Somebody please help I'm begging you!

unabletoconnect
unabletoconnect Posts: 0 Arc User
edited February 2012 in General Discussion
I tried EVERYTHING and I still can't log in. What happens is I can get into the game after the patcher and inside the game I can see the "NOTICE" window and the latest news. But I can't log in.

Each and every time it waits for a few seconds than says "unable to connect to server". I can't see the pings and other stats of any servers, all I see is "---".
On my resource monitor I see "elementclient.exe" trying to connect but after the notice is done the send and receive rates don't go above 1B/sec.

I have recently downloaded and installed the game. No problems during installation or patch. I've reinstalled it like 3 times and still no good. I have disabled all firewalls, opened all ports, uninstalled all applications that the game may conflict with but still no good. And I can't get an answer to my gd ticket.

PLEASE I JUST NEED SOMEBODY TO HELP ME! Write EVERYTHING that you can think of in this thread, be it simple or advanced. Just help me.
Post edited by unabletoconnect on

Comments

• sachelfunlol
    sachelfunlol Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Several members of my faction on the west coast cant get past the login screen either, i first suggested the video card problem, but they did not have that card in question. Also heard from alot of other people that live on the west coast that can not connect. I could be a ISP routing issue
    Lets troll the forums together b:victory
  • unabletoconnect
    edited February 2012
    Several members of my faction on the west coast cant get past the login screen either, i first suggested the video card problem, but they did not have that card in question. Also heard from alot of other people that live on the west coast that can not connect. I could be a ISP routing issue

Well I'm in Turkey so I'm nowhere near the west coast. I also know people from random parts of Europe having the same problem so I doubt it's an ISP related matter.
  • sachelfunlol
    edited February 2012
    Well I'm in Turkey so I'm nowhere near the west coast. I also know people from random parts of Europe having the same problem so I doubt it's an ISP related matter.

Routing problems outside the home/office are always ISP problems, not matter if its yours PWI's or any link inbetween. Just because you are not in the same area or state much less the same country does not mean it is not related.
  • unabletoconnect
    edited February 2012
    So you suggest I wait and hope it gets fixed. I cannot believe moderators have the weekends off when the weekends are when the servers are fullest. And JUST after a gigantic patch.
  • sachelfunlol
    edited February 2012
    So you suggest I wait and hope it gets fixed. I cannot believe moderators have the weekends off when the weekends are when the servers are fullest. And JUST after a gigantic patch.

Moderators can only help you so much, they moderate the forum not the game. you would need to send in a support ticket at the contact us link on the home page. I would also suggest looking in the tech support section for similar issues or post a new thread there. The general section is not really for looking for tech support issues, it more on general game play. I hope you get it resolved as you and alot people are missing out on the new update.
  • unabletoconnect
    edited February 2012
    I have been waiting for an answer to my ticket for DAYS now. And I checked the knowledge base and I posted threads on the tech support forum but nobody answered.
  • sachelfunlol
    edited February 2012
    I have been waiting for an answer to my ticket for DAYS now. And I checked the knowledge base and I posted threads on the tech support forum but nobody answered.

Unfortunatly that is no suprise with the amount of issues that arise with this game, either from players or the game itself. All I can say is give it time. I know that is not the answer you would like to hear, but that is all I can supply.

This is the list of the url address of the servers from the config file. Try manualy pinging them all and see if you get a responce. If you do, then it is probaly a client to HAL issue with the the game client, which has effected some video cards.

US West
    [EN - PvE] Archosaur 29000:pwiwest4.perfectworld.com 6
    [EN - PvP] Lost City 29000:pwigc3.perfectworld.com 5
    [EN - PvE] Sanctuary 29000:pwigc2.perfectworld.com 4
    [EN - PvE] Heavens Tear 29000:pwigc4.perfectworld.com 3

US East
    [EN - PvE] Raging Tide 29000:pwieast3.perfectworld.com 20
    [EN - PvP] Harshlands 29000:pwieast1.perfectworld.com 9
    [EN - PvE] Dreamweaver 29000:pwieast2.perfectworld.com 10

