My exp with new gear

Tadpole_ - Archosaur
Tadpole_ - Archosaur Posts: 39 Arc User
edited February 2012 in Assassin
So I got excited after reading a little bit of the posts on the new free(lvl 95) gear and weapon and had to check it out. My char is 96 1.83(or 1.87)/2.5 aps. I have +3 hooks and the rest is +2 with flawless citrines.

I logged in to check the new stuff out, I was around snowy. I killed a few glacial seeds with my current set-up and then some with the new shhtuff. What I found out was that there was almost no difference. My dmg with hooks were about 200 less and the dmg taken was a little less. I wasn't buffed at all except bp, so if something would make a difference please let me know.

My point is, what is with all the hype? I don't mind hitting a little less because with the extra aps mobs died quicker and hp went up better. Is it the refines? Shards wouldn't make THAT big of difference. Any advice or helpful tips would be much appreciated.
Tadpole_ FTW
Post edited by Tadpole_ - Archosaur on

Comments

• sachelfunlol
    sachelfunlol Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    So I got excited after reading a little bit of the posts on the new free(lvl 95) gear and weapon and had to check it out. My char is 96 1.83(or 1.87)/2.5 aps. I have +3 hooks and the rest is +2 with flawless citrines.

I logged in to check the new stuff out, I was around snowy. I killed a few glacial seeds with my current set-up and then some with the new shhtuff. What I found out was that there was almost no difference. My dmg with hooks were about 200 less and the dmg taken was a little less. I wasn't buffed at all except bp, so if something would make a difference please let me know.

My point is, what is with all the hype? I don't mind hitting a little less because with the extra aps mobs died quicker and hp went up better. Is it the refines? Shards wouldn't make THAT big of difference. Any advice or helpful tips would be much appreciated.

Its the slaying and warding level's. Each level is around 1.86% increase in damager per slaying level and similar defense on the warding level. With the new PVE daggers they are better used with more interval gear for more gains that you can get from hooks. The rest of the gear I have not realy tried as it is way inferior to my own. I am only interested in the dagger dmg for testing.
    Lets troll the forums together b:victory
  • Pyrostormz - Raging Tide
    Pyrostormz - Raging Tide Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    you sure your measuring right

my +2 level 95 daggers with 1 flawless garnet are doing around 10% more then my +5 H&T with 2 perfect garnets

the loss in aps kinda negates the difference, but with equal refines, ect, the new daggers should be much better
    ┌─┐
    ┴─┴
    ಠ_ರೃ
  • sachelfunlol
    edited February 2012
    you sure your measuring right

my +2 level 95 daggers with 1 flawless garnet are doing around 10% more then my +5 H&T with 2 perfect garnets

the loss in aps kinda negates the difference, but with equal refines, ect, the new daggers should be much better

Not sure who you where responding to but all you have to do is mouse over the in the char screen on slaying levels and will tell you the dmg increase. Which shows 39% dmg increase with 45 slaying levels. 39/45 is 1.86%~ increase per level warding is right at 1.78%~ per level with a full lvl 95 pve set
  • Brony - Raging Tide
    Brony - Raging Tide Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Pyro was referring to the OP.

At 95, the -0.05 int from H&T shouldn't be a factor to take into account when comparing the two, since you don't really have that many -int parts where -0.05 will make a huge difference.

45 warding levels in PvE is quite a boost to take into account. Not only will it be better than H&T, the % increase alone covers more than the small -0.05 int that's lost.
  • sachelfunlol
    edited February 2012
    Pyro was referring to the OP.

At 95, the -0.05 int from H&T shouldn't be a factor to take into account when comparing the two, since you don't really have that many -int parts where -0.05 will make a huge difference.

45 warding levels in PvE is quite a boost to take into account. Not only will it be better than H&T, the % increase alone covers more than the small -0.05 int that's lost.

Ah yes I see on what he ment, and yes at the slayling levels as well, my damage test's at +4 with no shards make me beleive they will compete with g13 nirvana with enough ref and 2 sockets if not exceed it in pve.
  • Tadpole_ - Archosaur
    edited February 2012
    Ok, so the refines and shards make all the difference then? As I said based on calcs and all that, I figured I'd be hitting mobs harder, but just looking at then actual numbers when I hit, it wasn't that dig of a difference. One more thing though....in your opinion the new dags are good, but keep my current gear? Thank you all for the responds.
    Tadpole_ FTW
  • sachelfunlol
    edited February 2012
    Ok, so the refines and shards make all the difference then? As I said based on calcs and all that, I figured I'd be hitting mobs harder, but just looking at then actual numbers when I hit, it wasn't that dig of a difference. One more thing though....in your opinion the new dags are good, but keep my current gear? Thank you all for the responds.

Well a guildie in my guild 96ish put his hooks in storage and is now using the g12's. I suggest to keep both, but not refine the g12's no more than 5 or so, the -int gear you will obtain at 99 will make up for it, as well as a cape and tome, then eventualy r8 chest and nirvana 2nd cast leggs. Use them both, you may get different advantages with one set over another, before the new g12's I always had a 2nd pair of daggers with me, just incase i overlooked the need of repair.

Your end game weapon should be thought of well, if you are going to be pve only, no tw/pk ect, go with the lvl 101 g15's in new area, if you plan on pk and tw, get R8 or R9, g13 nor g15 nirvana can compete with the spike dmg ability, not even counting a full R9 sin.
  • Tadpole_ - Archosaur
    edited February 2012
    Thank you very much I refined a lil and threw in a shard and could tell the difference. I will be PvE so I will stick witht he new weapons. Thank you once again.
    Tadpole_ FTW