Descent v612 update - Can't Patch, Invisible Chars, .dll error, HELP!

Comments

• anthos2011
    anthos2011 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Hello: I just wanted to thank "darthpanda16" for posting the links to fix the various patch issues with Descent. and to "beckymcclure" for reposting the full post because i might not have seen it then. I used the invisible characters link and it fixed my problems.

b:thanksb:thanksb:thanks
  • shadowssin666
    shadowssin666 Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    DirectX sucks......tried to download it and all it did was give me errors why dont you guys figure something out or your going to lose players because of this DirectX ****
  • SakiBloom - Dreamweaver
    SakiBloom - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    i completely wiped my computer and now are working thru the installer disk and getting things back in order hopefully i will not have "corupted files like customer support is telling me i had" so once download is done i will let u know if i can see characters and all that jazz.
  • Kingofwolfes - Archosaur
    Kingofwolfes - Archosaur Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    i need the newest client for pacth for perfect worldb:sad
  • oendar
    oendar Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    422709_231030973655796_100002466844938_466103_1878193265_n.jpg

anyone can give me solution for this, please?
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited February 2012
    i need the newest client for pacth for perfect worldb:sad

then you have two paths to follow.

A. let it auto-update and wait 3-6 hours for it to get updated.

B. Download the manual patch from one of the several stickied threads that contains the link and update with the manual patch you downloaded. (Seriously, this thread is even one of them, read the first post.)

Oh wait, I guess there's a third option...

C. Shoot yourself in the head for being so dim. I mean really, that's about the saddest thing you could possibly do. Post in the thread about the update saying you need the update. Go buy a vowel.
    DirectX sucks......tried to download it and all it did was give me errors why dont you guys figure something out or your going to lose players because of this DirectX ****

Yes, because updating the game engine to comply with standards almost 10 freaking years old is such a bad thing that everyone will quit PWI.

Get a life dude, and buy a new system while you're at it.
    P.S. Dude, shadowssin666, I searched you up on the forums, you appear about as intelligent as the dude I quoted above you in this post. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2012
    oendar wrote: »
    422709_231030973655796_100002466844938_466103_1878193265_n.jpg

anyone can give me solution for this, please?

Unfortunately, that image has been shrunk to the point of not making any sense at all. Offhand I would say that you need to install a real video driver for your card. But truly, you didn't bother to post any helpful info, and failed at the image on top of that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KaTiEe_BuG - Archosaur
    KaTiEe_BuG - Archosaur Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    the error message for dowloading directx9.oc is 'Cabinet file necessary for installation cannot be trusted please verify the Crypographic Services are enabled' and they are enabled but wont let me install it........HELPPPPPP pleaseee b:cryb:cry
  • KaTiEe_BuG - Archosaur
    KaTiEe_BuG - Archosaur Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    the error message for dowloading directx9.oc is 'Cabinet file necessary for installation cannot be trusted please verify the Crypographic Services are enabled' and they are enabled but wont let me install it b:cry
  • WyldJenna - Raging Tide
    WyldJenna - Raging Tide Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    you are running windows 7 or vista right? right click on the directx installer and run as administrator, that is what I had to do last time I ran into that issue
  • perfectworldmom
    perfectworldmom Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    If you got this message when trying to install Directx9.0c...

'A cabinet file necessary for installation cannot be trusted. Please verify
    the Cryptographic Services are enabled and the cabinet file certificate is
    valid.'

This is the solution...

1. navigate to \Windows\System32\directx\ or \Windows\SysWow64\directx if you have vista x64.
    2. Click on "organise" file menu, then "folder and search options" then in the "View" tab check "show hidden files and folders" and then "ok"
    3. websetup folder will be visible now. go in there and delete all contents.
    4. run "dxwebsetup" again. and unless your unlucky enough to have a glitch in your download again, all should be fine.

(Your websetup folder had some old/bad files that were being used instead of the new files; getting rid of them allowed the new download of directx to work properly.)
  • CursedDagger - Archosaur
    CursedDagger - Archosaur Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Hello, i updated/downloaded (whatever) tht DirectX 9.0c , now it dont shows up the error because of it, now i just click Start,when its yellow, then it waits, and then then Start Button is yellow again.... what is the problem?

I think ima quit this game,If i wont get in this game. I have to install bunch of programms/drivers and others, and thts only waste of time and my old computer's more stuffing.
    edited February 2012
    Hello, i updated/downloaded (whatever) tht DirectX 9.0c , now it dont shows up the error because of it, now i just click Start,when its yellow, then it waits, and then then Start Button is yellow again.... what is the problem?

I think ima quit this game,If i wont get in this game. I have to install bunch of programms/drivers and others, and thts only waste of time and my old computer's more stuffing.

