Wizard level 59 tanking his bh39. And since now x2 mold dropped.

Toliman - Raging Tide
Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
edited February 2012 in General Discussion
I not know how it going at other servers, but at Raging Tide you can't see many bh39 squads.

Exist days when it is impossible to find even one of them.

Last one was painfull for my Wizard (he was level 58).

In those squad were 2 venomancers, one of them level 77.

I spent 27 HP potions trying to hold aggro of Farren Sereneti waiting while 2 above veno will return to dangeon after their death.

They killed Farren Sereneti (I could not do it without HP potions - not thought that I will need so many on one bh39).

They brought level 65 Cleric with them.

I start to tank Calcid of the Flame and had been killed, because Cleric "not saw", that I am tanking those boss after 50 seconds of it.

So, my story is real.

Again I desided to do it without absent squad.

Cleric level 31 was with me.

Mobs and Calcid of the Flame were like joke for my Wizard after dance with Farren Sereneti in above run.

And here are Screenshots of fight with Hercule Trioc:

1. Start
2. Cleric's view
3. Mold
Post edited by Toliman - Raging Tide on

Comments

• hiddenmonkey
    hiddenmonkey Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Asside from Farren casters make the better tank for 39 because Calid is a joke and Trioc is a caster. Somewhere long long ago casters somehow got forgotten as the superior tank with their AA for caster bosses.
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    edited February 2012
    Asside from Farren casters make the better tank for 39 because Calid is a joke and Trioc is a caster. Somewhere long long ago casters somehow got forgotten as the superior tank with their AA for caster bosses.

One of the Venomancers said epical words: "Wizards are dd, they are not tanks."

I was surprised.
  • hiddenmonkey
    hiddenmonkey Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    One of the Venomancers said epical words: "Wizards are dd, they are not tanks."

I was surprised.

In the old old days Wizards were often called to tank bosses like Mantavip and Suzirix because they destroyed the bosses with little effort and little damage because of Glacial Embrace. And back then being epic was a bigger deal because it was way harder to level and there wasn't stuff like Nirvana and r9 and very few people even had enough rep for rank 6.
  • ravenleandra
    ravenleandra Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Wizard aint bad tanks as most bosses in bh39 are mag users.Seeing your hp your either a hybrid build thats more reliable build or you got some good shards/gear in.

I got a question tho how does a veno 77 die in bh39?Fail veno much?.My veno was in her 60's with a Shaodu Cub and could tank bh39 np.b:cute

Veno's depends on pet tends to showoff/play there golem like a herc some can do it some fails in General.

Hats off to u for tanking bh39.b:victory
  • beforesun
    beforesun Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I would say the Veno "lol" .. a lvl 77 veno can solo the whole BH39.. Even a lvl 60 can solo it.
    What for the Wizards as tanks : Yep they are can survive it, but the problem is keeping the agro.. You really need to tell a Archer to take breaks or he will get agro. Same for almost every other class.. Would be better to take a Psych, since they hit faster. But actually with mage bosses casters are far better tanks..

I still remember the times when I started on Archosaur.. I played a Psych back than and was often denied to tank BH59.. People often think in a really small box on this server.. Same goes for Archer tanks.. Almost never seen some on this server(exept for the APS ones).. But there are a lot of bosses that really go much easier with a Archer tank.. Too bad, that most ppl only think Tank must be either Barb or a high lvl APS sin..
  • _Ghoul_ - Lost City
    _Ghoul_ - Lost City Posts: 973 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    talk all you wish about r9 but aps is easy much cheaper to get and is a way better way to tank and farm so i do not get why ppl attack rank9

r9 barb cant still take the 5aps agro so plz ****

you seriusly do not know what ur talking about

aps made ppl more noobs then r9 as not everyone have r9 but everyone does have a
    freaking aps glitched toon
  • RageKill - Lost City
    RageKill - Lost City Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I love my veno. It can tank bosses so so easily. And solod a lot of its FBs/BHs.

But yes wizzy is great class to tank ranged magic bosses. Whoever thinks otherwise is the fail person. :)
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    edited February 2012
    ...Seeing your hp your either a hybrid build thats more reliable build or you got some good shards/gear in...

I am pure arcane Wizard.
    Hats off to u for tanking bh39.b:victory
    Thank you.
  • JSXJoe - Sanctuary
    JSXJoe - Sanctuary Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Yup, I must admit that OP did good iin his BH39 though to the fact, that this is nothing special. Some Years ago we used to tank everything with everyone so infact every class could be a tank if done right (and if it's neccessary to pot the hell out of it, then do so).

Nowadays any class can tank due to rank9 and APS craze. SOme can afford it, some not and thats what destroyed all the balance there once was.

