Descent has ruined PWI

Options

Comments

• WyldJenna - Raging Tide
    WyldJenna - Raging Tide Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I dont do PVE because I have an "intense and irrational fear" of being killed by other players, I do it because I got tired of constantly being PKd by players so far above my level I could not fight back, and because if I defend myself from a PKer that I can kill on a PVP server my name changes color then PK hunters come after me, all this garbage while attempting to do quests is annoying and it really is not acceptable, if I want to PVP I'll dual thanks

most PKers that attack other players who are questing, are irrational idiots who want to take out their frustrations on others, thanks but no thanks
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Why do you insist that PVE people have an "intense and irrational fear" of being killed by other players? Some people simply don't want to deal with the annoyance it can cause, it has nothing to do with fear.

If I want to PVP, I'll go white named. If I'm questing, I don't want to deal with PVP (unless I choose to go white named while questing or play one of my characters on LC).

No one wants to deal with annoyances. But they are simply annoyances. What I described was not a reasonable reaction to annoyances, but flat out rage that we see from many PvE'ers on this subject. Not just "I don't want to deal with it, it annoys me" but "HOW DARE YOU PWI IM QUITTING RAAAAAGEEEQQQQQ..." etc.

@WyldJenna, that situation you described would not apply in SP, as you take no penalty for dying or killing. Do you see my point?
  • RunningTiger - Dreamweaver
    RunningTiger - Dreamweaver Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I agree- this expansion is fail on many levels.

Pk again in secret passage........

The way to get influence an presige is totally fail---> it should be sold for massive amounts of coin from an npc(to act as a coinsink)

The weekly quest monster should be somewhere inbetween a world boss an the harpy wraith in difficulty, not the wussy boss they have that can be soloed by most clases.

The aps nerf-should be undone- --it only hurts those who don't have the uberist 5.0 gear. Those of us with great gear +12 are irraitated like driving over a speed bump.

Many of the skills are missing. Many of the skills are plain wimpy and pointless to even get. Damn it the bm one should work with blood paint.....

was released with an error or something that requires you to fix a dll and to go redo direct x....totally fail

Still cat get blessings,dq items, etc..totally fail.

At first it seemed like it would be a cool expansion, but really it just sucked....I wonder if it looking so deserted everywhere is just people that can't get the game to work, or people who just plain had enough finally?
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    No one wants to deal with annoyances. But they are simply annoyances. What I described was not a reasonable reaction to annoyances, but flat out rage that we see from many PvE'ers on this subject. Not just "I don't want to deal with it, it annoys me" but "HOW DARE YOU PWI IM QUITTING RAAAAAGEEEQQQQQ..." etc.

Oh, well yeah, that sort of reaction is going a bit overboard.b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WyldJenna - Raging Tide
    WyldJenna - Raging Tide Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options

@WyldJenna, that situation you described would not apply in SP, as you take no penalty for dying or killing. Do you see my point?

yeah I see your point, and you're right its just an annoyance, I would simply report it and wait as I don't see the point of getting angry over it, or I would tell my faction members they could go PK eachother in there without penalty and then go get popcorn XD
  • totestotes
    totestotes Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I've only been playing for a month and after browsing through the forums (and talking to ANY high level player in-game) it's become obvious that the devs/gms don't really give a flying whoopah about you, the player. The updates seem to have minimal content released, shoddy bug fixes (if any) and direct more focus on fleshing out your character through the boutique. Just funnel your wallet into their cashshop to outgear the PKers or invest in a pay/subscription based game where your visa doesn't give you significant leverage over other players and you can pve/pvp when you want to, in peace.

Dunno why you're complaning tbh, GMs never seem to read or respond to these types of threads unless it's to lock it. b:chuckle
  • Kawaiiiii - Raging Tide
    Kawaiiiii - Raging Tide Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    all you bches do is complain. play the game or dont. easy as ****** that.
    +10 w/ Tisha: youtube.com/watch?v=tKHuXP8LRFU&feature=plcp
  • Tye - Harshlands
    Tye - Harshlands Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Unless it's a constant harassment, it is at best just an annoyance.

Problem is, alot of it is constant harassment. Especially in SP.
    I think most of this outrage stems from a vast portion of the PvE server population's intense and irrational fear of being killed in game.
    Some of us have bigger fears then getting killed in a game.

But they are simply annoyances.

I don't think i've ever heard that phrase in my life. wtf is that supposed to mean? It just doesn't sound like something I would every hear anyone say. Or is it just an attempt to sound smart? b:laugh Probably one of the dumbest things I've heard (read, whatever) in awhile.
  • Krarenka - Raging Tide
    Krarenka - Raging Tide Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    The new expansion recently added to pwi : Descent, has brought discomfort and discontent among pwi players.

A lot of bullies (mainly high Lvs), have recently appeared killing ppl indiscriminately, expecially low Lvs in several areas, even if they aren't in pvp mode.

What happened to the feauture which allow ppl to enter pvp mode to play among themselves?. Is it work still or it is just a simple ornament in the game?

