What happened to all the Psyhics

Shayd - Raging Tide
Shayd - Raging Tide Posts: 475 Arc User
edited April 2012 in Psychic
Really, when Rising Tide was out there was tons of them, now you can hardly see any, and in PK? West Arch/Silver Pool? One a week! I though they Hit hard and reflect damage, I ask because I'm bored with Mystic and I want some alt to play on, I'm not making Assassin, they are over powered and over used by now, besides I had one on old server and i've seen what they can do, lvling one up again would be pain. I don't see many Mystics in PvP either, I could choose PvP Server but now...it's kinda too late
Mystic: 99 lvl (Main)
Psychic: 96 lvl (Alt)
Assassin: 78 lvl (Retired)
Cleric: 75 lvl (Retired)

Big bumpy ride since 2008
Post edited by Shayd - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Really, when Rising Tide was out there was tons of them, now you can hardly see any, and in PK? West Arch/Silver Pool? One a week! I though they Hit hard and reflect damage, I ask because I'm bored with Mystic and I want some alt to play on, I'm not making Assassin, they are over powered and over used by now, besides I had one on old server and i've seen what they can do, lvling one up again would be pain. I don't see many Mystics in PvP either, I could choose PvP Server but now...it's kinda too late

I just finished my lv. 100 culti, so I can learn lv. 100 skills now. So physics are not DEAD.b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I play Psychic, very much even XD I really enjoy that class but I indeed noticed a decrease in them. That, however, could be either that there are many rank 9 Psychics that spend their time AFKing or running instances with faction (aka being slaves xD) or people just got bored of them?
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Shayd - Raging Tide
    Shayd - Raging Tide Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Well, I can dream about Rank 9 as it costs 2000+ Dollars (People really get it? Really?) But on the other side Psyhic geared with it and refined would wipe assassin population at sight
    Mystic: 99 lvl (Main)
    Psychic: 96 lvl (Alt)
    Assassin: 78 lvl (Retired)
    Cleric: 75 lvl (Retired)

Big bumpy ride since 2008
  • MrMelvin - Heavens Tear
    MrMelvin - Heavens Tear Posts: 388 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Well I've noticed that now people are unable to handle having a psy in a squad. It might sound stupid but its true for example:

My mystic joined an FF as a DD, we had a cleric, barb, bm, sin, myself and needed one more DD, I WC'd (as the leader was out of tele's) and got a reply from a psy, I invited them and passed leader back to whoever it was. They insta-kicked the psy followed by "no psys" and the cleric agreed, I asked why and was told they are too powerful for FF, WC for another sin.

I left the squad straight away because that was just stupid, I made a squad with the psy because I felt bad and I ended up solo healing the FF and it was an amazing run.

I feel that now with more and more people just FF plvling to 80+ they don't know how characters work properly and only think that sins can DD because of 5APS and Nirvana. I love having a psy in my squads! They are great DDs and people should see that and make more. This also goes with Wizards for me.
  • Vancore - Sanctuary
    Vancore - Sanctuary Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Well I've noticed that now people are unable to handle having a psy in a squad. It might sound stupid but its true for example:

My mystic joined an FF as a DD, we had a cleric, barb, bm, sin, myself and needed one more DD, I WC'd (as the leader was out of tele's) and got a reply from a psy, I invited them and passed leader back to whoever it was. They insta-kicked the psy followed by "no psys" and the cleric agreed, I asked why and was told they are too powerful for FF, WC for another sin.

I left the squad straight away because that was just stupid, I made a squad with the psy because I felt bad and I ended up solo healing the FF and it was an amazing run.

I feel that now with more and more people just FF plvling to 80+ they don't know how characters work properly and only think that sins can DD because of 5APS and Nirvana. I love having a psy in my squads! They are great DDs and people should see that and make more. This also goes with Wizards for me.

1. that makes no secnce a sin is far more likely to be an agro thief than a psy
    2. the only place a psy would be OP would be on big pull but that shouldnt be a problem if the bm is half decent and stuns then HFs on time
    3. a skilled psy is one of the most survivable classes in FCC with our various defensive skills and heals, case and point bubble boss SoR bounces that damn bubble back and BoL will save any cleric if they get it

now to the OP, whey the TB first came out everyone thought psys would replace wizzys but we dont we are a comparable class but we have a completely different roll in squad yes we DD but we have suport duties and if need be tank a boss in white voodoo, done this sevral times, that as someone else said a lot of people with psys as main just went r9 and are now bored as all hell, which is why i never will, loads of people found it a far too complicated/confusing class to play so they went to a sin, and then when the EG came out at least on my server a lot of ppl went to seekers and mystics cause i see way more of either of those than i ever did psys even at our peak,

