Gold price on your server

Options
Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide
Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide Posts: 934 Arc User
edited March 2012 in General Discussion
So what's the gold prices on your servers?

All this orb QQ has had current gold prices from servers thrown around. Some seem to have quite a large difference between others. So i was just curious what the current prices were on everyone else's servers.

RT has been holding around 1.2m for a while now.
Post edited by Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide on

Comments

• RageKill - Lost City
    RageKill - Lost City Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Right now sales generally go for 1.4m but there is tons in trading for 1.5-1.6m. I stick a few in for 1.4m and people sell it to me. Just a couple days ago i got plenty for 1.35
  • Babizoka - Dreamweaver
    Babizoka - Dreamweaver Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Dreamweaver is around 1.4 - 1.35, though you can still get lower or higher sometimes.
    Wait... what?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Heaven's Tear: 1,475,000 - 1,500,000
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Wow so RT has it cheap.
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • Vixter - Harshlands
    Vixter - Harshlands Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    about 1.5mil on harshlands
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vixter (101 Heavy Veno) ~ TT farmer
    Peachie (102 Mystic) ~ Main character
  • Litor - Archosaur
    Litor - Archosaur Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    3M on MyEn (troll)
  • Vixter - Harshlands
    Vixter - Harshlands Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    3M on MyEn (troll)

lol... true though XD

we might end up like them one day O_O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vixter (101 Heavy Veno) ~ TT farmer
    Peachie (102 Mystic) ~ Main character
  • Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Yeh looking like RT is on the low end of the spectrum for gold prices. Roughly 20% lower than majority of the other servers.
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Was 1.6m two days ago on Sanct.

Was 1.3m about two hours ago on Sanct.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Born_Again_ - Sanctuary
    Born_Again_ - Sanctuary Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Momaganon (german): 1,3 mill

Lothranis (french): 1,45 mill
    b:heart C. G. C. b:heart
    - a guild/faction on many servers, where ethics and behaviour actually matters and makes a differense

b:pleased

facebook.com/group.php?gid=22920649068
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=348361
  • SoultheWolf - Lost City
    SoultheWolf - Lost City Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    I'm kinda of surprised that Lost City doesn't have the highest gold prices right now, since this is definately the #1 PvP server on PWI and people are obssessed with getting the best gear with the highest refines so they don't die in PvP, unlike the PvE servers where they will get suffice for PvE and the PvP ones just make it easier for TW and tourny, ect.
    Its kind of rediculous how high gold has gotten, and it is only getting worse because the GMs keep putting more and more sales on that people want. The last two have been slightly iffy (seeing as the 10* orbs are 30 gold each and you can't get 5 for 100 gold), but people refuse to put it down enough to make the crappy sales worth it. I'd be happy if gold was like the Raging Tide servers... I want it below 1.2mil.b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide
    edited March 2012
    Options
    I'm kinda of surprised that Lost City doesn't have the highest gold prices right now, since this is definately the #1 PvP server on PWI and people are obssessed with getting the best gear with the highest refines so they don't die in PvP, unlike the PvE servers where they will get suffice for PvE and the PvP ones just make it easier for TW and tourny, ect.
    Its kind of rediculous how high gold has gotten, and it is only getting worse because the GMs keep putting more and more sales on that people want. The last two have been slightly iffy (seeing as the 10* orbs are 30 gold each and you can't get 5 for 100 gold), but people refuse to put it down enough to make the crappy sales worth it. I'd be happy if gold was like the Raging Tide servers... I want it below 1.2mil.b:cry

I'd be happy if ours was at 1.4m or higher like some of the other servers. I've never really understood why people like gold to be cheaper. It's normally a sign that the economy is in a bad spot.
  • TwinDreams - Harshlands
    TwinDreams - Harshlands Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    I'd be happy if ours was at 1.4m or higher like some of the other servers. I've never really understood why people like gold to be cheaper. It's normally a sign that the economy is in a bad spot.

Why do you want gold price to be high? Does 2m gold price shows that economy is good?
  • Kawaiiiii - Raging Tide
    Kawaiiiii - Raging Tide Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options

our economy is fine. there is just more people vs people buying.
    There hasnt been great changes in the RT economoy and gold has been ranging from 1.2-1.3 for a while. Few weeks ago it did hit 1.1 but that one just someone csing like crazy. Our economy is fine, the higher gold priced servers are the ones to worry about.
    +10 w/ Tisha: youtube.com/watch?v=tKHuXP8LRFU&feature=plcp
  • Mr_Punkster - Dreamweaver
    Mr_Punkster - Dreamweaver Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options

sorry but I had to LOL at that

If the sales aren't that great, and the gold prices are still high, the demand for items drop due to overpricing. Look at the US stock exchange for example. For those who don't know, the DOW Jones Industrial Average is price-driven, not quantity-driven. The stocks have been rising for quite a while now since the market crash, yet the economy is still in horrid condition. The rising price of gas creates higher shipping costs, resulting in elevated prices. Stocks still rise in price due to this effect even though the quantities traded remain the same. If the consumer is forced to pay more money for necessities, without greater income, how are they to afford luxuries to help drive the economy?

