HA Boots + Wrists (R8 or TT99)

Knaifer - Dreamweaver
Knaifer - Dreamweaver Posts: 9 Arc User
edited March 2012 in Blademaster
I am currently working on getting R8, and I noticed that I could get the R8 boots and wrists as well, which would boost my survivability (for TW). Sure it costs 20 mill (depending on token prices). But its still in the range if not cheaper than TT99 HA equavilant.

Anyway, I have not seen any BM's with R8 boots and wrists so i was wondering is there anything majorly wrong with them that i am missing?

R8 Boots

TT99 Boots

R8 wrists

TT99 wrists

As a refrence this is my current setup
Post edited by Knaifer - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• HotBanana - Lost City
    HotBanana - Lost City Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Here is a question....

why the hell did you block yourself from getting a +5% HP neck by using the ****ty lionheart neck?
  • Knaifer - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2012
    I do have one (Swindler's necklace), I switch between the two as needed. I also have an additional Misty Forest Ring for the acc.

I cant include all the gear i use b:surrender
  • maocchi
    maocchi Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    The main thing with rank gear is that you can only use it on one toon. If you don't have an alt that would make use of the TT gear, by all means get the R8 boots/wrists (assuming it's for TW only). Plus now that you can recast R8, it's not such a bad choice either (heck, could even get -int on your R8 boots recast).
  • HotBanana - Lost City
    HotBanana - Lost City Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I do have one (Swindler's necklace), I switch between the two as needed. I also have an additional Misty Forest Ring for the acc.

I cant include all the gear i use b:surrender

Switch the swindler neck for good and get lionheart belt.

You keep 5.0 aps and get a +5% ele neck....

Geez, don't see how people don't realize that....
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I was gonna write this pretty post about efficiency and interval gear, but I keep forgetting the price tag of 300m...

Get a HA Belt and a 5% neck. Refine your pants to 10. Then decide if you're gonna go for a Pan Gu or not before you refine anything else.

I'm really sorry you spent the money on that neck :/ If you ever make a sin it'll be useful though.
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Actually the combo he has offers a slight DD advantage. If all you care about is dd than it works. But the combo Banana and Maelael suggest offers much better survivability, so its comparing a slight DD advantage to a huge mdef and hp advantage. If you already have enough hp and mdef to be comfortable in PvE than your setup is fine.

And there are two main reasons BMs don't go R8. For about a year there was no R8 boots and wrists for any classes but the fish. When they released the mud babies they added the rest of R8 for the other toons. Armor, pants and belt were available for everyone but only sins and psys had the choice of wrist and boots also.

The second reason is there is no interval on R8 wrist and boots (before recast) and they honestly are not that good. They run about 20-26 mil depending on token prices, which about the same price or more as TT99. TT99 is farmable. TT99 refines better. And interval interval interval. The wrist and boots combo gives you -.15 interval.

There are also cheaper legendary molds that are easy to find, cheap, resellable, and about equal to R8 defensively.
    Scribe's Shoes 1/5 the price. Just as good.
    Heavy Vambraces of the Hermit 1/5 the price, just as good.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Knaifer - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2012
    Thanks for all the advise guys, I originally got the TT99 belt cause it was cheaper than the neck and it got me to 5.0 APS. In hindsight I guess it would have been a better option to get the belt oh well.

As for the Boots and wrists, I will start searching AH for good deals on TT99 mats b:laugh

P.S: I really like my Paradise Sachet, its one of the few pieces that require hard work and patience to get
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Thanks for all the advise guys, I originally got the TT99 belt cause it was cheaper than the neck and it got me to 5.0 APS. In hindsight I guess it would have been a better option to get the belt oh well.

As for the Boots and wrists, I will start searching AH for good deals on TT99 mats b:laugh

P.S: I really like my Paradise Sachet, its one of the few pieces that require hard work and patience to get

In TW using your paradise Sachet belt is still a good idea, I think. I use it combined with cube neck. I already have pdef covered from my armor and rings, (I use 1 CoA ring in TW because it refines for mdef) so I wear 2 x mdef ornies. This is for TW, not PvE wear I'd use my TT99 HA belt. The real scary people in TW are the gankers and those are mostly casters and archer where suddenly you're charm is ticked and you didn't even see and attack, and the next hit you're almost dead. Plus, when you are marrowing you need some base mdef for your skill to be multiplying, otherwise its pointless and 2 x mdef ornies provides that nicely.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • FateBlade - Lost City
    FateBlade - Lost City Posts: 519 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Switch the swindler neck for good and get lionheart belt.

You keep 5.0 aps and get a +5% ele neck....

Geez, don't see how people don't realize that....

Well, you can use Eye of the Jungle belt and Lionheart Neckl. and save money, becouse Cube Neckl. cost alot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]