The Expansion...Really?

Options
VeilMagister - Heavens Tear
VeilMagister - Heavens Tear Posts: 10 Arc User
edited February 2012 in General Discussion
Surely I am not the only one disappointed by the expansion. I stopped playing this game months ago because progress with leveling was painfully slow and boring. No matter the quest nor instance, it was a pain to make any progress. Quests that require you to kill 80 plus number of mobs, bh's that give you about 2 to 5% after turning in at least 3 (not to mention the risk of dying and losing xp), and then there's FF...sighb:sad. Maybe I should just stop complaining and quit the game altogether but my God I got excited when I checked on my friends on this game and saw an expansion was on the horizon...

Of course once the expansion arrived it was an intensely large file that downloaded painfully slow unless you got the manual patches (which I didnt see until after the update was nearly finished). All this effort for content I cant even see b:surrender. I realized you had to be lvl 95 to have access to the new area, skills, gear, etc. Ten levels from the level cap? Why bother? Why not just make it for 100 or 105? Some number that's not practical for people who dont have money to spend on this game for refines and gear, or time to go grinding or go to FF. Maybe if I had a sin friend who could solo all instance in ten minutes but I dont have that, and also its kinda boring. To achieve anything in this game it seems you need to be either considerably wealthy, or dedicated, or have lots of time and patience, or make some nice friends. Wow, kinda sounds like RL too

Seeing the expansion there but inaccessible is an eyesore. I have a beautiful new song to hear and background to see as I load my toon, and then the same old same old. Ive talked to some people about the expansion and they say, "hey its a good motivator to get to 95." I wish that were true but the game hasn't made it any easier to get to 95 -.- and not only that my main which is a psy, seems to have some pretty useless skills from the different factions in the new realm. SO motivation = ZERO, I really wish this was geared toward slightly lower level cap so that itd be practical to increasing the enjoyment of the game. Seems like you only rewarded the power levelers and cash shoppers for their "hard work." No offence to any of you who have made 95 the "hard" way. This is not the change I expected PWI
Post edited by VeilMagister - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• _MonoxidE_ - Sanctuary
    _MonoxidE_ - Sanctuary Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    People now days make it to 95 pretty quick with hyper FCC.
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Why not just make it for 100 or 105? Some number that's not practical for people who dont have money to spend on this game for refines and gear, or time to go grinding or go to FF.

If this was the era before Hypers+FF I would agree with you. However, with BH, CoF, and a few FFs a day (among other dalies), its not hard to level at all.
    To achieve anything in this game it seems you need to be either considerably wealthy, or dedicated, or have lots of time and patience, or make some nice friends.

Thats correct. Certainly you've got at least one or more of the above?
    I wish that were true but the game hasn't made it any easier to get to 95 -.- and not only that my main which is a psy, seems to have some pretty useless skills from the different factions in the new realm.

Its already easy enough as is to reach 95...

Psychics didnt get a lot of game-changing skills like the others, but their skills are useful nonetheless (instant-heal Ironguard? the ability to protect others by absorbing their damage?)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Regenbogen - Lost City
    Regenbogen - Lost City Posts: 1,559 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    People now days make it to 95 pretty quick with hyper FCC.

i'd like more exp quests...run errands, kill few mobs, kill a boss something like that...still i get 1% per day even at lv100!
    i am waiting for you my little flagcarriers b:kiss
  • _MonoxidE_ - Sanctuary
    edited February 2012
    Options
    even without it its pretty easy...b:shutup

but i'd like more exp quests...run errands, kill few mobs, kill a boss something like that...

True.
  • Asthariel - Dreamweaver
    Asthariel - Dreamweaver Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    QQmoar...
    This expansion is the best one. Ever. Ijs. And I've been here for 3 years... I guess it's a matter of personal taste, but I can't see how anyone can find this expansion lame. Unless you're a R9+12 hardcore CSer who only plays for PvP <.< Even if you're this kind of person, there's still the new skills to get. Oh, wait, you don't need skills with R9+12...
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Surely I am not the only one disappointed by the expansion. I stopped playing this game months ago because progress with leveling was painfully slow and boring. No matter the quest nor instance, it was a pain to make any progress. Quests that require you to kill 80 plus number of mobs, bh's that give you about 2 to 5% after turning in at least 3 (not to mention the risk of dying and losing xp), and then there's FF...sighb:sad. Maybe I should just stop complaining and quit the game altogether but my God I got excited when I checked on my friends on this game and saw an expansion was on the horizon...

Of course once the expansion arrived it was an intensely large file that downloaded painfully slow unless you got the manual patches (which I didnt see until after the update was nearly finished). All this effort for content I cant even see b:surrender. I realized you had to be lvl 95 to have access to the new area, skills, gear, etc. Ten levels from the level cap? Why bother? Why not just make it for 100 or 105? Some number that's not practical for people who dont have money to spend on this game for refines and gear, or time to go grinding or go to FF. Maybe if I had a sin friend who could solo all instance in ten minutes but I dont have that, and also its kinda boring. To achieve anything in this game it seems you need to be either considerably wealthy, or dedicated, or have lots of time and patience, or make some nice friends. Wow, kinda sounds like RL too

Seeing the expansion there but inaccessible is an eyesore. I have a beautiful new song to hear and background to see as I load my toon, and then the same old same old. Ive talked to some people about the expansion and they say, "hey its a good motivator to get to 95." I wish that were true but the game hasn't made it any easier to get to 95 -.- and not only that my main which is a psy, seems to have some pretty useless skills from the different factions in the new realm. SO motivation = ZERO, I really wish this was geared toward slightly lower level cap so that itd be practical to increasing the enjoyment of the game. Seems like you only rewarded the power levelers and cash shoppers for their "hard work." No offence to any of you who have made 95 the "hard" way. This is not the change I expected PWI

Jeezus. Slow leveling? You should play 3 year ago. You would see what is slow leveling. No Bhs, No hypers, no FCC as you know it today. Just never endless grinding to level.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _MonoxidE_ - Sanctuary
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I much rather do the quests and just enjoy the game. I had all my normal skills maxed out before I even reached 89 culti. Ive finished all my quests and Ive reached 95. This expansion imo is awesome and now I have more to do and explore.

