Slipstream Strike
Range Melee
Mana 130
Channel 0.2 second(s)
Cast 1.9 second(s)
Cooldown 6.0 second(s)
Weapon Daggers

Requisite Spiritual Cultivation Aware of the Myriad
A powerful strike with the full force of the arm.
Deals base physical damage plus
100% of weapon damage plus 6633.

Has 30% chance to increase your attack speed by 20% for 3 seconds.

Yesterday, I learned Sage Slipstream Strike after noting that it doesn't cost any chi and that the damage is very close to that of level 10 Headhunt, which has identical damage except 6716.9 instead of 6633.

One other reason I decided to learn it was the speed boost: I figured it might be somewhat helpful in disposing of randoms in Cube rooms 14 and 34. I had previously disregarded the speed boost as useless due to the short duration and low odds.

However, today I set up a simple macro: Slipstream Strike -> Auto-attack. After testing this during my OHT daily, I noted that the combo worked really, really well. The skill has very low mana cost, so it doesn't suffer from the same weakness as Rib Strike of draining your mana too fast. Similarly, by putting it into a macro, it cuts any lag between the Slipstream and the auto-attacks, making it pretty useful when it does proc. Finally, the high damage means that if I happen to crit the Slipstream, it'll take off a pretty good chunk of HP from the monster: almost 1/2 on a most mobs in my level range, plus it was capable of two-shotting the lvl 85ish mobs in OHT.

Thus, I have changed my opinion of Slipstream Strike. It is useful. In fact, very much so, especially if you happen to have a high DPH weapon, such as Rank 8. Slipstream Strike will stay on my toolbar in a macro for whenever I'm bored enough to grind on some mobs.
I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
Post edited by Olbaze - Sanctuary on

Comments

• _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    It's very good to see a sin that knows so much about their class learn something new. I remember reading a debate on the usefulness of this skill, and to be honest, it is a good skill. Bravo to you Olbaze.

(Though I 1-shot the OHT daily mobs with my bow b:avoid )

But on a more serious note, I'm glad you can shed light to sage sins who haven't considered it. I would LOVE to have the sage version as the demon version XD
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • Pyrostormz - Raging Tide
    Pyrostormz - Raging Tide Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    i never thought of it before... now i will keep my eyes out for a book
    ┌─┐
    ┴─┴
    ಠ_ರೃ
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    It's very good to see a sin that knows so much about their class learn something new. I remember reading a debate on the usefulness of this skill, and to be honest, it is a good skill. Bravo to you Olbaze.

(Though I 1-shot the OHT daily mobs with my bow b:avoid )

But on a more serious note, I'm glad you can shed light to sage sins who haven't considered it. I would LOVE to have the sage version as the demon version XD

It's definitely worth it, as even if the attack speed buff doesn't go off, it doesn't cost much mana and the damage is really high. If the boost goes off, you're looking at ~25% more DPS for those 3 seconds, which is pretty hefty.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
  • Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear
    Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,681 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Isn't it similar with demon quickshot in terms of usefulness. (acknowledging the difference in APS)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <--- MALE Veno ..... Moved to G W 2 or maybe not completely , don't know ...... PW addiction
    {That TT xbow chain is one that describes someone's bowel movements after having too much spicy food. A loud **** (Thundercrack), then a burning sensation (Flash Fire), followed by an explosion of multi-colored poo-confetti (Blinding Radiance). Excellent...} By Quilue
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Isn't it similar with demon quickshot in terms of usefulness. (acknowledging the difference in APS)

Not really. Demon Quickshot has a 50% proc of 30% and it lasts 6 seconds, with a cooldown of 3 seconds. So it has higher proc, the buff is better and the duration is more than the cooldown, unlike Slipstream Strike.

This is actually why I originally regarded it as useless, as I compared it to Demon Quickshot and saw that everything about it was worse. But unlike Demon Quickshot, Slipstream has absolutely hilarious DPH for being a lowbie skill and having no chi costs.
  • Deadalus - Harshlands
    Deadalus - Harshlands Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Well, sounds pretty good unless you face a ? Boss/Mob.