personal rant time

The worse part of the EG for us is that EG skill books drop way more than anyone else and sins still drop more than psys, i cant got one day when BH100 is seat/abba and i dont see at least 5 different skill books for EG while i can months w/o seeing a single psy book drop, and to add inside insult to injury the devs are **** us over royal when the new skills come out clerics get an improved diminished vigor, mystics get a better empowered vigor they can cast on the whole squad, and to top it off everyone is getting our signature stat off SOULFORCEb:angryb:angryb:angry, and to top it off we only get one new att that's meant to be used in white voodoo and a pile of chi draining suport skills we get no new DD power while everyone else does even mystics are getting more new atts than use mystics damn itb:angryb:angry

/personal rant

but on another note as high lvl psy that does pvp even with +3/+5 gear and wep i got on quit a few r9 barbs and archers KoS lists in TW and regular pvp so we are feared by even the most powerful, the skills and status effects we can dish out are for the most part unknown, and used in the right combo utterly devastating, r9 or not ppl fear us so we do have that as a silver lining
    Federation of United Casters Keeping Others From Failing And
    Positively Succeeding (Taken from SkogDyr of Lost City)
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    2. the only place a psy would be OP would be on big pull but that shouldnt be a problem if the bm is half decent and stuns then HFs on time
    3. a skilled psy is one of the most survivable classes in FCC with our various defensive skills and heals, case and point bubble boss SoR bounces that damn bubble back and BoL will save any cleric if they get it

now to the OP, whey the TB first came out everyone thought psys would replace wizzys but we dont we are a comparable class but we have a completely different roll in squad yes we DD but we have suport duties and if need be tank a boss in white voodoo, done this sevral times, that as someone else said a lot of people with psys as main just went r9 and are now bored as all hell, which is why i never will, loads of people found it a far too complicated/confusing class to play so they went to a sin, and then when the EG came out at least on my server a lot of ppl went to seekers and mystics cause i see way more of either of those than i ever did psys even at our peak,

personal rant time

The worse part of the EG for us is that EG skill books drop way more than anyone else and sins still drop more than psys, i cant got one day when BH100 is seat/abba and i dont see at least 5 different skill books for EG while i can months w/o seeing a single psy book drop, and to add inside insult to injury the devs are **** us over royal when the new skills come out clerics get an improved diminished vigor, mystics get a better empowered vigor they can cast on the whole squad, and to top it off everyone is getting our signature stat off SOULFORCEb:angryb:angryb:angry, and to top it off we only get one new att that's meant to be used in white voodoo and a pile of chi draining suport skills we get no new DD power while everyone else does even mystics are getting more new atts than use mystics damn itb:angryb:angry

/personal rant

but on another note as high lvl psy that does pvp even with +3/+5 gear and wep i got on quit a few r9 barbs and archers KoS lists in TW and regular pvp so we are feared by even the most powerful, the skills and status effects we can dish out are for the most part unknown, and used in the right combo utterly devastating, r9 or not ppl fear us so we do have that as a silver lining

I agree. Chi drain of new skills is just RIDICULOUS. We need spark for every good skill. Dev. are totally idiots.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MrMelvin - Heavens Tear
    MrMelvin - Heavens Tear Posts: 388 Arc User
    edited January 2012

I totally agree, I'm all for having psys in my squads but people on HT at least, don't seem to understand how good they are.

Just thought I'd mention again that I like psys in my squads since it kinda came across that you thought I'd kicked the psy and didn't like them.
  • Vancore - Sanctuary
    Vancore - Sanctuary Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I totally agree, I'm all for having psys in my squads but people on HT at least, don't seem to understand how good they are.

Just thought I'd mention again that I like psys in my squads since it kinda came across that you thought I'd kicked the psy and didn't like them.

im talking smack about you just saying the ppl in your squad were morons
    Federation of United Casters Keeping Others From Failing And
    Positively Succeeding (Taken from SkogDyr of Lost City)
  • Cathyx - Raging Tide
    Cathyx - Raging Tide Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I noticed servers are full of seekers and sins.... I played with psychics from the start and i love them (i cant even think about my main to be other than psychic tryed all classes but everytime i go back to my psychic <3) and i would like to see more psychics :( and many times i noticed that i am only psychic in squads and many times when i try to get partys they want mystics,sins,blademasters and wizards b:sad

I hope someday i have lvl 100 psychic but it seems kinda hard dunno why.... or i am just lazy xD
  • Rangergod - Raging Tide
    Rangergod - Raging Tide Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I personally don't mind the decrease in psychics. I say that because well, It's not that I don't like other psychics in my party; It's that others don't like more then 2 psychics in the party. That Fact actually made me give up on FCs (hence why I'm still lvl 99{90.9% till 100} >_>)

