Secret Passage Rule Change...

Options
Descendus - Lost City
Descendus - Lost City Posts: 338 Arc User
edited February 2012 in General Discussion
Secret Passage Rule Change (Updated 2-24-2012)

Hey everyone,

Due to the bug that has transformed SP into an absolute free-for-all, we are prohibiting all PVP inside this dungeon. This goes for all servers, for players of all levels.

Our developers are aware of the issue, and we are hoping to have the bug fixed within 6-8 weeks.

Thank you for your cooperation and understanding in the matter.

Inb4 no one cares and does it anyway.... b:bye

OP: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/announcement.php?f=4
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(Need better/up-to-date sig)

Remember my name. For it's the one you will fear in your waking nightmares...
Post edited by Descendus - Lost City on

Comments

• _Perses_ - Lost City
    _Perses_ - Lost City Posts: 1,917 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    lol, i've already stated my opinion on this:

I DON'T GIVE A ****. Them little blue names go in there and walk outside SZ, well it's not my ****ing fault if they get caught in an AoE and die.
    Nothing worthwhile to mention here, enjoy the animated signature~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    The announcement you linked to is visible from every forum and sub-forum on this board.

Maybe you should start a thread so everyone knows that this is the forum for Perfect World.

b:bye
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide
    Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide Posts: 934 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    The announcement you linked to is visible from every forum and sub-forum on this board.

Maybe you should start a thread so everyone knows that this is the forum for Perfect World.

b:bye

I lol'd
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    Jadsia - Lost City Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Something might happen if yet another 13 threads about this pop up.
    I **** bigger than you...

Shut up and play the game.....Damn
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options

I DON'T GIVE A ****. Them little blue names go in there and walk outside SZ, well it's not my ****ing fault if they get caught in an AoE and die.

What are you even doing AOEing in there if PVP is forbidden? Surely you aren't catching up on quests. b:shutupb:cuteb:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Frankie sorry, BUT nobody takes you seriously anymore.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    _Perses_ - Lost City Posts: 1,917 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    What are you even doing AOEing in there if PVP is forbidden? Surely you aren't catching up on quests. b:shutupb:cuteb:chuckle

Why of course i'm leveling up my alts b:cute
    Nothing worthwhile to mention here, enjoy the animated signature~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Paytah - Lost City
    Paytah - Lost City Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Frankie sorry, BUT nobody takes you seriously anymore.

this. for the love of god make up your mind. it was allowed but frowned upon, then made bannable, then allowed, then bannable, then made into a free for all and now prohibited again. -.- im not amused
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    The GRAND LAUGH about Frankies Post, is that sadly the PW DEVs back in China are stating its gonna take another (6-8 weeks) for them to fix what they already new how to fix! once already????b:chuckle

Didn't they learn from the last time, that they were sitting on their BuTtS! 4 so Longggggggg!! And did nothing about it...

They Lost Themselves ALOT! Of (Players & Income) aswell as (Popularity!) In the Worlds (MMO~Gaming Masses) last time......

And now they say its gonna take up t0,o? another (2-MoNtHs) to,0! FiX the same EXACT! F'InG Program LINEs!! That They Knew were Bad!? from the Last Time?! and AlSo FIXED!! The last time??????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!b:shocked

!! SERIOUSLY !! DUDEz! b:laugh !!!! LEARN TO {COPY & PASTE} ALREADY !!!!

Its Easy, 3rd GraDeRZzzzzz!! Do it ALL THE TIME!!!?!???...........b:faint

PS: "I hope they've got enough GMs, to_o Cover SP until Then!?"

"Because Speaking Frankly! Frankie..... I so feel Sorry for you guys, if your Going to Have too hANg Around in There All the Time....."b:surrender
  • Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide
    Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide Posts: 934 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    See, everyone is missing the bigger picture here. If we have to wait 6-8 weeks for it to be fixed, and it requires a content patch (their words), we can expect the next part of the Descent (rest of Endless Universe etc) in 6-8 weeks. See?

SEE?!?!

