International?

mcherie817
mcherie817 Posts: 2 Arc User
edited February 2012 in Dungeons & Tactics
Are the servers separated by country? As in; I live in the USA, could I play with people from say the UK, Canada, etc? Or would all the servers be separated by country, as in; I can only play with people from the US and people in the UK can only play with other UK players.

Thanks.
Post edited by mcherie817 on

Comments

• CrusherJam - Dreamweaver
    CrusherJam - Dreamweaver Posts: 550 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    hmm the answer is 74
    19k Hp and rising my goal is 20k unbuffed (would love 25k )
  • Nochaelf - Lost City
    Nochaelf - Lost City Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    um......i think...it doesn't matter?~

cuz i meet ppl from different part of the world~~ ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

<3
  • emmieshadow
    emmieshadow Posts: 3
    edited February 2012
    I would say choose carefully especially if you want to join in with server events. When I joined PWI wasn't much choice of server just PVE or PVP. I of course went for PVE (Heavens Tear).
    I live in UK but I have to play on USA servers still because staff speak in English I understand what's going on. But the major BAD thing on these servers is that all events they hold are always at 3AM-5AM in morning for me I never can join in on events. They should do events every 12 hours to make sure the other side of these so called "international" servers get a chance to join in on events. I feel I am always missing out, very unfair.
    Now there is of course so called EU servers, what people don't seem to realise is that the GMs who attend there, speak only French for the events they hold or only German for the other server. This is all frustrating for those who speak mainly English and want to be able to join in events at a reasonable time of day and understand what is going on!! They didn't even make a English EU server.
  • Katinas - Momaganon
    Katinas - Momaganon Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I would say choose carefully especially if you want to join in with server events. When I joined PWI wasn't much choice of server just PVE or PVP. I of course went for PVE (Heavens Tear).
    I live in UK but I have to play on USA servers still because staff speak in English I understand what's going on. But the major BAD thing on these servers is that all events they hold are always at 3AM-5AM in morning for me I never can join in on events. They should do events every 12 hours to make sure the other side of these so called "international" servers get a chance to join in on events. I feel I am always missing out, very unfair.
    Now there is of course so called EU servers, what people don't seem to realise is that the GMs who attend there, speak only French for the events they hold or only German for the other server. This is all frustrating for those who speak mainly English and want to be able to join in events at a reasonable time of day and understand what is going on!! They didn't even make a English EU server.

I live in UK and I am playing in German server. As far as I know all PWI stuff is speaking in English. Never had problems with that. I run to person who doesn't speak English like once in a month and that doesn't make my gaming life pain.
    I think you should try things out firstly before saying.
  • Born_Again_ - Sanctuary
    Born_Again_ - Sanctuary Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    You can play with over 9000 players (including little me from europe). b:cute
    b:heart C. G. C. b:heart
    - a guild/faction on many servers, where ethics and behaviour actually matters and makes a differense

b:pleased

facebook.com/group.php?gid=22920649068
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=348361
  • mcherie817
    mcherie817 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Thanks everyone. Except the first two people, who weren't helpful at all. (:
  • Hysterior - Archosaur
    Hysterior - Archosaur Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    It's international because it the same game for few countries
    but China and Japan for example have their own PW in respective languages
  • Emmie - Heavens Tear
    Emmie - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I live in UK and I am playing in German server. As far as I know all PWI stuff is speaking in English. Never had problems with that. I run to person who doesn't speak English like once in a month and that doesn't make my gaming life pain.
    I think you should try things out firstly before saying.

I do not understand why you are targeting my particular post b:surrender . I have and do try the events on both the French and German server. The staff announce in the specific languages not in English. So I have no idea what you talking about. Was why I stated at the beginning "I would say choose carefully especially if you want to join in with server events". If they don't matter to you personally and you just play regardless of community events it wont ruin your gaming experience. But I personally like interaction with the community. Was pointing out its hard to enjoy an event if you don't understand what's going on.

The French and German servers also have their own gaming terminology and abbreviations . (Another thing to keep in mind.) Unless you are fluent or have basic language understanding or have a friend who can translate for you it can be difficult or you can miss out on parties / trading in World Chat.

My apologies to all those offended by my post. b:thanks
  • Riverwell - Archosaur
    Riverwell - Archosaur Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    USA West Coast Servers:
    Lost City - PvP
    Heavens Tear - PvE
    Sanctuary - PvE

USA East Coast Servers:
    Raging Tide - PvE
    Harshlands - PvP

European Servers (idk exactly where):
    Loranthis (spelling?)
    Momaganon

These are just where the servers are based. It doesn't restrict what server you play on though. Like someone else said -- you'll meet people from all over the world.
    You might want to look at the ping you get though. Generally a lower ping means smother play. I don't know how the European servers work, but everything in the US is based in English.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -
    Previous Enemy Executor
    Current SentineI Member
    -
    "I'm sorry, but if you cant aggro control, then you better have the gear/charm to back yourself up. And falling short of that, you simply deserve to die. It's PWI darwinism tbh." - DaKillanator - Raging Tide