Pretending you was a girl(we all did it)

Comments

• Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I remember when I pretended to be an archer in this video game.

I'm not an archer in real life, by the way.
  • Noel - Dreamweaver
    Noel - Dreamweaver Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    When you boys play as a girl character, you're already "pretending" to be a girl, even if it's just in context of the game. Just like you're "pretending" to be a Cleric, Tideborn, etc.

Just putting that out there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Ink_ - Raging Tide
    _Ink_ - Raging Tide Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Umm..I don't think that playing a character that represents a gender that isn't your own really counts as "pretending" to be that gender. Changing your speech(Typing, whatever.) pattern to seem more masculine or feminine would count. Saying that you are a gender you're not would count.

Pretending: Speak and act so as to make it appear that something is the case when in fact it is not.

Wearing a banana costume would not mean I was pretending to be a banana. It would just mean I was wearing a costume. Now, if I spend all day hanging out in a bowl of various other fruits, that may count as pretending. b:chuckle
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Well, I don't really display it much in the forums. If you ever catch me in game, it's easier to tell.

I dunno. You just come across like a really manly guy in his 20s xD Kinda stunned.

And I guess I'm pretending too then. My BM is actually a guy char. For the same reason guys play chicks. Eyecandy. b:avoid
    Funny enough, people don't even believe me I'm not a guy if I tell them. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • ZackMystic - Harshlands
    ZackMystic - Harshlands Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    soo, remember when you was a noob and pretened u was a girl for items ( or was it only me? damn my friends did it too)

basically my story was i met this guy ( we was both like level 25) and we was doing a quest together, i thought wait a second i got a chance here so i acted like a girl would i said hun, did all this stuff *x3* and like :3 and yeah, and he believed it, weekend he bought some gold and got us married, bought me a dress, etc, and yeah, he bought me kinda alot of stuff LOLOLOL, and then i felt so bad i told him i was a dude and never spoke to him again, but i got like 50mill i know it was soooooooooooo mean and i did pay some of it back but hell ye, when did u guys pretend u was a girl?

(please say it wasnt just me)

:( thats so mean
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    78 Mystic ZackMystic
    95 BM ZackBlade
    Retired in March 2012, thx DarkNova for the fun.
    Exiirah made this purely awesome signature b:pleased Many thanks to her
  • Jojoushi - Sanctuary
    Jojoushi - Sanctuary Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I've never had or desired to have a female char..in fact I'm more fooled by females (supposedly) playing male chars such as barbs. I've run into several here on my server.

Several tomboyish females that I'm familiar with do that a lot. I hear them speak on Skype and I'm like b:shocked! b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Life is always what you make of it...
  • Azizsixer - Raging Tide
    Azizsixer - Raging Tide Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Hmm....really good laughs in this thread lol

So wht the heck here's my story...

I was bored and decided to make a female fish (not a sin, the other one) to run around and do all those tideborn quests again. Midway through this guy pops up and is all like hey I dont mean to brag bt I'm lvl 15 and got cool wings...want help? [Tries to embrace] [Denied] lol Being bored though....I entertained him a bit talkin all girly and being nice...he followed meh around killin stuff for meh so i guess it was fun......til my gf told him i had a 101 fish -_-

There goes my free stuff sighhhhb:cry
  • Noel - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2012
    Umm..I don't think that playing a character that represents a gender that isn't your own really counts as "pretending" to be that gender. Changing your speech(Typing, whatever.) pattern to seem more masculine or feminine would count. Saying that you are a gender you're not would count.

Pretending: Speak and act so as to make it appear that something is the case when in fact it is not.

Wearing a banana costume would not mean I was pretending to be a banana. It would just mean I was wearing a costume. Now, if I spend all day hanging out in a bowl of various other fruits, that may count as pretending. b:chuckle
    You're playing a character, not an avatar. That comes with implications. It might not be exactly like one would play a character for a movie or a play, as there's an audience involved with them, but you're still assuming a role when you play an MMORPG character. Whether you stick with your character's physical identity or your own IRL is up to you, but it don't change the facts.

