• Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Hmmm then it doesn't work in Frost...

I killed a Snowy Familiar with nothing on : 200 exp
    With Brew on : 200 exp
    With Brew and hypers : 1300 exp

Ijs, but that's not even 12x the exp of the normal kill b:shutup

It's doubles so the initial 2 exp is really 1 exp base. This brew seems to take the base experience and x5 and then doubles and hypers work off that new base and not 1. For instance:

1 base experience from mob (ghoul)

1 exp x 5 (brew) x 13 (hyper + doubles) = 65 exp (what I got with everything on)
    1 exp x 5 (brew) x 2 (doubles) = 10 exp (what I got with only bew on)
    1 exp x 5 (brew) = 5 exp (what I would get if it wasn't doubles)

I can also confirm that it doesn't work in frost. What a bummer I was getting so excited. b:sad
    I can also confirm that it doesn't work in VoS.

Seems the only place it works is main map, I'll test out more spots, but this seems like a bust to me. :(
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • PhantomThief - Archosaur
    PhantomThief - Archosaur Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Hey, if nothing else, the brew will give people incentive to do zhen style exp squads again.
    A sword can cut a man in twain, but words can shake a fortress to the ground.
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2012
    Hey, if nothing else, the brew will give people incentive to do zhen style exp squads again.

for 1 mil coins you can get 100x the experience doing heads then even using this brew.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited February 2012

Where? Dunno if you've visited the main map lately or not, but xp values and mob availability for 101s kinda sucks for zhen.

I've been all over, and unless I missed somewhere special, there are no Rockens, Pirate, or Seaweed like areas for 101+.
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
  • OontzOontz - Dreamweaver
    OontzOontz - Dreamweaver Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited February 2012

Ijs, but that's not even 12x the exp of the normal kill b:shutup

It's double exp, so normal is actually 100 exp x 13.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2012
    I'm still waiting for a GM response. I want to know if it's working like it should, or if it's messed up.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• Kinjeto - Raging Tide
    Kinjeto - Raging Tide Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited February 2012

So in short.

*Some* new skills; Crappy XP quest; and PWI still milking the cow for all it is worth. Next...

Ah well doesn't matter there are more exciting things coming out. Haven't fed this product in over a year.

What about new gear for 105? If there isn't then my answer is still... M E H.

Time won't wake/make you wiser, but it will definitely wound you.
    b i t . l y /
    I was a man of ideas and action, but at the same time a gentleman. -- S a Z T u R
    Subtly is never my strong point, but I like to find the gaps in walls and the cracks in bricks.
    Are you kind of seeing what I'm saying. b:bye
  • warcrafte
    warcrafte Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    so we got no answers yet guess gms won't bother reading the thread or don't have any answer they just apply the new codes that china send no new 103+on sever i guess it sucks really now if u're making a sin even if he has 12k hp he's gonna get owned by a good r8 player sin who glitched fc nd made it to 105 :P
  • fuzzywuzz
    fuzzywuzz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I'm still waiting for a GM response. I want to know if it's working like it should, or if it's messed up.

As soon as the panda can, he will get ahold of a GM and seek a response to this issue.
    [SIGPIC]Need to talk to Fuzzy?[/SIGPIC]
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • Ikarium - Dreamweaver
    Ikarium - Dreamweaver Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Where? Dunno if you've visited the main map lately or not, but xp values and mob availability for 101s kinda sucks for zhen.

I've been all over, and unless I missed somewhere special, there are no Rockens, Pirate, or Seaweed like areas for 101+.
    You don't have the chrono maps open? Plenty of zhennable lvl150 mobs in Valley of the Scarred.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Chrono maps =/= main map. Traz has verified Morai Brew doesn't work in OVS.

Tried Deserted Sea area? Or even the 98 goothes up around Avalanche Mountain.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Drakaniel - Heavens Tear
    Drakaniel - Heavens Tear Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    If it doesn't work in Frost, what's the point ? I'll get more exp soloing FC w/o that crappy item than "zhening" anywhere on the main map with it.

And I thought this Brew was genius dev slacking cuz it saved them the time and code of making a new high-levels exp instance b:laugh
    [SIGPIC]"http://pwinsider.wordpress.com"[/SIGPIC]

Registered on 2008-11-30 10:07:44
  • Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide
    Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide Posts: 934 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    If it doesn't work in Frost, what's the point ? I'll get more exp soloing FC w/o that crappy item than "zhening" anywhere on the main map with it.

And I thought this Brew was genius dev slacking cuz it saved them the time and code of making a new high-levels exp instance b:laugh

Such a charming personality for the head of PW Insider b:sad

Oh well, at least Mayfly, Warren and Pyro are pleasant to deal with.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    You realize, this comes from China where you can't hyper in Frost? It might be a bigger deal there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    You realize, this comes from China where you can't hyper in Frost? It might be a bigger deal there.

