Clerics job that i never heard of!

Options
XLiquidKnife - Sanctuary
XLiquidKnife - Sanctuary Posts: 8 Arc User
edited February 2012 in General Discussion
Ok so i got my friend (lets call him tranny) into this game and he choose to be a cleric b:victory

I was like ''yea right on dude egg!''
So i started to teach him about healing the squad and the things a cleric should and shouldnt do.

After tranny reached level 40 i let him leave his nest and do his own bh 29 without me there.
He told me it went pretty well but one thing that confused him....
A seeker level 90+ that was soloing for them ( let my teachings go to waste) apperently got mad at him because he wasnt ''collecting''. Am i missing something here?

Tranny told me that the seeker was explaining that collecting meant that the cleric had to pick up every single drop that the mobs leave behind and that it is a clerics main job to do so.
And i was like http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxcyvmPiTt1qjtx9ro1_400.png

The seeker got mad at tranny for not knowing and went as far as to threatening him to get kicked if he didnt ''collect''

For real i played for years.... am i missing something?
Post edited by XLiquidKnife - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    There will be morons such as this particular individual in all games, it`s sad if a new player has to come across them. But I hope now your friend knows just to ignore or kick those people from squad. Personally I have never had this in my playing career that someone says it`s my job to pick up drops.
  • X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear
    X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,301 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Personally I have never had this in my playing career that someone says it`s my job to pick up drops.

I did. Those were the days: fishing b:quiet
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Seeker only really needs someone to pick up drops when zhenning, and in most zhen squads it's the puller's job, not the cleric's (can be cleric's if BB is not needed, and he just IHs zhenners as needed, and pullers near max IH range to pull mobs to vortex/BOA/DB quicker without them resetting.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • XLiquidKnife - Sanctuary
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Its just freaking crazy that someone 90+ doesnt know that ''collecting'' isnt an actual thing.
    I think he just cashopped and brought fcc without learning ****
  • Semis_Inferi - Archosaur
    Semis_Inferi - Archosaur Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    yer,that seeker should of just been booted from the squad...iv`e had multiple instances where the battle drone was being arrogant like that....so (usually) to everyone else in the squad`s surprise,i kick the person.....

i always have this odd quality of instantly being able to get new bulldozers in the squad when the current one doesnt know what he is doing......
  • maocchi
    maocchi Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    There's stuff worth "collecting" in bh29 other than Fiend's Ring mold?
    edited February 2012
    Options
    maocchi wrote: »
    There's stuff worth "collecting" in bh29 other than Fiend's Ring mold?

In fact i hate anybody that picks up useless stuff and fills up my inventory with stupid things in general. why would that ever be a main thing for anybody to do?
  • Nahleanna - Sanctuary
    Nahleanna - Sanctuary Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    In fact i hate anybody that picks up useless stuff and fills up my inventory with stupid things in general. why would that ever be a main thing for anybody to do?
    everything can be npc'ed for coin DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
  • John_Smith - Harshlands
    John_Smith - Harshlands Posts: 865 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    everything can be npc'ed for coin DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

+1.

I tend to only pick super valubles when I'm in a quick squad tho. (DQ, armor)
    I've quit excluding TW for my faction. But I still hang around to help out those who still enjoy the game under PWEs horrific handling and to have fun in the forums. b:cute
    #Shame about PWEs absolutely craptastic handling of the goons glitching. Remember kids, there's no punishment for breaking the rules here!#
    If you make a valid complaint, your thread will disapear. Don't post it here, post it on other sites where PW can't hide it.
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    Saethos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Ok so i got my friend (lets call him tranny) into this game and he choose to be a cleric b:victory

So i started to teach him about healing the squad and the things a cleric should and shouldnt do.

After tranny reached level 40 i let him leave his nest and do his own bh 29 without me there.
    A seeker level 90+ that was soloing for them ( let my teachings go to waste) apperently got mad at him because he wasnt ''collecting''. Am i missing something here?

Tranny told me that the seeker was explaining that collecting meant that the cleric had to pick up every single drop that the mobs leave behind and that it is a clerics main job to do so.

The seeker got mad at tranny for not knowing and went as far as to threatening him to get kicked if he didnt ''collect''

Seeker needs to uninstall.
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
  • Nahleanna - Sanctuary
    edited February 2012
    Options
    don't forget the potions
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options

If the seeker was 90, he most likely didn't need heals.

For as much as I see people whine about how expensive gold/everything is, they sure do leave tons of money laying on the ground.

I don't get it. b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nahleanna - Sanctuary
    edited February 2012
    Options
    If the seeker was 90, he most likely didn't need heals.

For as much as I see people whine about how expensive gold/everything is, they sure do leave tons of money laying on the ground.

I don't get it. b:sad
    agree my barb can my cleric can solo bh 29 and i try to pick up every thing all the drops sale for coin and the coins add up
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I know that people sell the **** they get from mobs but do i need to have a reason to hate having my inventory spammed? no
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    So drop the junk you don't want, more for the people that want it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • McKay - Lost City
    McKay - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I think that if he was soloing it for other people and wanted the drops for cash/any other reason good for him. He didn't need a cleric for BH29. However giving it a title is ***. All the coins really add up, I never spend money for in game cash and I have enough for everything I need just because I pick up EVERYTHING. If you don't want the items, drop them.
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    The seeker doesn't know what he's talking about.

My main job is not to pick up drops. You want them that badly, you'll pick them up yourself.

