Best Place to Farm high lvl dqs

Options
yeuem82
yeuem82 Posts: 0 Arc User
edited February 2012 in General Discussion
wondering where the best place to farm high lvl dq items.

Best places for which class to grind and farm?

Most common answer I get are VoS on avalanche crushers. Great for all classes. try it out i get low amount of dqs but this place is so common for everyone that can get there it is always crowded.

Any suggestion or comments from experience? Thanks in advanced for helpful comments b:victory
Post edited by yeuem82 on

Comments

• Haden - Dreamweaver
    Haden - Dreamweaver Posts: 376 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Spiders out on the boundless grasslands, due north of Surry wine camp if I remember correct. Was a good Aoe grind spot, so Zhenners would counstantly be there, until they decreased the drop rate. If you can get into it, OHT world 3 has a high amount of mobs to kill which deal mediocre dmg and give good exp and a lot of trash loot.

You could also try Heaven or Hell and might get some luck depending on which mobs you choose to fight, but, still unlikely to get good drops :\

Finally Pirates if you're low enough level near Sanctuary, or in Nightscream Island tend to, well used to tend to have good drops.
    Good intentions are like peeing yourself in dark leather pants, you get warm feelings inside, but it doesn't show.
  • Cheze - Lost City
    Cheze - Lost City Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    fb99 has good drop rate.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Avalanche Crushers in OVS is really the only good option for melee classes. Though I have seen particularly skilled barbs grind on the nearby Icewind Snipers / Nomads... All grinding in OVS is AOE grinding since the mobs there have such low attack and high density.

Lvl 96 spiders in the avalanche canyon is pretty decent but it is often crowded. These also have very low HP (really too low if you have high damage).

After that you can do Basilisks in the desert, these drop a decent amount of DQ as well as Reinforced Leather which sells pretty nice. The sand bandits are also fairly well clumped up but those have a ranged physical attack.

You can also do mobs in Old Unicorn Forest. These hit hard but have fairly low HP. The Sneakers to the south of the entrance and Wizards to the north have good density.

If you have very good gear you can even do the mobs in 4th map. These have very high damage, high hp, and high density.

I experimented some with mobs in Heaven / Hell but didnt find anything note worthy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    whenever you see a wraith attack show up in red chat and the city being attacked is one you visit withing 20 levels of your character, go there immediately. the lizards and sand snakes north of buried bones arent bad either.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Songtress - Heavens Tear
    Songtress - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    the only bad thing with wraith attacks it is always over crowded i hate fighting or ksing someone but those did tend to have better drop rates.

Thanks all so far for your replys.

I forgot about the spiders but those aren't great for melee class as much.

The 4th map of OHT some of the mobs are painful for barb/bm.

b:victory Thanks.
  • Furries - Dreamweaver
    Furries - Dreamweaver Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    i like to grind at OVS on the avalach crushers. however only 1 person can do it at a time really and its not an instance so its usually taken. and the repair costs are absurdly high.

so even with half the earnings going to repairs its still the best....
    Killing level 80's with a lvl 60 is a lot more fun than killing level 90's with a level 100.
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Have to agree about FB99 b:chuckle

After 100+ there isn't many mobs you can kill that actually drops good besides Spiders. Avalanche is always crowded with clerics thinking they own the entire area, so its like either start a massive KS/PK war against everyone there, or grind some where else. Otherwise you wont get many mobs. Spiders drop rate get kinda nerfed once you hit 101 as well.

Heaven/hell mobs drops absolutely nothing at all. I mean you can kill over 100 mobs and you get maybe 5 DQs. Desert mobs drops slightly better, but still depressing droprate.

Map 3 aoe spot is of course very good, but same as Spiders. Have to fight others if you wanna grind there since its very popular.

So if you have good enough gear grinding DQs in FB99 is pretty awesome lol. I did it on my sin to get medals, pretty much every mob in there drops at least 1 DQ.
  • XxZavxX - Raging Tide
    XxZavxX - Raging Tide Posts: 603 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I grinded DQ items with my catshop for my r9.

But the spiders next to avalance village seems the best since they're the lowest hp. Problem is the place can be heavily camped.
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I grinded DQ items with my catshop for my r9.

But the spiders next to avalance village seems the best since they're the lowest hp. Problem is the place can be heavily camped.

