Refining Question

Options
dafortminor
dafortminor Posts: 0 Arc User
edited February 2012 in Dungeons & Tactics
Just a question, I am reading everything, but what i don't get is. by what level would you suggest refining equipment at?

And could anyone explain Dragon orb and gems etc where do you get them, what do they do?

Post edited by dafortminor on

Comments

• Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Depends on your leveling speed, but most don't recommend refining beyond +2 or +3 until 90+ and you have gear you'll keep for a while... but that was before hypers and Frost's conversion to an experience dungeon, so if you power level maybe 100+.

Dragon orbs guarantee a successful refine (of the level of the orb or below.) Gems have nothing to do with refining; they're imbued into empty sockets on your gear (weapon or armor, ornaments don't have sockets.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Mythsoul - Heavens Tear
    Mythsoul - Heavens Tear Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Dragon orbs come from the cash shop / other players, Mayfly explained the rest :)
    All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring.
  • Chrysanth - Heavens Tear
    Chrysanth - Heavens Tear Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Personally I would say to start refining at around level 70 or 80. That's when you need the extra HP for hard hitting mobs, aoes and bosses. Levels prior to this usually fly by quite fast and you change armour pretty often. At 70 you slow down drastically and might want to go for gold or green armour.

I wouldn't suggest to refine like crazy though, just +1 or +2 with some hp shards in your armour to give that extra boost. Once you reach 90 you can start refining a little bit higher, around +3 or max +4, and save your money and mirage stones for your final armour, be it 99, nirvana or rank. These can then be refined to whatever standard you want and worked on during the rest of the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]