Thankfully, I've never been told that my main job is to be a drop picker up. (I'm a cleric...not a broom and dust pan. Lol.) If I lag behind to pick up drops, and do not heal, I am considered fail, so that seeker needs to really think about what he's saying.

I'd love to run across him personally, and have him tell me that. I'll put him in his plate, and issue him his job.
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011"

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
  • bowgataboppa
    bowgataboppa Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    With PWs insistence on motivating new players to power-level and cash shop their way to OP ness, random pick up squads are almost guaranteed to have at least one bona-fide doofus.

Maybe in his warped view that is what clerics do, but then he is a doofus.

In TT squads one squad person is usually designated the 'bank' to collect TT loot and disperse it at the end. The squad has to discuss and decide who does that at the beginning of the run.b:pleased
  • Cexylady - Lost City
    Cexylady - Lost City Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    The seeker doesn't know what he's talking about.

My main job is not to pick up drops. You want them that badly, you'll pick them up yourself.

Thankfully, I've never been told that my main job is to be a drop picker up. (I'm a cleric...not a broom and dust pan. Lol.) If I lag behind to pick up drops, and do not heal, I am considered fail, so that seeker needs to really think about what he's saying.

I'd love to run across him personally, and have him tell me that. I'll put him in his plate, and issue him his job.

+ 1 to that

the amount of times people pm me on my ep for buffs. usually im very nice and just buff them, but once they became rude and expected it all the time, i wrote an auto response message that says this

"if you want buffs, go find another ep that will buff you, now leave me alone and f**k off"
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I'm a cleric...not a broom and dust pan.

b:laughb:laughb:laugh

That seeker was an idiot. lol
    Clerics already got a hard enough time to keep up with the rushing DDs, no time to pick up drops. Would be way more logical for a melee to do it anyway, since they're the one being in the face of mobs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Baby_pho - Heavens Tear
    Baby_pho - Heavens Tear Posts: 636 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    whoever wants the drops they are the "colector" rofl. =.= if you want the drops pick it up urself >.>'

tho in TT if you are the "banker" you pick up everythig and "bank" it. anyone can be banker tho.
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    You're on Sanc...is "tranny" on sanc too? b:sweat Any chance you can clue into who this seeker is so I can promptly avoid his obnoxious stupidity? Or run with him in fcc and spend all my time picking up drops so he dies so I can refer to this thread in WC?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • Nenor - Dreamweaver
    Nenor - Dreamweaver Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options

Super easy fix for this next time it happens. Put the squad on free mode so whoever picks it up gets the drop. b:chuckle
  • Nymphali - Dreamweaver
    Nymphali - Dreamweaver Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Sweet.

Lets kick our only healer and have a pain in the **** to get another, just cuz he doesn't pick the drops up b:laugh

Edit: Now, think of a cleric dropping BB to pick up drops on SP delta, then squad dying LOL!
  • Taiako - Dreamweaver
    Taiako - Dreamweaver Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I always called it "scavenging", because you're picking up the loot from all the corpses that you or your squad members leave.

And I always do it even when not playing a Cleric. :/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RageKill - Lost City
    RageKill - Lost City Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    i pick up EVERYTHING. And if people dont like it they can drop it and i can just pick up what they got :) If i cant sell it i npc it . Everything adds up in the end. And since i wont cash shop anymore it helps out a lot. Even if i only get enough for repairs after run its a /win for me.

But really... A cleric being the person to pick stuff up? Lol. 'Doctor will you go clean my house?'
  • TCHP - Lost City
    TCHP - Lost City Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    oO wow, I solo FB29 here and there and I get like 5 or 6 item MAX that are worth picking.

WTH this 90+ seeker think he can get more drop...

Be kind for me, and mail him a finger up from me.

He can pick his own tail and go eat it in his own corner.

what a moron.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PlayfulSoul - Heavens Tear
    PlayfulSoul - Heavens Tear Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I guess it is lucky I wasn't there and having one of my bad days, I tend to take it all out on less gifted people.

If the seeker asked politely, and I realised there was no need for a cleric, I would be happy to pick it all of course. But there were probably other characters in that squad, who might need some heals and assistance even if the seeker didn't.

I never got the impression it is a clerics job to pick up the loot. I pick when I see I have time to do so, otherwise I sigh (always in desperate need of money) and run past everything, keeping squad healthy is my first priority.
  • Licancura - Archosaur
    Licancura - Archosaur Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I know that people sell the **** they get from mobs but do i need to have a reason to hate having my inventory spammed? no

For people like me that are poor, even the smallest drops will be coins. I always ask for people on squad to pick drops and trade with me what they don't want.

I usually block, and don't squad again with those that keeps running while even dark stamps are on the ground. b:angry

So many people don't pick drops, and it's the main reason why I refuse squad, or avoid bhs, unless for my faction.
  • BungaSakura - Raging Tide
    BungaSakura - Raging Tide Posts: 902 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    For people like me that are poor, even the smallest drops will be coins. I always ask for people on squad to pick drops and trade with me what they don't want.

I usually block, and don't squad again with those that keeps running while even dark stamps are on the ground. b:angry

So many people don't pick drops, and it's the main reason why I refuse squad, or avoid bhs, unless for my faction.

well, i love DQ item but only DQ 91 imao. but if ppl run not picking i just ask politely: can someone pick up DQ pls. i love it. and they usually do it. but its not like u must do it imao