Claw build...?

Kiiria - Raging Tide
Kiiria - Raging Tide Posts: 37 Arc User
edited February 2012 in Archer
I see 90% of endgame archers going for a claw build...
I understand it's 5APS...

But really...?
If I'm not mistaken, when you factor in a pure-dex build and ranged weapon mastery...

Dex = Ranged weapon damage + Crit rate...

Would not the pure build and extra damage, on top of the inherantly high damage of a bow do enough damage per hit to make up for the low interval...? Not to mention the ability to use skills...
Post edited by Kiiria - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Would not the pure build and extra damage, on top of the inherantly high damage of a bow do enough damage per hit to make up for the low interval...?

It would not.
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Not by a long shot.
  • Vindis - Dreamweaver
    Vindis - Dreamweaver Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    For trials? yes. Blessing of the Gods rocks.

For pvp? yes.

For Rebirth and Zhen-type scenarios? yes.

Will pure dex be more viable with the new mystic buff that acts similarly to trials buff? yes.

Aps is mainly viable for bosses with mass amounts of HP (WBs, Vana, TT could be an argument as well, but STA works there so...).

A full r9+12 pure dex demon archer DDs pretty hard. I wonder what the breaking point is for that...

People make a claw build as a cheap alternative farming alt. I'd personally just make a sin and have BP, ijs.
    Ring Engraving/Amulet Carving Guide - pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1174451

Retired from PWI.

b:bye
  • Yusiong - Lost City
    Yusiong - Lost City Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Sad part is a pure Dex archer can lose out to a very well geared claw/fist archer in damage. With the right gear a fist archer can hit 17-20k damage and take that in at 5aps the dex archer gets blown away. But like someone else had said people do it as a cheap easier way to farm. Although I think with the new skills coming dex archers will make a nice comeback.
    Scissors cuts paper, paper covers rock, rock crushes lizard, lizard poisons Spock, Spock smashes scissors, scissors decapitates lizard, lizard eats paper, paper disproves Spock, Spock vaporizes rock, and as it always has, rock crushes scissors.

~A naked BM is a happy BM~
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Sad part is a pure Dex archer can lose out to a very well geared claw/fist archer in damage. With the right gear a fist archer can hit 17-20k damage and take that in at 5aps the dex archer gets blown away. But like someone else had said people do it as a cheap easier way to farm. Although I think with the new skills coming dex archers will make a nice comeback.

eh, if anything it may be the new gear that helps more than the new skills. Bow archers using skills still get outdd'd in base with god buff by assassins using 5.0 regular attacks.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    It's not much of a 'sacrifice' to use claws. Thanks to engravings you can still be 5.0 with 500+ dex. With R9 ring and R9 attack levels you do more dps than BMs using the same weapon and can hold aggro over some g13 sins. Neither of those classes get -interval gear with R9 while archer R9 is 5.0 friendly. While BMs and sins are in flimsy G12 TT99 gear you can be sporting R9+12 JoSDs.

Claws are also great for building chi quickly on NPCs and archers need all the chi they can get.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • oralungo
    oralungo Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    im more thingking claw archer is for farming.. we know.. no1 will bring archer to nirvana with bow (except its ur friend/faction help)...

in end gear its better dex...
    say.. u r cser n can get r9 in 1 night.. than u dont need build claw archer...
  • deathrider35
    deathrider35 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I say go 5aps with goreneox vanities, lots of damage and you still have aps without reducing any bow dmg. You need some +str addons from gear though...
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/16110