Undercover Brother

scarfaceclaw
scarfaceclaw Posts: 443 Arc User
edited March 2012 in General Discussion
When ur on an alt that uve kept quiet and you join a squad and its got people you know in it, do you tell them who you are or stay undercover?

I usually stay undercover
What kind of fool pays for a free game.
Post edited by scarfaceclaw on

Comments

• Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Depends. I normally let them know though. It encourages conversation, and I don't like to be treated as noobish because of having a low leveled alt.
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011"

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
  • MadiLee - Sanctuary
    MadiLee - Sanctuary Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I have several alts I play, just for the fact I want/need alone time. I love my PW friends, but sometimes I just need to chill a little. My alts range from very low lvls, to 100's, I've kept my high lvl alts hidden from everyone, I wont even wear gear crafted in my name, Ill buy theier gear from ah, just to make sure no one catches on. I have 2 lvl 101's I've managed to keep hidden for years, and plan to keep them hidden. They are my escape from everything. Once someone finds out you have an alt they want to friend it, and there goes your chance for to be alone. I do however let my lvl 99 cleric(main btw) be known, as well as my archer and sin, I'm usally on them anyway, but sometimes Ill log them on and go to my "other alts" so I can farm and relax :) Like I said I love my friends, but I also just need some quiet time :)
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I think it's sad that I can go on one character and be treated completely different than another. my seeker gets little respect, despite being a VERY strong built character, I have been able to hold entire rooms in FC with only BB and crab, starting at level 70, I have a very strong build, but people see low HP and call me a fail. I would love to know how and why. my sin is 93, still gets flack for not being 5aps, but in truth I can hit just as hard as APS users and I hold my own quite well. So I can only ask one question. What gives?
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • MyuMyu - Harshlands
    MyuMyu - Harshlands Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I have several alts I play, just for the fact I want/need alone time. I love my PW friends, but sometimes I just need to chill a little. My alts range from very low lvls, to 100's, I've kept my high lvl alts hidden from everyone, I wont even wear gear crafted in my name, Ill buy theier gear from ah, just to make sure no one catches on. I have 2 lvl 101's I've managed to keep hidden for years, and plan to keep them hidden. They are my escape from everything. Once someone finds out you have an alt they want to friend it, and there goes your chance for to be alone. I do however let my lvl 99 cleric(main btw) be known, as well as my archer and sin, I'm usally on them anyway, but sometimes Ill log them on and go to my "other alts" so I can farm and relax :) Like I said I love my friends, but I also just need some quiet time :)

ye o_ob
    sometimes I wish there's an invisible feature on friendlist.. I also like to be alone sometimes, or other situation where I can only login for 5 mins or so, then someone PM me, and I tell them I cant do anything at that moment because I will log off soon, some ppl just went.. "but you just online.. you feel disturbed by me? qq"

other things, sometimes I can see whats the real attitude of some people at my back.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Castgurl - Raging Tide
    Castgurl - Raging Tide Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I sometimes do, sometimes don't. I don't squad with a lot of people on my veno, so when I mention my veno on my barb, they're like "Wua?" o.o
    I just think it's freaking awesome that people keep calling me "bro" on my barb, then when I tell em that I'm a female, there's the spam of "Ohhh sorrry >_>"
    Most of the people I squad with on my barb know about my veno (or at least seen it on wc) so again, sometimes I do, and other times I don't.
    b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Castgurl.com - Beast Domes comic soon to be under contract.
    People that act tough in this game are the lowest people irl...
    2nd RB Veno 103/TooLazy/TooLazy (I will update.)
    2nd RB Sage Barb - Lrugtasc (Active)
    Youtube/Castgurl - PWI
    Facebook/BeastDomes and you can find it on Google+
    If you flame me or disrespect me I will BL you. No questions asked. b:kiss
  • Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary
    Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I have a hidden alt. I personally wouldn't tell people it's me if I join a squad with that alt(though the char isn't even lvl 19 yet XD)
    my seeker was a hidden alt for quite a while, up untill lvl 40 or so I think. Then I started to love my seeker more than my veno, so decided to add some friends.

A friend of mine wears gear manufactured by my veno and we always stick together, as in staying i nthe same faction... someone actually pm'd her thinking it was me b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    cant hide >.> account stashed gear is mostly made by me

and making a new set of +10 armor for a minor alt? cmon >.>

even my catshop got discovered somehow by guildies
    i like potato
  • John_Smith - Harshlands
    John_Smith - Harshlands Posts: 865 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Usually tell them unless its a lesser known friend. (You know, the ones where you only really talk to each other for instances and the like).
    I've quit excluding TW for my faction. But I still hang around to help out those who still enjoy the game under PWEs horrific handling and to have fun in the forums. b:cute
    #Shame about PWEs absolutely craptastic handling of the goons glitching. Remember kids, there's no punishment for breaking the rules here!#
    If you make a valid complaint, your thread will disapear. Don't post it here, post it on other sites where PW can't hide it.
  • maocchi
    maocchi Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    cant hide >.> account stashed gear is mostly made by me

^ This.

Literally all my gears are made by me.
    I have another account for Arcane classes but even those gears have my name on them.

Being able to login invisibly would be nice.
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    Kerona - Sanctuary Posts: 1,771 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    My account stashable gear is made by me but thankfully it seems not many people obsessively check others gears like I do.

I hide on alts a lot and only really say something if I know someone really close. Buttttttttt.... I'm also more of a jerk on alts. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Namari - Dreamweaver
    Namari - Dreamweaver Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I tell them.

For one, the alts who are high enough have on my main's necklace and belt, and most of their gear would be made by my retired wizard--which is apparently still well known on Dreamweaver despite me shelfing her 2 years ago. So even if I wanted to, I couldn't get away. b:chuckle
    Censorship is the bane of creativity. Censorship is the bane of personality. Most of all...censorship is the bane of identity.

My main is Ivy_. I'm better known as Destini. Also known as _Yvi. Yes, I have an identity crisis. b:chuckle

Looking for a signature for this character. Wanna make me one?
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I have some alts i'm open about, and some alts people don't know. It's nice to be able to hide away sometimes and play the game in a relaxing fashion instead of always doing something.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • RosangeIa - Heavens Tear
    RosangeIa - Heavens Tear Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Ehh honestly I don't like to come right out and tell people who my original toon was that I made 2-3 years ago when I first joined PWI. lol. I'm not proud of the things that happened when I played her and I feel like I've moved way passed all that drama...

Only time I ever tell anyone is if I was relatively close to them from back then. Though, most of my good PW friends now know me as Rosa here so it's not really a biggie anymore. I'm sure other old time players have moved on to new classes now too so I don't even know how many of the people I knew 2 years ago are actually still on PWI, just under new names.

And who knows, maybe it's better that way. I'd rather leave the past behind me, at least the bad of it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Here since October 2008 ;)

Check out my Art Corner:
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1212861
  • Ambisagrus - Lost City
    Ambisagrus - Lost City Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Meh....Only time people need to know who I am in a squad is it will get them to shut the **** up cause they know i'll kill them if they don't.
    Going for on sin: pwcalc.com/d916f4e82a02e4dd

Currently saved: 0

Total cost: 5 bil

My time: Lulz.