Best Class for a Noob

Options
coolguy147
coolguy147 Posts: 4
edited February 2012 in Dungeons & Tactics
I really like pvp and magic. I'm interested in Wizard, Physic and Seeker.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Arythalia - Dreamweaver
    Arythalia - Dreamweaver Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Well, from the choices you've given and the fact that I think you are a newer player then I would suggest seeker, mainly because of the fact that they are a heavy armor class and therefore probably easier to level. Wizards, and maybe psychics (mines only 21 so I can't comment on them) are much harder at lower levels but with better gear, high level and lots of experience both of them are fantastic and some of the hardest hitting, if not THE barest hitting classes in the game. If you are interested in how these would stack up pvp wise there's a fairly useful thread in the pvp section about what people think the "food chain" is on pwi. Hope that helped, feel free to ask more questions, and welcome to the game!

Ps. Idk if my avatar is still glitching but I'm a 94 wizzie so it's obvious which one I picked lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks tons to Bellefleurs for the sig<3
    Arythalia - 100 sage wizzie - main - active
    Eadrienia - 9x demon archer - active
    Myantria - 7x psychic - active
    Multiple other 6x, 7x, and 8x chars too, but too many to list in one sig b:shutup
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    i used to say... not wizard or bm

figured the starter quests are actually harder on humans than those of fish and wood people

not sure how big the impact of the recent updates was on difficulty
    but i think i remember that they changed the very low lvls difficulty-lvl to easy

1.they added gear you get for free by staying logged in (it lasts a week or so, so dont let it go poof and use it - its 50 times better than normal armors)
    2. they reduced the amount of mobs needed to kill in the particularly hard lvl20 zone
    3. they made a few grouping mobs non-agressive quite some longer time ago

when i think about it...
    if you use the free armor set wise (= lvl past 20 fast with it)
    every class should be ok
    pick what suits you most

i think blademasters and wizads are more fun thanks to a wide variety of area effects

... i should lvl a new char to see what else is new ;O
    i like potato
  • MissxCleric - Sanctuary
    MissxCleric - Sanctuary Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Why not try them all?
    The fact that the game has 8 character spots has a reason. ;p
  • coolguy147
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I've decided to try out a Assassin first then if i don't like that a Physic.
  • DeadRaven - Sanctuary
    DeadRaven - Sanctuary Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    coolguy147 wrote: »
    I've decided to try out a Assassin first then if i don't like that a Physic.

Just so you know, almost everyone (and their imaginary friend) has an assassin b:sweat

Also, in my opinion, assassins are not a good character to select as the first character for a new player. I think there are easier and better characters for soloing and making money early in the game. Assassins are more of an end-game character and take a ****-load of money to gear.....well, all characters do really but without your aps as an assassin you are useless where as most other characters can still play a valued role without their best possible gears.

Having said that however, I am a big believer in playing whatever character seems most interesting, so good luck, just wanted to give you a heads-up for what you have in store for yourself.
  • Arthursoul - Archosaur
    Arthursoul - Archosaur Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    coolguy147 wrote: »
    I really like pvp and magic. I'm interested in Wizard, Physic and Seeker.

For new players they go with Veno to know the game a little and prepare some coins for your alt. Veno do kill fast as full magic and can solo almost anything.

If you interested in other class then Psychic or Seeker are good, Wizard also good too but only you know how to play as one with long casting time and low defense.

Psychic do decent damage with full mag build but you'll need a lot of mp pots, because they are pots eater (Skills use a lot of mp at high lvl)
    Seeker use heavy armor but may deal low damage at early lvl, until you know how to combine their skills into combo, but they fun once you have your famous aoe skill, Vortex lvl 59
  • coolguy147
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Just to clarify things I'm not a noob to mmorpgs just PWI. I came from ESO and have played many others as well
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I would suggest trying out all of the classes, and seeing which one you like from there.

May I also suggest that you try the clerics, venos, and mystics as well.

Clerics and Mystics have strong healing powers, which makes them less squishy.

Venos and Mystics have pets/summons which means the damage done is not on them. There are other reasons, but I'm just giving a nod in the direction of some other options as well.

All classes are good really, so try them out, and see what you like. In the end, its up to you. (Not like you can't delete the character if you don't like it.) Plus you can have 2 accounts, so there is more than enough room for every character type. Try for yourself, and see what you like.

Good luck in whatever your decision may be.
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011&quot;

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)