The only programs/drivers that you have to install are things that you should already have if you keep your system properly updated. When you refuse to keep your system up-to-date, you run the risk of not being able to play modern games.

Go through the checklist..
    1. Did you run the DirectX installer? (Run as admin under Vista+, does not work on Win8)
    2. Did you update Microsoft C++ runtimes? (Search the forum, I've put the link out a few times.)
    3. Do you have the latest drivers for your hardware and is your OS up-to-date? (XP is on SP3 now, if you don't have it, get it. Get your drivers directly from the manufacturer, not from Microsoft.)
    4. If you're still having trouble, post system details and a screenshot of your error. (Make sure it's in a resolution that allows us to actually see what's happening.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bravenwulf - Sanctuary
    Bravenwulf - Sanctuary Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I think this update is a problem for older computers. I did the update on my girlfriend's computer and it worked without having to do anything with the Directx files or anything. Her computer is only 6 months old. I tried updating my old computer (7-8 years old) and it didn't work. I kept getting the "Enter game fails" message no matter what I did (I posted on here earlier). However, I then switched computers (this one is 1 1/2 years old) and I did the update and I got the "Enter game fails" message. So I did the update to the Directx file using the links posted on this forum, restarted the computer and low and behold, it worked. So it seems to me that the update causes a problem for older computers and not the newer ones. I'm glad I was lucky enough to have a newer computer collecting dust in my closet and could fall back on it, unfortunately for others, they don't have that privilege. If it weren't for this computer, I would be s**t out of luck and still waiting to play the game, because I submitted a ticket to tech support 4 days ago and still haven't gotten a reply. I honestly think they don't know how to fix the problem for the older computers that still refuse to play the game regardless of what people download, update, etc. For those of you that still can't play...I genuinely feel bad for you. I wish there was a magical fix for you. Only thing I can say, either hope and wait for a future fix update or buy a new computer. Good luck guys.
  • Temara - Lost City
    Temara - Lost City Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    This uexpansion is kind of a letdown. I have WinXP on my Desktop PC and since I need DX9c for my work, I naturally have it installed! But still it just won't let me start the game..... Tried your Webinstaller link and still nothing. (Launcher says: Game enter failed. Executing elementclient.exe directly it says that there is an error in the application and that I might have 2 reinstall it.)

Only computer it works on is my Win7 Home Premium Laptop on which I never installed DX9c

But why did I even bother to buy a reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal huge Screen if I can only use my 19 inch laptop screen.... rlly .....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thou shalt come under my command

and thy sword shalt control my fate.

I hereby swear,

I am the disposer of evil in the eternal world.
    edited February 2012
    The solution for the "Enter game filed" message is to update your Microsoft C++ runtimes.

Usually, if you have XP SP3 this isn't an issue, but I am amazed at the number of people that are posting and have not bothered to even update their OS in the past 5 years.

Win7 comes with DX10 from the box, which contains the 9.0c dll's.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • GalaxyStaff - Archosaur
    GalaxyStaff - Archosaur Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    its taking so long because it is a major update, Naturion
  • GalaxyStaff - Archosaur
    GalaxyStaff - Archosaur Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    man is it is glitchy crud in PWI i am gonna cry in FW
  • dawgylove2012
    dawgylove2012 Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    o.k i have tried everything....downloaded direct x 9.0 , microsoft visual c ,downloaded patches , i even uninstalled and then reinstalled , i've verified a hundred time's, and last night i actually prayed for help....could some one please help me !!!
  • Calitae - Sanctuary
    Calitae - Sanctuary Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    So here is my dilemma. I run Windows 7, and do not have administrators privileges.
    After getting the password to open the launcher, I updated the game and installed DirectX 9.0c. Fine, brilliant. When I open the game using the orange start button, everything works fine. No crashes, and can see everything in game.

However, I cannot open via the launcher every time as this requires the password to which my father absolutely refuses to give to me (despite being an Adult now myself, and this being my machine). Before the update I was able to open via elementclient.exe which does not prompt the UAC. I can't do that now, because it bugs.

When I open through elementclient.exe, I am shown the Genesis loading screens in which the loading bar loads, but not where it should be loading. Then when I get to the menu, it is the menu from the old Raging Tide client and an error message pops up in symbols so I cannot understand what is wrong.
    Raging Tide Welcome Screen and Error Message
    Its almost as if the client downgraded.

I spent 12 hours verifying, and again the game worked when I opened with the launcher after hassling my dad for the password.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to why this is happening? I haven't tried uninstalling the game and completely re installing and updating yet as I was hoping I'd get a different answer. Is it possible that it didn't verify fully, and I have to verify again?