Though you could consider fellow players the "audience", but that would go straight into roleplaying territory, which involves mentally playing the part, and is another topic altogether.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • maitatsu
    maitatsu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Would have been nicer if the thread had started out with a nicer story, but eh, I'll tell mine.

I play all kinds of classes with diff genders tho I'm a girl in real life (no one knows tho).

Thanks to this, I've been able to make all kinds of girl AND guy friends.

Good part about this?

The girls: Being a girl myself, I can understand them better then guys ever will. Females like nice guys in general that are not pervs and show respect to them (I get called a 'ladies man' because of this).

The guys: Simple....men are easy to understand. It's also a fact I'm a big tomboy and I like to hang out with the guys more then girls for fun. If they knew I was a girl well......I wouldn't be included in the 'guys circle' and therefore, never be able to have the great times I have with them now.

Bad part about this?

Trying to be very careful that I don't lose any friends. This IS the internet after all. I have to protect myself from the loonies. Only lie I've ever made was about my gender in games.
    It's hard to stalk a guy when you don't know your looking for a girl and vic versa.

A Note: I've NEVER used this to my advantage to get what I want.......that would be a wound to my gaming pride......
  • Astraea - Raging Tide
    Astraea - Raging Tide Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    b:cry We have no lives.

But srsly, I don't bother telling until someone tries chatting me up or giving me ****. Up until that point my gender is irrelevant and going "OH, BTW I'M A GUY" everytime I meet someone would be friggin annoying. PRetty sure most of my Guild knows I'm a dude now anyway so most of the potential chat ups are out the window. (Wehave alllll the pervs.)

never pretended i was female but still got TONS of random creeps trying to chat up my veno. almost any guild i joined i had to state i was a dude and even then several ppl would just act just plain creepy. and yea i do the same i ignore most of the stuff untill it gets to the "creepy" state where i HAVE to state im a dude to get it to stop. frankly most of my other chars apart from veno were remade male cause of this.

i did recieve some fash tho from an irl female and for some reason a herc (still dont know why and feels pretty bad tbh) that i kinda felt i HAD to recieve or shed feel bad or something.

tbh fact i never continually denied to the point shed stop still bugs me alot. i do not think bad of her and still respect but we are not on speaking terms for other reasons b:cry.
    "Common sense isn't so common anymore." ~ Yusiong - Lost City
    b:surrender
  • Atonements - Raging Tide
    Atonements - Raging Tide Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Umm..I am a girl..But I typically refuse to accept gifts, aside from if they're from a select few close friends. Frankly, receiving gifts makes me uncomfortable, even in game. And it makes the giver feel entitled. But maybe that's just my experience.

yes the uncomfortable feeling...like you owe the person so youd do anything for them.... i had a friend (girl) who got caught up with a pervy old guy...it was hard to talk her out of it (and i did)...it messed her up cause she accepted too much from him...

also.. ive been asked many times if i was a girl even with a male char -.-.. but ive nvr been asked if im ghey lols
    thts a problem right there sigh* =/ lols
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Bored. b:lipcurl
  • bowgataboppa
    bowgataboppa Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I am a hetero guy and I like playing pet classes in MMOs, so I chose Veno in PW even though it meant my toon had to be female. I also rolled a female Seeker who looks pretty hot in her metal bikini style armor.

I tend to keep my Veno pretty conservatively dressed and have never had a problem with stalkers in game, but my Seeker gets hit on pretty regularly.

At first I thought it was funny, and would play along just to see how far I could take it and how gullible the wanna-be alpha male types could be.

Eventually I ran into one suiter that clearly knew I was really a guy and that this turned them on.

b:spitEWWWWb:spit

That put me off the whole deal and now I am looking to tone down by Seekers wardrobe.
  • Sir_Puma - Raging Tide
    Sir_Puma - Raging Tide Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I'm a guy but my 1st char ever was a veno, 2 years ago. Only reason is that I was a animal tamer in my former MMO and they don't give us a choice here to be a male one.. (Mystics don't count, they don't tame, they summon).