I doubt, that the time it takes casting and channeling Slipstream, makes up the 3 seconds the buff gives.
    Thats around 2.1 seconds you need to cast this skill. When it gives you the buff, you have actively 0.8 seconds to catch up the damage u lost casting the skill, + - the damage the skill does itself.

Against mobs, i still see this skill pretty useless but against players, it can be really sweet.

b:bye
  • John_Smith - Harshlands
    John_Smith - Harshlands Posts: 865 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    The damage isn't far off of Lv10 Headhunt either. I've been a fan of it for milleniums, but noone would listen :<

The macro to cut the delay is a new one tho, must try that later.
    I've quit excluding TW for my faction. But I still hang around to help out those who still enjoy the game under PWEs horrific handling and to have fun in the forums. b:cute
    #Shame about PWEs absolutely craptastic handling of the goons glitching. Remember kids, there's no punishment for breaking the rules here!#
    If you make a valid complaint, your thread will disapear. Don't post it here, post it on other sites where PW can't hide it.
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited February 2012
    Options
    That's why I got Demon slipstream as one of my first skills, because of what Olbaze said. Albeit the cooldown is shortened, it was a great spam skill. It's also a very good pvp skill.
  • HellWariorB - Raging Tide
    HellWariorB - Raging Tide Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I like sage Slipstream too the proc is quite nice and for now it's the hardest hitting skill i have (can't wait to learn sage Headhunt - have it in bank).

Anyone in RT have sage Subsea or Power Dash b:sad i am looking for them for some time b:dirty.
  • Azizsixer - Raging Tide
    Azizsixer - Raging Tide Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I like sage Slipstream too the proc is quite nice and for now it's the hardest hitting skill i have (can't wait to learn sage Headhunt - have it in bank).

Anyone in RT have sage Subsea or Power Dash b:sad i am looking for them for some time b:dirty.

Don't do it!!! <.< If anyone in RT has sage SS/dash hit me up b4 him o.o <.< lol jk jk

Curious how you got ur Sage HH though? Don't usually see much sage skill around even in RT other than the usual Rib/bp/knife etc
  • Empu - Sanctuary
    Empu - Sanctuary Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Curious how you got ur Sage HH though? Don't usually see much sage skill around even in RT other than the usual Rib/bp/knife etc

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/28048

Not many ppl still do cube though (at least on Sanctuary), hence why pages are expensive and the skills pretty rare.
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    edited February 2012
    Options
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/28048

Not many ppl still do cube though (at least on Sanctuary), hence why pages are expensive and the skills pretty rare.

Probably goes doubly for newer servers like Archosaur or Raging Tides.
  • CritCat - Archosaur
    CritCat - Archosaur Posts: 608 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Slipstream has absolutely hilarious DPH for being a lowbie skill and having no chi costs.

On another note, Sage Knifethrow + Triple Spark is insane, I've
    managed to oneshot other rank 8 players if it crits in PK.b:laugh

But most sage skills are like that anyways.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Current Sin Build:
    pwcalc.com/b6540a34278d977d
    Current Wizard Build:
    pwcalc.com/068f7e40791a3be6
  • Jesusisback - Raging Tide
    Jesusisback - Raging Tide Posts: 480 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    On another note, Sage Knifethrow + Triple Spark is insane, I've
    managed to oneshot other rank 8 players if it crits in PK.b:laugh

But most sage skills are like that anyways.

If a demon crits with Knifethrow then they hit even harder than us. b:surrender
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited February 2012
    Options
    @Olbaze and Empu Same goes for RT. I did not buy a single cube book because they rarely go on sale, and if they do, people are demanding a good double in price for them. All of my cube-only skill books were made by myself. In the course of it, it evened out. Got at least one of each skill for myself, then about 2-3 extra rifts (no RDS surprisingly), and 2-3 extra Tidal Protections and Subseas.

