Are you a collector?

Options
Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
edited February 2012 in General Discussion
I'm a pack rat, yes, but I occasionally clean out my... trash. Sometimes, it is fortuitous for me, other times, not so much.

I bought a bunch of Tome Pages for 20k years ago, stuffed them in my bank, and promptly forgot about them. Now, they are worth a lot more than 20k, and I have... A few of them... b:chuckle

For a good year and a half, my Veno's bank was FULL of gear. Level 30-70 3 star stuff armor and weapons, ornaments, TT 60 and TT70 weapons and armor.

But... That doesn't quite spell it out.

I collected every legendary weapon from level 22-77... Before I leveled my Archer past level 22. And I had to make them all (well, Windcatcher isn't, nor was my TT60 crossbow) two sockets, mildly refined, best shards I could put in 'em...

And then I leveled my Archer up (on quests, mind you) over a weekend to 65... And kept all of the weapons.

My BM has constantly run around with an inventory full of sharp, pointy, death. At one point, I had each TT weapon AND each legendary weapon, plus a bow. Which... I sold everything but the swords and axes, and now my Barb used the axes up, so I sold those as well.

Anyone else spend countless hours in the AH looking for rare stuff at a good price? Or just rare stuff?

Heh, I buy the stuff to use it, at least once, though. I think my Archer is kind of the odd one, but... I get kind of attached to weapons. The ones that have nice procs or good stats, I kind of get sad when I have to switch them out, even if the new one is better. Sometimes I've bought something, it was awful, and I donated it to faction for someone who has something... really bad to upgrade into it.

And yes, I have 4 characters with expanded banks and 2 with full cupboards. b:quiet
101 Sage Sin*/Archer
100 Demon BM*/Barb
96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
95 Demon Wiz/
94 Sage Veno
85 Psy/80 Mystic
And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
*Pre RB level
Post edited by Sarrafeline - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Vixter - Harshlands
    Vixter - Harshlands Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    i dont go out buying stuff i dont need, but i do have about 5 storage characters with inventories filled with herbs, TT mats, mats from digging/mobs, misc stuff like p.stones, socket stones, shards, etc.

then whenever i feel like i have enough to sell, i try to sell it all at once.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vixter (101 Heavy Veno) ~ TT farmer
    Peachie (102 Mystic) ~ Main character
  • Burgenstein - Harshlands
    Burgenstein - Harshlands Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    yes I love to collect things, on my sin I am aiming to have every rare set of daggers the server has to offer, with the exception of warsoul. Collecting rare and maybe not so valuable objects seems one of the few truly fun things to do on pwi now a days...
    Burg is the word
  • _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver
    _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 753 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Im not a collector
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I Miss the old days of PWIb:surrender
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Getting rid of all items that I can do without, hate hoarding junk. b:chuckle
  • ReMakaBo - Archosaur
    ReMakaBo - Archosaur Posts: 845 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    No, it drives me crazy to squad with people that loot absolutely EVERYTHING- and I end up with bags full of ****-

I usually comfortable with as many open slots as possble
    re
  • MyraKai - Heavens Tear
    MyraKai - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Personally I love to collect "Books" the items that tell you some of PW's history in wars/events/etc.. that you can read over and over again as much as you please. I have a ridiculous goal to collect all of the in-game PW literature. :x
  • Paolo_Silver - Sanctuary
    Paolo_Silver - Sanctuary Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I actually am a collector.
    I have a lot of things I don't use and its taking up too much space. The bad thing is I don't NEED it but I can use it. Its just that I don't b:surrender
  • Adorable - Harshlands
    Adorable - Harshlands Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    No, it drives me crazy to squad with people that loot absolutely EVERYTHING- and I end up with bags full of ****-

Ever heard of the "Free distribution" option when creating a squad?
    Since 2008
  • lordhanzo
    lordhanzo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Yes I am, a bad one :( I never want to sold anything to other people no matter how common it is.. like Perfect Stone for example.. I'd rather have them sits idle in my bank alts rotten, stinks, molten and expired there.

The only things I dont mind selling is.. stuffs that no one wants to buy, even a greedy beggar wouldnt want to accept it even if it's free. Only NPC wants to accept it o__o

I don't mind borrowing "my treasure" to friends tho.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I'm on Heavens Tear!
  • p1234p
    p1234p Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Hello! I have a prob than another version appeared in this game I'm invisible and the chain players and monsters in this game but what I do I can see again?
  • ReMakaBo - Archosaur
    ReMakaBo - Archosaur Posts: 845 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Ever heard of the "Free distribution" option when creating a squad?

