Treasure Hunting

13»

Comments

• sachelfunlol
    sachelfunlol Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Finally got my first 5th map. lol Boss was kind of nasty, self buffs, bramble b:shocked
    But I killed him with my mystic healing Bm and reward was 2 chrono pages and 20 tome frags in the end :3 And a nice chunk of exp and rep :D

b:victoryb:victory
    Lets troll the forums together b:victory
  • ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I got to the 5th boss today, only 2nd time to get past map 1. Last boss is nasty... The 1 mil xp was nice when he spawned, but lost 900k of it when I died b:laugh But called in some faction mates and we killed it, I ended up getting 12 chrono pages a flawless gem and an immaculate gem from everything b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
  • DemansPsy - Lost City
    DemansPsy - Lost City Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    You can currently get several maps dropped from the same boss though. That means sometimes you are getting 4 or more pages as opposed to just 1. On average the reward is 32 times better than what it is outside of 2x.

yes you can, because the sever counts the drop 2 times instead of once example for a map 3 chance of boss dropping a map is 30%, so it rolls a die/flips a coin/ etc for that drop, weither u land on that 30% or not, afterwards it rolls another die for a second chance of getting a map at 30%, so you can get 0, 1 or 2 maps, now the chance to get at least one map is 1-chance to not get a map, and since the sever counts the drop twice, you square that chance to not get the map in the equation resulting in:

1-.7^2 which equals 51% chance to get at least 1 map drop,
    so there 49% chance to get 0 maps
    a 9% chance to get 2 map drops (.3*.3)
    and a 42% chance to get just 1 map drop(.3*.7+.7*.3)

end result is it's 1.7x better chance to get a 3rd, 4th or last map form bosses during 2x, 1.8x better chance to get a 2nd map you get 2 chrono instead of 1 from last boss which is 2x more stuff = 17.69x higher profit from 2x than non 2x from maps
    full 3r9 +11/12 (still using immac shards though) w/o CSing, leveled to 105 spaming pv, yes i have no life =D
  • Bosk - Sanctuary
    Bosk - Sanctuary Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Here is a link to one of the treasure chest bosses.

It shows a 20% chance to drop the next map. This is what we can expect after x2. A 1/5 chance to move on each time.

The probability appears to change based on the Boss that has to be fought. The Map 1 Bosses have a 20% chance of dropping Map 2 in most cases (a few have only a 10% chance and 1 is only 5%). Unfortunately, PW DB does not yet have the associations between the quests and the Bosses, so it is not clear how often the 5% or 10% bosses might appear.

For the second, third and fourth Bosses, the chance to drop Map 3, 4 or 5 increases to 30% in most cases. Also, there appears to be 4 different maps for Map 5.

Considering 2x (which is only available for a few more hours) the probabilities increase to 36%, 51%, 51% and 51%.

Therefore, the chances are something like this:

Map Dropped - Prob - Total Prob - Total for 2x - More likely for 2x
    Map 1 - 100% - 100.00% - 100.00% - 1.00x
    Map 2 - 20% - 20.00% - 36.00% - 1.80x
    Map 3 - 30% - 6.00% - 18.36% - 3.06x
    Map 4 - 30% - 1.80% - 9.36% - 5.20x
    Map 5 - 30% - 0.54% - 4.78% - 8.84x

Thus for 2x, getting Map 5 is 8.84 times as likely as for 1x.

Prizes appear to follow this pattern:

Map 1 Boss: 30K EXP, 6870 Spirit, 10K coins, 25 rep, Must be lvl 60+
    Map 2 Boss: 55K EXP, 12430 Spirit, 20K coins, 50 rep, Must be lvl 70+
    Map 3 Boss: 130K EXP, 29380 Spirit, 30K coins, 75 rep, Must be lvl 80+
    Map 4 Boss: 250K EXP, 56.5K Spirit, 40K coins, 100 rep, Must be lvl 90+
    Map 5 Boss: 500K EXP, 113K Spirit, 50K coins, 150 rep, Must be lvl 100+

There are several bosses that have slightly different values.

Map 5 Bosses also drop special items that can be converted to Chrono Pages and other useful items. There is a 100% chance of dropping one item, which means two items will drop during the 2x bonus (this too might vary for different bosses).

Final boss drops are obviously worth a great deal, but players need to be level 100 to open the Map. Therefore, players who get Map 4 or 5 that are not lvl 100 might consider selling the maps.

During 2x, paying 88,888 coins is probably worth the risk: there is about a 1 in 21 chance of getting to the fifth boss, so paying an average of about 1.9m coins should earn at least that much back again from the fifth boss (2 prizes). For 1x however, the odds drop to about 1 in 185, which means an average of one Map 5 boss for every 16.5m coins spent, and the rewards will be only 1 prize.

