Say thanks to Frankie

Options
Valrain - Archosaur
Valrain - Archosaur Posts: 105 Arc User
edited February 2012 in General Discussion
He gave us an update on the item pages, they have it working now and they're doing testing. The goal is to have it enabled by tomorrow, just in time for the weekend.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=16240201&postcount=248

Thanks, Frankie! Now can everyone please stop QQ'ing about the damn Jones blessing? b:victory
Post edited by Valrain - Archosaur on

Comments

• Foxieee_trek - Harshlands
    Foxieee_trek - Harshlands Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    yay :p
    now they need to answer my ticket..
    venomacer lvl 80b:pleased
    assasin lvl62b:victory
    Ah, crazy rich bored people, I will never be able to understand them. b:surrender
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    Jadsia - Lost City Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    He gave us an update on the item pages, they have it working now and they're doing testing. The goal is to have it enabled by tomorrow, just in time for the weekend.

Thanks, Frankie! Now can everyone please stop QQ'ing about the damn Jones blessing? b:victory

Thank you Frankie! And thanks to the forum moderator staff for maintaining a reasonably sane forum with professional standards.
    I **** bigger than you...

Shut up and play the game.....Damn
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    Kerona - Sanctuary Posts: 1,771 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    b:victory
    Yay, thanks! Now I can dye all my FASHION!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Let's prepare for QQ threads starting at 12:01 AM PST about the page not being up yet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    "Thanks everyone for your patience."

If you put emphasis on a single word as you say his sentence... He sounds sarcastic and I don't blame him.b:laughb:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010
  • SteamyFish - Lost City
    SteamyFish - Lost City Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options

damn this i wanted to QQ for abit longer!
  • _Nei_ - Sanctuary
    _Nei_ - Sanctuary Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    no moar QQ coz blessing..... let's see if tomorrow the pages works b:laugh
    [SIGPIC]C:\Users\Fatima\Pictures\neivindicatequickfix.png[/SIGPIC]
  • Sir_Puma - Raging Tide
    Sir_Puma - Raging Tide Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Let's prepare for QQ threads starting at 12:01 AM PST about the page not being up yet.

lol, yeah I see that..

I do expect though that "tomorrow" would be more around noon or afternoon my time (East Coast)
    Proud supporter of the new expansion. Sure it has it's share of bugs, like any games. But for a pure farmer/grinder, that's a whole lot of new mobs to go beat up b:chuckle
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Thanks Frankie,

now can you implement something whereby those of us whose facebook accounts were all banned to get the blessings. Thanks.
  • blast93
    blast93 Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    the power of QQ.
    now lets QQ about free r9?ehh b:pleased
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Thank you Frankie for performing your job duties in a somewhat timely manner as allowed by PWE. Or something to that extent.

b:victory
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    b:thanks Thank you Frankie for an update on the item send pages.

Now tell your muffin-brained developers to fix SP please. There's still quite a bit of annoying QQ.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • Vixter - Harshlands
    Vixter - Harshlands Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    thanks frankie for the update!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vixter (101 Heavy Veno) ~ TT farmer
    Peachie (102 Mystic) ~ Main character
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    lol, yeah I see that..

I do expect though that "tomorrow" would be more around noon or afternoon my time (East Coast)

Noon on Eastern Standard Time is 9am (when they probably are just arriving to work) PST. Subtract three hours from our time. (Also on East Cost) Which means latest it will be fixed is probably around 8-9pm.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • kondors
    kondors Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I guess its true when they say that tomorrow never comes. No QQ, no surprise, no point, no delivery, no item pages.
  • TCHP - Lost City
    TCHP - Lost City Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Compared whit the 1st bug this page had, I think the time was reasonable for this update. They deserve it, Good job !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary
    _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Good job on you guys effing up and then fixing it a week later!
    Facebook.com/foxi187
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RoseWater_ - Sanctuary
    RoseWater_ - Sanctuary Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Thank you for fixing the pages, period. The whining and crying over the pages not working is pathetic, Yeah, it took a week + but the point is, ITS FIXED Stop complaining be glad they are doing their jobs. b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Sanctuary Psychic~
  • Berserker_ - Dreamweaver
    Berserker_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    b:dirtyb:dirty random dyes come at me!
    [SIGPIC]www.spades.tw[/SIGPIC]
    b:cute
  • Mingkeey - Lost City
    Mingkeey - Lost City Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Thanks Frankie,

Thanks Frankie for finally fixing the problem after 2x.Thanks Frankie for the worst ONE WEEK of 2x!.Thanks Frankie for not feeling sorry for us and extending the 2x one more week.Thanks.
  • warrioroftherose
    warrioroftherose Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options

gah i was just gettin rdy to say allmost midnight server time b:faint
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Thanks Frankie,

Thanks Frankie for finally fixing the problem after 2x.Thanks Frankie for the worst ONE WEEK of 2x!.Thanks Frankie for not feeling sorry for us and extending the 2x one more week.Thanks.

