Good at all classes, need to choose one

CaitlinDan - Heavens Tear
CaitlinDan - Heavens Tear Posts: 187 Arc User
edited February 2012 in General Discussion
I love this game, and last year, I stopped because I was stretching myself thin with all my characters.

I have a 88 cleric, 95 barb, 83 mystic, 81 veno, I've also tried a BM, psychic, sin, wizard.

The thing is, every time I try going to an instance - BH, FF, TT - everyone tells me that I'm good at that toon and they'd ask me along. My cleric gets PMs to heal for various stuff, my barb is always called for tanking.

I'm just feeling a bit stretched out? I've been jumping around classes last year, that's why I stopped playing, cause I was so drained. This year I thought I'd stick to my cleric but the expansion skills seem... Umm.. I don't know whether I'm reading it right, but it seems average. And I'm also tired of some squads who run all over the place, and I do everything to keep them alive and they still call me fail.

As for my barb, I love it actually. It's fun tanking! However, I like damage too, and I'm not sure whether getting to 100 and restating to claws is something I wanna do.

I love my mystic. Love plants, love the summons - Storm Mistress can freaking AOE! I love how they burn through MP charms.

As for the veno, the debuffs are good, myriad rainbow is awesome, amp is excellent at speeding things up in dungeons and coupled with ironwood scarab, woooo. But problem is getting into squads. No one wants a veno? But I love that I farmed for the herc and nix all those years ago, and they have helped me solo instances and so on.

Then playing all the other characters. I also hear that BMs are most welcomed throughout the game. So bleh, I don't know.

As in, I hope to have your help, in choosing one. In terms of, ease of getting into squads, damage, and endgame content. Or if you think I should stick to what I have, which out of the four should I stick with? Maybe some reasons why? It would help.

Thank you!
I copied Desdi's font color. It's too pretty. Forgive me Desdi b:thanks
Post edited by CaitlinDan - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Vixter - Harshlands
    Vixter - Harshlands Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    any APS type of char would be expensive to gear, but theyre always wanted in different parties, especially bms, and theyre so versatile, so it really depends on your wallet for that char.

if you dont want to be depended on so much, i wouldnt choose a cleric. mystics have a lot of dependability too if theres no cleric in the squad.

barbs ... hard to say. theyre wanted by a lot of people, but not by others. that all depends on you, but seeing as its your highest character, maybe stick with it. i personally love barbs, but it really just depends on the people your playing with.

all else classes i would qualify as a normal dd... thats your choice in those matters.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vixter (101 Heavy Veno) ~ TT farmer
    Peachie (102 Mystic) ~ Main character
  • CaitlinDan - Heavens Tear
    CaitlinDan - Heavens Tear Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    OMG IT'S TREEHUGS!

Sorry, I actually followed all your posts on Mystics when I made them. They were really clear and stuff, so it helped when I was building my mystic.

I'm surprised that you suggested my barb seeing as how you're a veno/mystic and I have a herc and nix for my veno lol. Level is not a concern really. As in, I don't MIND that my barb is the highest level, and I won't continue it just because it's highest level. I would rather know what's going to be useful through to end game.

Does that change your vote? Seeing as how you have (gulps), two characters at 101 - veno and mystic.
    I copied Desdi's font color. It's too pretty. Forgive me Desdi b:thanks
  • RageKill - Lost City
    RageKill - Lost City Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I never enjoyed being a barb, so i am just gonna pass on that one. Too high of a repair bill, too high of a charm tic and so on.

I'd go with mystic or veno. veno because awesome in pvp, or mystic because you are great in pvp and can heal like a mother if you know how to use your toon. Only issue with mystic is they need a purify type of skill or summon. Like a plant you can summon that will AoE purify randomly would even make me happy.
  • SteamyFish - Lost City
    SteamyFish - Lost City Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    i say veno/barb

both fun to play also at end game people will actuali need you...sometimes. :D
  • sachelfunlol
    sachelfunlol Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I started with a cleric, then when the RT's came I made a sin to help out in the faction(we had plenty of clerics at the time). I liked the sin so much it end up being my main char up to now, donated her gear to a friend(it was out of date and was in process of getting newer). Don't get me wrong I love clerics but I get more done with my sin and can support my catshop for fund coins for my other chars. My cleric has really taken a back seat as now I am addicted to barbs, there high hp and ability to tank anything their level is quite impressive. TBH I should have made a barb first, but does not matter now.

