What do you like about the expansion?

Options
_Ink_ - Raging Tide
_Ink_ - Raging Tide Posts: 400 Arc User
edited February 2012 in General Discussion
So, I haven't gotten to play around with the new content as much as I would have liked. And I figured since there are about seven billion QQ threads rolling around, I'd ask what everyone likes about the new stuff.

For those inevitable trolls, make an *** of yourself all you like, I won't waste my time on you.

Here's what I like so far.

Mob animations, both the death animations(Like when the mob dies and turns into a frog and hops away. That's so cool. XDD) and cast animations. They look a lot cooler than a lot of the old mob stuff.

I also like that we got a ton of new mobs to look at, not the same mobs with a different name at a different level. I know that they keep the same mesh and texture on mobs to lower the data amounts, but it's still awesome to have new stuff to look at.

The quest tracker. The fact that it automatically tracks the next quest in the chain is epic. I know it's a little thing, but having to dig through my quests is pretty time consuming. Plus the track doesn't disappear when I log off. Which was a huge thing back when my internet was dropping all the time. I'd have to re-track the same quest sometimes five or six times in an hour. x-x

The new squad bar is pretty cool too. Drive me nuts that it keeps moving up to cover my pet bar no matter what I do, but here's hoping that's changed at some point.

What has everyone else found that they liked? Hopefully you all will mention some things I haven't even seen/noticed yet.
Post edited by _Ink_ - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Jadsia - Lost City
    Jadsia - Lost City Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    So, I haven't gotten to play around with the new content as much as I would have liked. And I figured since there are about seven billion QQ threads rolling around, I'd ask what everyone likes about the new stuff.

For those inevitable trolls, make an *** of yourself all you like, I won't waste my time on you.

Here's what I like so far.

Mob animations, both the death animations(Like when the mob dies and turns into a frog and hops away. That's so cool. XDD) and cast animations. They look a lot cooler than a lot of the old mob stuff.

I also like that we got a ton of new mobs to look at, not the same mobs with a different name at a different level. I know that they keep the same mesh and texture on mobs to lower the data amounts, but it's still awesome to have new stuff to look at.

The quest tracker. The fact that it automatically tracks the next quest in the chain is epic. I know it's a little thing, but having to dig through my quests is pretty time consuming. Plus the track doesn't disappear when I log off. Which was a huge thing back when my internet was dropping all the time. I'd have to re-track the same quest sometimes five or six times in an hour. x-x

The new squad bar is pretty cool too. Drive me nuts that it keeps moving up to cover my pet bar no matter what I do, but here's hoping that's changed at some point.

What has everyone else found that they liked? Hopefully you all will mention some things I haven't even seen/noticed yet.

I liked that quest from Pity Menti that turned me into a rat. That was hillarious. I just wished they would have had more than 1 quest for that instance. Maybe put a daily quest in there.
    I **** bigger than you...

Shut up and play the game.....Damn
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I like that people keep posting multiple topics on the same subject.

(I kid you not, there is 3 other threads on this.)
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
  • Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I liked that quest from Pity Menti that turned me into a rat. That was hillarious. I just wished they would have had more than 1 quest for that instance. Maybe put a daily quest in there.

I'd love that, it might be a really silly and easy way to get some measly exp for lvls 95+... But so was Amber and people still did that all the time. Why not?b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    My main two points must be quest tracker and the mystics summons having half mp on summon <3<3<3

But there's so many other small things I love :) Bug fixes, auto pathing, ...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    The auto-fly [auto-mount] sucks. The map itself looks great, if I only could appreciate it on something higher than minimum settings. b:bye

Actually I'm playing on just about the biggest resolution I can lol, just because I HATE having a cramped UI. Low FPS and cruddy visuals is the price I pay. :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    new content :O

It was also pretty fun to run around as a rat and slap the king with my broom
  • _Ink_ - Raging Tide
    edited February 2012
    Options

I haven't done that quest yet! It was so funny though. I was on vent with a couple of friends, one of them was going around picking up quests so we could do them together and out of nowhere she goes "Um...I'm...a rat.". b:chuckle

I -love- autopathing from the quest tracker.
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    To me, it seems the xp value for the quests made the quests worth doing and so as a result people were actually out in the world doing them!!!

Im disappointed that there weren't more quests in there - I did mine slowly but Im sure plenty of people finished them on the first day. I now only go back in for the dailes and thats it, soon everyone will be back to doing FC, BH and Nirvana and it will feel like the expansion didnt change anything.

EDIT - I do like that the faction base quests give xp, the treasure hunter quests and the new skills.
  • Sagek - Sanctuary
    Sagek - Sanctuary Posts: 1,156 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Def with everyone else about the new instance it looked great and really is a shame it was such a short quest, wish they could do something with it. I love the fact that the buildings are not just carboard boxes. The insides of these buildings look amazing. theres one I have fallen in love with that has a bar and a library that I spend my idle time in.

The new monsters, it is so nice to have them.
  • Sir_Puma - Raging Tide
    Sir_Puma - Raging Tide Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    The quest line was indeed fun to do.

New content is always good too. Patient people will do their divine quests each day and Endless Universe (which, let's face it even if bosses are a pain, is one of the best designed dungeons to make use of teamwork). With also their blue daily and the missive, yo rack up on the prestige and infleunce.

