Best Duo!

Eliathel - Lost City
Eliathel - Lost City Posts: 217 Arc User
edited February 2012 in General Discussion
I might start from scractch with a friend, which classes should we play to have maximum affinity while levelling very fast and making lots of money?

Cleric is not an option, already got one...

Which classes are good? Is BM good for BM+Cleric aoeing, I lost touch with game for a lot of time, dont know what new classes do.

Are wiz still good at dealing damage?
Post edited by Eliathel - Lost City on

Comments

• Puberty - Harshlands
    Puberty - Harshlands Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    sin+sin duo.

/thread.
  • nextdoorover
    nextdoorover Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I would say, if you want to duo new classes, Seeker-Mystic, Now that the Mystic is abit better at healling. But the for the old classes, BM-Cleric, BM-BM, Archer-Archer, or Dual sin works well. =3 (No I havn't played for long, but the rest of my family plays, Tis how I know.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Old Sig ~ Working on a New one ~ =3 Just started PWI

Seeker(GhostTJF) - Lvl 1 Gear (?)

More soon? Maybe?
  • Eliathel - Lost City
    edited February 2012
    Are sins that string? All I hear is that they level so fast.

One can be sin, what about barbs? I know they cost a LOT to mantain...

About new classes, one could be sin what about the other? I already got a cleric, so any kind of support is a bit useless.

What about barb+wiz?
  • Eliathel - Lost City
    edited February 2012
    Maybe a a BM and a Sin?
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Maybe a a BM and a Sin?
    ^this.
  • Eliathel - Lost City
    edited February 2012
    ^this.

I guess that means tankiness+high damage and cc to protect sin then... xD

Do I really need a barb? Ill be playing with a friend, the idea is to be always on together and quest together, so if we do instances+hh, whatver, will we have troubles finding groups being bm and sin?
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I guess that means tankiness+high damage and cc to protect sin then... xD

Do I really need a barb? Ill be playing with a friend, the idea is to be always on together and quest together, so if we do instances+hh, whatver, will we have troubles finding groups being bm and sin?

Nope, Bms and sins are the most wanted classes for any instance where the main challenge is a high HP boss. BMs for HF/some DD and sins for Outrageous DD. They complement each other nicely, especially at endgame when you start to really farm for gear. You can create a barb alt for Buffs. Its nice, but not absolutely necessary, especially if you join a faction with leveled base buffs.
  • Eliathel - Lost City
    edited February 2012
    Nope, Bms and sins are the most wanted classes for any instance where the main challenge is a high HP boss. BMs for HF/some DD and sins for Outrageous DD. They complement each other nicely, especially at endgame when you start to really farm for gear. You can create a barb alt for Buffs. Its nice, but not absolutely necessary, especially if you join a faction with leveled base buffs.

Thanks, I'll speak to my friend about this. Levelling will be easy since I've got already a 76 Cleric, so perma buffs+heals for bosses is gonna be easy !

I'm not sure how those classes work, but we can always learn new things xD
  • sirpractical51
    sirpractical51 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Seeker and Sin

Best in my opinion, can duo basically anything

Seeker can pull huge groups of mobs and not die with BP, and sin can basically just solo bosses..

Not to mention HF on any boss.. even if its not HFable.. well at least a 33% hf
  • Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide
    Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide Posts: 934 Arc User
    edited February 2012

What is this, I don't even...
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    What is this, I don't even...

The current state of the barbarian class in a nutshell b:quiet
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Noel - Dreamweaver
    Noel - Dreamweaver Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Psy+Archer for maximum PEWPEWPEWage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2012
    The current state of the barbarian class in a nutshell b:quiet

I don't like it b:cry
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    _Perses_ - Lost City Posts: 1,917 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Best duo?

BM + Sin

Nothing in the game will be alive long enough for it to affect ya.
    Nothing worthwhile to mention here, enjoy the animated signature~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eliathel - Lost City
    edited February 2012
    I don't like it b:cry

Better than BM+Sin? I'm looking for best combination while having great endgame.

How about the state of PVP, is any good in LC?
  • Nymphali - Dreamweaver
    Nymphali - Dreamweaver Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Wanna farm?
    sin+sin b:victory

Tangling mirez and extremepoisons, oh thats more like it.

Unless you guys can aford demon HF, then Sin + BM
  • Cyrenaciea - Raging Tide
    Cyrenaciea - Raging Tide Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Either a seeker/sin or a BM/sin for duo, seekers and BMs can tank better at earlier levels, but as you get higher levels and sin aps and crit rates start to rise, sin gets aggro more, but there are some things that they can tank from what I've seen.
    edited February 2012
    As much as I hate to admit it, a Sin+BM/Seeker combo is your best bet. I love my Barb, he can do everything those classes can too, most of it even better, but that's not an easy path to travel.
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    Saethos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    As much as I hate to admit it, a Sin+BM/Seeker combo is your best bet. I love my Barb, he can do everything those classes can too, most of it even better, but that's not an easy path to travel.

I still love barbs b:dirty

But sadly, this day in age of the game, you're right...It's why I rolled a BM b:sad
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
  • JuFranz - Raging Tide
    JuFranz - Raging Tide Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Unless you guys can aford demon HF, then Sin + BM

b:chuckle a good BM doesn't necessarily need a demon HF to become effective. They can do without it, though its a plus if you have but again not necessary
    Previously: Level 100 BM and I still enjoy farming to upgrade my gears b:victory

Now: At 101 still continue farming b:shutup
  • Vixter - Harshlands
    Vixter - Harshlands Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Depends on what u wanna do

I love my duo with my hubby, mystic and seeker. If your into aoeing, me and him do that quite often. I usually lure (healing myself keeps aggro on mobs or just lure while on my mount) and he spins. Healing him is also helpful. I can also solo aoe for dq or quests or whatever if he's not around.

