Warding levels.

Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
edited February 2012 in General Discussion
Ok guys here is the issue.
I got full 5(pieces) of new armor from morai.
It says I should get 23 warding levels. Also I got it.
My elemental resistance without this new armor is around 9K.
With new armor is a lot less, because all pieces has low elemental resistance.
Now I checked damage what mobs doing to me.(elemental mobs). And with new set of armor is exactly the same as on my old normal armor. Old armor has bigger elemental resistance and new armor has warding level and lower elem. resistance. But mobs did same damage to me.
So what is the point to have new armor, if the mobs do same damage to you? So new set of armor is totally worthless, because it has low ele. resistance but +23 warding levels. But damage receiving from mobs is the same as on my old armor.
Only what is good is weapon, which +4 do same damage as my +8 neon purgatory to mobs.

What do you think. Or did some do another comparison. I would welcome to comparison to physical damage.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Mumintroll - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Now I checked damage what mobs doing to me.(elemental mobs). And with new set of armor is exactly the same as on my old normal armor. Old armor has bigger elemental resistance and new armor has warding level and lower elem. resistance. But mobs did same damage to me.
    So what is the point to have new armor, if the mobs do same damage to you? So new set of armor is totally worthless, because it has low ele. resistance but +23 warding levels. But damage receiving from mobs is the same as on my old armor.
    Only what is good is weapon, which +4 do same damage as my +8 neon purgatory to mobs.

What do you think. Or did some do another comparison. I would welcome to comparison to physical damage.

I wasn't impressed with the armor. It refines like poo, has **** for resistances, **** for addons, and overall is just blah.

My question is, are you using the G12 or G13 armor?
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    It's free decent armor for people who don't care about pvp?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Warding levels are like defense levels, except they only work against mob attacks, not in PVP.

On my HA/AA veno, I see a slight decrease in damage taken using the Hellblazer heavy quest armor compared to OHT 2 and 3 star heavy armor, and a significant increase in damage done (physical and magical) with the Morai quest magic sword, unrefined, compared to a +5 Requiem Blade.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited February 2012

Are you compairing level 95 gear to end game gear? Need a bit more information on what you are compairing it too.
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • I_Snipe - Lost City
    I_Snipe - Lost City Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    The free Lvl 95 G12 gear has base defenses close to TT70, and is rather worthless if you have TT99 or better gear.

The Lvl 100 G13 gear has base defenses close to TT80, and should be equal to or slightly better than TT99 when adding in Warding Levels.

The Lvl 101 G15 gear has slightly better base defenses than G15 TT NV, and is possibly the best endgame PvE gear you can acquire, it might even be better than R9 for PvE

That's just my theory though.
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2012
    I wasn't impressed with the armor. It refines like poo, has **** for resistances, **** for addons, and overall is just blah.

My question is, are you using the G12 or G13 armor?
    G12. Of course.b:pleased

At lest the magic sword is superior. I'm glad i sold my lunar wand, because is kinda useless. For pvp, every1 has R8 at least and for Pve was **** comparing to new sword.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2012
    Are you compairing level 95 gear to end game gear? Need a bit more information on what you are compairing it too.

No On my mage I have just normal gear. Some of TT 90 green(pants) and green cap, some rank 6 robe and gold TT90 wrist. Nothing good.b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nymphali - Dreamweaver
    Nymphali - Dreamweaver Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited February 2012

Tell you whats the point on the new armor: Sell it to the NPC b:victory
  • brideinred
    brideinred Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    The free Lvl 95 G12 gear has base defenses close to TT70, and is rather worthless if you have TT99 or better gear.

The Lvl 100 G13 gear has base defenses close to TT80, and should be equal to or slightly better than TT99 when adding in Warding Levels.

The Lvl 101 G15 gear has slightly better base defenses than G15 TT NV, and is possibly the best endgame PvE gear you can acquire, it might even be better than R9 for PvE

That's just my theory though.

I agree.

To put in short terms:

new G12 < TT99 < new G13 < R8 < new G15.

With the possible exception of gear with a specific attribute like -intervals or -channeling. For some people a blue -12% channeling necklace is more precious than the cube nacklace.
  • Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited February 2012

in short...

95 comparable to tt90
    100 comparable to r8 or tt99 gold
    101 comparable to no one knows yet, no one has enough prestige! and apparently for ppl with over 500 prestige, they've been frozen and arent able to make anymore >:l b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010
  • Sir_Puma - Raging Tide
    Sir_Puma - Raging Tide Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    On my barb I use 3 pieces of the g12 : Boots, sleeves and chest. Gives me less hp then what I had before ( tt99 chest, arms and tide of elysium boots), but the warding lvls make up for it. I actually lose about 1k hp in tiger form (with g12 just at +3) to gain 9% more physical resists and 7% more magic resists (with warding lvls , of course). And I do see a difference from damage of Morai mobs.

