Ban PKing in Secret Passage

doctordad
doctordad Posts: 4 Arc User
edited March 2012 in Suggestion Box
If you have a quest in the Secret Passage, then PK'ers should not be aloud to interfere with you or your squad members. PKing in a quest area should be banned alltogether. Please ban pking in those areas.
Post edited by doctordad on

Comments

• FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    The fact that they didn't announce it was bannable when they said it came back in by accident is hilarious.

Lazy GMs are beyond lazy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • mcfreakie
    mcfreakie Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I really hope this FAILURE by the PWE team does not occur EVERY time we have a new expansion. Since it was mentioned to be an error (locally) and can be fixed with a patch... I will EXPECT the very next patch to contain the fix for SP.

I sure hope this isnt some fail attempt to try slipping past last years blunder into this new expansion.
  • dragonboat
    dragonboat Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    PWI should have a GM in there banning everyone who is PKing. I just died in there trying to do a quest not knowing it was changed back to PK. I will not be playing PWI until this gets fixed. If I get into another MMO, I may never return.

The issue with PWI and why updates sometimes seem to go backwards is because PWI has many versions of PWI and changes that get implimented in the smaller patches sometimes disappear with the bigger patches due to the bigger patches taking longer to make. Hense the PK returning to the Secret Passage and the disappearance of some NPC's. This makes it very frustrating to the players. I have seen it happen many times.
  • CrusherJam - Dreamweaver
    CrusherJam - Dreamweaver Posts: 550 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Question, did you die or just get ported back to start?
    19k Hp and rising my goal is 20k unbuffed (would love 25k )
  • Zarachael - Sanctuary
    Zarachael - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    It was restricted before: They brought it back due to popular demand. It won't change any time soon.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1061771
  • Mr_SilverWan - Raging Tide
    Mr_SilverWan - Raging Tide Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    for those who like PK we should be able to see their names and factions...

those who don't like PK could outnumber them and they should not be able to see what hit them... besides is boring to see them when they cannot even kill Silverfrost alone...

as suggestion in order to PK in such instance they should get permission to do so, by killing first Silverfrost b:shutup

or help someone to kill the shade eido...

then then they could get a ticket to PK for like 2 hours... or maybe not !!!1b:kiss
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited February 2012
    It was restricted before: They brought it back due to popular demand. It won't change any time soon.

The current implementation is not what is referred to there. The PK they were talking about in the post was the same as old open-world PK, with all the risks involved. The PK in the current form allows any and all players to be killed, which is going to be fixed.
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Adding to Kritty's post~

It should also be mentioned that the instance being quoted is from the FIRST time this happened, when it took months to fix, but was eventually fixed because of, ironically, popular demand that it was a stupid change to begin with. This time they've broken SP on accident, and I'm pulling these words DIRECTLY FROM THE PATCH NOTES, it's already been changed back to safe internally and will just need a content patch to go live.

<_< Seriously, I feel like a broken record here. Read patch notes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • Semis_Inferi - Archosaur
    Semis_Inferi - Archosaur Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    cant they just close down secret passage,adjust the portal at the entrance to put you into the qingzi dungeon part of the instance,and move some of the old monster spawns from secret passage into the qingzi dungeon?

not sure :/ but in my experience usually code bugged areas like that get clamped down until the bug is fixed

in this other mmo i was in afew years bag,an area transition gate glitched..and caused the whole server to freeze and reset whenever someone entered the area....

so the GM there got creative (since the korean devs were being slow as tar with a fixer patch)

one of the GM fixed rapid spawn-points for dozens of kelvezu (really massive dragon like creatures similar to our world bosses) at the entrance to this area......anyone who approached was auto killed regardless of who they were....sure some people couldnt do there quests but it worked...it keapt things safe until the fix patch arrived

but given the situation here,i dont know what it would take to block off secret passage....i got my psy to lvl 56 so far...and didnt have to enter secret passage even once fer a quest (then again,sticking to culti quests and oracles seems to do that)

never had to do a culti in secret passage on my cleric either and she is lvl 84

im suspecting two things,that 1,only certain classes need qingzi for culti

or two,qingzi is not part of the culti itself,but rather the fb things that usually are availible at the same lvl as cultis

(the only time i ever had to kill qingzi was for call of duty : claws,)

so....we could maybe try fixing some world boss spawn points in sp?or if that dont work,make an insta-death mon that kills everything,it should keep the place clear
  • Corallyne - Dreamweaver
    Corallyne - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Honestly, listening to the whiners is the biggest entertainment. By the time you really need to be in sp you'll be around lvl 30. At lvl 30 you automatically get free wings. You can fly up and over all of the pkers. I do it frequently on my alt. Voila. The piers can have their fun and QQers can stop their whining. It's like magic.
    edited February 2012
    no it aint...you can still attack in the air you dippy...even a high lvl sin`s knife throw could shoot down a lvl 30 newb pretty easy

please pick a different point o.o
  • seakur
    seakur Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    PK IS BACK IN SP!!!

YAY, I like it big time.

as for the low lvl's being pk'ed. When I go there most of the times, alot of high lvl pk'ers protect the low lvls. No drama.

