Barbarians lvl80 skill

safrigans2
safrigans2 Posts: 0 Arc User
edited February 2012 in General Discussion
Well i was wondering if the skill is bugged somehow or if it's just a piece of **** in pve?
Cause it says it deals 120% base physical damage and it's kinda weird when it deals 2.3k to mobs lvl21 when my normal attacks deal 5-6k -.-
And for example a different skill that says it deals 100% base physical damage +1.5k is dealing 7k...

Sooooo, idk... i guess they really wanted to make the skill powerless cause if it dealt the same damage as other normal skills, it would be devastating in pvp since it deals triple damage to people in the air and has a huge aoe range.. but i think a little buff in pve would be nice.. since it's just useless... :D
Post edited by safrigans2 on

Comments

• Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide
    Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide Posts: 934 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    safrigans2 wrote: »
    Well i was wondering if the skill is bugged somehow or if it's just a piece of **** in pve?
    Cause it says it deals 120% base physical damage and it's kinda weird when it deals 2.3k to mobs lvl21 when my normal attacks deal 5-6k -.-
    And for example a different skill that says it deals 100% base physical damage +1.5k is dealing 7k...

Sooooo, idk... i guess they really wanted to make the skill powerless cause if it dealt the same damage as other normal skills, it would be devastating in pvp since it deals triple damage to people in the air and has a huge aoe range.. but i think a little buff in pve would be nice.. since it's just useless... :D

It's text description is wrong. level 80 version only does 40%. The lvl 100 version is the one that does 120%
  • Lyago - Raging Tide
    Lyago - Raging Tide Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Well, pretty much the only use I found for it, other than to stop kiters, is to pull an extra group while AoE grinding from far away. There was a theory someone had that it stole/reset aggro, but that was easily disproved.

But I guess keep in mind that it does have basically the largest range any skill can have, as well as the biggest area. Damage may suck, but at least it is useable in PvE. My suggestion: Next time you're on a run and the cleric/mystic gets heal aggro from a mob that's too far away for Alpha/Roar/BO/etc. Chuck this at it.

Other than that, enjoy the pretty fireworks.
    "Power Is Not The Same As Strength. Until You Understand This, You Will Never Be Able To Defeat Me." ~Wang Jinrei
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Well, pretty much the only use I found for it, other than to stop kiters, is to pull an extra group while AoE grinding from far away. There was a theory someone had that it stole/reset aggro, but that was easily disproved.

But I guess keep in mind that it does have basically the largest range any skill can have, as well as the biggest area. Damage may suck, but at least it is useable in PvE. My suggestion: Next time you're on a run and the cleric/mystic gets heal aggro from a mob that's too far away for Alpha/Roar/BO/etc. Chuck this at it.

Other than that, enjoy the pretty fireworks.

Was in a FC squad with some very obvious noobs, hit the new skill then arma on the first pull, beside all the yelling about how a barb shouldnt dd in fc they were in amazement of the pretty light show and how elite it was b:chuckle, it looks alot crazier than the dmg it can do.
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I like the skill, because it makes ppl go "wtf" when I use it, especially if I get like 4 or more mobs. It's a nice light show.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • TheFirst - Lothranis
    TheFirst - Lothranis Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    It's text description is wrong. level 80 version only does 40%. The lvl 100 version is the one that does 120%

oh, thats nice then :) thanks.

and yeah the light show is kinda cool ^^ and so cool when people are like "wtf!? why cant i fly O.o" xD
  • FatalFem - Heavens Tear
    FatalFem - Heavens Tear Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I don't personally have a barb so I don't know the full use of its skill but...:::

1. It looks stellar!
    2. My husband has a barb and in the new instance when he's running support in the Alpha area he can make the flyers drop. So it does have at least one good use.
    3. I haven't looked much at the skill description, but if you can use it in Pvp/tw it would be very useful in grounding flying attackers! I think this would not only be useful, but also be fun. hahahah!
    4. The damage it does isn't that high in comparison, however; it is an aoe skill and I think barbs needed another one of those.
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I don't personally have a barb so I don't know the full use of its skill but...:::

1. It looks stellar!
    2. My husband has a barb and in the new instance when he's running support in the Alpha area he can make the flyers drop. So it does have at least one good use.
    3. I haven't looked much at the skill description, but if you can use it in Pvp/tw it would be very useful in grounding flying attackers! I think this would not only be useful, but also be fun. hahahah!
    4. The damage it does isn't that high in comparison, however; it is an aoe skill and I think barbs needed another one of those.