Though a lot less complex, the gold trade system works similar to the real life stock exchange. So let's use tokens are our gas comparison. A crappy sale on packs without the gold prices dropping equates to less packs being opened, so there are less tokens to supply the demand. More demand than supply almost always ends in a higher priced product. Players tend to lean towards tokens as a necessity (even though they shouldn't), because of the items available. For this reason, packs have driven the in game economy, for the most part, since they were first introduced.

So what it all boils down to: players buying gold at the high prices are mainly greedy kitty shops selling packs at higher prices...the equivalent to the greedy people on Wall Street.

So NO, the in game economy is NOT in a good spot. All it would take to fix the issue would be a consensus amongst players to boycott the overpriced pack/token kitty shops and gold. I'm pretty sure the economy as a whole (not all markets mind you) would stabilize within a couple days.
    lvl101 Legit archer...not 1 hyper used or multi-FC
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    1.4 ish on sanctuary, was expecting it will drop even lower due to these rip off sales.
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options

If the sales aren't that great, and the gold prices are still high, the demand for items drop due to overpricing. Look at the US stock exchange for example. For those who don't know, the DOW Jones Industrial Average is price-driven, not quantity-driven. The stocks have been rising for quite a while now since the market crash, yet the economy is still in horrid condition. The rising price of gas creates higher shipping costs, resulting in elevated prices. Stocks still rise in price due to this effect even though the quantities traded remain the same. If the consumer is forced to pay more money for necessities, without greater income, how are they to afford luxuries to help drive the economy?

Though a lot less complex, the gold trade system works similar to the real life stock exchange. So let's use tokens are our gas comparison. A crappy sale on packs without the gold prices dropping equates to less packs being opened, so there are less tokens to supply the demand. More demand than supply almost always ends in a higher priced product. Players tend to lean towards tokens as a necessity (even though they shouldn't), because of the items available. For this reason, packs have driven the in game economy, for the most part, since they were first introduced.

So what it all boils down to: players buying gold at the high prices are mainly greedy kitty shops selling packs at higher prices...the equivalent to the greedy people on Wall Street.

So NO, the in game economy is NOT in a good spot. All it would take to fix the issue would be a consensus amongst players to boycott the overpriced pack/token kitty shops and gold. I'm pretty sure the economy as a whole (not all markets mind you) would stabilize within a couple days.

I must be an airline, then. I gambled and bought a few thousand tokens at 9.5k a pop when they were still that cheap. Then, when prices went way up, I had a good stock of them, and didn't need to buy more. I could resell them at a profit, but I'd have to re-buy them for stuff like HP food and hypers, which would be a net loss.

Until tokens are cheap again, I will just use my stocks for my own needs.

But, on the other hand, instead of using a few dozen tokens a day, I'm limiting myself to a few dozen tokens a week instead. Part of that is also the lack of suitable FCC's. >_> I find myself bored and doing BH's instead of FCC, which... Is extremely boring.

I'd like to see tokens drop in price. It doesn't just effect the actual price of gold, it effects the volume of money moving between players. At current token prices, I cannot move volume in tokens, or almost anything else, which means it's pointless to me to have my catshop sitting there for days on end with stupid token prices.

Nor does it make sense to charge gold for so little return. If $1 was 2 million coins, or thereabout, 2 months ago, then $1 being 1.2 million coins right now means it's very much not worth it to charge the money. Especially with item prices being quite high compared to 2 months ago; You get a LOT less bang for your buck.

I want to refine the rest of my Sin and Archer's gear to +10, and possibly +12 my Sin's daggers, but if it's gonna cost $1200 to do so, or take 2 years of merchanting, it's really not worth it.

In the end, there are other things I can do with my time. I'm actually here to take a break from Minecraft, I will be going back when my friend and I are back on speaking terms. >_>
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    Jadsia - Lost City Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options

The reason why the US Dow Jones is up is mostly due to inflation. If it were truly market driven as you say then the US economy as a whole should be in full swing and unemployment would be below 5%.

The inflation in the stock market is due to the fact that we have a federal government basically printing money to buy debt. QE1, QE2, etc all caused the Dow to increase but you must notice the cost of almost everything from gold, food, etc. has increased too. The more money printed and injected into the economy the less value it has as a currency. You might have noticed all the buzz in the news about the Dow closing above 13K for the 1st time in 4 years. Well, the fed chairman is talking about yet another QE-whatever to buy more debt.

The solution to the rising gold prices in PW would be to increase the value of the in-game currency. How? Make more coin sinks that remove the amount of coin from the players in-game. The less coin in-game the more value it will have.
    I **** bigger than you...

Shut up and play the game.....Damn
  • Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Why do you want gold price to be high? Does 2m gold price shows that economy is good?