Wish they would fix avatars. Im not 87 anymore lol
  • VeilMagister - Heavens Tear
    VeilMagister - Heavens Tear Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I suppose im just bored with this game because its not suitable for me personally. You all can do those Hyper FCC and all that junk Im an old school gamer and maybe its just not my taste. Not to mention that I am quite busy with daily life and when I play a game I would like to be able to advance in some way quite rapidly. Reminds me of the "curse of duty." COD has always been a game people can get into because you get in so fast and you just start getting new stuff every moment it seems. Hard to quit that for anything that takes more than 10 minutes to have some fun. Well i guess ill just quit Pwi
  • _MonoxidE_ - Sanctuary
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I suppose im just bored with this game because its not suitable for me personally. You all can do those Hyper FCC and all that junk Im an old school gamer and maybe its just not my taste. Not to mention that I am quite busy with daily life and when I play a game I would like to be able to advance in some way quite rapidly. Reminds me of the "curse of duty." COD has always been a game people can get into because you get in so fast and you just start getting new stuff every moment it seems. Hard to quit that for anything that takes more than 10 minutes to have some fun. Well i guess ill just quit Pwi

PWI is my first mmorpg because I never had time to devote to a game before and always stuck with fps games. Ive played pwi for 3yrs now
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I suppose im just bored with this game because its not suitable for me personally.

If that's the case, quitting is your best option.

I say that with zero sarcasm. If it's not suited for you and you aren't enjoying it, there's no point in continuing to play it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Well i guess ill just quit Pwi

b:victory me too .... b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    This thread made me chuckle.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • BerserkBeast - Sanctuary
    BerserkBeast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Normal people when they don't like a game simply don't play it(Or stopped playing if they were).

PWI players seems to have the urge to QQ in the forums,I wonder what's the point....
    The only way to beat a troll is....to troll him back b:angry
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Normal people when they don't like a game simply don't play it(Or stopped playing if they were).

PWI players seems to have the urge to QQ in the forums,I wonder what's the point....

As if the first 84 levels didn't register and once they got to level 85 and heard a "DING! I don't think this game is quite for me?!?!?!!". Amazing.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • MyuMyu - Harshlands
    MyuMyu - Harshlands Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Im an old school gamer

You have your words backward. Old school gamer loves grinding, they love having to spend lots of time to be able to achieved something.
    You want everything instant, you're a 2012 gamer. ijs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pressa - Heavens Tear
    Pressa - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    There is a reason that they added it for end game people, its because there was a lack of quests to do end game and now its buffeted by the new influx of quests.

The skills were to change up and balance the older classes

The last few updates have focused on lower levels its time that they did a update for end game. This is not to say this update discluded lower levels either they added several lower level quests and a few new things to do. However you must realize that there is already a lot to do at any point before 90, if you are having issues finding things to do then you need to look harder.

You say you don't like BHs but they only take an hour to set up and run if you don't have an hour to devote to this game your probably playing the wrong game. You don't just pick up a mmo for 20 mins you won't get anything done......... CoD matches take 15 mins but you typically spend well over an hour playing them. Whats the difference?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mr_Punkster - Dreamweaver
    Mr_Punkster - Dreamweaver Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options

tldr QQ some more

get to 95 and see for yourself

btw skills aren't the only thing you can get from the orders
    lvl101 Legit archer...not 1 hyper used or multi-FC
  • _RockHard_ - Lost City
    _RockHard_ - Lost City Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    b:laughhow's about we just have them roll servers back to where theres no bh and frost was a gear farming instance then you can see how slow lvling used to be when ppl actually did WQ and cstone still.
  • Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide
    Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide Posts: 934 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Im an old school gamer

when I play a game I would like to be able to advance in some way quite rapidly.
    Hard to quit that for anything that takes more than 10 minutes to have some fun.

These statements are contradictory. Please do some of us real old school gamers a favor, and stop addressing yourself as such.

Well i guess ill just quit Pwi

b:bye
  • suckass
    suckass Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    pretty much taking a break, an indefinite break, and playing kingdom of amalure which is totally awesome...wish mmo was kinda like that game. anyways, i'm just waiting for G W 2 and playing other games between now and then like madden 12. then waiting for ncaa 13 and madden 13 ftw.

though i come back here and make my 2nd, 3rd post?

what was this thread about again?
  • Lyritha - Heavens Tear
    Lyritha - Heavens Tear Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I will save you the trouble of leveling to 95 to see the new expansion junk.... you will be 100% disappointed! When you get there sure there is a new area to explore but it is short lived as the quest line can be completed in a few hours. After that you are basically going to have goals that are months away (yet again)

after you get from that 95 section and finally level to 100 it will be a "I want *insert gear here*" then you will proceed to farm TT and Nirvana 1 billion times because they neglected to add anything new to farm in the game.

After you've farmed nirvana 1 billion times got your nirvana gear then you're going to want rank 9

proceed to farm Nirvana 1 billion more times and then you will finally get rank 9... by then you can either finally enjoy the game for the PVP or you will be bored out of your mind and wondering why you wasted so much time on the game.