Temporary FIX to "Book Freezing"

Options

Comments

• xghostx16
    xghostx16 Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    bbeluska wrote: »
    Got it! Try to select at the shaders menu the first one the 1.1 shader instead of max shader it helped me. Thanks for solution, this software rulez!b:laugh

I will try the 1.1 shader!

Glad you got it to work! b:victory
  • SotallyTober - Dreamweaver
    SotallyTober - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Thanks for posting this for us that was having the problem with the book opening. tried it out and it works perfect for me. If it wasnt for u guys quiet a few of us still wouldnt be able to get on and miss out on the 2x :)
  • snamehah
    snamehah Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    xghostx16 wrote: »
    If your having problems starting Perfect world with the new update, here is a way to fix it!
    SHOUT OUT TO "SylenThunder" for helping find this!

Here is a STEP by STEP way to fix it (For now):

1. Download: http://www.tommti-systems.de/main-Dateien/TOOLS/dontlinkthefile_3danalyzer-v236.exe

2. Install it.

3. Load up 3d analyzer

4. Click "Select"

5. Go to "My Computer" then select "Local Disk"

6. Here you will find a folder named "Perfect World Entertainment" Select it.

7. Now select "Perfect World International"

8. Then select "element"

9. Now look for "elementclient" and select it.

10. Now after you do that, you should be taken back to the front of 3d analyzer.

11. Look at "Hardware Limits (cap bits)" under it should be 5 boxes, select the first three.

12. Look at "Pixel and Vertex Shader" go down the list till you find "Force high precision pixel shader" then select it.

Note: You should only have 4 boxes selected now.

13. Select "Save batch file!" at the bottom of the page. Save it to what ever you want just keep in mind that, that save is how you are going to play Perfect World now.

14. After saving it, exit out of everything then select your save!

ENJOY!!! b:victory

Note: If you don't see your toons, make sure you change the server to the one you were playing on.
    Thanks to - thebeast52

ty that fixed the problem. But is there anyway to due client with it?
  • KerraLyn - Dreamweaver
    KerraLyn - Dreamweaver Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    no luck so far, I downloaded the program and follow the instructions, it says it can't 'insert' the dll. I searched on google and found some mentions on this problem for WOW players, they said to copy the 3dAnalyze files where the executable is, did it, did't work ?

Any tip ?
  • asgarath83
    asgarath83 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Mmmm, this is exactly my problem.
    i have an old pentium 4 with windows XP SP3 and 768 MB di ram.
    graphic card geforce 440 MMX with 8 agpx.
    I will try, i hope the damned book unfreeze with this solution.
    i will tell if it's work.
    bye! ^^
  • KerraLyn - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2012
    Options
    well.. I delete 3dAnalyze and copied again in another directory, now it works, game loads, I can log-in and all, but all characters, monsters and stuff on the ground (like herbs) are invisible, which makes it very difficult to play..

I guess it's a limitation of my GPU (NVIDIA QUADRO2 PRO) that doesn't fully supports DirectX 9.0c... even if it says it's using it...

Will try other settings..
  • tidesuxbadly
    tidesuxbadly Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    wow, thanks alot.. my sis been having problems with that book since the new patch came out, dont know how we missed this post.. it's fixed now! ! b:chuckle
  • asgarath83
    edited February 2012
    Options
    well.. I delete 3dAnalyze and copied again in another directory, now it works, game loads, I can log-in and all, but all characters, monsters and stuff on the ground (like herbs) are invisible, which makes it very difficult to play..

I guess it's a limitation of my GPU (NVIDIA QUADRO2 PRO) that doesn't fully supports DirectX 9.0c... even if it says it's using it...

I have done and it works, but i have same your problem. we can try to switch various configuration of utility:
    yesterday night i tried someone.
    - i uncheck "force to high precision shader.
    - i check ALl boxes of hardware limitis. in this mode go very quickly but again not see monster, chars, weapons and NPCS, like yu. i not know if there is some impostation for shw it. also the magic book of open not be shown, only the special effects.
    WHATEVER SETTING YU DO, NOT UNCHECK THE DIRECTX 8 COMPATIBILITY OR THE HW TNL CAPS.
    if yu do, game crash and pc freeze and need reboot.
    this is all i know for this time. :S
    without chars is not more a mmorpg, is a play with a spy stealth people game LOL.
    :S
    But is better of nothing.

