Thoughts, Improvement suggestions.

Options
Riad - Raging Tide
Riad - Raging Tide Posts: 35 Arc User
edited March 2012 in Assassin
So i'm working on a Sin and i'd like some feedback on this build. People say it's pretty standard but i'd like to hear opinions from experienced sins; http://pwcalc.com/f5624412d4951624

Tell me if i'm sharing correctly, refines are at +7 on the gear because i can't see myself with +10 or +12 armour, Thanks in advance.
Post edited by Riad - Raging Tide on

Comments

• _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    It's pretty standard.
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    _Perses_ - Lost City Posts: 1,917 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Well minus the DoT, it's the basic APS build....

btw...wtf is with the DoT?
    Nothing worthwhile to mention here, enjoy the animated signature~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    So i'm working on a Sin and i'd like some feedback on this build. People say it's pretty standard but i'd like to hear opinions from experienced sins; http://pwcalc.com/f5624412d4951624

Tell me if i'm sharing correctly, refines are at +7 on the gear because i can't see myself with +10 or +12 armour, Thanks in advance.

Pretty standard, and whats up with the crit arrow, you do realise that it does not add to your crit rate right unless you have a bow equiped?
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Riad - Raging Tide
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Well minus the DoT, it's the basic APS build....

btw...wtf is with the DoT?

Besides the ridiculous prices of JosD what do you recommend? I thought DoT was the standard shard? I was hoping the higher refines on would compensate for lack of HP and with JosD's at like 150m+ a Piece and DoT's at 18 - 24m i think my options are limited xD

Thanks for your comments and feedback soo far.
  • Riad - Raging Tide
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Pretty standard, and whats up with the crit arrow, you do realise that it does not add to your crit rate right unless you have a bow equiped?

I didn't know that, saw alot of people doing it so i thought it didn't need a bow, thanks for clearing that up! :)
  • Flamespirit - Dreamweaver
    Flamespirit - Dreamweaver Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Yes that is a normal old style sin and if you don't want to go expensive or new school I suggest this build instead. Im keeping in mind that you may actually want to do some solo stuff and or pvp. I removed some very expensive sockets, some worthless refines, changed ornaments into cheaper better ones for farming purposes. Idk why everyone focuses on physical def, in realitly most of the times my sin dies is becuase of magic attacks.Esp in tt 3-2or3 I tried to stay at about the same cost. it wont be as good pvp as one with sac or gof, and ur daggers is weaker then many, but that set up should provide huge amounts of self heal an survivability.

http://pwcalc.com/bdacee7f6b05fcdf
  • Azizsixer - Raging Tide
    Azizsixer - Raging Tide Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Honestly I do like the idea of having higher mdef but i cant bring myself to agree with ya there. As much as sins are squishy and take a beating from matks esp in tt even with that increase in mdef it wont help as much as you think. They still gona hurt.

If something has a high matk and you cant tank it, best imo to:
    1) Time sprk cycles to resist dmg
    2) Cancel with skills (Knife/lvl 100 skill/throat cut? lol)
    3) Genie wif lvl 10 earthquake o.o
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I didn't know that, saw alot of people doing it so i thought it didn't need a bow, thanks for clearing that up! :)

Oh np b:pleased If you look at alot of sins gear in game and see the arrows(any kind) it usualy means one of two things. Either they think they getting a boost or like me and keep them there for quick weapon change to bow without having to equip the arrows as well. That way you can just switch and attack and switch back to daggers with no hassle.
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    So let me get this straight...

You can see yourself with a weapon that costs 300-380m and cannot see yourself spending 100m on refines?

Not to mention seeing yourself buy a ring that costs 300m?

Not to mention the Primevals in the helm costing about 160m. That's really not a good way to spend money.

Great job.

By not getting the R9 ring, you save yourself about 220 Gold. Refining +8-10 costs about 59 gold per piece. So by not getting that ring, you'd be able to get yourself three pieces of armor to +10. Similarly, by not putting in Primevals in the helm, you'd save 160m coins, which is about 110 gold, which would get you 1-2 +10 pieces, totaling all five pieces of your armor at +10.

Here is said build. You're looking at trading 12k DPS (~7%) for 2,484 HP (~29%). I think your DPS is already high enough so you should go with this.

Also, if you want the highest DPS at the lowest cost, get +12 refine on the weapon. At the most, it'll cost you 198 Gold and give 319 Patk, whereas R9 ring would cost you 220 Gold for 113 patk, assuming your other option was Sign of Frost: Chaos.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Riad - Raging Tide
    edited February 2012
    Options
    So let me get this straight...

You can see yourself with a weapon that costs 300-380m and cannot see yourself spending 100m on refines?

Not to mention seeing yourself buy a ring that costs 300m?

Not to mention the Primevals in the helm costing about 160m. That's really not a good way to spend money.

Great job.

By not getting the R9 ring, you save yourself about 220 Gold. Refining +8-10 costs about 59 gold per piece. So by not getting that ring, you'd be able to get yourself three pieces of armor to +10. Similarly, by not putting in Primevals in the helm, you'd save 160m coins, which is about 110 gold, which would get you 1-2 +10 pieces, totaling all five pieces of your armor at +10.

Here is said build. You're looking at trading 12k DPS (~7%) for 2,484 HP (~29%). I think your DPS is already high enough so you should go with this.

Also, if you want the highest DPS at the lowest cost, get +12 refine on the weapon. At the most, it'll cost you 198 Gold and give 319 Patk, whereas R9 ring would cost you 220 Gold for 113 patk, assuming your other option was Sign of Frost: Chaos.

Thanks for the suggestion, Very helpful, cheers!
  • Riad - Raging Tide
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Anyone have any more suggestions on sharding, etc? :)
  • Kawaiiiii - Raging Tide
    Kawaiiiii - Raging Tide Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    +10 - +12 does not cost 198 gold on raging tides.
    +10 w/ Tisha: youtube.com/watch?v=tKHuXP8LRFU&feature=plcp
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    +10 - +12 does not cost 198 gold on raging tides.

Oh?

1155 1* Orbs and 1 Ocean Orb for +11 Orb
    1905 1* Orbs and 2 Ocean Orbs for +12 Orb
    Total: 3060 1* Orbs and 3 Ocean Orbs

At the best sales we get, 1* Orbs cost 0.045 Gold and Oceans are 20 Gold each, giving us:
    3060 * 0.0045 + 20 * 3 = 197,7

Rounded up to 198.

Of course, with the current sales, you're looking at 503,1 Gold instead.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    I miss the days D orbs were 0.45 for 10.

I guess this Christmas is when that'll happen again XD
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • Hotstepper - Dreamweaver
    Hotstepper - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    I would take Olbaze's advice he seems very competent about numbers, remove your r9 ring and r8 ring , buy 2 lunar rings at least you can sell when you want to upgrade, i prefer atk gems on my gears except my g15 ones, i sharded those with def2, i got them when they were 30m ea. with ep and tm on your genies your bp should be fine on heals.