Not really, but when I sell my soul to the Survey Goons of Peanutlabs, and then I trade in my 102 silver for 2m coin sounds like a good day... b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010
  • Regenbogen - Lost City
    Regenbogen - Lost City Posts: 1,559 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    I STILL REMEMBER GOLD BEING 100k...b:lipcurl

10* are 30gold now when they had been 25g(or even 20?) some time ago.
    therefore no one buys gold and catshops are overpriced anyway
    i am waiting for you my little flagcarriers b:kiss
  • Sagek - Sanctuary
    Sagek - Sanctuary Posts: 1,156 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options

Because spending real money on Zen will become worth while. selling gold for 2 mil a pop would be awesome I loved it when it was at those prices.
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Because spending real money on Zen will become worth while. selling gold for 2 mil a pop would be awesome I loved it when it was at those prices.

As long as we don't need something out of the Botique it's great b:thanksb:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sevatar
    sevatar Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    This is for Sanctuary server

I pretty much tracked a good portion of gold from November till early December and then from mid February onward.

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=ba1bac124d542326#!/view.aspx?cid=BA1BAC124D542326&resid=BA1BAC124D542326!184

The green highlighted areas are the best times to sell / buy in that week. (In the Selling gold section the green is when gold was selling above average in that week, and in the buying section is when gold was below average [cheapest] in that week.)
  • Sagek - Sanctuary
    Sagek - Sanctuary Posts: 1,156 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    As long as we don't need something out of the Botique it's great b:thanksb:bye

I can see how that would matter. The only reason I see to shop at the boutique is for fashion, but everything in there can be bought in a catshop. Never cared about Mounts, or Flyers, or Packs.
    edited March 2012
    Options
    I can see how that would matter. The only reason I see to shop at the boutique is for fashion, but everything in there can be bought in a catshop. Never cared about Mounts, or Flyers, or Packs.

Well I didn't know that for a long time, I thought everything in catshops was irrelevant or it never came across my mind. I bought the Gryphon as my first Zen purchase for 30 gold! At the time though, I had no idea if it would have been smarter to sell the gold and buy a 3.0 for coin or not, it never came across my mind that I had options. b:sadb:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TheUnderLord - Lost City
    TheUnderLord - Lost City Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Did anyone notice a dramatic fall in gold prices between 9 to 11:30pm eastern time last night? Maybe this was isolated in Lost City? It was sudden, a drop from 1.4mil to 1.28mil by around 11pm. What about other servers?
    "yesterday was history, tomorrow is a mystery....but today it is a gift, that is why it is called the present."

L.C. Merchantile Asset Management est.2010
    (pwinsider.wordpress.com)
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Don't worry the price will always go up eventually. That's the rules. Just like inrl. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Did anyone notice a dramatic fall in gold prices between 9 to 11:30pm eastern time last night? Maybe this was isolated in Lost City? It was sudden, a drop from 1.4mil to 1.28mil by around 11pm. What about other servers?

Right before the Orb sale, prices went up in anticipation. Right after the orb sale hit, prices stayed up. Shortly after, they started to go down.

By last night they were at 1.3-1.4m each, from the 1.5m+ they were at before the sale. There is also a bigger supply than demand.

This sale is interesting, because it caused the prices of 10* to stay the same, 1* orbs to go up, and gold to go down.

I also analyzed that other poster's spreadsheet. There are some issues with the data collection and root cause analysis that would need some help, but it seems that: charge rewards and zen bonuses actually lower the price of gold due to saturation, Orb sales of any kind either lower the price of gold or dont affect it, multiple sales drive prices up extremely, and pack sales drive them up at a reasonable and appreciable rate.

So unless next week's sale is amazing (its prolly fashion...which does nothing to gold prices), I'm kinda interested to see if it continues to plummet, level off here, or go back up to 1.5m. I'm predicting 1.5, as all of that gold that people bought, and then said "Not worth it" and are selling is gonna dry up.
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
  • sevatar
    sevatar Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    yeah i haven't been very consistent with my spreadsheet but its a bit of an insight far as Sanctuary goes
  • Mr_Punkster - Dreamweaver
    Mr_Punkster - Dreamweaver Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    I must be an airline, then. I gambled and bought a few thousand tokens at 9.5k a pop when they were still that cheap. Then, when prices went way up, I had a good stock of them, and didn't need to buy more. I could resell them at a profit, but I'd have to re-buy them for stuff like HP food and hypers, which would be a net loss.

Until tokens are cheap again, I will just use my stocks for my own needs.

But, on the other hand, instead of using a few dozen tokens a day, I'm limiting myself to a few dozen tokens a week instead. Part of that is also the lack of suitable FCC's. >_> I find myself bored and doing BH's instead of FCC, which... Is extremely boring.

I'd like to see tokens drop in price. It doesn't just effect the actual price of gold, it effects the volume of money moving between players. At current token prices, I cannot move volume in tokens, or almost anything else, which means it's pointless to me to have my catshop sitting there for days on end with stupid token prices.

I bought a good load of tokens myself when they were much cheaper. Though, I don't only use them for myself; they belong to our faction for everyone to use (supplies passed out equally). Our stocks have pretty much run out, but we're not buying until the tokens hit 10k per at least.

The price of gold isn't affected by the price of tokens, rather the other way around. High gold prices without a decent pack sale results in high token prices.

Dreamweaver current Gold = 1.3-1.4mil (I never judge prices by the "sell" price...only the "buy")
    lvl101 Legit archer...not 1 hyper used or multi-FC