PS: some one blasts the genius that have released descent without done all checking for game prestation in old machines -_- is foolish! people cannot buy a pc or a graphic card new or change the driver only for a game, is it not?

On supermegapc of my fathrer goes very good, here... here i need the3d analyze tools.
    mmm, maybe that's tool can be useful for another game crash with me: legacy of kain soul reaver. is not supported by windows service pack 3 -_-

i
  • xghostx16
    edited February 2012
    Options

This sometimes happens if your not in your orig. server. Try switching your server and see if that helps!
  • KerraLyn - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Thanks for the response asgarath83, no luck so far, characters, monsters, etc.. are not rendered.

nope, xghostx16, I know about the game going to the Arch server by default, I can select my character, enter the game, trouble is, only background elements are rendered, monsters, my character, other players, stuff on the ground like herbs, they are not rendered.

I can actually play but it's no fun if you can't see yourself, others and the mobs.
  • xghostx16
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Thanks for the response asgarath83, no luck so far, characters, monsters, etc.. are not rendered.

nope, xghostx16, I know about the game going to the Arch server by default, I can select my character, enter the game, trouble is, only background elements are rendered, monsters, my character, other players, stuff on the ground like herbs, they are not rendered.

I can actually play but it's no fun if you can't see yourself, others and the mobs.

If I may,
    What kind of graphics card do you have and what are your settings set to in 3D analyzer?
    Thanks.
  • KerraLyn - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I have a Quadro2 Pro 64 MG, latest driver says it supports DirectX 9.0c, the 'dll' required by the game was not installed with the driver update, so I had to download it from the web and copied to the 'element' directory on the game (one of the place it says it searches for it)

Settings, the ones in the instructions at the beginning of this thread.

Also, I use Windows 2k (since work machine is a Linux), W2k only for this game..
  • asgarath83
    edited February 2012
    Options
    This sometimes happens if your not in your orig. server. Try switching your server and see if that helps!
    my chars are alls in the dreamweaver server. i tryed to create a new char, but i cannot see NOONE of the body parts.
  • gtr4000
    gtr4000 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    i do all the steps and get the book unfreezed but it only gets to entering perfect world and then close ...b:cry im doing something wrong please help meb:sad
  • Xuela - Heavens Tear
    Xuela - Heavens Tear Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I LOOOVE YOU!!! b:dirty b:dirty

I wooorked !!! OMG You MADE my DAY!!!! b:victory
    [SIGPIC]http://i60.tinypic.com/1zwygpv.jpg[/SIGPIC]

Linyela ~ Karma's pewpew Psy ❤

Forever here since 2009.
  • snamehah
    edited February 2012
    Options
    the temp fix works but how do u duel client with it?
  • xghostx16
    edited February 2012
    Options
    snamehah wrote: »
    the temp fix works but how do u duel client with it?

Don't you think your asking a bit much? I just helped get past the book freezing! Your gonna have to figure out how to dual client yourself.
    Sorry, It's a "Temp" fix for a reason. Lol
  • snamehah
    edited February 2012
    Options
    lol any ideal when pwi will fix it?
  • xghostx16
    edited February 2012
    Options
    snamehah wrote: »
    lol any ideal when pwi will fix it?

They added Pixel Shader 2.0 in the update and the shader is what makes out computers freeze up on us.
    The shader allows them to do more with the game, they are not going to take it out for us. :( In other words, Its not getting fixed.
  • asgarath83
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Ok men, listen me. I have a supposition.,
    The freeze is caused by the pixeel shaders 2.0 NOT supported of our graphic card right?
    the tool of emulation run the game with some configuration then turn off the pixel shader 2.0. function.
    This is because game run, but book (if yu se emain menu, run game with emulator hide the book), monster, npc, items, players character is hidden.
    they are using PIXEL SHADER 2.0 FOR THE CHARACTER, THE PLAYERS, THE MONSTERS, NPC ETC ETC ETC. also for BOOK at the start of game, i think.
    So i think maybe there is a solution: islittle extreme and dangerous for game stability, but maybe can function.

