Decent APS character?

Vibba - Sanctuary
Vibba - Sanctuary Posts: 59 Arc User
edited February 2012 in Dungeons & Tactics
I wanna make an APS character just to get money for my Psychic (PVP) and Wiz (TW) faster, haha, but I don't know much about APS... What would be better, Sin or BM? Is a 3.3 - 4.0 aps character any good? Are they needed for Nirvana? Or only 5aps? Should I start working on a 3.3-4.0 char or not worth the money / effort if I can't get it to 5aps? I know I can't afford 5aps, that's TOO expensive. I don't mind spending real money on the game, but not extreme amounts, I'm not crazy... How much would it cost me (real money)? Sadly, since I'm not R9 on my casters (not even R8 yet, I'm working on that), I find it extremely hard to get into Nirvana squads, even caster ones. Sometimes my friends and guildies take me but that's not enough... So yeah. Also, how much extra money do I need for refines and gems for an APS char?
Post edited by Vibba - Sanctuary on

Comments

• XKi - Lost City
    XKi - Lost City Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Fish b:dirty Every squad needz fizh b:dirty
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    It's cheaper to gear up a BM. Fast Nirvana squads tend to favor sins over BMs though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Moginator - Sanctuary
    Moginator - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Its gonna cost you about the same either way, with sin or BM. With sin, you need to get rank 8. With BM you dont need r8, but the TT99 gold top/nirv top is expensive as hell to get. Not to mention alot of people look for a BM to be +10 with/or Demon HF and that **** is crazy expensive.
  • Protarius - Archosaur
    Protarius - Archosaur Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    +1

Either way u choose to go aps it will cost u some coins. If u go sin u will need r8, nirvy pants, tt99 boots, wrists, belt and nirvy daggers.... its a not cheap, but well... to get OP u need to empty some pockets first.

Enjoy!
  • Vibba - Sanctuary
    Vibba - Sanctuary Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Haha, and I thought I could get a decent aps char for 30-40 dollars and farm the money with it for my alts. In my dreams... xD Someone told me aps only gets expensive after 4.0, I guess it was a lie. I'm dropping this idea then, lol. Thanks all.
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    It's cheaper to gear a BM.

It's easier to farm with a Sin.

Posters already covered the gear above, but in terms of farming:

Sins come with their own BP. This is essential for farming.

Sins clear to BR faster, BMs clear BR faster. Overall runs, Sins are faster.

Sins and BMs clear TT at about the same rate-ish. BMs kinda make up for some of the time due to HF on the bosses. However if you die, or run outta BP for whatever reason - you'll need to get BP again as a BM. I've done the "Race against time" thing with a Sin of equal refines, it breaks about even.

Sins are essential for Nirvana runs, BMs are not. However, a BM is wanted due to HF.

TBH, if its farming, and only farming you're after, go with the Sin. If you plan to utilize it for other reasons, go BM.
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5