PWI; once a safety game to play and relax, has become a nightmare now for those whishing to do so and enjoy the game while leveling up. I wonder if the developers knew about this type of problem before allowing a free pvp condition in the game.

PWI (the company) has been well-known, to separete pwe from pvp not only on this game but also on another titles as well but, it looks like it has failed to keep this running.

If i am wrong about this, i gladly accept any update to the subject of this thread, if not, expect a lot of ppl leaving pwi, simply cause they can no longer play it on the same way it used to be played.

And to those of u who classify me as whinnig baby for this, allow me to say that before a player can become a bully and abuse others on the way i have seen on pwi so far, it is neccesary to Lv up first. Just remember thay u were a low Lv and whished to play the game without been disturbed when u first started

If the ex-dreamworld now makes u not sleep, u can still wake up ( Translated= u can still leave the game)
    And lol, are some players still doing quests in SP? I find it always empty ....
    C'mon , stop crying about everything devs do, it's gettin' boring.
    Tell me what the hell Descent has to do with PvP . People was used to cry about umbalance etc. etc. they gave us new skills ( mentioning that sins' skills suck) and someone still dares to "QQ PWI u ruined da game again ! " ..... PATHETIC

And, "they didn't fix bugzzz " .... Lol? oh wait sometimes when u land or teleport to some mobs u can't move? Just fly and land back again, it will get better. Really wtf, all this writing+crying for a stupid bug that doesn't change the basic gameplay? You must be frustrated ijs
  • Dartwave - Sanctuary
    Dartwave - Sanctuary Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    In my opinion crying for the secret passage is pathetic ... u don't even need it for spirit cultivation and if u wanna do bh 29 u can just teleport inside from illusion stones... i has been in secret passage when pk was allowed and low levels don't get killed , if they take care to across the room flying to the top they won't be involved by aoe or something else... in truth , lots of low levels that i saw , had the bad habitude to insult and tease high levels in order to be killed by them and then QQ and complain , so pathetic.. expansion didn't ruin anything but instead ... it brought new tactical pvp and tw opportunies by adding new skills . And if u don't wanna be pked just stay blue name , no one will kill u .
  • Krarenka - Raging Tide
    Krarenka - Raging Tide Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    In my opinion crying for the secret passage is pathetic ... u don't even need it for spirit cultivation and if u wanna do bh 29 u can just teleport inside from illusion stones... i has been in secret passage when pk was allowed and low levels don't get killed , if they take care to across the room flying to the top they won't be involved by aoe or something else... in truth , lots of low levels that i saw , had the bad habitude to insult and tease high levels in order to be killed by them and then QQ and complain , so pathetic.. expansion didn't ruin anything but instead ... it brought new tactical pvp and tw opportunies by adding new skills . And if u don't wanna be pked just stay blue name , no one will kill u .

Couldn't say it better.
    + 1
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Couldn't say it better.
    + 1

Reading his post made me cringe and I died a little inside. I think anyone with a 6th grade education could say it better than him. b:surrender
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Belzeber - Raging Tide
    Belzeber - Raging Tide Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Reading his post made me cringe and I died a little inside. I think anyone with a 6th grade education could say it better than him. b:surrender

I couldn't have said it better myself.* (I think he meant his own post plus yours) b:laugh

I don't know about you guys but even with pk enabled for blue names in SP, it's still a ghost town on my server. West Gate or gtfo.

b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Awesome signature by Bellefleurs <3
    "Any tree can drop an apple. I'll drop the freakin' moon!"
    "Any voice can shake the air. My voice shakes the heart!"

pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1335981

Bring Toonami back to Cartoon Network! Show your support!
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I don't think i've ever heard that phrase in my life. wtf is that supposed to mean? It just doesn't sound like something I would every hear anyone say. Or is it just an attempt to sound smart? b:laugh Probably one of the dumbest things I've heard (read, whatever) in awhile.

o.O interesting...

Well, every word of that phrase is very basic as far as English goes, and it's not even a proper sentence. It's an average phrase, spoken by someone with average intelligence, and easily understandable by any with average intelligence. I was not trying to sound smart, and I dont see how that sort of interpretation was made, but maybe your basis for comparison just lies well below the line of average intelligence.
  • Takeva - Heavens Tear
    Takeva - Heavens Tear Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options

*sighs* What is this?

1.)Oht culti quest to kill Silver Frost is in SP.
    2.) Tideborn token quest is also in Sp and when using stone they get one shot by the mobs. I tried when I thought I wanted to level my sin at the time.
    3.) Not every new player knows about the illusion stone. Are you going to WC every minute to let them know about it?
    4.) The complaint is that blue named are getting killed in SP

Anyway this will all be reverted back anyway no point in this thread really b:bye
  • Trojax - Momaganon
    Trojax - Momaganon Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    In PvE servers the blue names can not be PKed outside a safe territory. At least in Momaganon b:irritated.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options

Actually this part is very true. Last time, before SP got reverted, some lowbies were **** talking in safe zone, and as you can guess, no one got to pass for a good amount of time afterward.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • sachelfunlol
    sachelfunlol Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    In my opinion crying for the secret passage is pathetic ... u don't even need it for spirit cultivation .