On a different note...

And indeed as my previous poster pointed out, a sin can still knife throw you from the air...
    Why always the sins... A bm can smack yo ***, a wizzy gush you, an archer will tab you... Etc. but mostly the low lvls get killed accidently by aoe's.

I like pk in there, it's fun.
    edited February 2012
    errr sorry if i seemed generic...you cant go 0.5 miliseconds without seeing atleast one rank 8 or 9 sin on archosaur...so that was jsut off the top of my head

but yeah,sins can knife throw....bm has that missile-ish thing ....archers,,,well your doomed trying to fly away from them...and the casters would have an easy time with flying fleeing people as a rule of thumb

>.> so yer it is nutty....nt only that,but atleast on archosaur,it seems the pvp glitches are mussing up things inside of certain towns...
  • xioelyvendor
    xioelyvendor Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    PWI Version 615 Patch Notes
    Released February 23, 2012

Not happening, even when known from last release, seems the WAIT is contagious, DQ, FBlinks, so many things on hold.
    As this has killed interest of a lot of new players joining who must do there quests and Bounty Hunters there, they rage quit, "you can play this dumb thing we're outahere" and so on from friends.

So Duke announces tokens day long in RED when player gets them, do it for Secret Passage, this is a suggestion forum isn't it?

Quick fix, BAN during the FIX if need to but dieing at lvl 40 on a bounty quest is frustrating, but to a new player, they just don't get the whole concept yet and dieing to them is grief. Can't even write some of the things they yell out.
  • GilgamCly - Raging Tide
    GilgamCly - Raging Tide Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    doctordad wrote: »
    If you have a quest in the Secret Passage, then PK'ers should not be aloud to interfere with you or your squad members. PKing in a quest area should be banned alltogether. Please ban pking in those areas.

I agree, most of the other ideas here span the issue. The place needs to be fixed to a Non-PK area, period. Having sections PK enabled won't suffice because some players do not have the decency to play by the rules, their version of fun is at everyone else s expense it's a sad truth I see all to often in game play, selfish self centered players.
    Rise to Become Mighty so on the Wings of the Leviathan We will Soar....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch! Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun The frumious Bandersnatch!" He took his vorpal sword in hand: Long time the manxome foe he sought -- So rested he by the Tumtum tree, And stood awhile in thought. And, as in uffish thought he stood, The Jabberwock, with eyes of flame, Came whiffling through the tulgey wood, And burbled as it came!--Poem part by: Lewis Carroll
  • GilgamCly - Raging Tide
    GilgamCly - Raging Tide Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Honestly, listening to the whiners is the biggest entertainment. By the time you really need to be in sp you'll be around lvl 30. At lvl 30 you automatically get free wings. You can fly up and over all of the pkers. I do it frequently on my alt. Voila. The piers can have their fun and QQers can stop their whining. It's like magic.

STOP Making excuses for this BAD Game Play ideas and Snaffoos and just fix the damn thing.
    Rise to Become Mighty so on the Wings of the Leviathan We will Soar....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch! Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun The frumious Bandersnatch!" He took his vorpal sword in hand: Long time the manxome foe he sought -- So rested he by the Tumtum tree, And stood awhile in thought. And, as in uffish thought he stood, The Jabberwock, with eyes of flame, Came whiffling through the tulgey wood, And burbled as it came!--Poem part by: Lewis Carroll
    edited February 2012
    check the announcement sticky in general discussion,you got yer wish :D they have banned it...anyone who does it will be destroyed
  • lordkobal
    lordkobal Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    The otheer day a faction mate a lvl 34 sin was pked in there by a lvl 60+ veno , than I came in looking for her I am a 102 5 aps sin 4.0 base and she atacked me BIG Mistake , but any ways a ticket was sent in with screen shots of her . Will she get banned ? I doubt it .
    Just be smart any one pking , other people play this game let them do there quests if you are board help them
  • AnnBlackfire - Archosaur
    AnnBlackfire - Archosaur Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    it is a bannable offence, and people do end up getting banned. But griefers and idiots keep thinking it's funny to abuse this bug. I suggest having a GM watch over this area 24/7. This includes the other areas that have this odd bug until fixed. This makes it a lot easier to ban these griefers. No warning, just ban for ever. Unless it is a obvious misunderstanding, there are enough that are dumb enough to stand infront of a npc while others try to kill this npc. And finding it funny to call in a GM just because they are to dumb to understand they shouldnt stand there. b:victory
  • CrusherJam - Dreamweaver
    CrusherJam - Dreamweaver Posts: 550 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    +1 Necro Bot
    19k Hp and rising my goal is 20k unbuffed (would love 25k )
  • ChetanRae - Archosaur
    ChetanRae - Archosaur Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I know that DIOS_GUERRA had PK'd me three times just in the first room, and he tried again later further into the maze.
  • AnnBlackfire - Archosaur
    AnnBlackfire - Archosaur Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited March 2012

No names, isn't allowed here. Although I rather see these abusers pinned to the wall with name and any other information available, even IPs! b:chuckle