~~Caster Nirvana Multi Runs~~

leojap
leojap Posts: 7 Arc User
edited February 2012 in General Discussion
Caster Nirvana is really the one instance Arcane Classes can farm efficiently for coin in PW.
I'm a 103 wizard from dreamweaver and this post is an initial push to bring back multiple caster nirvana runs for the betterment of the game.

Recent expansion "Decscent" has brought many positive additions to PW, not to mention that fixing the Caster Nirvana Talisman glitch was the right thing to do, but I disagree that completely denying the ability for caster to multi run "their" nirvana instance was the best decision.

There really is not an instance where Arcane classes can farm for decent coin endgame to better their gear besides Caster Nirvana; one is bound to making an aps toon just for the sole purpose of farming whether they like it or not.

Having that said, many of the new comers to dreamweaver between Genesis and Descent that have rolled arcane classes have decided to quit PW due to this change, as they are not able to farm other instances. Let's face it, who wants to take a Psychis or a Wizard, or even a Cleric to TT these days...not to mention other instances.

Some positive aspects of re-enabling Caster Nirvana are increased supply of nirvana drops needed for end game Nirvana gear or reforging rank 9, in both cases, enhances the market and potential sales for PWE, as those that charge hardcore actually have things to purchase with by charging more Zhen. It will also keep the new arcane players in PWI, rather than deciding to quit a game that took away the one instance they had been waiting to farm from one double drop event to another. Think about it.

The correct thing to do was to fix a glitch, but not take multiple run aspect from Caster Nirvana, rather nerf it for balance. Caster Nirvana in multiple runs, is much more profitable compares to the regular type as the last boss drops 12 drops in double drops, therefore, I understand the arguments and complains coming from the non-caster players, although Caster Nirvana does take longer to do, and is not has easy to get openers. Let me suggest a few ideas that can be further discussed by you or a GM.

Suggestion A: Make Nirvana Talisman stack-able.
Suggestion B: Make only leader lose Nirvana Talisman upon activation Caster Nirvana.
Suggestion C: Make the last Boss in Caster Nirvana drop five drops instead of six.

Caster Nirvana Multiple runs needs to come back for the betterment of the game. I have always been a Wizard, at one point I made a 5 aps toon just for farming purposes, not that I used it to farm when we could run Caster Nirvana for as many BHs we did. I honestly think Multiple Caster Nirvana runs was one of the most necessary changes for a better balance in farming ability for classes and for a better rating of PW, and I argue that it needs to be re-enabled a.s.a.p.
Post edited by leojap on

Comments

• LoraTab - Dreamweaver
    LoraTab - Dreamweaver Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Hey - good idea, I doubt anyone would be angry if casters were no longer allowed in normal nirvana and if then there was the same amount of bosses with the same amount of drop in both---however they were not made that way and it is a fact that china is not going to go have thier guys alter the game code.

Btw plenty of threads on it- dont need another.
  • Deadalus - Harshlands
    Deadalus - Harshlands Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I dont have a caster besides a cleric for my farming purposes, but i can understand, that many casters are mad now, because they fixed caster nirvana.

I was talking to friends who are casters and they all said, that they now cant farm coins to obtain new gear, or lets say its hard now to make coins for a caster, when you dont have an aps toon.

Me for example is a pure fighter, ergo i have an aps sin to farm with and it just works fine.

But tbh, you are right in many ways, but i would say, Suggestion A and Suggestion C would be the best, they could do.
    When the last Boss drops 6 or 12 items, then i would say its better to make Talismans stackable, remove the time limit and let the boss drop 5 items.
    In fact, that the last boss drops 10!! items then in double drop, is insane.
    The regular nirvana run gives around 1 rapture(in double drop), 2 raptures are average, 3 when you have luck and 4.. yea i just saw 4 raptures in one run once.. b:surrender

Think about it, the best soultion would be, when you make Suggestion A with C and let it like this.
  • badboi86
    badboi86 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    stop QQing.. go apply to be gm or developer
  • Nymphali - Dreamweaver
    Nymphali - Dreamweaver Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    No way, its cool 'fixed' how it is.

This game always been a sheet to get money in-game, and it is still.

Think of a poor axe barb... he can't join caster nor non caster nirv, can't solo fc, cant solo tt. He only gets moneh from the BH or collecting herbs. Ooh, selling 6 keys a day, what? 1.2m? no sheet.

You are OK, barbs are the poor things in the story.
  • sirpractical51
    sirpractical51 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    No way, its cool 'fixed' how it is.

This game always been a sheet to get money in-game, and it is still.

Think of a poor axe barb... he can't join caster nor non caster nirv, can't solo fc, cant solo tt. He only gets moneh from the BH or collecting herbs. Ooh, selling 6 keys a day, what? 1.2m? no sheet.

You are OK, barbs are the poor things in the story.