Ever hear of "joining" a squad?
    re
  • Descendus - Lost City
    Descendus - Lost City Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I remember stashing my MTF's from my Culti GV/RB Runs, prices of these were still recovering from the GV Harpy Glitch era, eventually I spotted someone asking to buy an *** Load of MTF's, which prompted the cogs in my mind to start turning again and remembered I had about 64 of them, they were willing to pay 100k per fragment and that was the easiest 6.4 mill of my life :P b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Need better/up-to-date sig)

Remember my name. For it's the one you will fear in your waking nightmares...
  • Pyrostormz - Raging Tide
    Pyrostormz - Raging Tide Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    i am constantly juggling things on my main with a fully expanded inventory and bank, but i refuse to ship things off to alts.... thats the point of no return, when you become the crazy lady in the neighborhood with to many cats and every newspaper dating back to 1957
    ┌─┐
    ┴─┴
    ಠ_ರೃ
  • BerserkBeast - Sanctuary
    BerserkBeast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    My LA Banker as almost 50k of every arrow/shot/bolt existing,all of em regularly farmed.

I also have a banker that collects misc junk/quest items.
    The only way to beat a troll is....to troll him back b:angry
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options

Well, I hate squadding with people who just leave stuff lying around. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Hurrdurr - Lothranis
    Hurrdurr - Lothranis Posts: 1,468 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I NPC most items worth 50k or less. If they're worth more I just stick it in the AH.
  • Nahleanna - Sanctuary
    Nahleanna - Sanctuary Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    200% PACKRAT here i have verry few slots in my inventory and my banks are cramed full you never know what you will need
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Well, I hate squadding with people who just leave stuff lying around. b:surrender

^This.

I don't understand people who pass up money. The drops are all worth something, even if just to an NPC.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SoulRequiem - Sanctuary
    SoulRequiem - Sanctuary Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    ^This.

I don't understand people who pass up money. The drops are all worth something, even if just to an NPC.

*agree*

Im one of the those people that picks everything b:pleased
    WTB>More Fash
    Currently Want-to-buy list>>(W=White;B=Black;A=Any color)
    ((W. Steampunk Top \\ W. Aegan Dress \\ W. Road Warrior Vest and Shorts \\ W. Cougar Top \\ W. Barfighter Top \\B. Chipao \\ Trading B. Shinobi Set to White \\ B. Bowknot Top \\ W. Porcelian Dress \\ B. Leopard Boots \\W. Corsair Dress \\ B. Debutante Dress \\ W. Sunshine Blouse \\ W. Tiger Lily Dress \\ W. Stardust Dress \\ \\ Red Bikini Bottom \\ W. Crown Princess Dress))
  • Hot_Vengence - Lost City
    Hot_Vengence - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options

Same here. I am one that picks everything up cuz i see it as MONEY...
  • Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide
    Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide Posts: 934 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options

^This. I don't care how much money I've got, or how little the drops might add up to. I pick everything up.

Even archer ammo. When I have a fair supply I'll set up a catshop selling archer ammo at 1 coin each, same as NPC price. Why? Because if i was an archer, I'd be appreciative of such a gesture.
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Yeah. I'm a bit of a collector. I have several things that I don't need now, on the off chance that I'll need it later. This is with a fully expanded inventory, and nearly fully expanded bank, as well a wardrobe stone. I get full pretty easily still...
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011"

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I collect weapons, that I can use. I actually want the PvE sword from Luminance, because it probably looks awesome, like the sword you get from the yellow morai quests.

Yup, only doing it for looks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I'm a collector.

At one point I had about 80 long arms and 20 handguns. At one point I had about 30 USA Jackson guitars. I used to collect vintage Ouija boards, but sold off the most expensive ones when I was broke. I have about 550 CDs, about 350 DVDs and probably 100 BluRays.

I don't collect pixels in-game though. b:pleased
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Baby_pho - Heavens Tear
    Baby_pho - Heavens Tear Posts: 636 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I am a collector. i collect fash =.=' tho its more of an addiction. i got several chars with just fash.

that being said, i do have a char to keep my tt80/90 armor/weap. just in case i want to make new alts and lvl them to 100.

also have a char for tt mats just in case anyone in my faction need them or friends consist of both greens and golds x.x'

a merchant char, with mounts, pages, cube stuffs, acess gears that i dont use or wont ever again, just merchant stuffs on that char.