Getting anouyed

Shuraka - Dreamweaver
Shuraka - Dreamweaver Posts: 9 Arc User
edited February 2012 in General Discussion
Ok Seriously Pwi can we do something about this "site" that is hacking like everyone on dreamweaver it getting annoying. there are so many accounts being **** atm that soon there will be no one left playing on dreamweaver >.> if a gm needs the site pm me im not posting it dont want more getting ****
Post edited by Shuraka - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Heartz - Dreamweaver
    Heartz - Dreamweaver Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    meh they should just block all homepages in game. if a friend has to show you soemthing it can be linked in vent anyway.
    105 - 105 - 105 (14th march 2014)

• maocchi
    maocchi Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I didn't know there were so many dumb people on Dreamweaver to go to some random site that promises you something that's literally too good to be true.b:bye
  • ToneiLuL - Heavens Tear
    ToneiLuL - Heavens Tear Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    maocchi wrote: »
    I didn't know there were so many dumb people on Dreamweaver to go to some random site that promises you something that's literally too good to be true.b:bye

^ This
    But then again there are a lot of younger audience who will just believe anything... Example ; Tooth fairy, Easter bunny, and Santa.
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    You should be required to take an I.Q test before playing any MMO.

'nuff said.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • melanderi
    melanderi Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    First- never go to third party websites that are offering free gold, leveling, items... etc. This is especially true of any site that is pretending to be an official site.

If you happen to end up in one of these dark corners of the internet, do not- I repeat DO NOT- type in any of your login information. That would be as bad as giving a random stranger the keys to your house!b:shocked

Further, if you see someone advertising these sites, please send a ticket with a screenshot.

Remember- Keep your account safe by never giving your password to anyone!b:victory
    Pixilated Community Entity
    @Effreet in game
    Terms of Service and Rules of Conduct. Learn them, Love them
  • Shandaar - Dreamweaver
    Shandaar - Dreamweaver Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I kinda agree; something should be done about it. However, I don't know how people expect random people spamming about this site, claiming it gives free stuff in exchange for their account information o.o.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I kinda agree; something should be done about it. However, I don't know how people expect random people spamming about this site, claiming it gives free stuff in exchange for their account information o.o.

You should see rs... b:lipcurl
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Melanderi wrote: »
    First- never go to third party websites that are offering free gold, leveling, items... etc. This is especially true of any site that is pretending to be an official site.

If you happen to end up in one of these dark corners of the internet, do not- I repeat DO NOT- type in any of your login information. That would be as bad as giving a random stranger the keys to your house!b:shocked

Further, if you see someone advertising these sites, please send a ticket with a screenshot.

Remember- Keep your account safe by never giving your password to anyone!b:victory

The site in question doesn't need you to type in your correct info. If you type in anything to the form it will plant a temp worm that will hijack all your info you type in which is why people's email address are getting **** along with their pwi accounts (even with false sign up info). You guys need to stop messing around and try and contact the host of that site and get them to shut it down. That should give you enough time to figure out who's doing it and ban them.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Shandaar - Dreamweaver
    Shandaar - Dreamweaver Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    You should see rs... b:lipcurl

Does the GAME support it, or are the players over there falling for the same trick?

If the game itself supports, I can see why

Now if it doesn't and the player go "OMFG FREE STUFF? All they need is my account password? Yeah sure!"... Then it's the same as what's going on now, and some players should really smarten up... DX

Edit: okay now if it's a keylogger, they need to get that site shut down ASAP and still, people need ti stop falling for it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Ink_ - Raging Tide
    _Ink_ - Raging Tide Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Yep..In RT there are frequent spambots PMing everyone out in west about random sites and **** like that. Are people really stupid enough to give out their account info? I'm starting to agree with the mandatory IQ test idea.

Or just pose this question on this register page. "I am a Nigerian prince and I have countless fortunes, it turns out we're related and I want to share my wealth with you. Will you give me your bank account number?" If they check Yes next to that question, their IP gets blocked from the PWI website. >_>
  • Semis_Inferi - Archosaur
    Semis_Inferi - Archosaur Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    reminds me of when i fixed a neighbours comp,(got payed $30 by the way)...the person`s comp was so rife with spyware,adware,and toolbars,it was pure lunacy

luckily windows defender,microsoft malicious software removal tool,and some old fashioned manual program deletion fixed the comp right up....

person was very happy with the rendered services
  • ToneiLuL - Heavens Tear
    ToneiLuL - Heavens Tear Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    The site in question doesn't need you to type in your correct info. If you type in anything to the form it will plant a temp worm that will hijack all your info you type in which is why people's email address are getting **** along with their pwi accounts (even with false sign up info). You guys need to stop messing around and try and contact the host of that site and get them to shut it down. That should give you enough time to figure out who's doing it and ban them.

If that is what is happening i believe its a drive-by. Downloading malicious hardware without their permission and stealing information b:sad

Edit/P.S: That is illegal.
    edited February 2012
    Yep..In RT there are frequent spambots PMing everyone out in west about random sites and **** like that. Are people really stupid enough to give out their account info? I'm starting to agree with the mandatory IQ test idea.

Or just pose this question on this register page. "I am a Nigerian prince and I have countless fortunes, it turns out we're related and I want to share my wealth with you. Will you give me your bank account number?" If they check Yes next to that question, their IP gets blocked from the PWI website. >_>

I once almost fell for the iPod ads when I was an e-noob. b:pleasedb:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2012
    reminds me of when i fixed a neighbours comp,(got payed $30 by the way)...the person`s comp was so rife with spyware,adware,and toolbars,it was pure lunacy

luckily windows defender,microsoft malicious software removal tool,and some old fashioned manual program deletion fixed the comp right up....

person was very happy with the rendered services

The money was actually monopoly money, because this guy is fooled by the simplest things. b:pleased

Please tell me he got a book titled COMPUTERS FOR DUMMIES. o .o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Ink_ - Raging Tide
    _Ink_ - Raging Tide Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I once almost fell for the iPod ads when I was an e-noob. b:pleasedb:bye

...This makes me feel old. Pretty sure there was no such thing as an iPod when I was an e-noob. Then again, I was living in Iowa, and as well all know from South Park that state is 5 years in the past.
  • melanderi
    melanderi Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Alright, rather than posting it here on the forums, please send a ticket to support with as much information as you have. If you believe your account has been compromised change your password and contact support immediately (again, with as much information as possible). I'm closing this up since this is something that requires sending a ticket to support (as posting the site in question on the forums would be VERY BAD).

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, and please be sure to avoid any suspicious websites!
    Pixilated Community Entity
    @Effreet in game
    Terms of Service and Rules of Conduct. Learn them, Love them
This discussion has been closed.