Lol at that.. You know how many barbs i see running aps builds? how many actually do nirvana.. Barbs are not the "poor things".
  • Vansloten - Lost City
    Vansloten - Lost City Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    leojap wrote: »
    Caster Nirvana is really the one instance Arcane Classes can farm efficiently for coin in PW.
    I'm a 103 wizard from dreamweaver and this post is an initial push to bring back multiple caster nirvana runs for the betterment of the game.

Recent expansion "Decscent" has brought many positive additions to PW, not to mention that fixing the Caster Nirvana Talisman glitch was the right thing to do, but I disagree that completely denying the ability for caster to multi run "their" nirvana instance was the best decision.

There really is not an instance where Arcane classes can farm for decent coin endgame to better their gear besides Caster Nirvana; one is bound to making an aps toon just for the sole purpose of farming whether they like it or not.

Having that said, many of the new comers to dreamweaver between Genesis and Descent that have rolled arcane classes have decided to quit PW due to this change, as they are not able to farm other instances. Let's face it, who wants to take a Psychis or a Wizard, or even a Cleric to TT these days...not to mention other instances.

Some positive aspects of re-enabling Caster Nirvana are increased supply of nirvana drops needed for end game Nirvana gear or reforging rank 9, in both cases, enhances the market and potential sales for PWE, as those that charge hardcore actually have things to purchase with by charging more Zhen. It will also keep the new arcane players in PWI, rather than deciding to quit a game that took away the one instance they had been waiting to farm from one double drop event to another. Think about it.

The correct thing to do was to fix a glitch, but not take multiple run aspect from Caster Nirvana, rather nerf it for balance. Caster Nirvana in multiple runs, is much more profitable compares to the regular type as the last boss drops 12 drops in double drops, therefore, I understand the arguments and complains coming from the non-caster players, although Caster Nirvana does take longer to do, and is not has easy to get openers. Let me suggest a few ideas that can be further discussed by you or a GM.

Suggestion A: Make Nirvana Talisman stack-able.
    Suggestion B: Make only leader lose Nirvana Talisman upon activation Caster Nirvana.
    Suggestion C: Make the last Boss in Caster Nirvana drop five drops instead of six.

Caster Nirvana Multiple runs needs to come back for the betterment of the game. I have always been a Wizard, at one point I made a 5 aps toon just for farming purposes, not that I used it to farm when we could run Caster Nirvana for as many BHs we did. I honestly think Multiple Caster Nirvana runs was one of the most necessary changes for a better balance in farming ability for classes and for a better rating of PW, and I argue that it needs to be re-enabled a.s.a.p.

Though this thread may get closed cause a certain moderator is on rampage lately (won't name his name...but it relates to the **** you pick outta your belly button) I do agree with this thread.

Now other people have mentioned that Caster Nirvana is an addition to the regular nirvana runs so it's like a bonus. No it's not. Caster Nirvana just like the regular one still use up keys so tailsman have nothing to do with it. Removing the tailsman and reducing the drops a little should be the only option needed for Casters. Let's hope the GMs pass these options onto the dev teams and let's hope that something will get done.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide
    Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide Posts: 934 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Lol at that.. You know how many barbs i see running aps builds? how many actually do nirvana.. Barbs are not the "poor things".

Tell me, how many?
  • Fintan - Lost City
    Fintan - Lost City Posts: 1,245 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    b:angry This thread's staying open but a certain mod saw fit to close my non-QQ thread with a viable fix to Nirvana, period? Does Fuzzy have a beef with me? b:cry

Why are we allowed multiple QQ threads but none to constructively work to a solution we could try to get PWE to pass on to the devs? b:sad
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    MuSHRooMS - Lost City (currently inviting new members) b:victory
    WeAreMuSHRooMS.com
  • TheDendra - Harshlands
    TheDendra - Harshlands Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    To the OP, you are actually wrong about one thing - caster nirvana does not give us an unfair advantage over aps classes. Even if our runs cost 1key just the same as aps do, we would still make less money per hour than an aps char does, so this alone tells you how horrible the pve balance is right now when we can barely do two runs per day (we just had consecutive bh lunars, it sure was fun finding a squad for it and then finding 5more casters who did the same bh, so that you can do a nirvana run)
  • Kynt - Harshlands
    Kynt - Harshlands Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    omg u sure like to qq and make looong posts...the reason is simple: multi caster nirvana is dis-balancing the vana market cuz it drops too many raps compared with normal. u can circle around however u want ...this is a fact. if u don't like it thought luck.. go aps, or farm morai for those talismans...or ....or....rage quit b:victory
  • Fintan - Lost City
    Fintan - Lost City Posts: 1,245 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    omg u sure like to qq and make looong posts...the reason is simple: multi caster nirvana is dis-balancing the vana market cuz it drops too many raps compared with normal. u can circle around however u want ...this is a fact. if u don't like it thought luck.. go aps, or farm morai for those talismans...or ....or....rage quit b:victory

And, again, my proposal would have fixed that supposed unbalance. (We also get more runs with maybe 3 uncannies to go around and zero raps...)