When the demon/sage came out There were many demon psychics bein' chosen for squads cause of the fire power. Where as ( in my cases) I was kicked and then replaced with a demon psychic (I'm sage ofc)

Everyone remembers decrease in wizards right? It's happening to us. However, to me, Wizards are loved even more. When you go in a TW vs QQme or leviathan ( back when they were the owners of 50% of land lol) and get nucked by a wizard ( that isn't even r9 or r8) and they kill like 5 ppl in your guild with that 1 move. You see in the chats "Damn wizards". Soon that will happen to us even more. When ppl rage because we joined the fight.

Let the fall of us psychics be a benefit to us for we (who are good, know our roll and can control aggro, etc, etc) will be looked at as ancient warriors. The children of the Wizards of ol', the "Power of the mind is an unstoppable force", says the 20 people that just got killed by 1 psychic that was only r8.

Sorry for the Word wall if you read it thanks for reading.
    "In case you can't do the math, as you stand there alone and consider fighting me, you'll be facing an army of over 30,000 hollows!" - Aaroniero Arruruerie, Novena Espada

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LuciferV - Raging Tide
    LuciferV - Raging Tide Posts: 381 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Psychicssss Forrreeeevvvvvvvvvaaaaaaaaaaaaa b:dirty
    Don't F. with me, I F. back ;)
  • Revalen - Raging Tide
    Revalen - Raging Tide Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Psychicssss Forrreeeevvvvvvvvvaaaaaaaaaaaaa b:dirty

thisb:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • GodoFroid - Lost City
    GodoFroid - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    yeah ive felt the contempt of other classes myself, in FC once the barb didnt want join the squad before i left it or i see several times when people leave the squad once im invited, in fact thats the reason im still 98, is really hard to get a squad that doesnt complain about the psy presence, so i started playin my frosts early in mornings, for some reason european (not american) players seem to be more open minded. and is the fact that squad memor bers seem to always be espectin us to die just to say hey stupid noob doesnt know to control aggro, so besides is hard to get squad, we must always do over perfect runs cause everyone can die but if psychic dies comes the hell, kinda frustatin u know?
  • Rangergod - Raging Tide
    Rangergod - Raging Tide Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    yeah ive felt the contempt of other classes myself, in FC once the barb didnt want join the squad before i left it or i see several times when people leave the squad once im invited, in fact thats the reason im still 98, is really hard to get a squad that doesnt complain about the psy presence, so i started playin my frosts early in mornings, for some reason european (not american) players seem to be more open minded. and is the fact that squad memor bers seem to always be espectin us to die just to say hey stupid noob doesnt know to control aggro, so besides is hard to get squad, we must always do over perfect runs cause everyone can die but if psychic dies comes the hell, kinda frustatin u know?

Are you a sage or demon psychic? To get past the whole "everyone leaves" I say, "Sage Veangeance, bubble of life, both voodoos, earth vector and psychic will. But don't worry I Can control aggro". I have this msg saved in my notepad copy paste all ready. lol
    "In case you can't do the math, as you stand there alone and consider fighting me, you'll be facing an army of over 30,000 hollows!" - Aaroniero Arruruerie, Novena Espada

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Erryne - Sanctuary
    Erryne - Sanctuary Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I was about to comment on the fact I never had that happen on the occasional FCC I do once in a while, until I remembered that I only ever fcc with my sibling's cleric. Yeah, I has the advantage of a trump card to go and I do remember some answers to my whisper being a little reluctant to my presence...
  • GodoFroid - Lost City
    GodoFroid - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    good idea Rangergod from now on ill say "sage bubbled-vengance 98 psy lf frost " b:victoryb:laugh
  • Mesro - Heavens Tear
    Mesro - Heavens Tear Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    My main toon is a Psy, lvl 92 Currently. I went Demon on him, partly for higher dmg dealt. I have him set to tank build, since I plan to solo FF at lvl 100. If I can get my full tt90 Armor by lvl 95, Ill attempt it then. I already do well with taking on multiple groups of mobs and surviving in FF. I have only mostly OHT Armor, and no TT armor. I actually enjoy playing a Psy more than any other class, even though I have a toon of almost every class.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Erryne - Sanctuary
    Erryne - Sanctuary Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Well, it's doable indeed. One time, after a TW, someone in my faction decided to do a fcc with faction only, we ended up being 3 cleric, 1 sin, 1 veno(or 4th cleric? lol) and myself as psychic. I looked at squad and pretty much said, "ok, I'm pulling in white voodoo". Been a while I wanted to try it, ever since I had readed people reporting of psychic doing full hall pull. Didn't had previous experience, but it went very well.