Now I do have a question though..

Does warding lvls ADD to our original physical def, or is it more like reduce physical def taken on some armor/jewelry ?

Meaning, if I have , let's say (taking random numbers, not in game now..) :

75% physical def and 15% from warding. Is it 90% physical def or 75%, THEN 15% reduce from damage I take ?
    Proud supporter of the new expansion. Sure it has it's share of bugs, like any games. But for a pure farmer/grinder, that's a whole lot of new mobs to go beat up b:chuckle
  • ryuujitaka
    ryuujitaka Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    On my barb I use 3 pieces of the g12 : Boots, sleeves and chest. Gives me less hp then what I had before ( tt99 chest, arms and tide of elysium boots), but the warding lvls make up for it. I actually lose about 1k hp in tiger form (with g12 just at +3) to gain 9% more physical resists and 7% more magic resists (with warding lvls , of course). And I do see a difference from damage of Morai mobs.

Now I do have a question though..

Does warding lvls ADD to our original physical def, or is it more like reduce physical def taken on some armor/jewelry ?

Meaning, if I have , let's say (taking random numbers, not in game now..) :

75% physical def and 15% from warding. Is it 90% physical def or 75%, THEN 15% reduce from damage I take ?

I haven't done any testing, but I've heard that it works just like normal attack/defense levels except that they only apply in pve.

I also read somewhere that warding/slayer levels multiply with defense/attack levels.
  • Sir_Puma - Raging Tide
    edited February 2012
    I also noticed that it does seem to apply to just lvl 100 mobs and up (Warding lvls) as indicated. My barb went to tank a bh79 and seemed to get more damage in the new PvE gear.. Tests and more tests coming up soon....
    Proud supporter of the new expansion. Sure it has it's share of bugs, like any games. But for a pure farmer/grinder, that's a whole lot of new mobs to go beat up b:chuckle
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    edited February 2012
    I also noticed that it does seem to apply to just lvl 100 mobs and up (Warding lvls) as indicated. My barb went to tank a bh79 and seemed to get more damage in the new PvE gear.. Tests and more tests coming up soon....

Warding levels on apply to mobs your level (or level range I soppose), unlike slaying which has not limit that I have seen. What that range is I have no idea, probaly the same as exp ~. I can not remember the post but it was generic, so realy no idea if its level of the gear yourself or what. This would account for people have different views on the effectivness of the gear
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    edited February 2012
    in short...

95 comparable to tt90
    100 comparable to r8 or tt99 gold
    101 comparable to no one knows yet, no one has enough prestige! and apparently for ppl with over 500 prestige, they've been frozen and arent able to make anymore >:l b:bye

I still gain prestige even above 500 b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sir_Puma - Raging Tide
    edited February 2012
    I still gain prestige even above 500 b:surrender

695 prestige, 295 influence here, so yeah it doesn't stop..

Also : In character sheet, for warding lvl, says "Damage from (ur level) mobs will be reduced by"

So that indeed plays a role. If someone equips gear and goes fight lower level mobs then him/her, these defense level won't apply, making gear look bad..
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Physical defense says "Damage from (your level) enemies will be reduced by xx%", it's all about relative levels.

Assuming the attack level math applies, warding should be more effective against mobs (with no slaying levels) that are lower than the sum of your level + slaying level than against mobs that are higher.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
    edited February 2012
    Keep testing guys.
    I need to test now how it works in physical damage reduction. 23% lower physical damage would be nice, even if I had lower p.def from new armor. Need to do some tests.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fail_BM - Raging Tide
    Fail_BM - Raging Tide Posts: 929 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    We need more archers hereb:chuckle
  • Yuji_Sakai - Harshlands
    Yuji_Sakai - Harshlands Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I had some free time, so I did some testing with this.
    I have three pieces of the new Morai 95 gear, so I was able to get 15 ward levels with it.
    I tested with mobs my level (magic and phy) and mobs much lower level than me (magic and phy)

Note: When I mouse over my ward level while I have 15 ward levels, it says that it will reduce damage taken from mobs lvl 100 by 13%.
    Note: For the phy mobs, I was wearing fists, which add str, upping my phy def slightly.
    Note: I didn't take as large of a sample size of hits from the mobs my level as I would have liked to because I really hate wasting pots.
    Note: By "my level" I mean mobs whos' names are white for me.