I did make it clear to anyone that even tried to flirt or give a "cute" comment and never took money nor gifts from anyone "faking" to be a girl.
    Proud supporter of the new expansion. Sure it has it's share of bugs, like any games. But for a pure farmer/grinder, that's a whole lot of new mobs to go beat up b:chuckle
  • BerserkBeast - Sanctuary
    BerserkBeast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    When Im on a Girly alt,a good 80%+ of people assume that Im a girl.

That makes me think I've born with the wrong gender b:surrender
    The only way to beat a troll is....to troll him back b:angry
  • Noel - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2012
    maitatsu wrote: »
    Bad part about this?

Trying to be very careful that I don't lose any friends. This IS the internet after all. I have to protect myself from the loonies. Only lie I've ever made was about my gender in games.
    It's hard to stalk a guy when you don't know your looking for a girl and vic versa.
    It's not a lie. Someone asks you in-game(aka your character) without specifying they're talking about you IRL, and you tell them your character's sex, it's not a lie at all. Now if they specifically ask what you are IRL and you tell them anything than what you are IRL, then it'd be lying... but you don't have to tell them any of your IRL information unless your friendship moves beyond the game. If they assume anything before that, it's their fault, not yours.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bearishidonteven
    bearishidonteven Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    i once bought my gf rank9 to find out that she was a guy... i dont even...
  • Icut - Lothranis
    Icut - Lothranis Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Hello al i am a mmorpg cross-dresser :-*
  • Noel - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2012
    Hello al i am a mmorpg cross-dresser :-*
    We have characters, not avatars.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • maitatsu
    maitatsu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    It's not a lie. Someone asks you in-game(aka your character) without specifying they're talking about you IRL, and you tell them your character's sex, it's not a lie at all. Now if they specifically ask what you are IRL and you tell them anything than what you are IRL, then it'd be lying... but you don't have to tell them any of your IRL information unless your friendship moves beyond the game. If they assume anything before that, it's their fault, not yours.

Well fortunately it hasn't gotten to that point thank goodness. But I guess it's just my nature to feel bad about it all the same. I only have 1 good friend of 2 years in this game, but because of the real life problems this person has I dare not tell said person.
  • Darg_race - Sanctuary
    Darg_race - Sanctuary Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Nope, i have never ask others for free stuff when i play mmo as female characters. Yes, i am a dude in real life, the only reason why i choose female characters is for their looks.

I will stop playing as female characters when they make male characters like real male, not sissy skinny female looking dudes (example: male sin and male mystic).
  • _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary
    _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    If you consider 17 to be a kid still....I don't want to even try and guess how old you must be >_>

Well, I don't really display it much in the forums. If you ever catch me in game, it's easier to tell.

Btw, this is my sin alt.

17 is still a minor and a kid in my eyes. I am 20 if you really wanna know.

I can imagine it now.

"Mom, If I take out the trash and clean the house can I spend $20 on my game???"
    Facebook.com/foxi187
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • doitwell
    doitwell Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    soo, remember when you was a noob and pretened u was a girl for items ( or was it only me? damn my friends did it too)

basically my story was i met this guy ( we was both like level 25) and we was doing a quest together, i thought wait a second i got a chance here so i acted like a girl would i said hun, did all this stuff *x3* and like :3 and yeah, and he believed it, weekend he bought some gold and got us married, bought me a dress, etc, and yeah, he bought me kinda alot of stuff LOLOLOL, and then i felt so bad i told him i was a dude and never spoke to him again, but i got like 50mill i know it was soooooooooooo mean and i did pay some of it back but hell ye, when did u guys pretend u was a girl?

Personal opinion... b:surrender
    1. None of you knew who girls (women) really were.
    2. Girls (women) do not sell themselves for money (items); maybe females (you can use any other words) do but not women. I hope you understand what I mean by that.
    3. First of all, you showed disrespect for yourself by doing that.

And... I am sorry, I did not mean to be rude.
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    No. I've never pretended. I inform people that I am a grown man in real life. My friends know that I am, and I'm even friends with quite a few of them on facebook.