I don't respect heavy Cashshoppers because they ruin the game (although they keep it alive as well xD) but I do respect ppl with "not so good" gears that are capable of tanking stuff and doing unusual things^^ An I heavely respect ppl that farmed for their rank9 and 5.0 APS and spent not a dime on PWI like some of my friends did =P

Cashshoppers might own me ingame and are superior to my powers ingame, but they will always but little nabs that actually bought a game instead of playing it xDD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I am really honered, ty b:victory

My Chars:
    101 Demon Blademaster. 101 Demon Barbarian,
    100 Sage Seeker, 100 Sage Cleric, 100 Demon Assassin,
    101 Demon Cleric, 93 Demon Archer, 101 Sage Venomancer,
    89 Demon Psychic, 100 Sage Mystic, 100 Demon Wizard
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    edited February 2012
    I don't respect heavy Cashshoppers because they ruin the game (although they keep it alive as well xD) but I do respect ppl with "not so good" gears that are capable of tanking stuff and doing unusual things^^ An I heavely respect ppl that farmed for their rank9 and 5.0 APS and spent not a dime on PWI like some of my friends did =P...

You can see at Screenshot that my Wizard has level 40 robe yet.

I have Ancient Arbor +3 *2 immac. saph. and better robe for level 60 though.

No, I am not "Cashshopper", because I had not paid for game real money.
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Shame on those venomancers. And good on you for playing the game the way it's meant to be played; at-level and to the limits of your ability.

Arcane tanking does seem like a lost art.
  • MeaMoeYao - Lost City
    MeaMoeYao - Lost City Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    talk all you wish about r9 but aps is easy much cheaper to get and is a way better way to tank and farm so i do not get why ppl attack rank9

aps made ppl more noobs then r9 as not everyone have r9 but everyone does have a

You, Mercher of gear directly from PWE, get the hell off the forums with your noob opinions, you quit already because you suck with r9 worse than most barbs in a 99 set, every time I've killed you, you QQ about aps, get over it already go sit in the failed char corner.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

//\\Futa\\// 101 BM - Chinatown
  • Riverwell - Archosaur
    Riverwell - Archosaur Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Holy Cow.
    You have more hp then I have now. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -
    Previous Enemy Executor
    Current SentineI Member
    -
    "I'm sorry, but if you cant aggro control, then you better have the gear/charm to back yourself up. And falling short of that, you simply deserve to die. It's PWI darwinism tbh." - DaKillanator - Raging Tide
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    edited February 2012
    Holy Cow.
    You have more hp then I have now. b:surrender

I have not tome yet and refinement level of my equipment not more than +1.

I have 6k reputation and proper rings though.

My equipment has good bonuses also.
  • SoulPeace - Sanctuary
    SoulPeace - Sanctuary Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    This reminds me of my old days
    (http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=8231682)

Great times in bh39.
    <-- Signature Space -->
    Once upon a time...
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    edited February 2012
    This reminds me of my old days
    (http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=8231682)

Great times in bh39.
    Leveled up to 60 yesterday.

Made full run (including Farren, tanking him, have screenshots) and leveled.

Tested my damage output in bh51, sometimes got aggro from barbarian level 68, but could not get it at boss since he used his aggro skills properly (very good barbarian).

I have not enough spirit for some skills yet, but it is not problem since I had not completed my cultivations 49-59 (I will tank bosses there later).
  • Haruzi - Lost City
    Haruzi - Lost City Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Shame on those venomancers. And good on you for playing the game the way it's meant to be played; at-level and to the limits of your ability.

Arcane tanking does seem like a lost art.

I tank metal when squad wipes.b:pleased The ancient art lives.
  • Haruzi - Lost City
    Haruzi - Lost City Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Leveled up to 60 yesterday.

Made full run (including Farren, tanking him, have screenshots) and leveled.

Tested my damage output in bh51, sometimes got aggro from barbarian level 68, but could not get it at boss since he used his aggro skills properly (very good barbarian).

I have not enough spirit for some skills yet, but it is not problem since I had not completed my cultivations 49-59 (I will tank bosses there later).

Hold off on tanking Wyvern. I wasn't able to tank him till about 100. His curse.... lol
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    edited February 2012
    Hold off on tanking Wyvern. I wasn't able to tank him till about 100. His curse.... lol

I know, tanked it at 80.

It is not possible without good Cleric.

I killed at level 79 General Feng though.
  • OJake - Raging Tide
    OJake - Raging Tide Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2012

Who here said anything bad about R9 or APS?

Who the Hell would use a R9 toon to "farm" R9 is meant for PK & i ****ing hope the R9 barb can tank better than 5aps toon, if not...just em...yea that word "FAIL"