Results:

//// My Level Mobs \\\\\

--Regolith (lvl 98 Earth magic mob)--
    With my normal armor:
    My earth resist: 3376 (45%) 0 def levels, 0 ward levels
    Total Damage Reduction: 45%
    Mob average damage: 639

With ward armor:
    My earth resist: 2713 (40%) 0 def levels, 15 ward levels (13%)
    Total Damage Reduction: 40+13=53%
    Mob average damage: 614.5

Total damage reduction difference: 8%
    Average Damage difference: ~4%

--Rakshasa Concubine (lvl 101 physical mob)--
    With my normal armor:
    My physical resist: 3067 (43%) 0 def levels, 0 ward levels
    Total Damage Reduction: 43%
    Mob average damage: 505

With ward armor:
    My physical resist: 2568 (39%) 0 def levels, 15 ward levels (13%)
    Total Damage Reduction: 39+13=52%

Total damage reduction difference: 9%
    Average Damage difference: ~4.5%

//// Low Level Mobs \\\\

--Sori Gnawer (lvl 61 wood magic mob)--
    With my normal armor:
    My wood resist: 3376 (45%) 0 def levels, 0 ward levels
    Mob average damage: 269

With ward armor:
    My wood resist: 2713 (40%) 0 def levels, 15 ward levels (13%)
    Mob average damage: 244

Average Damage difference: ~9.3%

--Ratchet Jagmech (lvl 61 physical mob)--
    With my normal armor:
    Mob average damage: 198

With ward armor:
    Mob average damage: 176.5

Average Damage difference: ~10.9%

//// My conclusions \\\\
    My total damage reduction is higher with ward armor on, and it shows in the damage that I take. It is clear that ward armor protects me better even though my defense values are lower with it on. It also works as expected on lower level mobs, since I still took less damage from them with the ward armor on as well.
  • Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide
    Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide Posts: 934 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I had some free time, so I did some testing with this.
    I have three pieces of the new Morai 95 gear, so I was able to get 15 ward levels with it.
    I tested with mobs my level (magic and phy) and mobs much lower level than me (magic and phy)

Note: When I mouse over my ward level while I have 15 ward levels, it says that it will reduce damage taken from mobs lvl 100 by 13%.
    Note: For the phy mobs, I was wearing fists, which add str, upping my phy def slightly.
    Note: I didn't take as large of a sample size of hits from the mobs my level as I would have liked to because I really hate wasting pots.
    Note: By "my level" I mean mobs whos' names are white for me.

Results:

//// My Level Mobs \\\\\

--Regolith (lvl 98 Earth magic mob)--
    With my normal armor:
    My earth resist: 3376 (45%) 0 def levels, 0 ward levels
    Mob average damage: 639

With ward armor:
    My earth resist: 2713 (40%) 0 def levels, 15 ward levels (13%)

Average Damage difference: ~4%

--Rakshasa Concubine (lvl 101 physical mob)--
    With my normal armor:
    Mob average damage: 505

With ward armor:

Average Damage difference: ~4.5%

//// Low Level Mobs \\\\

--Sori Gnawer (lvl 61 wood magic mob)--
    With my normal armor:
    My wood resist: 3376 (45%) 0 def levels, 0 ward levels
    Mob average damage: 269

With ward armor:
    My wood resist: 2713 (40%) 0 def levels, 15 ward levels (13%)
    Mob average damage: 244

Average Damage difference: ~9.3%

--Ratchet Jagmech (lvl 61 physical mob)--
    With my normal armor:
    Mob average damage: 198

With ward armor:
    Mob average damage: 176.5

Average Damage difference: ~10.9%

//// My conclusions \\\\
    My total damage reduction is higher with ward armor on, and it shows in the damage that I take. It is clear that ward armor protects me better even though my defense values are lower with it on. It also works as expected on lower level mobs, since I still took less damage from them with the ward armor on as well.

Mind including what your normal armor is exactly?
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Not account stash-able: The refines on my gear cost more than the gear. I don't PvP, but I do make a lot of my coin via dailies (mostly BH100). -Having multiple 100+ toons on the same account helps. Even though I'm PvE only: the only thing these equips do for me is provide no excuses for the many high levels with crappy gear.

I do have a Barb on an otherwise Arcane account that will probably use some of these equips, but only because it's my only HA toon out of 8 toons.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    edited February 2012
    Is there any official statements or posts on what this actualy does, it bothers me that most of the help in this game/wiki/forum's is not even supplied by the dev's much less the publisher.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    edited February 2012
    tweakz wrote: »
    Not account stash-able: The refines on my gear cost more than the gear. I don't PvP, but I do make a lot of my coin via dailies (mostly BH100). -Having multiple 100+ toons on the same account helps. Even though I'm PvE only: the only thing these equips do for me is provide no excuses for the many high levels with crappy gear.

I do have a Barb on an otherwise Arcane account that will probably use some of these equips, but only because it's my only HA toon out of 8 toons.

There is no good reason to allow this to be account stashable, much less tradable. Defeats the purpose of earning your gear.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]