Same sex marriage?

Jhalil - Heavens Tear
Jhalil - Heavens Tear Posts: 865 Arc User
edited March 2012 in Chronicles
How? I've seen a couple of dudes married and a couple of girls. I'm confused.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Still trying to move your cursor, eh?
Post edited by Jhalil - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Just people who make opposite sex characters with extremely similar character names. I.E. switching a capital I for an l or the like.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver
    XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    A) Bug where both players show up as male (I've seen it happen, it's a bug -in this case both player, no matter their class, show up as BMs).

B) Similar names: alts married to each other with very similar names, such as...
    Player #1: iloveyou (male - no caps) and iIoveyou (female - capital L).
    Player #2: Crazy_ (male) and _Crazy (female)

Can even play on the letters to spell "m" with "r" and "n".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Due to constant PMs: I'm not German, sorry folks D:
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    A) Bug where both players show up as male (I've seen it happen, it's a bug -in this case both player, no matter their class, show up as BMs).

B) Similar names: alts married to each other with very similar names, such as...
    Player #1: iloveyou (male - no caps) and iIoveyou (female - capital L).
    Player #2: Crazy_ (male) and _Crazy (female)

Can even play on the letters to spell "m" with "r" and "n".

Can't very the first point, but I can certainly second the second one. Many players make use of the font used in PWI to 'disguise' one letter as another, the most obvious being a capital I for an l. [Although in game, a capital I is thicker than a little case l, if you look closely]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2010
    Can't very the first point, but I can certainly second the second one. Many players make use of the font used in PWI to 'disguise' one letter as another, the most obvious being a capital I for an l. [Although in game, a capital I is thicker than a little case l, if you look closely]

I've seen it happen, but I don't have screens to backup. Someone in Feral had them though, forgot who. Both players were in male catshops, but one had an obvious female/veno-like name (was something like MaryFoxy BUT WAS NOT THAT PARTICULAR NAME, this is just an example.)

Bug can be recreated (almost) if you get d/c'ed during some instance and come back on. 2 days ago I had a female cleric appearing as a male BM in my FC squad. The only thing I saw was their player number (like P-1234567890). When I loaded in the instance I saw the full name, but the person was still a BM on my list.

Bet it's something with particular players not fully loading on your client.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I've seen it happen, but I don't have screens to backup. Someone in Feral had them though, forgot who. Both players were in male catshops, but one had an obvious female/veno-like name (was something like MaryFoxy BUT WAS NOT THAT PARTICULAR NAME, this is just an example.)

Bug can be recreated (almost) if you get d/c'ed during some instance and come back on. 2 days ago I had a female cleric appearing as a male BM in my FC squad. The only thing I saw was their player number (like P-1234567890). When I loaded in the instance I saw the full name, but the person was still a BM on my list.

Bet it's something with particular players not fully loading on your client.

Oh wait, you mean just the display and not actual person.

I can't count the number of times I've had an entire party show up as male BMs after I disconnect because the server is taking it's sweet time loading their actual genders as classes. The same with their buffs, too; they'll remain buffless for anywhere up to half an hour unless rebuffs happen.

So yes, in that case, I misunderstood what you were talking about. Although, I don't think it's a bug as such, more than the server not loading classes, genders, player names and buffs as fast as it normally does. I really couldn't say, just my own two cents.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2010
    Oh wait, you mean just the display and not actual person.

I can't count the number of times I've had an entire party show up as male BMs after I disconnect because the server is taking it's sweet time loading their actual genders as classes. The same with their buffs, too; they'll remain buffless for anywhere up to half an hour unless rebuffs happen.

So yes, in that case, I misunderstood what you were talking about. Although, I don't think it's a bug as such, more than the server not loading classes, genders, player names and buffs as fast as it normally does. I really couldn't say, just my own two cents.

Probably not a bug, true - client-side loading issue I'd say. Because not everyone sees it the way you do (IIRC the whole team saw the person as a cleric, and by the name itself in squad chat I knew she was a cleric). Doesn't affect gameplay, but still annoying.

You can interact and trade with the person, squad chat will have their correct name... but their displayed class and gender will be male BM. I've had this issue in Archo too... but then again, it's Archo, and it takes forever to fully load every single player in the area. Good testing area for that one BTW.

It's where my guildie spotted the two guys married to each other.

I've had the buff issue, but mostly when I join the squad and they're not in my general region. Happens a lot when I do like BH59 and I'm dualboxing: I'll have like 2 people in my cleric's vicinity, showing as fully buffed, but on my BM's screen the buffs will have disappeared completely until they're back around me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zalm - Dreamweaver
    Zalm - Dreamweaver Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Random Epic Necro!!
    I don't see people begging for Assassins to come save them.
    I don't see people spamming for BM or Archer buffs in Archosaur.
    I don't see people asking to be revived by Barbs, Seekers, or Psychics.
    You know what I do see?
    'OMG I NEED A CLERIC!'
    'Any clerics nearby that can buff me?'
    'Can you rez me? I need a rez.'
  • Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide
    Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide Posts: 934 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Random Epic Necro!!

/facepalm
  • MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Random Epic Necro!!

b:victory
  • DuckTapez - Archosaur
    DuckTapez - Archosaur Posts: 855 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Random Epic Necro!!

b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Duct tape is like The Force: bright on one side, dark on the other. It holds the world together, and, if not handled correctly, becomes a sticky mess.
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Random Epic Necro!!
    b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    *** thread is ***
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • baluh
    baluh Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    same sex marriage is G@Y G4Y G@Y G4Y G@Y G4Y G@Y G4Y G@Y G4Y G@Y G4Y G@Y G4Y G@Y G4Y G@Y G4Y G@Y G4Y G@Y G4Y G@Y G4Y G@Y G4Y G@Y G4Y G@Y G4Y G@Y G4Y G@Y G4Y G@Y G4Y.

nuff said
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Not quite a year since the last time I commented on this thread.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I really used to skip a lot of stupid threads...
  • fuzzywuzz
    fuzzywuzz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Fuzzy doesn't enjoy having to kill things that have risen from the dead....

-closed-
    [SIGPIC]Need to talk to Fuzzy?[/SIGPIC]
    Sig by NowItsAwn
This discussion has been closed.