Some others, will just go grind in there cause of the new "atmospĥere" and music and a change of those eternal hell/heaven mobs or map 3 to grind on. Sure there's not reallt a Zhen spoy, but some mobs respawn pretty fast.

I don't think the place will die out anytime soon, "maybe" in a couple months when people will have gotten their skills and switch orders to get others, but even then... Still armor to get, reforge option, shards, weps.. (Let's not talk about ridicoulus high priced mounts and flyers shall we...)
    Proud supporter of the new expansion. Sure it has it's share of bugs, like any games. But for a pure farmer/grinder, that's a whole lot of new mobs to go beat up b:chuckle
  • _Belgarion_ - Dreamweaver
    _Belgarion_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I'm sure there will be an expansion on the quest line in Morai. Without giving away any spoilers, from what I understand it doesn't tie it up entirely and leaves room for at least 3 more bosses.

I like how Morai looks, and the new mobs are a nice change. I enjoyed the Endless Universe, it was nice to do something different in an instance although it was difficult with a pick up squad where nobody would listen and kept on being idiots.

I love my new seeker skill Angels of Justice. While the 30s version doesn't allow for much, I'm sure the 60s will be awesome. I'm working on other skills now and look forward to getting them. It seems like it will take forever to get them all though, I wish the daily order quests gave more.

The only thing I'm disappointed by is the lack of blessings/dq/etc. but hardly enough to let it ruin what, for me, is a nice expansion.
  • BerserkBeast - Sanctuary
    BerserkBeast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Let's see...

...the new map its indeed the most well-made graphic-appealing map so far in the game,really well done.
    ...bug fixes,they fixed magic shell bug!,this alone its worth the expansion b:laugh
    ...new skills,most of the new skills are pretty interesting(Especially for PvP)
    ...the new tracker its cool,but the auto-fly sucks
    ...those new quests were fun,I wish they could give me coins instead of all that exp and spirit(0 coins rewards).

...and yes I lol'ed too at that quest that turns you into a rat(4 aps rat ftw b:chuckle).
    The only way to beat a troll is....to troll him back b:angry
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    let's See...

...bug Fixes,they Fixed Magic Shell Bug!,this Alone Its Worth The Expansion B:laugh

Holy Crapola - Really!!!!!!
  • _Adrasteia_ - Dreamweaver
    _Adrasteia_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    i love the new gear . think its a great idea to have a none pvp none cashshop easy to get gear . the new quest where also fun and keept me busy for a couple of hr. only thing i did not like where that i could not use my old WinME laptop no more :
    {o,o} NERF RLY?
    |)__)
    -
  • _Ink_ - Raging Tide
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Gotta say, I'm glad I'm not the only one enjoying the expansion. I was starting to think that's how it was based on the forums. b:chuckle

I agree, the new area is totally awesome looking. The director of my faction(Poor woman) followed me around on her cleric for like an hour because I kept going "I wonder if this aggros!" and running through mobs, or not noticing I had aggro on something while looking at status/buildings/NPCs/Shiny Things. I died a lot. >_>
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    While I do have a couple of serious gripes, I think the new expansion is great. Even though I really won't go play much of that, it's the best expansion since Lost Empire. It's very comparable in scope but definitely a comparison on how different the dev team is. On a scale of 1-10, I'd probably rate it an 8 if Lost Empire was the bar at 10.

I do think the EG expansion did a great job at incorporating new classes at the old standard of balance but the fact that TB is still unbalanced kind of moots my opinion of the EG update. Honestly, I don't count EG and TB as expansions more than character additions. The actual content of either added nothing of perceivable value.

For me, too little too late. I'll play some more TW but this game is still just all about Frost and Nirvana and for me that's not enough...
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • TCHP - Lost City
    TCHP - Lost City Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I think I like it all. It's an interesting world addition. I haven't tried the endless instance yet. But I like it all. Having new skill for my cleric finally. It's making the play a lot more fun and will give me a purpose to keep playing it for the next year.

I also like the bling bling effect violet dance had the 1st time some player saw it. And they were like : " WTF was that !"

Bm vortex I think is awesome also, since the bm can move whit it.

I haven't seen more skill. but in all I think it's awesome :3

The new L12 gear seem to be a bit under value. But it's been a while I haven't played whit L12 gear. I can't wait to get more Prestige and get the real PVE gear. And see the real difference.

I also like the fact that even if players QQ and rage a lot, There's less mistake in this expansion compared to the 1st one, were genie skill were and are still changed. I think this expansion was really plan out in advance and not rush out of the factory.

Yes there are a few bugs... But like window xp, vista, 7 or even whit 98 there was mistake. And updates and it's still going on.

So a big PLUS for this expansion :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gyroki
    gyroki Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options

Guild mates and me had same idea. But when the put a daily quest in there the area arround the start npc should become a safe zone. Its a waste of a nice looking lil instance if u can enter it just 1x with same toon. It would be also a funny thing if u would have a 60min counter and could port back to world in rat shape b:laugh
  • hokage78
    hokage78 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    My favorite part has been the new Endless Universe instance. You actually can't just have full blow APS squad with it. Its ideal to mix in a few casters and APS people. Though it does annoy me when nobody listens.b:shocked