Mystic vs Venomancer

Options
Nycrome - Dreamweaver
Nycrome - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
edited February 2012 in Mystic
1)What class is the best for PvE ?
2)What class is the best for TT ?
3)What class have the best pet ?
4)The poll is an average of the 3 questions .
Post edited by Nycrome - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Yami_ - Dreamweaver
    Yami_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Well you made a similar topic about this in the general area, and their supporters have different uses, but let's say that the Veno pet's are more "limited" if you compare then directly with the Mystic summons.

I don't think that the devs made the Mystic summons for be durable like the Veno pets, if Lord Cragg was a permanent summon then we can had a good discussion between those two, but for now It's nyx all the way lol.
  • OontzOontz - Dreamweaver
    OontzOontz - Dreamweaver Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Veno. The only thing mystics have is that new car smell.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear
    Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,681 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options

1) Both , mystics can heal support , venos can tank / support / DD , both in a squad usually leads to fast safe runs
    2) Veno can tank squad mode , that says it all
    3) Veno's pets survive more , they have the best tank and the best attackers. it can also learn any set of skills (attacks/debuffs/buffs). Mystics pets are limited , with limited skills. Cost MP to charge. Only useful thing is that they can be absorbed , and not having a need to be lvled.
    Salvation is more useful for other squad mates than veno pets.

Venos and Mystics are different classes , only common thing is battle companion and wood mastery. They can't be completely compared when their role is so different.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <--- MALE Veno ..... Moved to G W 2 or maybe not completely , don't know ...... PW addiction
    {That TT xbow chain is one that describes someone's bowel movements after having too much spicy food. A loud **** (Thundercrack), then a burning sensation (Flash Fire), followed by an explosion of multi-colored poo-confetti (Blinding Radiance). Excellent...} By Quilue
  • DuckTapez - Archosaur
    DuckTapez - Archosaur Posts: 855 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options

1) imo mystics are slightly better due to their rez buff and better versatility (able to act as both a DD and support healer, main healer even sometimes)
    venos have traditionally fulfilled the role of a debuffer, but all this 5 APS **** kinda made them...useless (for lack of a better word) in certain instances b:beatup

2) have yet to see anyone solo mid-high TTs with a pet other than a herc (sins don't count >.>)

3) mystics don't have pets, they have summons...ijs
    the purpose of that sentence was not to point out petty little vocab details, it was to illustrate the inability for a mystic's summon to completely substitute for veno pets
    /waitsformystictostartflamewar

4) you didn't give us any numerical values to calculate a mean with
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Duct tape is like The Force: bright on one side, dark on the other. It holds the world together, and, if not handled correctly, becomes a sticky mess.
  • thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Mystics aren't as simple as venos to play. In the right hands: They're OP.
  • Cazane - Dreamweaver
    Cazane - Dreamweaver Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Can someone help ppl update their brains so they can understand that since the fishes came out, if a BARB that have aggro gaining skills cant hold it against a sin, how the hell would a veno pet tank it? -.-

I agree that summons are weaker but veno pets cant tank anymore IN squads if you're soloing that's another thing.

I know this is a necro but the poll was still opened ijs...
  • Baby_pho - Heavens Tear
    Baby_pho - Heavens Tear Posts: 636 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Can someone help ppl update their brains so they can understand that since the fishes came out, if a BARB that have aggro gaining skills cant hold it against a sin, how the hell would a veno pet tank it? -.-

I agree that summons are weaker but veno pets cant tank anymore IN squads if you're soloing that's another thing.

I know this is a necro but the poll was still opened ijs...

maybe they were refering you when you solo bosses? and not in squad? like black hole in oht.

anyways all the questions you asked my answer to all is veno.

veno and mystics are two different classes i like playing them both. both venos and mystics are scary in pvp. none is easier to play than another. if you know how to play ur class they both arent hard to play either. so yeh get both. maybe mystic first then veno or veno first then mystic.
  • MoonsMyst - Heavens Tear
    MoonsMyst - Heavens Tear Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    1.Mystic, can do almost everything as veno can and u can make mystic very fast to lvl 100 if u goin thru ff while veno is not wanted clas in ff at all.
    2 and 3 veno rule here.
  • ntkn
    ntkn Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Veno. The only thing mystics have is that new car smell.

there summons have higher DPS that most veno pets that are not called herc/nix because its based on gear. especially storm mistress that also has a AoE.

if you really want to get technical tho, ALL mystic summons have far more uses then any of the veno pets. veno pets are mainly used for tanking/luring/extra dps.

mystics summons have healing/stuns/AoEs/shields/debuffs ranging from -casting to sleep/etc
  • HardTimes - Lost City
    HardTimes - Lost City Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options

this is coming from a person who has both a lv 100 veno and a lv 101 mystic both using high end gear. both full nv gear

1. depends what lv and if you mean solo quest grind or squad doing bh/fb.
    ** mid lv between lv 40-70 veno wins for solo quest grind, mystic wins for squad based run's
    ***lv90-100+ mystic win's for both solo quest and squad runs. (because veno will often pull agro off their own pet in solo quest killing them self, they also are not able to support a squad so are often not needed as to where a mystic is.)

2. this also depends if your asking if they solo squad mode or solo mode.
    **if your veno dose not have the money to buy a herc then its no better then a mystic here.
    ***mystic and veno can both solo single mode in TT, only a herc veno can solo squad mode.

3. best pet? sorry but there is no best pet, just ideal pets for what you need to do.
    **veno has the ideal single target pvp pet (nix) mystic has ideal pet's for pvp pve and squad support.
    *** mystic has the strongest and most ideal pet for gv cragglord. full damage aoe, making a mystic a ideal DD in gv.

4. veno pets and mystic pets will never "tank" in a squad. these are not the dark ages anymore lol.

veno's are still the best at debuffing bosses and soloing HH (if they have a herc), but over all a mystic has the edge over a veno. mystics are wanted more in squads at end game and they can handle mobs solo easier thx to powerful self heals. mystic attack power/damage they deal is higher then that of a veno, and the mystic pets attack is also higher then a venos pets. only the nix veno pet win's for damage in pvp.
  • Vixter - Harshlands
    Vixter - Harshlands Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    1. depends on the type of pve. if you mean DD, or normal mob kills, or aoe many mobs, then mystic. if you mean bosses then veno.

2. for TT i always bring my veno for tanking the bosses with the herc, but i bring my mystic along as well because she is what really makes a difference in the kill speed. but the herc holds aggro from storm mistress with bramble and bash, which is good. technically i could do TT team mode solo on my veno, but i would rather have it done much faster with my mystics help.

3. mystic has best pets DD wise. pets able to stun, aoe, and deal massive dmg? protect with buffs? i think they win there. only the herc really wins for the venos side, because of its ultimate tanking ability. mystics devil doesnt have the defense or hp to compare to the herc. as for nix, well its a nice pvp pet but it sure dies often :P

4. i voted mystic ... but it ultimately depends on what you plan to do ont he character mostly. if you are thinking about living in TT all the time, then veno is probably the best choice if you can afford the herc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vixter (101 Heavy Veno) ~ TT farmer
    Peachie (102 Mystic) ~ Main character