Does this skill work on that ***** of a final boss in there?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
    edited February 2012
    Does this skill work on that ***** of a final boss in there?

I don't know.. I've never seen him try it. Tonight when we do the instance I will have him try and see if it works! Then try to remember to post about it here! hahaha!
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2012
    I don't know.. I've never seen him try it. Tonight when we do the instance I will have him try and see if it works! Then try to remember to post about it here! hahaha!

If it does I demand a barb come with me on every run after that with this skill lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
    edited February 2012
    If it does I demand a barb come with me on every run after that with this skill lol.

I Have found that the best run includes at least one barb, if not 2. Every run I do I have a barb and a cleric on support. Then of course other classes to a corresponding gem. Barbs when build as they were intended are awesome tanks with lots of HP. They are good in there to move from mirror to mirror and catch some mobs that would prohibit a few classes from reaching their mirror! Makes me sick to see barbs who have sold out past their intended role and put claws on and such! They have such useful skills in their intended form!

I really like the new instance and how it forces people to get a diverse unit of classes. Caster/Rage/Melee!! I think it is awesome and would love to see more new instances like it!
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2012
    I Have found that the best run includes at least one barb, if not 2. Every run I do I have a barb and a cleric on support. Then of course other classes to a corresponding gem. Barbs when build as they were intended are awesome tanks with lots of HP. They are good in there to move from mirror to mirror and catch some mobs that would prohibit a few classes from reaching their mirror! Makes me sick to see barbs who have sold out past their intended role and put claws on and such! They have such useful skills in their intended form!

I really like the new instance and how it forces people to get a diverse unit of classes. Caster/Rage/Melee!! I think it is awesome and would love to see more new instances like it!

I agree but I hate that ****ing bird I wouldn't mind it if he didn't move around that big *** circle and stayed ****ing put -.-; sorry that bird pisses me off so much even when using my seeker.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

• Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited February 2012

This.

But wait. The lv80 barb skill really does work on mobs? I've tried it a few times against standard flying mobs (lv40 Vipions and the like) and I've never seen it knock a mob to the ground.

That said, a 35m range is nothing to shake a stick at. Although the new Archer skill is even better for this purpose. That skill + a +2 Range weapon + Sage Winged Blessing = 42m range. :3 (for 20 seconds, anyway)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I agree but I hate that ****ing bird I wouldn't mind it if he didn't move around that big *** circle and stayed ****ing put -.-; sorry that bird pisses me off so much even when using my seeker.

I think the only way to put him on the gruond with that skill is to cast it on the add's when the boss is over you, but there is no garentee if the boss is imune to it or not.
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Sir_Puma - Raging Tide
    Sir_Puma - Raging Tide Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I did also notice that it doesn't drop flying mobs to the ground. But as it was mentionned, it's the barb's longest ranged skill. 35 meters away and hits 20 meters AoE from there ? I mean come on, u can theoriclly attract a mob that's 55 meters away... Agro wise though it won't do much to save anyone, as I think it generates 0 agro, BUT, if used before a cleric casts a IH, the healing "shoudn't" attract mobs.

As for testing it on last boss in Endless Universe, hell yeah, I didn't think of that and will test it for sure soon :)
    Proud supporter of the new expansion. Sure it has it's share of bugs, like any games. But for a pure farmer/grinder, that's a whole lot of new mobs to go beat up b:chuckle