And farming Morai for talismans is a fool's errand. There's a limit to the daily prestige we can gain. It'll take a few weeks before we can start getting extra talismans at all. And they'll still be timed. And they'll still not stack.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    MuSHRooMS - Lost City (currently inviting new members) b:victory
    WeAreMuSHRooMS.com
  • leojap
    leojap Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    This Caster Nirvana issue is the voice of many. Hunders if not Thousands of PWI users, and correct me if I am wrong, the aps users know this is in existing issue just as well.

Having more supply to the nirvana market is not an issue when you need coins to recast you rank 8 or to re-roll your G15 for whatever.
    How many times have you heard "I got the stats I wanted on my G15 glave finally after 40+ re-rolls". For that reason I think many of us went r9 for the set stats.

Increasing supply to the nirvana market will not unbalance economy, it will allow more cash flow, which is what marketing needs. People want their gear to be able to compete agains hard core r9 full +12 cashers on the weekend. Those who farm will always be able to farm and continue playing pwi, and those who cash will alwyas cash to get their optimal gear faster. What you need now in PW is a long-term plan for user satisfaction and the game's popularity/survival to remain competitive. You have to meet demand with supply and visa versa.

PWI now is a pretty marture game. Three options for end game gear, tons of dailies and weekly events and 5 different maps within its world. For a game that was been around I belive since 2008, correct me if I am wrong, I takes well over 2 years for your to farm decent end game gear if you are not chargeing big time, not to mention refining and sharding.

I am not sacred that everyone will eventually have a G15 or r9. I'm a gamer not a designer or a GM but I can say that the most successful games are very well balanced and I'm not here to argue with how an individual feels.

I think its very simple, make Talisman stack-able, take off the timer and nerf drops on last boss. to five.

I hope PWE Team considers this.
  • Kynt - Harshlands
    Kynt - Harshlands Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    u still dont get it do u? the more mats on the market, the more ppl hungry for coins, and the more drop in vana mats price, making it useless in the end...cuz of too low prices....making the market crash. or who do u think will keep prices up? grandma? most ppl sell the mats almost instantly no matter the price just to get coins for the next fash
  • Redmenace - Heavens Tear
    Redmenace - Heavens Tear Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited February 2012

At that point they are no longer barbs, but Fat Fuzzy BM's.
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert A. Heinlein
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Hey - good idea, I doubt anyone would be angry if casters were no longer allowed in normal nirvana

Yea, I'm pretty sure the non 5.0 squads don't actually need clerics and just drag them around...

As for anyone crying caster vana unbalances the market with many drops.. No, just no. Just compare the number of aps people spamming and see how many equally epic geared casters you find to run nirvana in the same time.

I stand by my idea. Just let both parties spam nirvana as long as they got keys. That's fairness.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • TwinDreams - Harshlands
    TwinDreams - Harshlands Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited February 2012

I see this statement many time.

Why should APS class be the ones dominating the nirvana market?

If everyone rolls APS class, it makes you and the rest of the r8+5 and below sin/bm more redundant you know.
  • TheDendra - Harshlands
    TheDendra - Harshlands Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    It's a joke you think caster nirvana brings imbalance to the market, aps classes have already broken it, dominated it and have been holding monopoly over it for the past 2years+.

What will change if casters can do multi nirvanas? Instead of having a server full of forcefully rerolled sins farming nirvs, you'd have casters farming as well - so the market prices wouldn't spiral into oblivion, only change would be that casters would finally be able to play the classes they enjoy playing if they wanted to do nirvanas&make some coins&farm their gear.
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    Jadsia - Lost City Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    u still dont get it do u? the more mats on the market, the more ppl hungry for coins, and the more drop in vana mats price, making it useless in the end...cuz of too low prices....making the market crash. or who do u think will keep prices up? grandma? most ppl sell the mats almost instantly no matter the price just to get coins for the next fash

If drops in prices are your problem why are you not QQ'ing about 2x then? That affects market prices more than any caster glitch ever could but all I've seen for weeks before the expansion are 5 aps toons begging for 2x to do NV for the double drops. You anti-caster 5 aps NV farmers who complain about the extra drops for casters yet beg for 2x are nothing more than greedy hypocrits.

What's next? You demand that only casters get talismans? Because what's being done now is non casters getting invited to open NV with their talismans then kicked to invite a caster with no talisman. Why aren't you QQ'ing about that. Casters are still getting the NV runs they were before just in a different way. ROTFL!!!!
    I **** bigger than you...

Shut up and play the game.....Damn
  • fuzzywuzz
    fuzzywuzz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Does Fuzzy have a beef with me? b:cry

The panda has a problem with no one, but has a problem with so many threads being started on the exact same issue. There are multiple ones on the issue of casters and talismans and nirvana.

One actual proper discussion thread on the issue will have better results than 1000 threads of people trying to address the same problem.

-closed-
    [SIGPIC]Need to talk to Fuzzy?[/SIGPIC]
    Sig by NowItsAwn
This discussion has been closed.