Frankie has nothing to do with any of that. All of those calls come from the higher-ups, all he does is relay the information.b:surrender
  • Mingkeey - Lost City
    Mingkeey - Lost City Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    Frankie has nothing to do with any of that. All of those calls come from the higher-ups, all he does is relay the information.b:surrender

im sorry Frankie

Im sorry Frankie for your higher ups.Im sorry Frankie you hahaha.. idk where im going with this hahab:laugh oh man i wish China dev's would sell pw to Amercians.So we can run dis B wordb:cool china fails
  • kondors
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Thank you for fixing the pages, period. The whining and crying over the pages not working is pathetic, Yeah, it took a week + but the point is, ITS FIXED Stop complaining be glad they are doing their jobs. b:bye

Firstly it wasnt broken in the first place. Dont fix what isnt broken. Software is modular and the modules for item sending worked fine beforehand.

Secondly, it is common sense practice not to remove something that works until you have ALREADY produced a working replacement, far more obvious and lesser impact would have been to simply keep what worked and delayed the "Free gifts sending". Better to take a relatively small delay in the arrival of something you are yet to have, than to remove something you already had that worked.

Thirdly, 45 minutes warning at some obscure time of the night (yes this is an international player base), is woefully inadequate. Given that we ARE international, 24 hours is a far fairer notice period. Please dont say it is all the notice available either. The decision to remove the facility was in the hands of those who chose to afford such ridiculous notice.

Fourthly, yes we all managed perfectly well without blessings before, but the key word here is ALL... it was an even playing field. People have been kicked from Nirvana groups and probably many more because of not having a blessing available. Yes I know thats the mean minded nature of some players, not the PW staff, but the situation was eminently avoidable.

Lastly, lets just see shall we? I hope that all of the posts here saying "yay thanks it works" dont end up with egg on their faces due to yet another "unforseen delay" in implementation. You are all somewhat premature in your celebrations. Curious to know how too, how it is that you know how hard and diligently the staff are working on issues. There is no information made available on who is actually responsible for what, how to escalate an issue when it simply not even given the courtesy of a response, no indication of what issues are currently being addressed, no timescale for resolutions, no hours of work, no staff numbers, nothing. Trust me when I say it isnt because the information has not been requested, ploitely, legitimately, and repeatedly. Your estimations of the effort being applied are just that, estimations.

To whom do I address an issue when I am wholly dissatisfied with the response (or far more frequently lack of) from frankie? How do I get in touch with your manager to escalate something that is simply ignored?

I am ploitely and legitimately asking for that information. It is far from unreasonable.

0600 February 24th and still unavailable. Whilst that leaves me open to being flamed, I am not complaining, merely updating people. Better to have some update than not.
  • kondors
    edited February 2012
    Options
    KrittyCat wrote: »

Given this information, and taking it as being correct 100%, then what is it exactly that we are thanking him for? The relaying of information with 45 minutes notice?

If your statement is correct Kritty, then 2 points.

First he has fixed nothing, nor will he ever. After all he is just an information interface by your wording.

Secondly, given that he has nothing to do with all that, I want to speak to a supervisor or someone who actually does, after all, I have no evidence to support the theory that information and requests are ever relayed to anyone who is authorised to to have something to do with it.

Please be so kind as to relay that to someone who is capable of doing something in response to issues.
  • MeaMoeYao - Lost City
    MeaMoeYao - Lost City Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    kondors wrote: »
    Given this information, and taking it as being correct 100%, then what is it exactly that we are thanking him for? The relaying of information with 45 minutes notice?

If your statement is correct Kritty, then 2 points.

First he has fixed nothing, nor will he ever. After all he is just an information interface by your wording.

Secondly, given that he has nothing to do with all that, I want to speak to a supervisor or someone who actually does, after all, I have no evidence to support the theory that information and requests are ever relayed to anyone who is authorised to to have something to do with it.

Please be so kind as to relay that to someone who is capable of doing something in response to issues.

rofl, your dedication to finding the root of PWE evil is admirable xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

//\\Futa\\// 101 BM - Chinatown
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I hope that all the Dq items we npced during the **** - up accumulated.
  • PW_KickAss - Harshlands
    PW_KickAss - Harshlands Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I hope that all the Dq items we npced during the **** - up accumulated.

I asked that on the official OP about the pages being down, and frankie said it did count. The only problem was the SENDING page. But it still counts... Not my word.
    NYAN NYAN NYAN NYAN NYAN NYAN
    b:pleased
  • Sagemons - Sanctuary
    Sagemons - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Dear Frankie,

Thank you because you've made it wonderful all these while.
    Thank you because you've improved it since as far as I can remember.
    I can't believe anything else ... posted or otherwise.
    May there be forgiveiness ...
    May there be love ...
    May there be peace for such eyes resting upon the stars above.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • neo5566
    neo5566 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    ehhh 7days ago they said it will be fixed in 2days.
    then, yesterday they said it will be fixed tomorrow and funny enough today its still not fixed b:surrender