How EXACTLY do i do multi-client?

Ahmas - Archosaur
Ahmas - Archosaur Posts: 104 Arc User
edited February 2012 in General Discussion
i have the 2 accounts, how exactly do i do the rest? i cant have pwi open 2 times at once, not really possible. and there's not even any setting for putting the game in window mode.
Seekers = OP DD Clerics b:dirty

avi fail, lvl 101 char >.>
Post edited by Ahmas - Archosaur on

Comments

• OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    there is a way but i dont use one computer i use 2..wich to me is better
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • Brony - Raging Tide
    Brony - Raging Tide Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Open your computer folder -> Go to your C: drive -> Open the Perfect World Entertainment folder -> Open the Perfect World International folder -> Open the element folder -> Scroll down and open the elementclient application -> You're multi clienting.

You can right click the application file and send it to desktop as a shortcut so you don't have to do all that above every time you want to multi client.
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    and there's not even any setting for putting the game in window mode.

....Not going to mention how silly this statement is, if you didn't even try. <_< Open the in-game settings. Switch FULL to WINDOWED...

Next, find your Perfect World Entertainment folder. Open it. Open the Perfect World International folder. Open the element folder.

Inside should be a program called elementclient.exe. Shortcut that to your desktop. Click it.

Second window pops up. Log in the second account. Play. =)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • Ahmas - Archosaur
    edited February 2012
    and what is the way?

• Ahmas - Archosaur
    edited February 2012
    no clue how to put it in window mode, there's no option for that

• Dralighte - Harshlands
    Dralighte - Harshlands Posts: 1,540 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    and what is the way?
    you got 2 answers that explain you how, scroll up and read again
    <_< First, open the in-game settings. Switch FULL to WINDOWED...
    Open your computer folder -> Go to your C: drive -> Open the Perfect World Entertainment folder -> Open the Perfect World International folder -> Open the element folder -> Scroll down and open the elementclient application -> You're multi clienting.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kylin: thrashtalk everyone, win TWs, serious faction -Dralighte
  • Ahmas - Archosaur
    edited February 2012
    you got 2 answers that explain you how, scroll up and read again

i replied to oid before i saw their posts

• Ahmas - Archosaur
    edited February 2012
    i looked for the window mode setting, cant find it

• OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2012
    hey yo..you to slow blahahahhaaha

i hate to be in a arch server..that has to be one laggy server.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    edited February 2012
    ...How much simpler can it be? Open the in-game settings (it's the little computer icon), and in the first tab, at the top, should be two text boxes. One should hold the resolution settings since you're in full screen mode. Ignore that one.

The other should say FULL. Click it. It should now give the option between FULL and WINDOWED.

Click WINDOWED. Click APPLY or CONFIRM.

Edit: Thank you Ted for the awesome little screenie, it's exactly what I was trying to explain. :3 I'm stealing it for later.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2012
    oh warning:

If you are using second client to be as a store you may want to minimize window if you have the other window up at the same time.If some one goes to buy from your shop it will say service unavailable..this i know because i tested it on my shopb:bye
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    63rjgg.jpg

Click the little gear/cog icon in the lower right corner.

That brings up the menu you see above it. Click on the icon that looks like a computer monitor. That open system settings.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Ahmas - Archosaur
    edited February 2012
    oh and element client doesnt even work either

• Ivienn - Lost City
    Ivienn - Lost City Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    If you have a good computer you don't need windowed mode, you just need to alt+tab to switch between computers.
  • Dralighte - Harshlands
    Dralighte - Harshlands Posts: 1,540 Arc User
    edited February 2012

Go to patch instead of Element client and click again on Patch. I need to do that now... maybe you too as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kylin: thrashtalk everyone, win TWs, serious faction -Dralighte
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    edited February 2012
    Considering elementclient.exe is what you currently play the game on, it not working means you don't get to play the game at all.

Starting up the second client can sometimes be VERY laggy. My partner accidently opened 13 clients once because he was trying to dual client and was impatiently clicking.

I also mentioned that you should shortcut it to your desktop. I find that it runs better. I also sometimes use it to bypass the launcher if there isn't an update that day.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I also mentioned that you should shortcut it to your desktop. I find that it runs better. I also sometimes use it to bypass the launcher if there isn't an update that day.

Agreed. The only time I ever use the patcher instead of elementclient is on update days.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • ravenleandra
    ravenleandra Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    How Hard can it be to just say press "U" on your keyboard ingame for options(Default Settings).b:laugh
  • DragongodEV - Heavens Tear
    DragongodEV - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    b:begexactly wat i said i can't understand it. b:irritatedu use the same account? b:questionor do u make another 1?b:thanks
This discussion has been closed.