Zerk crit level 11 knife throw is insane. Unsparked and not Wolf Emblem'd I hit 12k on a half-r9 wiz.
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    edited February 2012
    Options
    @Olbaze and Empu Same goes for RT. I did not buy a single cube book because they rarely go on sale, and if they do, people are demanding a good double in price for them. All of my cube-only skill books were made by myself. In the course of it, it evened out. Got at least one of each skill for myself, then about 2-3 extra rifts (no RDS surprisingly), and 2-3 extra Tidal Protections and Subseas.

Since I'm only missing the really expensive books, Headhunt, Subsea and Shadow Tele, I figure I'll just buy 23 pages and get the remainder 7 from doing cube and make a clip per week. It'll at least make sure I don't spend my spare coins on something silly while I wait for Token prices to drop.
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I've been farming mine daily. CoA during the last 2 weeks was very great for me since it was x2. for some strange reason, my DD was enough (first week was the day expansion came out, so pretty sure everyone else was doing that, so I carried probably at least ~85% of the DD in that room) to win my room on both weeks (Tiger and Tortoise) (second week being ~70% of the DD in the room), resulting in 88 pages being split between 2 people the first week, and 105 pages between 3 people the second week.

So 79 pages from just CoA in two weeks. It.. was quite nice. The feeling that you're doing more than 60% of the whole room's damage is insanely adrenaline pumping. At least for me. Just wish I recorded one of those weeks for a video. But I was not expecting to carry all of that in both weeks.

I also do Tournament from time to time every Thursday with my faction as well, and we split the reward in the end, depending on how many people participate (we track attendance). That adds a good ~6-7 pages of fate per week on average if our faction gets to the final room, which is easy enough if we have enough people participating. So it wasn't hard for me to get all of the books needed from cube due to the superfluous amounts of pages XD
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I've been farming mine daily. CoA during the last 2 weeks was very great for me since it was x2. for some strange reason, my DD was enough (first week was the day expansion came out, so pretty sure everyone else was doing that, so I carried probably at least ~85% of the DD in that room) to win my room on both weeks (Tiger and Tortoise) (second week being ~70% of the DD in the room), resulting in 88 pages being split between 2 people the first week, and 105 pages between 3 people the second week.

So 79 pages from just CoA in two weeks. It.. was quite nice. The feeling that you're doing more than 60% of the whole room's damage is insanely adrenaline pumping. At least for me. Just wish I recorded one of those weeks for a video. But I was not expecting to carry all of that in both weeks.

I also do Tournament from time to time every Thursday with my faction as well, and we split the reward in the end, depending on how many people participate (we track attendance). That adds a good ~6-7 pages of fate per week on average if our faction gets to the final room, which is easy enough if we have enough people participating. So it wasn't hard for me to get all of the books needed from cube due to the superfluous amounts of pages XD

Sadly, pretty much all of the events land on early morning or late night hours for me. And even if they didn't, I doubt my 3.33 aps +6 would be enough to get anything decent, as I wasn't even able to place within top 20 Sins during Celestial Tiger.
  • Jesusisback - Raging Tide
    Jesusisback - Raging Tide Posts: 480 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I love doing the Tournament, but since I recently hit 90+ I can't fight against the OP 89 chars in Puddi. b:cry b:cry b:cry
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Don't do it!!! <.< If anyone in RT has sage SS/dash hit me up b4 him o.o <.< lol jk jk

Was in AH for 7 mill few weeks ago. I got sage tidal for 9 mill way back b:dirty.
  • Azizsixer - Raging Tide
    Azizsixer - Raging Tide Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    No wayyyyy I'm sad i missed out on a cheap tidal :(

I farm cube for pof but end up either selling it or making cleric books for teh wifey x.x

Think i might try to get a nice book :D

I saw sage Focused mind for 20m x.x
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited March 2012
    Options
    You can make Focused Mind from the books you can get from tokens. Don't remember which though.
    edited March 2012
    Options
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/28054

From here.
    And i both another sage focused mind for 3.5 mill 2 months ago and sold if for 9 mill
    Still thinking if i would learn sage Headhunt or sell it