Known Issues
    Players level 1-29 can, once again, be PKed in Secret Passage. This is fixed internally, but will require a content patch in order to fix on Live. Please be patient. orz
  • StarryOpal - Raging Tide
    StarryOpal - Raging Tide Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Well the people in there better be careful. I know some lower levels have gotten fed up. They are purposely going in now to be PKed just to take screen shots of it and submit so the people will be banned. One person has over 30 screen shots/names on several alts and all have been submitted. I foresee massive banning. Personally I think it's pathetic that people pk in there at all. The only people that need quests in there are players level 40 and under. Wow real hard to pk a low character like that when you are 90+. My level 44 cleric got pk in there, but for some reason they did not touch the level 101 sin I had with me. Wonder why? Could it be they suck at pk? Most likely.
  • MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Well the people in there better be careful. I know some lower levels have gotten fed up. They are purposely going in now to be PKed just to take screen shots of it and submit so the people will be banned. One person has over 30 screen shots/names on several alts and all have been submitted. I foresee massive banning. Personally I think it's pathetic that people pk in there at all. The only people that need quests in there are players level 40 and under. Wow real hard to pk a low character like that when you are 90+. My level 44 cleric got pk in there, but for some reason they did not touch the level 101 sin I had with me. Wonder why? Could it be they suck at pk? Most likely.

It's possible the sin was well known with the people currently there. Normally, from what I've seen on Sanctuary, as long as you let yourself be known that you're doing quests or something, you're left alone.
  • Nahleanna - Sanctuary
    Nahleanna - Sanctuary Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Just Fix It Allready
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I foresee massive banning.

I forsee another "It was our fault for taking so long to fix it, so we won't be punishing people."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    See, everyone is missing the bigger picture here. If we have to wait 6-8 weeks for it to be fixed, and it requires a content patch (their words), we can expect the next part of the Descent (rest of Endless Universe etc) in 6-8 weeks. See?

SEE?!?!

You might be onto something there.
    (I also wonder if they'll be breaking anything with said update as well b:laugh)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Semis_Inferi - Archosaur
    Semis_Inferi - Archosaur Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    ahhh yes...i estimate they will glitch some of the glitches.....like on this one rather hilarious fc run i was on....we did the time honored thing of glitching the ice bubble boss...and then the boss would turn around,,,attack one of us once,then go back to being glitched,rinse and repeat....and this only happened since update to my knowledge
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I don't think people on Sanc actually give a damn lol Just went through to get frost for my alt, good deal of 7 or 8 pkers there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • KizuKunaii - Harshlands
    KizuKunaii - Harshlands Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options

Have fun getting banned several times then. b:bye
  • Zenzoa - Sanctuary
    Zenzoa - Sanctuary Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    GM's don't exist.. so no one gets banned.
    Happy pk'ing in sp everybody b:victory
  • _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary
    _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Anyone down for pk fest in sp?
    Facebook.com/foxi187
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    Jadsia - Lost City Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I forsee another "It was our fault for taking so long to fix it, so we won't be punishing people."

Save your sanity. Just ragequit and be done with it.
    I **** bigger than you...

Shut up and play the game.....Damn
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options

This. Lol. I'm against pk in SP. When I saw the announcent on the forums, and in game, I honestly laughed at it, as I felt that nothing would be done.
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011"

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
  • ThunderFleas - Archosaur
    ThunderFleas - Archosaur Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I've already had to submit a few screenshots on this issue, as well as report a few people. However, I'm not completely heartless, I can usually tell if it's on accident or on purpose. From my own experience, if I'm running in and somebody casts an AoE that happens to graze/kill me because I'm a bit lower level, I let it slide and chalk it up to, "wrong place, wrong time"; however, the few I've had to report were PvP/PK crazy, to the point where even if you mounted onto a flyer, flew by at ceiling level, and got almost to the entrance to "Hall of Deception" (or whichever dungeon it is, been running so many quests I can barely keep track anymore) they'd hunt you down, chase after you, and make SURE to kill you. Even screenshotted them being silly enough to actually guard the entry area and announce that they were taking out anybody that dared to try and enter. Then there was another time, where my fiance and I were meditating/healing up to take on a mob, and next thing we know, some sin hits us from behind twice each and next thing we know we're respawning at Orchid Temple.

b:scorn b:beatup

Honest truth be told, if I could just avoid that whole madhouse of mess I would, but there are quests that take lowbie 40s through there, and it seems ridiculous that people want to turn it into a "fancy free-for-all arena"... I mean seriously, the whole of Perfect World where they could PvP and/or use for an arena, and they have to do it where there's no way of keeping yourself out of PvP (obviously to exploit the bug/glitch).

b:avoid

Can't wait until this is fixed... I mean, I have no problem with people PvPing and dueling, I sometimes spectate outside Arch as people duel... just allow the same rules to carry into the Secret Passage as they do everywhere else... if you're not in PK-mode, no PvPing and no PvP damage, while those who want to duel still can without effecting everybody around them. Not that hard to figure out I'd think.

b:puzzled b:cool

PS - Please ignore the avatar picture, not sure why it still lists me as level 8 when I'm now level 46; I suppose if I wasn't this post might be borderline trolling, lol! :P~ (Up at the top of the page my avatar picture shows the accurate level, not sure why it's not updating here...)