But why in Pangu's name would they make it so you can't use it in OVS? Can the Chinese not hyper there, either?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • NightLace_ - Sanctuary
    NightLace_ - Sanctuary Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    dont forget to mention its 1 chip +8k coins :3
  • warcrafte
    edited February 2012
    can a GM just answer it so we can close the thread plz no one gave us a clear answer those orbs r not a way 2 reach 105 i guess.....
  • _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver
    _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 753 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Bumb Fo GM to Answer
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I Miss the old days of PWIb:surrender
  • warcrafte
    edited February 2012
    hope we get a gm reply soon i mean if they don't answer in game let them AT LEST answer 2 forums and can a mod or something help us get a gm's attention plz....
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2012
    FuzzyWuzz wrote: »
    As soon as the panda can, he will get ahold of a GM and seek a response to this issue.

Still waiting :(
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• Shayd - Raging Tide
    Shayd - Raging Tide Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Buy something from cash shop for 1000$ you have immunity for goon glitching
    Mystic: 99 lvl (Main)
    Psychic: 96 lvl (Alt)
    Assassin: 78 lvl (Retired)
    Cleric: 75 lvl (Retired)

Big bumpy ride since 2008
  • fuzzywuzz
    fuzzywuzz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Still waiting :(

Hopefully they will be in the office this morning. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC]Need to talk to Fuzzy?[/SIGPIC]
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2012
    FuzzyWuzz wrote: »
    Hopefully they will be in the office this morning. b:surrender

*waiting* ........
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    *waiting* ........

Not going anywhere for a while?

Here, have a Snickers. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2012
    Not going anywhere for a while?

Here, have a Snickers. b:chuckle

Already have 3 and a kit kat
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary
    AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary Posts: 555 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Already have 3 and a kit kat

are there any Cherry Ripe's ?
    All you need is something to believe in. -Solar_one. <-- <3 mah snoockums, mah hubby, mah eberyfing. :3

Lag; You think yours is bad ? It took Jesus 3 days to Respawn !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Current games aren't -games- anymore, just light shows operated by win buttons, lol."
    "ah sh*t, were gonna die!.... but it's still cool!" -INTMDATOR
  • Sir_Puma - Raging Tide
    Sir_Puma - Raging Tide Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Let's see now about those "additional ways to get to 105"

They never really said it would be tens of millions a day, but let's just list what the new expansion gave us to "help" gain exp..(I will list ALL I know, even if not much...)

- The treasure chest daily

Exp goes up "fast" if u are lucky to get map 2 , then 3, 4 and 5. With a bit of luck, 1/4 million exp and it's daily.

- Lucidsilver Npc's

Ok, this is MINIMAL, I will say, but if u get 5 fantasy fruits, it is a daily 25k exp...b:surrender

-The whole new quest chain

Although it's aint repeatable, if u add up ALL the exp from all the quests, pretty sure it's something like a 10 millions exp total. (Last quest gives 5 mils, one gives 1.5, other varies, so yeah..close to that...)

-Divine orders from ur orders

This is also "free" exp, it's daily as well.

-The exp item from one of the orders

Gives (I think, I would have to verify) 100k exp, up to 20 times a day. Granted u need to be in that order and have required prestige/influence, but once u have it, we can also classify this as a daily

- The mysterious Morai Brew

Seems pretty weird for now, but future tests would have to be done... For now, 1 chip +8k = 2 exp.. Seems pretty , lame..

-The saturday public quest

Gives 200k exp or so if u get 100 contribution.

-The 1 hour times repeatable "divine" from ur order

Another way to get exp, daily.

I have yet to test the wraithslayer missve and Tsu Toxin quest so I cannot comment on those, but so far, it's a nice list of "new" ways to make exp... no ?
    Proud supporter of the new expansion. Sure it has it's share of bugs, like any games. But for a pure farmer/grinder, that's a whole lot of new mobs to go beat up b:chuckle
  • sachelfunlol
    sachelfunlol Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Let's see now about those "additional ways to get to 105"

- The mysterious Morai Brew

Seems pretty weird for now, but future tests would have to be done... For now, 1 chip +8k = 2 exp.. Seems pretty , lame..

In another thread somewhere on here that brew was tested, and gives some def attributes or somewhat but also a x5 multiplier on exp for 3hrs. The 2 xep you recieve is from manufacturing the brew just like crazy stone. It is 2 exp because of 2x. when its over it should drop to 1x
    Lets troll the forums together b:victory
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    In another thread somewhere on here that brew was tested, and gives some def attributes or somewhat but also a x5 multiplier on exp for 3hrs. The 2 xep you recieve is from manufacturing the brew just like crazy stone. It is 2 exp because of 2x. when its over it should drop to 1x

I tested this on mobs outside etherblade, in Morai, and in Dreamweaver and the Brew does nothing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • Brony - Raging Tide
    Brony - Raging Tide Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    @Burnout It only works on certain mobs.

I tested it on the mobs outside arch, on mobs outside Avalanche Village (east of FC), on mobs in FC, on mobs in PQ3, on GB quest mobs in the desert, and what I can conclude at the moment is that it only works on certain mobs.

It worked on the arch mobs and Avalanche Village mobs, but everything else the exp was unaffected.