A Stone In The Boutique To Change Your Character's Name!!

xena909
xena909 Posts: 3 Arc User
edited February 2012 in Suggestion Box
Dear Pwi,

I would Like to Change my character's name I don't know How But I have an ideas for example a scroll or pack or stone in The Boutique to buy, and change your name Then the duke Shouts. b:cute
Post edited by xena909 on

Comments

• _fabulous_ - Sanctuary
    _fabulous_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    *facepalm* there's a shiny search button for a reason, this topic has been posted a kabazillion times already b:angry
  • SugarSin - Dreamweaver
    SugarSin - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I didn't know >.>
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Besides the obvious being suggested lots of times before, this would cause massive database issues since in one case, several servers share a name database (Heaven's Tear, Sanctuary, and Archosaur), so probably isn't going to happen.

I know of one case where someone's name has been changed, and while I don't know the full circumstances, I know that it wasn't requested by them just because they "wanted to change" and they still sometimes have problems with getting added to squad, friends lists, etc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    It would be mostly used by scammers, trolls, and people who sell their accounts. No thank you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide
    Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide Posts: 934 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    It would be mostly used by scammers, trolls, and people who sell their accounts. No thank you.

I agree. No thanks.
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited February 2012

Agreed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • SugarSin - Dreamweaver
    SugarSin - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2012

Or Not!! if it's expensive I want to change my toon name soooo bad and I made her 2 years ago she is high lvl.
  • Miyavi_ - Archosaur
    Miyavi_ - Archosaur Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    *facepalm* there's a shiny search button for a reason, this topic has been posted a kabazillion times already b:angry

Welll then why doesn't PWI do something about it if its been requested by that many people? I'd change mine too because I was drunk when I created this char. LOL
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    Reikara - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,321 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    All they really need to do is allow you to re-use names of characters that were deleted. -__-'
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    All they really need to do is allow you to re-use names of characters that were deleted. -__-'

I believe Spoons said you can after a set amount of time has passed. Don't remember what that number was, possibly 30 days or something like that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3