Was I in the wrong place? These are the level 96 spiders with 21k health right?

When I was flying over from snowy to avalanche, I saw a lot of those spiders, but no one around. But there were the 95 mobs there too.

Is there a place with just the spiders around? I want to know b:dirty
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • Valirah - Sanctuary
    Valirah - Sanctuary Posts: 522 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    You can also do mobs in Old Unicorn Forest. These hit hard but have fairly low HP. The Sneakers to the south of the entrance and Wizards to the north have good density.

DQ drop is ok here, but there is a 2 hour time limit before you get booted. Don't take a nap while here, else you may wake to find your corpse floating above those little flea buggers in OHT.
    b:sad
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I tried spiders on my 96 Cleric. Got like 2-3 DQ per pull of 10+ that takes like a couple of minutes to pull, keep my hp up and kill. It might get easier once I'm 100 with R8 but, I'll go back to AoE 3rd map on BM for now.
  • Neodaystar - Sanctuary
    Neodaystar - Sanctuary Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    DQ drop is ok here, but there is a 2 hour time limit before you get booted. Don't take a nap while here, else you may wake to find your corpse floating above those little flea buggers in OHT.
    b:sad

Since the blood spawns for 3 hrs, and then disappears for 3 hours; if your timing is well you can be in the OUF Map for a max of 'about' 5-7 hrs (excludes the time of traveling in between maps). Say if you already have the blood digged during the last 2 hrs the blood is not spawned, you can enter the forest for 2 hrs. Then for the next 3 hrs when the blood spawns, you can enter when ever you want. If you exit and re-accept the quest to dig the blood right before they disappears, you can enter for another 2 full hours. The mobs in there do seem to have a decent drop rate if you are range attacker killing them fast, and they mostly drop the lvl 90 dqs - the 35 dq pts ones. From my experience, the Avalanche crushers offers the best chances for fast dqs since you are killing about 25+ mobs in a matter of secs, and repeating this every minute or so.
  • bubbelgirl
    bubbelgirl Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    There r many good grinding spots in PWI...if u know were 2 look ofc b:chuckle

I'll tell u a few that r well know, & sum not so well know...

OHT 3 Avalanch crushers give u decent drops & exp over time
    In Heaven/Hell u should look 4 mobs of ur lvl+4, they got the best drop rate 4u
    but...1s u r +100 u can basiclly kill all,...
    b:quiet try Collector of Sooul mobs they r lvl109, fast respawn & good drops
    u can auto-path 2 them using encyclopedia/monsters/Collector then just click the name in brown...

Finally me personally 2 make coins fastest way....Solo Brim 2nd boss Ethereal
    ok he has 3mil hp, but he drops good stuff, 50-100k coins from drops & sumtimes mold or book with the sky demon pearl as my personal favorite, selling @
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Necro...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Necro...

Let go of his necro b:chuckle

Just incase someone sees this thread again, leapards in heaven are decient, and good exp too
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I know that this thread is a necro, but now I'm genuinely curious (since I cannot log in at the current moment to test it), are there any mobs that are better for clerics to grind than the spiders at avalanche, and how effective are the drops in Map 3 by comparison to them. (I'm genuinely curious on this.)
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011"

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
  • J_Voorhees - Heavens Tear
    J_Voorhees - Heavens Tear Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    eh, best place for archer imo is at spiders, kill them(most die in 1-2 shots), if you see a cleric use BoA on their pulls, and you get plenty DQs.

And all flying mobs with a magic attack and high density are good for clerics, try those phoenix mobs in heaven f.e.
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    eh, best place for archer imo is at spiders, kill them(most die in 1-2 shots), if you see a cleric use BoA on their pulls, and you get plenty DQs.

And all flying mobs with a magic attack and high density are good for clerics, try those phoenix mobs in heaven f.e.

Thanks for the info. I was asking, in case there was something that I missed, so that I could add it to my guide.

Also, just a sidenote... As a cleric player, I hate when people steal my mobs. I did work for them after all. There tends to normally be a sin, or someone else around that likes to AOE, or single target the mobs I'm pulling. I think that if you were to do this to me, I'd fake afk, and ks your mobs, or bring a boss to you... Most of the time...unless the player outgears me...I can steal them back though.
    b:laugh
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011"

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)