By tank build, do you mean a vit build? Since you mentionned you had at most oht armor to use, this does sound like the best idea to be able to have fun on your psychic currently. Pure magic is more fun, but only if you got the gears to back it up. Once you do, you may want to think about it then. :)
  • blackeroasis
    blackeroasis Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    You guys need to come to harshlands... psys are all over the place there
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    _Perses_ - Lost City Posts: 1,917 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    On Lost city....besides the psychic's in my guild (like 2 active xD), my psychic (which I am trying to vigourously lvl to 100 now and get r9 for), and maybe 1-2 I see in world chat...oh wait..

Nvm, that is about the total psychic population on LC :>, but hell it works out well. Makes us seem a **** ton more epic when we come into squads and basically do the job of Tank, DD, and rule the squad :>
    Nothing worthwhile to mention here, enjoy the animated signature~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Arctix - Dreamweaver
    Arctix - Dreamweaver Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    In DW its most likely to be most psys r 60+
    Among 80+ about 90% of them r alts b:sad

Ya psy own at higher lvls not many ppl get it at low lvl n wen they get to know a psy they make an alt b:chuckle
  • SoniMax - Sanctuary
    SoniMax - Sanctuary Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    LOL WHEN THERE'S ANOTHER PSY IN MY SQUAD I THROW A PARTY LIKE IT'S MY B-DAY b:laugh
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=15081871001&dateline=1339865979[/SIGPIC]
    They see me trollin`
    They hatin`
    Patrolling they tryin` to catch me writin` dirty
    Tryin to catch me writin` dirty X4
    My music so loud
    I'm flamin`
  • DemansPsy - Lost City
    DemansPsy - Lost City Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    My main toon is a Psy, lvl 92 Currently. I went Demon on him, partly for higher dmg dealt. I have him set to tank build, since I plan to solo FF at lvl 100. If I can get my full tt90 Armor by lvl 95, Ill attempt it then. I already do well with taking on multiple groups of mobs and surviving in FF. I have only mostly OHT Armor, and no TT armor. I actually enjoy playing a Psy more than any other class, even though I have a toon of almost every class.

Wait what? oht gear is better than HH99 gear, especially on a psy class 0_o(going from oht to hh90 would be a downgrade..), and you defiantly should be able to solo it by 100, first time i completely soloed the instance was with a +10 lunar sphere, but i was still light armor the first time i did it, which was a little better on the mobs, but terrible on the bosses since they spam magic.

On topic, idk, I've seen a lot of psy on my server, maybe it's just the people i hang around?
    full 3r9 +11/12 (still using immac shards though) w/o CSing, leveled to 105 spaming pv, yes i have no life =D
  • Psychel - Dreamweaver
    Psychel - Dreamweaver Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    LOL WHEN THERE'S ANOTHER PSY IN MY SQUAD I THROW A PARTY LIKE IT'S MY B-DAY b:laugh

Haha.b:chuckle I might do the same too now :P

I love having 3 psys in squad. Was totally pawning in FC runs. The over stunning of mobs and killing the group of pulled mobs before any psys took a damage. When fighting against the FC bosses, our chat overflows with SB SB SB SB SB SB!! XD

note: SB = Soulburn
    Wow, I see you... Now you don't... isn't that trolling? b:shutup
  • Beeblebrox - Harshlands
    Beeblebrox - Harshlands Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    You guys need to come to harshlands... psys are all over the place there

Wurd.
  • Sagek - Sanctuary
    Sagek - Sanctuary Posts: 1,156 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    It's kinda funny you guys didn't see this coming, I mean being Phychic's and all.
    b:nosebleed
  • MrJenkins - Harshlands
    MrJenkins - Harshlands Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    In my opinion, Harshlands is TEEMING with Psychic's.
  • Vindrael - Lost City
    Vindrael - Lost City Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I love my psy. I stopped playing PWI for almost a year, but with Descent released I came back. I'm having a lot of fun! It's almost like playing the game for the first time again...
  • Psychel - Dreamweaver
    Psychel - Dreamweaver Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I love my psy. I stopped playing PWI for almost a year, but with Descent released I came back. I'm having a lot of fun! It's almost like playing the game for the first time again...

1 Acronym, 1 Word, 1 smiley...

WB, EPIC, b:cool
    Wow, I see you... Now you don't... isn't that trolling? b:shutup
  • Yadira - Lost City
    Yadira - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I love my psychic! :)b:chuckle