I have other chars as well, 2 archers 2 venos, (actualy have 2 barbs too b:laugh) a wiz and a mistic. They are all 60 and below except the main barb which is 91 and cleric that is 95. When furrball gets to 95, going to slow down so i can get a cube neck, work on catching up on quests and the new maps. My goal with him is full r8 recast with lunar nirvana axes which will take quite some time to finish as the cost it will be for a full vit sharded barb. I think he will be pushing 35k hp. well pwcalc is down but all vit shards, cube neck, warsoul belt(have), forest hat(have) , cloudcharger rob(have), 2 pq3 rings(farming now atm) axes(ahve lunars but will upgrade) then the recasted r8 gears. I am thinking 6months to a year of farming. I cant wait b:victory. My other chars I have not decided on including the cleric.

Ok off my fantasy spree, I suggest to stick with one char and stick with it till you get it to what you want, gear ect and level. THen move on to build another. I noticed to having many chars can be more a burden than anything. Having a farming char is not bad at all and I suggest it and any char can be one, mine is my sin because of how well geared it is already, no use rerolling and wasting coins for another.

I suggest barb b:bye
    Lets troll the forums together b:victory
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Veno. b:cool

If end game farming is something you're interested in, venos can go to both regular and caster Nirvana. And as you've pointed out you already have a Herc and a Nix, you can solo lots of stuff if you can't find other people to help you.

Plus venos are just all around awesome.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hurrdurr - Lothranis
    Hurrdurr - Lothranis Posts: 1,468 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    BM/Wizard. Two classes that I love to play because it's interesting. Bear in mind I have no trouble with funding of any sort and my main concern is PvP.
  • Brillance - Raging Tide
    Brillance - Raging Tide Posts: 1,643 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I agree with Sachel. Im sorry I made my Mystic, although I absolutely love playing it.

But if I had known what I know now, I would have ONLY made a Sin. Sin's are where the moneys at, and we all know you need money to really enjoy playing the game.

Make a Sin! You wont be sorry.

APS might be expensive to gear, but you get more than paid back once you can do unlimited Nirvy runs. Makes no good sense to make anything else, unless you have tons of real life cash to throw away on pixels.

b:pleased
  • Hurrdurr - Lothranis
    edited February 2012
    Make a sin and you'll be so bored of the game by the time you hit 100 that you have no motivation to play. Make a sin and you will regret it.
  • Brillance - Raging Tide
    Brillance - Raging Tide Posts: 1,643 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Well, he always has his other chars to fall back on IF he gets tired of getting rich. *winks*
  • S_Swipe - Sanctuary
    S_Swipe - Sanctuary Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Barbs are always needed... *in game ninja smile*
  • Hurrdurr - Lothranis
    edited February 2012
    Problem of playing a sin is not being rich, it's lack of player input as well as lack of variation. Also your avatar looks ugly...
  • Baby_pho - Heavens Tear
    Baby_pho - Heavens Tear Posts: 636 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    depends on you

but before i vote i'd like to know the following things.

1) do you plan to pve or pvp or both?

2)do you plan to have 1 char only and super gear it? spend all the coins you farm to gear only that char?

3) you like mellee or mag?

either way i'd sugest a bm. easy to get aps. decent hp with average gear. awesome debuff. always wanted in squad. tho the down side to bm is the skills are expensive. but it is way worth it to get the skills.
  • Paolo_Silver - Sanctuary
    Paolo_Silver - Sanctuary Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Mystic would be good for you, you like to heal and you can do nice dmg.
  • sachelfunlol
    sachelfunlol Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Problem of playing a sin is not being rich, it's lack of player input as well as lack of variation. Also your avatar looks ugly...

b:angry

lol, your right on the avatar part and yes sins are perfect for farming but it gets boring and lonely, only thing i get pm for now days is to solo this solo that, and nirvana(well thats not to bad). I do not mind helping people but it has gotten to the point where its becomming a given to get a op sin to solo something for you. When I leveled my cleric and sin both we always did it in a traditional squad, doing it fast or slow doesnt bother me, but i prefer fun over speed. I have many times been tempted to turn my sin into a catshop because of it. Teamwork is slowly dissapearing from this game and I think the dev's know from the new area they released. It more geared more to teamwork even the new instance.

Don't get me wrong I love my sin but lonely too
    Lets troll the forums together b:victory