Unable to connect to server

dubwubs
dubwubs Posts: 21 Arc User
edited March 2012 in Support Desk
hello!, when i log in it says 40 seconds to timeout but after the 40 seconds it says unable to connect server. and all the servers say ---

can annybody help me?b:cry
Post edited by dubwubs on

Comments

• christines
    christines Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    dubwubs wrote: »
    hello!, when i log in it says 40 seconds to timeout but after the 40 seconds it says unable to connect server.

can annybody help me?b:cry
    i lost EXP for this DC and one nirvana key b:surrender
  • dubwubs
    edited February 2012
    christines wrote: »
    i lost EXP for this DC and one nirvana key b:surrender

what you mean DC i can't join the whole day and the server status are up but it says in game ---
  • dubwubs
    edited February 2012
    please help me i want to play this game.
  • christines
    edited February 2012
    what you mean DC i can't join the whole day and the server status are up but it says in game ---

i mean all PPL got DC ( server offline for 3-4 min )
  • dubwubs
    edited February 2012
    christines wrote: »
    i mean all PPL got DC ( server offline for 3-4 min )
    okay but i can't connect to the game for like 10 hours now:(
  • unabletoconnect
    unabletoconnect Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I have the same problem. Somebody please help
  • dubwubs
    edited February 2012
    great i'm not alone :S
    but im reinstalling it now maybe it will work.\
    ill tell after the update.
  • kahdelia
    kahdelia Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I haven't been able to play the game since the update. Downloaded everything I was told too, updated everything and the game either crashes at the log in page or less than 5 mins after I log in. I was told it was my graphics card. I have a NVIDIA GeForce 9500GT(1021MB) and was then told I had a decent graphics card. I can play Forsaken World just find, no problems what so ever. I have even re-installed PW and nothing worked. Still can't get on. I never had a problem playing PW until the update/expansion. This just sucks.
  • dubwubs
    edited February 2012
    kahdelia wrote: »
    I haven't been able to play the game since the update. Downloaded everything I was told too, updated everything and the game either crashes at the log in page or less than 5 mins after I log in. I was told it was my graphics card. I have a NVIDIA GeForce 9500GT(1021MB) and was then told I had a decent graphics card. I can play Forsaken World just find, no problems what so ever. I have even re-installed PW and nothing worked. Still can't get on. I never had a problem playing PW until the update/expansion. This just sucks.

maybe our graphic cards are to good for this game :P
    but this game doesn't require such a graphic card because the graphics aren't that good.
  • unabletoconnect
    edited February 2012
    I doubt it's about the graphics card since the game DOES start normally. Maybe it's because of our country or something? or ISP? I dunno still waiting answer to the support ticket I sent. Will get back to you once it's answered.
  • christines
    edited February 2012
    kahdelia wrote: »

try to update DirectX and Nvidia Drivers
  • kahdelia
    kahdelia Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I DID ALL upgrades. Downloaded DirectX 9.0c and updated Drivers until there were no more updates. I have no more updates available on anything...I DID them all.
  • dubwubs
    edited February 2012
    i've reinstalled the game and updated it again but still not working b:shocked
    all my drivers are up to date. so what's wrong my country is the Netherlands.
  • unabletoconnect
    edited February 2012
    Reinstalling doesn't work for me either. But my country is Turkey and so I don't think it's about the country either... Still waiting for an answer to my ticket...
  • dubwubs
    edited February 2012
    Reinstalling doesn't work for me either. But my country is Turkey and so I don't think it's about the country either... Still waiting for an answer to my ticket...

well those tickets sucks because i said i can't connect their awnser was :

To Help With Patching issues:

It may take you 1-3 hours to autopatch the game on a broadband connection.

It is probably best to use the manual patches directly from perfect world:

Patch 606-612 (862MB) - http://pwi-ns.perfectworld.com/patches/manual/ec_patch_606-612.cup
    Patch 580-612 (870MB) - http://pwi-ns.perfectworld.com/patches/manual/ec_patch_580-612.cup

After you use the manual patch or complete the auto patch, restart your computer and then startup the launcher again.

Manual patches will be on the download page and also here: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...282#post818282

Because so many of the game files are going to be changed, it may be a good idea to temporariliy disable or shut down your antivirus or firewall while updating until you can login. If you have added the game folder to the exception list for your security software, it may not be an issue. It will take some trial and error on your part.

You may have to restart the launcher multiple times.

To help with the .dll/DirectX error, and having missing characters or NPCs in the game:

1) If you encounter a DirectX error, dll error, or invisible characters, try updating with this on Windows 7, Vista, and XP:[/color][/b]

Web Installer
    http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=35

2) Then restart your computer.

You will need to install this if you get those kinds of errors, even if you have Windows Vista or Windows 7 so that DirectX 9 files can be copied over to the right spot.

Your video chipset hardware needs to support features for DirectX 9.0c level minimum for graphic visuals. DirectX 9 came out in 2002 (10+ years ago), and 9.0c original spec came out in 2004.

