next spark cycle, and hopefully the boss is dead by the end of two gs. (This is assuming the other bm has gs+pole and remembers to use it, horror exists and happens).

I haven't been able to pinpoint it, but faster squads with same gear tend to have debuffs on boss, not sure who does what, with what skill or genie, but it helps. The black and white boss, most people use earthquake, or one person does the adds, while the rest spark and dd away. Have never tried gs on that boss yet.

I think we are taking away the intent of the original post b:surrender. Sorry about that.
  • Shadwrage - Sanctuary
    Shadwrage - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    I love watching people debate over APS. The big spenders are always such jerks about not having APS being the worst thing in the world. You can't solo bosses and run your own FCC and you can't kill things fast and blah blah blah. Look- I have interval gears for the few times I need to kill a boss quickly, and it does help there's no doubt about it. But there is no reason anyone needs to have interval gear as a BM. Hell, back when I first played nobody even knew about the damn 5 APS bull-- They just used what they wanted. I find myself in a group with friends, multi-clienting mostly, and we run through all our dailies, run PV, run FCC if we feel like it, and all that good stuff you get to do at 90+ and I rarely use my fists. Calloused Lionheart Hatchets and I'm done. Maybe if you were playing the game entirely by yourself and wanted to be efficient at killing your own bosses and farming- I'd stress max interval. But who the hell is doing that besides those chinese gold farmers? (I know they're out there... they're in every game!! b:shocked ) Play around with what ya like, and see what you end up doing the most. Forget Nirvana. Forget FCC. Forget all that high end stuff. By the time you get that far, you'll be able to work on getting interval gear anyway so who cares? Have fun playing and ignore these jerks who say "if you're not an interval demon BM, you suck and I'd never want you in <insert high level instance here>" b:laugh
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    I love watching people debate over APS. The big spenders are always such jerks about not having APS being the worst thing in the world. You can't solo bosses and run your own FCC and you can't kill things fast and blah blah blah. Look- I have interval gears for the few times I need to kill a boss quickly, and it does help there's no doubt about it. But there is no reason anyone needs to have interval gear as a BM. Hell, back when I first played nobody even knew about the damn 5 APS bull-- They just used what they wanted. I find myself in a group with friends, multi-clienting mostly, and we run through all our dailies, run PV, run FCC if we feel like it, and all that good stuff you get to do at 90+ and I rarely use my fists. Calloused Lionheart Hatchets and I'm done. Maybe if you were playing the game entirely by yourself and wanted to be efficient at killing your own bosses and farming- I'd stress max interval. But who the hell is doing that besides those chinese gold farmers? (I know they're out there... they're in every game!! b:shocked ) Play around with what ya like, and see what you end up doing the most. Forget Nirvana. Forget FCC. Forget all that high end stuff. By the time you get that far, you'll be able to work on getting interval gear anyway so who cares? Have fun playing and ignore these jerks who say "if you're not an interval demon BM, you suck and I'd never want you in <insert high level instance here>" b:laugh

I like to play alone, maximizes my profit when running TT, and it doesn't hurt that when I'm in an instance I can't solo or a BH I can help the runs go faster by having 5APS b:dirty

I'm an american farmer, not a chinese one b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.