Archangle TT armor

Options
geochris
geochris Posts: 108 Arc User
edited November 2012 in Venomancer
I was wondering if it is worth it to me to get the Archangle Sleves and Archangle boots or should i aim for somthing else. The set will give me a chan of -9. I have the mats for both, but if there is something else i should do i will sell the mats. I have around 60m to work with, atm.

I am PVE, (AA). Also I have the rep for R8 once i get to lv100 (within the next week), so i will have R8 wep, chest and leggs. If you suggest something else i would appreciate it. Thanks a bunch

This is my current build.
http://www.ecatomb.net/character.php

import:

X+zFuV0UC�&ow�bb�7v�i2km0EF6HL414%4�v41
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Personally, I went for the archangel sleeves and legs, since I have a rather natty pair of boots already.

Same as you; mainly for the channel bonus.
  • Puberty - Harshlands
    Puberty - Harshlands Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Archangel wrists and boots are a common choice for most arcane classes for the exact reason you mentioned - 9% off your channeling. They also refine well and can become a decent thing to use for a long time if the sockets come out well.

Because I'm not a fan of wasting money (as I don't think anybody else is, really) I decided not to get them. Personally, I don't like anything that is automatically binding once you wear it. The second reason I chose not to get them is because I wanted to go for a lunar nirvana set for my end-game. It would be a complete waste of money to get the wrists and boots if you were planning on going for a set of armor that is not twilight nirvana for your end-game.

But ultimately it's your choice, they're great pieces of armor so I definitely would say go for it.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Get them if you want them or you feel that you want/need them. They are pretty good but there are other options.

I personally got them because I needed channelling (I herc-tank TTs for friends, myself, faction etc. a lot) and I'm considering getting TT-Nirvana gear at some point. Having an account stash, I share it with my Cleric so it's not an issue for me. I didn't like the rank 8 sleeves/boots anyway.

So choose according to your plans :P
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Chelestine - Heavens Tear
    Chelestine - Heavens Tear Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I've had the same dilemma about those exact two pieces for a long while, and with a smaller budget there's not really much choice, but I've finally made my mind up and decided to go with Archangel's Sleeves and Dancing Sparkle boots.

Reason for this is:
    - Sleeves are pretty cheap compared to any other options and have decent stats.
    - Dancing Sparkle boots are about the same price if not cheaper than the Archangel ones, and have MUCH better stats (in my opinion, I'd rather take the extra 100 hp and crit rate over dexterity), definitely worth getting rather than the extra -3 channeling from the set. They are also higher grade, which means higher base defence and better refine.

Links for comparison:
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/20288
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/14964

So bottom line, if you're willing to sacrifice the -3 channeling for the extra stats/defence, then this would be a better option at the same price range. You could always substitute one of the necklace/belts to get the bonus, but since you get the extra channeling from your rank top I wouldn't bother.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Find me at ♡ Chel's Creative Corner ♡ of the screenshot section! :3

pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1607021
  • Puberty - Harshlands
    Puberty - Harshlands Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I've had the same dilemma about those exact two pieces for a long while, and with a smaller budget there's not really much choice, but I've finally made my mind up and decided to go with Archangel's Sleeves and Dancing Sparkle boots.

Reason for this is:
    - Sleeves are pretty cheap compared to any other options and have decent stats.
    - Dancing Sparkle boots are about the same price if not cheaper than the Archangel ones, and have MUCH better stats (in my opinion, I'd rather take the extra 100 hp and crit rate over dexterity), definitely worth getting rather than the extra -3 channeling from the set. They are also higher grade, which means higher base defence and better refine.

Links for comparison:
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/20288
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/14964

So bottom line, if you're willing to sacrifice the -3 channeling for the extra stats/defence, then this would be a better option at the same price range. You could always substitute one of the necklace/belts to get the bonus, but since you get the extra channeling from your rank top I wouldn't bother.

I personally feel like those boots are a waste as they have absolutely no end-game potential unless you're using those as your end-game. (Which I don't think is a good idea because they're really not very veno-friendly)
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Personally, I'm using the soul reaper boots. ( http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/9360 ) Dancing sparkle's crit scares me.
  • BloodyQueen - Dreamweaver
    BloodyQueen - Dreamweaver Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I personally feel like those boots are a waste as they have absolutely no end-game potential unless you're using those as your end-game. (Which I don't think is a good idea because they're really not very veno-friendly)

I wouldn't say dancing sparkles are a waste. They are much much better than TT99 ones and with their price being so low now why not get them instead? As already stated above the extra 100+hp and crit rate are simply awesome over the dex points. True they have slightly lower resistances than archangel but how is dex gonna help ya?

I love my sparkles and I'm not thinking of replacing them with nirv boots yet... but that's just me. It's up to geochris to decide if he would want tt/lunar nirv boots later on or if he'll stop at tt99/dancing sparkles.
  • Aijou - Harshlands
    Aijou - Harshlands Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I wouldn't say dancing sparkles are a waste. They are much much better than TT99 ones and with their price being so low now why not get them instead? As already stated above the extra 100+hp and crit rate are simply awesome over the dex points. True they have slightly lower resistances than archangel but how is dex gonna help ya?

I love my sparkles and I'm not thinking of replacing them with nirv boots yet... but that's just me. It's up to geochris to decide if he would want tt/lunar nirv boots later on or if he'll stop at tt99/dancing sparkles.

Personally, I'd rather have a pair of OHT boots with 94x3 P-Def rolled on them over any of the above options until I got nirvana/recast/r9 to replace them.
  • Kittonia - Sanctuary
    Kittonia - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Sorry to bring up an old topic, but this is all I found in the search.

I finally got all the materials to make the sleeves and for some reason I can't place the Nirvana sacred legate bracers on the spot it goes on.

Am I doing something wrong?
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Sorry to bring up an old topic, but this is all I found in the search.

I finally got all the materials to make the sleeves and for some reason I can't place the Nirvana sacred legate bracers on the spot it goes on.

Am I doing something wrong?

Please don't post in threads older than 30 days old. It's called a necro and is against forum policy. I'm glad you got your answer in GD though. :)

-closed for necro-

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
This discussion has been closed.