UNINSTALL PW.
    afyter this:
    1: Install PW genesis old client.
    2: pick up ALL FILES OF GAME by the insallation folder and save in a USB pen device, or in another hard disk.
    3: Now, install the client of descent and take the patch of the last version. be sure yu have fixed the directX9.0 troubles so game can run.
    Ok, now yu must have situatuion of book freezing caused by the shaders?
    well..
    this is a possible solution:
    yu see in element folder of the game the files zipped shader.pck?
    Okay! cut and paste in another folder, for be sure of no do some big error. for make more sures, past in a security folder all the descent version of the game.
    In element folder COPY the shader.pck of genesis expansion.
    Run the game by the client
    Freeze again with the all shaders setting of genesis? Tell me! :D
    maybe some surfaces can have some trouble or problem of visiualizzation, but i am not sure: the name of textures, and characters are the same, the patch simnply overwrite old files with new. simply the shader.pck files contain the shasder impostasion. shader are special parameter setting on the textures. make the material of the effects. so water with shaderins is water, lava is lava, wood is wood, ice is ice, sand is sand metal has light enviroment diffuse and specular etc etc etc.

i not think the nproblem is the textures. Yu CANNOT do a substitution of models and textures.pck with genesis textures and models.pclk because:
    - descent has more models, the models missing can cause very trpouble.
    - the textures of Descent are in a format 2048x2048 high resolution, the old textures was in 256x256 o 512... using textures.pck of genesis with models.pck file of descent can cause BIIGG ISSUES.
    if yu do a sobstitutuion of textures.pck with genesis textures.pck without subtistuition of builiding, trees, models and litmodels.pck yu can have a very very big issues bevuase now uvmapping coordiante of textures of chars and monster and surfaces are setting for the big textures and not for the textures with little format probably yu must see textures of all characters ALL deformed and h0rrible. XD

Why i have this theory?
    simple, i am one of the italian modder of jedi knight jedi academy game. after 3 years at modding the game of star wars, i learn many things on the 3D games functions.

Tell me if this arrangiament is a good solution.
    If function, yu can send a mail of thanks to my mistic, Allanoon, in dreamweaver server.
    Bye.

i Hope this function. Personally i am not try again this solution, but if problems is the shader type unsupported by our graphic cards, maybe is sufficient using the old genesis shaders parameters in the shader.pck file of genesis.

Tell me if this function.
    However, if my solution of overwrite descent shader.pck file with genesis shader.pck files not function, yu can ever re - overwrite original shader.pck file, as i told, is betrter if yu save the descents files in another folder, before yu do this modifications.
  • asgarath83
    edited March 2012
    Options
    No, my system not function. forgive it :S
  • Ftelia - Dreamweaver
    Ftelia - Dreamweaver Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    OMG ppl! it sounds like an 100% working keyloger! dont **** up with the login screen!
    if you tried that **** probably your password and user name are already stolen!TAKE ACTION IMMEDIATELY! remove that software uninstall game. reinstall game ,change email username and password and contact tech support using ticket system for your problem! good luck!
  • aluminak
    aluminak Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    If your having problems starting Perfect world with the new update, here is a way to fix it!
    SHOUT OUT TO "SylenThunder" for helping find this!

Here is a STEP by STEP way to fix it (For now):

1. Download: http://www.tommti-systems.de/main-Dateien/TOOLS/dontlinkthefile_3danalyzer-v236.exe

2. Install it.

3. Load up 3d analyzer

4. Click "Select"

5. Go to "My Computer" then select "Local Disk"

6. Here you will find a folder named "Perfect World Entertainment" Select it.

7. Now select "Perfect World International"

8. Then select "element"

9. Now look for "elementclient" and select it.

10. Now after you do that, you should be taken back to the front of 3d analyzer.

11. Look at "Hardware Limits (cap bits)" under it should be 5 boxes, select the first three.

12. Look at "Pixel and Vertex Shader" go down the list till you find "Force high precision pixel shader" then select it.

Note: You should only have 4 boxes selected now.