Good Luck!
    Dante: "Cute is a relative term."
  • Pyrostormz - Raging Tide
    Pyrostormz - Raging Tide Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    cant use last map, my level is to low 0.o b:surrender

775k exp was nice though
    ┌─┐
    ┴─┴
    ಠ_ರೃ
  • WhipThis - Lost City
    WhipThis - Lost City Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I got a Skylord 5th map. Anyone know if the bosses are soloable? Don't wanna spawn it, only to die and get KSed.
    Thanks for any infos b:cute
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I got a Skylord 5th map. Anyone know if the bosses are soloable? Don't wanna spawn it, only to die and get KSed.
    Thanks for any infos b:cute

No. The bosses got reflect and other nasty self buffs. Try soloing it and you're dead in about 5 seconds. I literally did that. And so did my friend who has a 14k hp 5 aps +10 clawbarb.

I duoed it with a barb where he tanked and I used my Heaven Shatterer from range. Took 20 minutes.

I suggest you just bring a cleric and a ranged DD. The drops ARE pretty good, usually. 4 or 12 Chrono Pages plus a random G10 shard.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • WhipThis - Lost City
    edited February 2012
    I died like a bad troll. Luckily my friends were able to take it down. A veno tanked it on her nix. Drops were 2 ancient emperor's bone. Nothing else.

Edit: This boss was a skylord book and the location is just north of village of the brutes. He has a nasty bramble and aoes.
  • MoonsMyst - Heavens Tear
    MoonsMyst - Heavens Tear Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    i noticed on heaven tear in ah and in wc ppl selin like crazy those crono pages so i cant wait price to drop on 50k coin like apocalypse pages so i can make cheap lvl 100 skills, woho long live treasure hunter.
  • DemansPsy - Lost City
    edited February 2012
    i noticed on heaven tear in ah and in wc ppl selin like crazy those crono pages so i cant wait price to drop on 50k coin like apocalypse pages so i can make cheap lvl 100 skills, woho long live treasure hunter.

Read above posts, this daily only good during 2x
    full 3r9 +11/12 (still using immac shards though) w/o CSing, leveled to 105 spaming pv, yes i have no life =D
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Friend got 16 pages + incomparable amber today from this event XD (3 bosses altogether, but during one map 2 bosses spawned)

Apsed himself to death on the last boss though. b:chuckle
    I have no problem tanking on archer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Tbh I had no trouble with bramble on my map 5 boss o_o I just waited til it wore off and then went on attacking lol
    But from what it sounds like, I had the easiest of all bosses x'D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • WhipThis - Lost City
    edited February 2012
    Friend got 16 pages + incomparable amber today from this event XD (3 bosses altogether, but during one map 2 bosses spawned)

Apsed himself to death on the last boss though. b:chuckle
    I have no problem tanking on archer.

That happened to me too! Thought it was only me. No complains though as 2 map 4 dropped. Most I saw was 3 bosses at the same time. Same loot on all b:thanks
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I been multiclienting on this and my veno - eventually my veno ends up with both maps so I quit out with this char and continue on the veno.

I been getting lots of bosses and more maps but no good drops yet - only 2 of those things you swap for 20rep
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Just finished a Treasure Map 5 boss, that bramble is annoying, and will kill you if you aren't careful with 5.0 APS.

Just glad I logged my cleric alt and easily took it down, also I LOVE my purge pole more now.

b:pleased

I currently have 2 Nexus Pills.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Sheswes - Heavens Tear
    Sheswes - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,216 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    what a ****... did it 7 times already and only coins droped from the 1st bosses >.<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    scruuuuuuuubs killa b:cute Nation War champion b:cool
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    what a ****... did it 7 times already and only coins droped from the 1st bosses >.<

Yeah betweem my sin and barb, i made it once to map4 on barb(far as he could go) but i did getthe item for 20 frags, that was nice

On a bad note, a few people have been camping spawn points to kill steal the bosses. This needs to be put down right now before it gets out of hand
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    On a bad note, a few people have been camping spawn points to kill steal the bosses. This needs to be put down right now before it gets out of hand

Happened to me today, had a 4th map boss KSed. It dropped 2x 5th maps b:sweat

This daily can go **** itself.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MoonsMyst - Heavens Tear
    MoonsMyst - Heavens Tear Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    x2 or no x2 still there is alot ppl doin this every day with tons of they mains and alts, it will come to point atleast one day whan price of those mats will be very cheap, its not like u can learn alot lvl 100 skils specialy whan there is tons of ppl who didntdo they cultis till the end and most lvl 100 are ****.
    edit: nowit u cannot stop ppl bein greed and thats why they camp and whan x2 ends will camp even more, its not like u have some police here who will stop u.
  • DemansPsy - Lost City
    edited February 2012
    x2 or no x2 still there is alot ppl doin this every day with tons of they mains and alts, it will come to point atleast one day whan price of those mats will be very cheap, its not like u can learn alot lvl 100 skils specialy whan there is tons of ppl who didntdo they cultis till the end and most lvl 100 are ****.
    edit: nowit u cannot stop ppl bein greed and thats why they camp and whan x2 ends will camp even more, its not like u have some police here who will stop u.

during non 2x the chrono pages should not drop in price, read other posts in this thread, if the %s in pwdatabase for the map drops are acutrate its going to cost around 16mil per chrono page from this daily on average during non 2x