Invincibility glitch found!

unabletoconnect
unabletoconnect Posts: 0 Arc User
edited February 2012 in Support Desk
Here is my system specs and tracert: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1305441

Now for it to work, you have to do exactly as I say. First of all, **** all the GM's. All they do is hang out in the general discussions section and they don't help ANYBODY with technichal issues.

I have been trying to connect to this ****ing game for 2 weeks and I always get the "unable to connect to server" error. Firewalls are disabled, all ports are open, computer specs are fine, no connection problems for other online games AND I AM NOT FROM ASIA SO STOP GIVING ME THAT BLOCKED COUNTRIES LIST!

EITHER HELP PEOPLE WHO CAN'T CONNECT AFTER THE LAST PATCH (AND THERE ARE MANY) OR UNINSTALL THE GAME AND STOP CALLING YOURSELF A GAME MODERATOR BECAUSE YOU ARE NOT WORTHY OF THAT TITLE.
Post edited by unabletoconnect on

Comments

• SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited February 2012
    1. Set the client to run as administrator.

2. Add the Client directory, (usually C:/Perfect World Entertainment"), to your exceptions list for Avast. It will detect and "clean" a macro within the client that will prevent the client from getting information from the server databases. (add it both to the active scan, and to the scheduled scan exception lists)

3. Verify files. (sometimes you must do this a few times because the Patcher's code sucks.)

4. Reboot your PC. (I recommend a complete shut down, removing power, holding the bower button for a minute, and then starting it up again. (Be sure to wait until it is COMPLETELY booted up. (Just because you can see your desktop doesn't mean it's done.)))

5. Give it a shot again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • unabletoconnect
    edited February 2012
    No good. Here is the problem I've identified through the resource monitor:

While trying to log in, my computer tries to establish a connection to 69.174.40.88:29000 but no data is sent or received. Something is blocking this connection but I have all ports open on my router. I tried calling my ISP but they said "we're detecting an error in your area and can't help until it's fixed" and I don't want to call them again coz they never help it's so annoying. Could it be anything other than my ISP? Calling them is my last preferred option right now.
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited February 2012
    If no data is sent or received, something on your system is blocking it from leaving your PC. In most cases, that would be Avast based on what you've told me so far, which is why I posted what I did.

If you did that, and it's still not getting out, something else on your computer is blocking the program. Your traceroute to the server is clean.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • unabletoconnect
    edited February 2012
    But I added the game to the scan and real-time shield exclusions and as an exception to the windows firewall. If nothing else comes to your mind I will try disabling avast's shields and if that doesn't work, uninstalling it. Any antivirus program you can recommend?

Ok so I tried disabling both windows firewall and avast's real-time shields and still the send and receive rates are 0. So do I completely uninstall avast? Or maybe I can try booting the pc in "safe mode with networking" option?