Before those classes were out we did duo of veno and cleric and took on team mode TTs together (now we still do but also include our earthguard characters)

Sin+sin duo could be fun too... if u wanna be different from each other one could go sage and the other demon. U would be able to duo some lower TTs and FC at higher level.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vixter (101 Heavy Veno) ~ TT farmer
    Peachie (102 Mystic) ~ Main character
  • Eliathel - Lost City
    edited February 2012
    Depends on what u wanna do

I love my duo with my hubby, mystic and seeker. If your into aoeing, me and him do that quite often. I usually lure (healing myself keeps aggro on mobs or just lure while on my mount) and he spins. Healing him is also helpful. I can also solo aoe for dq or quests or whatever if he's not around.

Before those classes were out we did duo of veno and cleric and took on team mode TTs together (now we still do but also include our earthguard characters)

Sin+sin duo could be fun too... if u wanna be different from each other one could go sage and the other demon. U would be able to duo some lower TTs and FC at higher level.

I think I'll go BM+Sin, my friend likes PVP so he can rolfstomp people. And I think it will be easier to Aoe a bit with my sin. We got a cleric as already levelled, so heals won't be a problem or buffs.
  • Chibisuke - Dreamweaver
    Chibisuke - Dreamweaver Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Well a friend of mine and me tested multiple combos

what we tried for now was:

Barb+Cleric
    Seeker+Mystic
    Barb+BM
    Seeker+Barb

all of them work, but it really depends on your playstyle which is the one you like.

Barb+cler doesn't do much damage, but you'll easily get any party started you want.

The other combos obviously are missing buffs, which you mist likely need.
    you definitly want bp and cleric buffs.

Seeker+Barb: is a it hard to get started. The real fun starts at 75, when you can use herbs to sustain vortex. bp to get th HP back up, and a mental ripple of rage for the chi.
  • Eliathel - Lost City
    edited February 2012
    I've heard sins and bm are most wanted... not really sure what to take!

I was thinking about sin+bm since they level faster, but I don't really know, I don't know these new classes at all, so I'm not sure what a mystic, seeker can do

Barb is off the line, their repair costs are outrageous
  • Vidish - Sanctuary
    Vidish - Sanctuary Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Now that the Mystic is abit better at healling

I thought Mystic screamed and cried out loud, saying that they are NOT cleric.

Am I missing something here? b:puzzled
  • Baby_pho - Heavens Tear
    Baby_pho - Heavens Tear Posts: 636 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    for dual, assuming you have all buffs on except mystic's new buffs havent try that. and dual only meaning 2 people.

bm+ cleric any instances
    sin+ cleric any instances
    bm+veno any instance except tt 3-3
    barb+veno any instance except tt? havent try but nirvana dual able
    barb+cleric any instance but takes longer than would with a bm/sin
    bm+sin any instance depending on gear
    bm+mystic for rb is awesome and warsong or aoe instances over all but with aoe instances there's a cleric bb and others so i wouldnt say dual... lol

the above works well for me and my hubby. my hubby dunt have a sin. the sin is a close friend of mine who i farm with when my hubby isnt around.
  • XxRagzxx - Sanctuary
    XxRagzxx - Sanctuary Posts: 258 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Sin+Sin
    Both with decent aps gear and tear through any instance. With higher hp and def, all TTs should be no problem.

Sin+BM
    Decent combo. Sin would need to be concentrated on the most to make sure they have the proper defenses to tank the boss, since 9 times out a 10 they out dd a bm anyday.

Sin+Cleric
    Combo used A LOT by TT farmers. Low damage with 1 sin, but getting 5.0 with g15 zerk daggers, or 4.0 with r9 daggers and it will make it go pretty fast.

Cleric+BM
    Never really tried this combo, BM has high defenses, but still, I personal think a sin has better survival skills if you are using the buffs correctly.
    Archer Build:
    pwcalc.com/d38eec6e1f27c7a6
    Sin Build:
    pwcalc.com/d74f267d3be72784
  • Eliathel - Lost City
    edited February 2012
    Sins soloing, wow, never thought about it...

Were doing BM+Sin as far as I can tell, we already have a Cleric, so that won't be a problem. How major worry is coin, of course :P

May I ask what it's so special that can solo instances? They can leech life?
  • XxRagzxx - Sanctuary
    XxRagzxx - Sanctuary Posts: 258 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Sins soloing, wow, never thought about it...

Were doing BM+Sin as far as I can tell, we already have a Cleric, so that won't be a problem. How major worry is coin, of course :P

May I ask what it's so special that can solo instances? They can leech life?

Decent defenses, bloodpaint, and using all your buffs as soon as they come out a cool down. A lot is possible with or without a charm. 3-2 and 3-3 you need a charm usually to solo, pending on your hp. My sin has 12k hp buffed, and i can do 3-2 uncharmed with a cleric, but solo I can do all the 1s, most of the 2s, and 3-1. You need most if not all your endgame gear to do it though.
    Archer Build:
    pwcalc.com/d38eec6e1f27c7a6
    Sin Build:
    pwcalc.com/d74f267d3be72784
  • Eliathel - Lost City
    edited February 2012
    Decent defenses, bloodpaint, and using all your buffs as soon as they come out a cool down. A lot is possible with or without a charm. 3-2 and 3-3 you need a charm usually to solo, pending on your hp. My sin has 12k hp buffed, and i can do 3-2 uncharmed with a cleric, but solo I can do all the 1s, most of the 2s, and 3-1. You need most if not all your endgame gear to do it though.

Ah, then you can farm a lot but need endgame gear, it's not like 2 sins 60 can go in TT one alone and do it!