Thank you all for your dedication, patience, and understanding on this latest major release!

Second batch of information to help you:

Please restart your PC and network hardware first and try again.

Here is some information that can help you.

You may have to be on a Windows Admin account, or have Run as Admin access to be able to download, install, update, and run the game. If on Windows Vista or 7, you may have to change the level of your UAC settings or turn them off temporarily.

After you get the game updated and get in game, you can uninstall Pando Media Booster or shut it down (PMB.exe in Windows Task Manager) if you start getting unusual lag spikes, system resource problems, bandwidth issues, or other network issues. Info about pando issues: https://support.perfectworld.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4042

You may need to update or install the latest Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable. You may need to update your version of Windows, also may need to update to the latest version of DirectX and Internet Explorer 8 or 9 with Javascript enabled. You may also need to check or change your network settings. In addition, you should check that your CPU, mainboard, and CPU drivers are updated if applicable.

You can try adding the game folder/files to your exceptions list in your antivirus and firewall software. Please see the help menu or support website for the software that you use if you aren't sure how to do it.

At your own risk, you may have to disable your antivirus, firewall, and other security software temporarily while you download, install, update, login to, and play the game. Sometimes the security software will block it or throttle it, no matter what you try or even if you try to add exceptions for the game files in your security software.

You may also have to disable, shut down, uninstall, or disable any: torrent, keyboard/mouse, web browser toolbars, video/screen capture, gamepad/input device, multimedia, Instant Messaging, voice over IP, web browser games, other games software applications before downloading, installing, updating, logging into, and playing the game. Basically shut down all non-essential programs.

If you need further help, when you contact us by a support ticket, please answer the following questions:

What exactly did you try in the information presented to you?

What changes to your software did you make?

What errors did you get?
  • unabletoconnect
    edited February 2012
    I'm currently trying to disable all firewalls on my modem and hope it helps. Wish me luck
  • unabletoconnect
    edited February 2012
    Well, that didn't work.

Now I'm gonna reinstall the game one more time but gonna try patching manually this time
  • dubwubs
    edited February 2012
    I'm currently trying to disable all firewalls on my modem and hope it helps. Wish me luck

yea that didn't work for me either :S:S:S:S:S
    hope that the manual patching works.
  • unabletoconnect
    edited February 2012
    yea that didn't work for me either :S:S:S:S:S
    hope that the manual patching works.

5 minutes 'till the end of download. (got a bit sidetracked while downloading)
    I installed the genesis version and I'll patch it right away but I can't say how long it will take with the verifying process and all... But I'll get back to you as soon as I can.
  • dubwubs
    edited February 2012
    :) hope it will work.
    beacause if it wont work i won't download the patch beacuase my internet is slow as ****z
  • unabletoconnect
    edited February 2012
    Didn't work b:cry

But I noticed on my resource monitor that the game was trying to establish a connection but the send/receive rates were around 1Bps so I think something is blocking it. What anti-virus program do you use? I use avast!. I also want to make sure it's in the windows firewall exceptions, do you know how I can check that?

I also noticed you said you had low connection speed, my connection speed is 1Mbit. (actually it's higher, but distributed among the computers in the house) Do you think it could be that we don't have sufficient bandwidth?
  • dubwubs
    edited February 2012
    well my anti-virus isn't enabled at the moment.
    for the firewall thingy you go to control panel->Windows Firewall->allow a progran through Windows Firewall you should search like Perfect world international on that list or you could at it yourself like i did i also tried to add a port (port of PWI=29000)

and my internet is way slower than yours :P if i download its like 40-50 KB each second b:cry
    so i don't think that's the problem. and the ticket just gives a bot awnser not written by a human.... it's like a standard awnser.
  • unabletoconnect
    edited February 2012
    That answer is standard, I'm waiting for a human to respond. I used to play this game like 2 years ago and want to play now but can't and that's sooooooo frustrating.
  • dubwubs
    edited February 2012
    :P

i never played this game i realy want to try this game out hope there is an awnser for this :S
  • unabletoconnect
    edited February 2012
    Why are there no GM's helping?!? Too annoying, I'm gonna spam threads
  • dubwubs
    edited February 2012
    hahahaha, good luck with that.
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited February 2012
    5 minutes 'till the end of download. (got a bit sidetracked while downloading)
    I installed the genesis version and I'll patch it right away but I can't say how long it will take with the verifying process and all... But I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

Manual patch is like 80% faster than auto.
    Also, un-install Pando Media Booster and reboot your PC.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • unabletoconnect
    edited February 2012
    Manual patch is like 80% faster than auto.
    Also, un-install Pando Media Booster and reboot your PC.

Still no good. Any other suggestions?
  • dubwubs
    edited February 2012
    they should make an other update so it works for us.
  • unabletoconnect
    edited February 2012
    I still haven't seen a GM on the forums. How is this even possible? The weekends are when the servers are fullest and GMs are on holiday and JUST after an enormous patch. So many fails on so many levels. [facepalm]