Europe
    [FR - PvE] Lothranis 29000:pwieu1.fr.perfectworld.eu 54
    [DE - PvE] Momaganon 29000:pwieu2.de.perfectworld.eu 55
  • unabletoconnect
    edited February 2012
    I have no idea how I'm supposed to ping those, can you help?
  • unabletoconnect
    edited February 2012
    oh wait I got it, gimme a sec
  • unabletoconnect
    edited February 2012
    when I use commend "ping" in command prompt with "29000:pwieu1.fr.perfectworld.eu 54" it says could not find host so I have to exclude the port and the "54" at the end. And when I do that it says "request timed out" and gives %100 packet loss ratio
  • sachelfunlol
    edited February 2012
    when I use commend "ping" in command prompt with "29000:pwieu1.fr.perfectworld.eu 54" it says could not find host so I have to exclude the port and the "54" at the end. And when I do that it says "request timed out" and gives %100 packet loss ratio

Then the reply program is running on a non standard port or the ping shown on the server list is done withing the games link to the server, I tried them as well with no responce. So no luck there. Other alternative is to get a auto ping program to ping every port on the server and see if you get a reply. This will lag your bandwith for a bit as well. I ran tracert on the ip address of the server and came back with other 30 hops and died on te 10th hop ping. That probaly wont help you either if it is over 30 for me on the east coast US, no telling how many for you.
  • Pensil - Harshlands
    Pensil - Harshlands Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Did you installed or updated some firewall/antivirus program?
    It could be that now it blocks ports needed to connect to game.
  • unabletoconnect
    edited February 2012
    firewalls are updated and I disabled them to check but still no good :( this is getting too annoying and I wanna play this game
  • Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide
    Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide Posts: 934 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    How many threads are you going to post on this?
  • unabletoconnect
    edited February 2012
    How many threads are you going to post on this?

As many as it takes. I want to be able to play this game again.
  • PatrynRue - Sanctuary
    PatrynRue - Sanctuary Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    What version of windows are you running?
    Are you logged in with administrators rights?
    Are you running the game as an administrator?
    Is your firewall default set to block?
    If it is, do you have an exception to allow elementclient.exe and patcher.exe?
  • unabletoconnect
    edited February 2012
    What version of windows are you running?
    Are you logged in with administrators rights?
    Are you running the game as an administrator?
    Is your firewall default set to block?
    If it is, do you have an exception to allow elementclient.exe and patcher.exe?

elementclient, launcher, and patcher are in the exceptions. Admin account, the 3 .exe's stated are being run as administrator. And you can find my system info, tracert and dxdiag.txt here: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1305441
  • exquino
    exquino Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I tried EVERYTHING and I still can't log in. What happens is I can get into the game after the patcher and inside the game I can see the "NOTICE" window and the latest news. But I can't log in.

Each and every time it waits for a few seconds than says "unable to connect to server". I can't see the pings and other stats of any servers, all I see is "---".
    On my resource monitor I see "elementclient.exe" trying to connect but after the notice is done the send and receive rates don't go above 1B/sec.

I have recently downloaded and installed the game. No problems during installation or patch. I've reinstalled it like 3 times and still no good. I have disabled all firewalls, opened all ports, uninstalled all applications that the game may conflict with but still no good. And I can't get an answer to my gd ticket.

PLEASE I JUST NEED SOMEBODY TO HELP ME! Write EVERYTHING that you can think of in this thread, be it simple or advanced. Just help me.

Did you try to download and install directX 9c from microsoft, it should fix the problem.
  • unabletoconnect
    edited February 2012
    I have the DX end-user runtime installed so that's not the problem.
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    Jadsia - Lost City Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Do you have a router that is blocking PWI's server IP address? I know some companies in the US are actually targeting specific sites and specific content to throttle to restrict bandwidth. Netflix comes to mind. Also is there a possibility that perhaps PWI has placed a regional restriction for access to your location? These ideas may be out of 'your box' but maybe if you can't find out what's wrong inside your PC try poking around outside of it.

US West

US East

Europe

I tried pinging these ports and timed out just like you did. Maybe locate where you downloaded the game and go to the elements folder --> userdata folder --> server folder --> and find the serverlist file. It's a text document and should have the above listed servers on it.