Not directly, but you will not finish your 100 cultivation unless you do the entire OHT quest chain, which requires silver frost.
    Lets troll the forums together b:victory
  • sachelfunlol
    edited February 2012
    Options
    One thing I will not do is go in the new instance with a random squad again, no one knows how to listen anymore, much less try.
  • Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide
    Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide Posts: 934 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I absolutely love how it's everyone from Raging Tides telling people to stop complaining in this thread, lol. We are normally the ones who have the reputation from trolling everything we can get our hands on.

Also, I'm in agreement with my Trolling Tides brethren, stop whining so much. Play the game or leave, simple as that.
  • sachelfunlol
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I absolutely love how it's everyone from Raging Tides telling people to stop complaining in this thread, lol. We are normally the ones who have the reputation from trolling everything we can get our hands on.

Also, I'm in agreement with my Trolling Tides brethren, stop whining so much. Play the game or leave, simple as that.

b:victoryb:bye
  • FatalFem - Heavens Tear
    FatalFem - Heavens Tear Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    In PvE servers the blue names can not be PKed outside a safe territory. At least in Momaganon b:irritated.

Since the expansion blue names can be pk'd even at level 2 or 22 inside the secret passage. Keep up!!
  • Brillance - Raging Tide
    Brillance - Raging Tide Posts: 1,643 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options

Im from RT, and Im not so impressed. But sure, we can all leave the game to you. Im sure the games owner wont mind. Not like they are in the MMO business for the money or anything. Its more like just a Public Service. >.<

I dont want too, but you know, if thats the best anyone can come with...OKAY everyone can just leave. Cool! b:bye
  • Jhalil - Heavens Tear
    Jhalil - Heavens Tear Posts: 865 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    At poster above, anyone that's actually complaining or would quit/leave because of the SP Pking is most likely not a paying customer to leave over something so trivial that will be fixed eventually (again) anyway.
    So yeah, for those who are so upset because of them getting roflstomped on their low leveled toons can just quit, PWE couldn't care less.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Still trying to move your cursor, eh?
  • John_Smith - Harshlands
    John_Smith - Harshlands Posts: 865 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Deal with it, jesus.
    I've quit excluding TW for my faction. But I still hang around to help out those who still enjoy the game under PWEs horrific handling and to have fun in the forums. b:cute
    #Shame about PWEs absolutely craptastic handling of the goons glitching. Remember kids, there's no punishment for breaking the rules here!#
    If you make a valid complaint, your thread will disapear. Don't post it here, post it on other sites where PW can't hide it.
    edited February 2012
    Options
    @ Jhalil

Im a paying player that doesnt PK. If you just ran up and killed me because I entered SP, then yeah...my money would easily find itself spent elsewhere.

If you cant just run & kill me in SP, then I agree. The whole thread is just a troll thread.

I just hear too many people all across the forums telling people to leave if they dont like just about anything.

I dont want people leave is all. Its hard to play an MMO all by yourself.

Peace out!
    edited February 2012
    Options
    @ Jhalil

Im a paying player that doesnt PK. If you just ran up and killed me because I entered SP, then yeah...my money would easily find itself spent elsewhere.

If you cant just run & kill me in SP, then I agree. The whole thread is just a troll thread.

I just hear too many people all across the forums telling people to leave if they dont like just about anything.

I dont want people leave is all. Its hard to play an MMO all by yourself.

Peace out!

I believe you're confused. you're not paying to play. The game is free. What you are doing is donating money to PWE because you are so impressed with how they run their game. If you're not impressed, stop donating. They will get the picture then.
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I believe you're confused. you're not paying to play. The game is free. What you are doing is donating money to PWE because you are so impressed with how they run their game. If you're not impressed, stop donating. They will get the picture then.

Well, I am. No MMO is perfect. And if you would kill me for something like my Warsoul of Heaven or my Sign of Antiquity:Chaos, and then tell me if I didnt really appreciate it that I could just leave - I would.

Just cause Im not buying a silly subscription, doesnt mean Im not paying to play. The only reason Im buying the game cards is so I can be the best Mystic I can be - and not to give someone some jollies.

Whats the big thrill with a bunch of R9's roflstomping "a bunch of low levels" anyway? LOL
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Well, I am. No MMO is perfect. And if you would kill me for something like my Warsoul of Heaven or my Sign of Antiquity:Chaos, and then tell me if I didnt really appreciate it that I could just leave - I would.

PK in SP is penalty free. No one can get any of your stuff if they kill you in there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2012
    Options

Just cause Im not buying a silly subscription, doesnt mean Im not paying to play. The only reason Im buying the game cards is so I can be the best Mystic I can be - and not to give someone some jollies.

You misunderstood me. I'm not calling your payments donations. Thats what PWE is calling them. It's in the EULA or ToS, cant remember which. Any money given to them for any reason by you is considered a donation. Also I have no interest in killing you. Not sure where that came from o.O
This discussion has been closed.