13. Select "Save batch file!" at the bottom of the page. Save it to what ever you want just keep in mind that, that save is how you are going to play Perfect World now.

14. After saving it, exit out of everything then select your save!

ENJOY!!! b:victory

Note: If you don't see your toons, make sure you change the server to the one you were playing on.
    Thanks to - thebeast52

Question on number 3, how do you get to the 3D analyzer?
    I was told I have an outdated game card, and that is why I cannot get past the book (albeit, the game worked fine for me half a year ago..) so, I'd like to see if this little temporary fix will do the trick.
  • xghostx16
    edited March 2012
    Options
    aluminak wrote: »
    Question on number 3, how do you get to the 3D analyzer?
    I was told I have an outdated game card, and that is why I cannot get past the book (albeit, the game worked fine for me half a year ago..) so, I'd like to see if this little temporary fix will do the trick.

I don't know what type of pc or anything you have but for me,
    Go to "Start" at bottom left of screen,
    Go to "My Documents",
    Go to "Downloads",
    You should be able to find it there!
    Good luck!!!
  • asgarath83
    edited March 2012
    Options
    OMG ppl! it sounds like an 100% working keyloger! dont **** up with the login screen!
    if you tried that **** probably your password and user name are already stolen!TAKE ACTION IMMEDIATELY! remove that software uninstall game. reinstall game ,change email username and password and contact tech support using ticket system for your problem! good luck!

ehi ehi, stop. i am NOT a keylogger or a stolen of accounts. i read that problem was the shader 2.0 so i have thinking that changins shaderrs folders of game maybe can be the solution. i was in wrong. not change anything so avoid to do my method. can get only problems.
    my was only a theory. ja is not a mmorpg. is an action game, very differents. i know as modding an action game but i never tryied to mod or **** or alterate pw.
    otherwise, i hate the game hackers, because is not correct. i never take items by boutique for same motivation. i think the true game is game without special help of hacks of any times.
    now i read of the shader 1.0 setting fix. i try.
    3d analyze... where i can find this software?
  • asgarath83
    edited March 2012
    Options
    I am sorry for the mistake. i had nort remembered the name of 3d analyze, so i call "emulator" the tool. maybe is for this ftelia take me for a cracker or an account thief.
    however, i try to run the game with emulate tnl caps and directx 8 cap and shader force shader 1.0. the graphic is good and game go with an acceptable speed, but i not see my chars and npc and monster anywhrre. and at the start of game i see a strange message in machine language with "yes" or "no" O______o i not understand the senso of this warning.
    i think i need only a think to do: change my graphic card with someone more powerful, or get pw without characters :S

well, for the 3d analyze fix .... is not a good trpuble for run the game now, the trouble is the invisibile chars etc etc etc rendering of shaders unsupported by old graphic cards. and my cards has driver very recently.
    this is not very good by pwstaff to the players: thousand of person with old pc now need to buy a new pc or new cards only for a shadering upgrade?
    sounds like a cheat of programmed obsolescenze of computers.... :S
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited March 2012
    Options
    asgarath83 wrote: »
    this is not very good by pwstaff to the players: thousand of person with old pc now need to buy a new pc or new cards only for a shadering upgrade?
    sounds like a cheat of programmed obsolescenze of computers.... :S

What's not good is using hardware that was barely keeping up 10 years ago and expecting software created today, (or software updated to meet today's hardware), to still be compatible with something that was obsolete 8 years ago.

Basically you're got thousands of players too cheap to upgrade, QQing because now their choice to stay in the dark ages are affecting them.

If you're affected because you have one of these computers, it's not the fault of the company.
    Save a mere $15 a month, (way less than most people spend on games), and in merely a year and a half you can afford a new computer. (Hell if you just skipped McDonald's a few days you could save that much.)