Also in the userdata folder find the currentserver file and see if it has one of the above servers listed on it. Only one though. I'm on lost city so it has the lost city server on that file but not the number 5 after it.

Only other thing I can suggest is to download and reinstall from scratch. It's possible that you have a corrupted file or corrupted sector that file is at on your HD. It happens.
    I **** bigger than you...

Shut up and play the game.....Damn
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Do you have a router that is blocking PWI's server IP address? I know some companies in the US are actually targeting specific sites and specific content to throttle to restrict bandwidth. Netflix comes to mind. Also is there a possibility that perhaps PWI has placed a regional restriction for access to your location? These ideas may be out of 'your box' but maybe if you can't find out what's wrong inside your PC try poking around outside of it.

US West

US East

Europe

I tried pinging these ports and timed out just like you did. Maybe locate where you downloaded the game and go to the elements folder --> userdata folder --> server folder --> and find the serverlist file. It's a text document and should have the above listed servers on it.

Also in the userdata folder find the currentserver file and see if it has one of the above servers listed on it. Only one though. I'm on lost city so it has the lost city server on that file but not the number 5 after it.

Only other thing I can suggest is to download and reinstall from scratch. It's possible that you have a corrupted file or corrupted sector that file is at on your HD. It happens.

Yeah I had that problem as well, there are only 2 reasons for this, if you can connect. The reply to ping program is ran on a nonstandard port, or the ping you see in the server list at game start is handle through the client and server software.
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    edited February 2012
    elementclient, launcher, and patcher are in the exceptions. Admin account, the 3 .exe's stated are being run as administrator. And you can find my system info, tracert and dxdiag.txt here: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1305441

Are you running this game on the hidden admin account or the "pretend"
    admin account, either way its not required to have this run as a administrator, much less the patcher program. Not that this is your problem but is not something you need to do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    Jadsia - Lost City Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Yeah I had that problem as well, there are only 2 reasons for this, if you can connect. The reply to ping program is ran on a nonstandard port, or the ping you see in the server list at game start is handle through the client and server software.

It only makes sense to do that to prevent possible keyloggers or hackers from gaining access with 3rd party programs.
    I **** bigger than you...

Shut up and play the game.....Damn
  • unabletoconnect
    edited February 2012

Well the server lists are fine and I verified the files I downloaded and I don't think there's a restriction to this area since I know people playing from my country (Turkey). Maybe I can try calling my ISP to check if they have any IPs blocked.
  • unabletoconnect
    edited February 2012
    Would it help if I downlaoded the German or French version of the game? You know, it may be configured for my area or something. And I guess I can change the language in-game later on?
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    edited February 2012
    It only makes sense to do that to prevent possible keyloggers or hackers from gaining access with 3rd party programs.

In this context of already know the server addresses, your point is mute, but on the other hand, ping can be used to fine a computer at the other end of a ip address, or atleast a responce showing something is there, which is the whole reason for the ping program. Basic network trouble shooting. keyloggers get on your computer by either installing them yourself, visiting a web page with a week browser like IE, or installed by other seemingly valid software. Keyloggers themselves are not cracking tools, it is how they are used which makes the use legit or not.

With the lazynes of web programmers, its alot eaiser to do a ccs attack or just look at the source code of the web page, the love: up and down fiasco just iterates that point. That was not even a crack, much less a glitch. Hackers don't break things they create things. Its to bad the term hacker has been turned into a political word instead what they actualy are, but that is for another thread
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    edited February 2012
    Would it help if I downlaoded the German or French version of the game? You know, it may be configured for my area or something. And I guess I can change the language in-game later on?

This is something you should take up with support, you can try it, but if its a networking problem from some isp between you and the pwi game servers just downloading another version might not work.

But, using a proxy on the east coast for example even if it is slow and you can connect, that tells you some link between you and pwi is the problem.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • unabletoconnect
    edited February 2012
    This is something you should take up with support.

I WOULD do that if I knew they were gonna answer me. Trial and error seems much faster.