I don't believe in trying to get over on anyone in real life, or in game. I don't believe that I'd be blessed if I did, and believe that my actions would cost me later.

I've gotten a free cage for my veno, but I told him outright that I am a man several times, and he still insisted since he didn't need it for his barb, and didn't want to roll a veno, so I was fortunate then. (I helped and rezzed him on my cleric a few times after that in kindness for his own.)

I inform people that I am a man at the start of several runs. If anyone asks, flirts, etc. on times that I don't say it, I tell them outright that I am a man.

The most that I've done is that I may not have mentioned it directly, and let people say whatever. This is especially true if I'm in the middle of healing, as I have a VERY HARD time talking, and healing at the same time, so when people ask me questions, or make convo, I can almost never respond...or respond incoherently, in broken english.

Regarding embracing for chi, I used to never embrace, but eventually started to, after I learned that some were doing it for chi, so everytime I do it, I say... "For Chi." I usually ignore it, or send a duel request though. Lol.
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011"

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
  • Cody_tylor - Sanctuary
    Cody_tylor - Sanctuary Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    You seem to like the same sex dude... IDK why you do... Men doesn't have **** or a gina >_>... I have girl chars... but pretend to be female? b:shocked Are you smoking something? I may never say I'm a guy or a girl, I just play the game? Some people think I am a guy, some people think I am a girl, I just don't tell them because it is just pixels + that does not even matter what toon who plays on. When I am on a male char, they obviously know I am a dude.

And you must be epic fail for asking for free stuffs to do that... Roll an interval veno, get a glacial walker and face roll on the damn keyboard. You make money like nothing. That class is **** OP that any noob can play
    WTB PWI 2008 where people were thinking more about doing good rather than pretending to be.
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    _Perses_ - Lost City Posts: 1,917 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    17 is still a minor and a kid in my eyes. I am 20 if you really wanna know.

I can imagine it now.

"Mom, If I take out the trash and clean the house can I spend $20 on my game???"

Dude, I work for my cash o.o

I don't have to ask her to spend it, though she does ***** it i spend a lot in a single week >_>, but meh. I earn the money, my right to decide what to spend it on.
    Nothing worthwhile to mention here, enjoy the animated signature~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Ink_ - Raging Tide
    edited February 2012
    doitwell wrote: »

Personal opinion... b:surrender
    1. None of you knew who girls (women) really were.
    2. Girls (women) do not sell themselves for money (items); maybe females (you can use any other words) do but not women. I hope you understand what I mean by that.
    3. First of all, you showed disrespect for yourself by doing that.

And... I am sorry, I did not mean to be rude.

+1

Completely agree.
  • _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary
    _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Dude, I work for my cash o.o

I don't have to ask her to spend it, though she does ***** it i spend a lot in a single week >_>, but meh. I earn the money, my right to decide what to spend it on.

Earn your money doing chores? ROFL
    Facebook.com/foxi187
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Ink_ - Raging Tide
    edited February 2012
    On a related note..Apparently so many males play venos that I've had more than a few people just automatically assume I'm male because I play one. =_=''
  • _Adrasteia_ - Dreamweaver
    _Adrasteia_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    You seem to like the same sex dude... IDK why you do... Men doesn't have **** or a gina >_>... I have girl chars... but pretend to be female? b:shocked Are you smoking something? I may never say I'm a guy or a girl, I just play the game? Some people think I am a guy, some people think I am a girl, I just don't tell them because it is just pixels + that does not even matter what toon who plays on. When I am on a male char, they obviously know I am a dude.

And you must be epic fail for asking for free stuffs to do that... Roll an interval veno, get a glacial walker and face roll on the damn keyboard. You make money like nothing. That class is **** OP that any noob can play

you haven't been to Bangkok ?
    {o,o} NERF RLY?
    |)__)
    -
  • ntkn
    ntkn Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2012

i have girl chars but i never once pretended to be a girl because it makes you into a ******(homosexual for the censors), case close. if you want to become *** just for a few virtual items then go ahead.

2ndly, i get free items from girls so i dont need to pretend to be a girl to get free items. thats how i roll.