It was a good move by PWE staff to update the game engine to a standard that is merely 10 years old. It will be a better move for them to update it to a standard more like 5 years old and take the load off the CPU.
    You guys will really be up **** creek then. And you'll QQ even more about it. And again we'll say that you should have updated your system years ago, and it's your own damn fault. Because it's true.

If you're going to drive a Pinto, don't complain when you get beat by a Sebring. PvP on an anchient computer is just a stupid idea.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • asgarath83
    edited March 2012
    Options
    What's not good is using hardware that was barely keeping up 10 years ago and expecting software created today, (or software updated to meet today's hardware), to still be compatible with something that was obsolete 8 years ago.

Basically you're got thousands of players too cheap to upgrade, QQing because now their choice to stay in the dark ages are affecting them.

If you're affected because you have one of these computers, it's not the fault of the company.
    Save a mere $15 a month, (way less than most people spend on games), and in merely a year and a half you can afford a new computer. (Hell if you just skipped McDonald's a few days you could save that much.)

It was a good move by PWE staff to update the game engine to a standard that is merely 10 years old. It will be a better move for them to update it to a standard more like 5 years old and take the load off the CPU.
    You guys will really be up **** creek then. And you'll QQ even more about it. And again we'll say that you should have updated your system years ago, and it's your own damn fault. Because it's true.

If you're going to drive a Pinto, don't complain when you get beat by a Sebring. PvP on an anchient computer is just a stupid idea.

First step, i had not offense yu , so give me respect. :S
    second step: i am not american and i not sell my money in mc'donalds.
    third step: i had a personal life situation little complicated. pw was one of my few distraction my problems of real life.
    fourth step:, imy pc was not so "old" because also if is of years2000 is a pc special : it was assembled with pieces of more powerful hardware of the era i take that. so, pc is old, but was very good for every kind of games, by oldiest, to newreast. i not charge pc because i like also the old games, and a new pc surely is hard to run some games i like.
    otherwise, i have no one problems with genesis expasnions,so i think is a madness than a lobby or a group or a society or a marketing get a software that need more powerful hardware and has not compatibility with oldies thing. if genesis pw was fine for my pc , also descent must be in that mode. this is ian obsolescence programmed tricks:
    this phenomena is connected tothe consumistic plague of modern society.
    it is simply: people not buy pc or software because really need thats, but because society product software with no particullarry upgrade or prestastion, that need the more recent hardware. so a man is costricted, forced to buy the new things, for round the whells of economy, also if he not need that.
    i not need a new pc for what i use the computer. i not work for NASA, i use pc just for writing, chatting, go in web, and disctract me with some games, so i not need the necesity or a new machine.
    at max, i change my video card. no more. if my pc is not broken why i hade to change?
    is a pentium 4 with 1 giga of ram with a geforce4 graphic card 440 mmx with 8 agpx. is not a commodore 64.
    if a think is not very necessary, why buy? planet resources are not infinity. a pc cost work, cash, petrolium, matter, building etc etc. all things human stole by nature. and human consume planet resource more quickly of regenerate capacity of that's resources by Earth.
    and so, because i know is a mechanism of self destrution, if i can, i avoid every unuseful selling or consuming.
    at this point,i think i leave pw game.
    maybe yu anger for my word, but is the true.
    is not much honest this.
    pw staff is free to do all version of game wants, but must be think also to playters or problems of players. is really necessary to patch game every week? is really necessary to upgrade the game with more ppowerful implemento every time?
    yu can ban me by forum if yu want. I have only expressed my opinion. pw staff cannot create a server or a client version for old machines with no patches or upgrade? after all, i play just for fun, not for buy in boutique or lead a guild. i had nothing against boutique or guild. but i not agree that's thing.
  • asgarath83
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Ok, maybe i can use the another pc i have in my home. maybe i can do a change with my father.
  • KerraLyn - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2012
    Options
    This solution worked for me, I can play normally now.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=16428821&postcount=1