Anyone who suggests that I buy my own PC and install Windows 7 myself ~I'm going to flush you down the toilet. b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    sig by the wonderful Forsakenx ;D
  • Skylasan - Archosaur
    Skylasan - Archosaur Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    thanks for the help it worked for me and im back in perfect worldb:thanks
  • themikester
    themikester Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I cant login to the game, it says incorrect user name or password But i can login to the site.. I have the correct version after the update. and everything worked fine before the update. I messaged PWI a couple days ago and no response has been made. Idk what to do now . I verified the files and everything. Does anyone else have this problem where they cannot login?
  • Bravenwulf - Sanctuary
    Bravenwulf - Sanctuary Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    The solution for the "Enter game filed" message is to update your Microsoft C++ runtimes.

Usually, if you have XP SP3 this isn't an issue, but I am amazed at the number of people that are posting and have not bothered to even update their OS in the past 5 years.

Win7 comes with DX10 from the box, which contains the 9.0c dll's.

How about those that update their Directx using the links posted here on this forum, have Windows XP with SP 2&3, did the C++ update, updated their video graphics card, etc...essentially updating EVERYTHING? Cuz that is what I did and it did NOT work. The only thing that worked was having a newer computer. It's a fact and no denying it, this expansion just will not work on certain computers (seems to be the older models). I would like to add, I had already done these updates to my old computer before downloading the expansion, cuz I kept it up to date...but like I said, none of the fixes listed on this forum helped.
  • _Zappy_ - Heavens Tear
    _Zappy_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    My friend is getting the no DX installed error, so I got her to install DX from the web installer, but it won't install and comes up with this error message:

"An internal system error occurred. Please refer to DXError.log and DirectX.log in your Windows folder to determine problem."

I googled that error message, and the only solution that comes up is to reinstall Windows. Yeh **** that.
    This DX9.0c problem is only a symptom of a larger problem caused by *your* crappy software, which should be able to run fine on DX11 which she has. We need a *real* solution, not a hacky one that only addresses a single symptom and doesn't even work.
    The only thing that worked was having a newer computer. It's a fact and no denying it, this expansion just will not work on certain computers (seems to be the older models).

I think this is pretty much hitting the nail on the head, and is the larger problem I was talking about. Though why PW would be so stupid as throw away a large portion of their paying player base on older computers I don't know. Hell half of those computers arn't even old...it's ridiculous.
    Semi-retired due to continuing mind boggling displays of stupidity from PWI
  • skyflyer2
    skyflyer2 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Ok, here is what I have found out:

I assumed that my patcher had updated fine because when I came back to it after letting it update while I was at work, it looked ready to go. Then When I logged in, I got the directx error. So I updated direct x 9.0c and the game still said it wasnt there. Well, I was talking to a friend of mine who lives in town who also plays the game and his pwi folder was like 9 gigabites. Mine was around 6! So I deleted my pwi folder and I used an external hard drive (I guess I could have used a flash drive) to copy his folder over to my computer. Then when logging in, the game still gave me the dx error. So I updated directx using Darths original link in the first post of this forum thread. I then restarted my computer and BOOM! Everything works fine now. Now, I guess I could have tried re-patching manually, or even redownloading the entire game and THEN manually patching it. Either way, it was important that I had a good version of the game for it to even recognize that I had the updated dx runtime info. (dx=directx for the purposes of this post). As far as the patches, I think the smaller file is the one that is needed to re-download just the latest update. The bigger file is the one that is needed to update the game if someone decided to redownload the entire game. But I dont believe both are needed. This is just my interpretation of the situation based on other user's comments. In fact, do not take any of this as guaranteed to be right. This is just what worked for me, and and what I am guessing is the situation regarding patches. I am offering NO warantee. Proceed at your own risk. There. That should be enough disclaimers. LOL
  • _Zappy_ - Heavens Tear
    _Zappy_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    skyflyer2 wrote: »
    Well, I was talking to a friend of mine who lives in town who also plays the game and his pwi folder was like 9 gigabites. Mine was around 6!

Screenshots are saved in that folder, and most are in png format, which is quite large. So more likely he has a lot more screenshots than you do, which explains the much larger folder size.
    Semi-retired due to continuing mind boggling displays of stupidity from PWI
  • Mimi_wangzi - Sanctuary
    Mimi_wangzi - Sanctuary Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I wanna say thanks for the help i found in this threat for my problem , finally i am back in perfect world

My problem was ...
    I download the new expansion, and didn't work only got this anytime i click in the yellow "start" bottom , only got this : "enter game fails"
    entergamefails.jpg
    Off course i did previouslly all that long story >.> , i mean : installed the patchers ,uninstalled the whole game, reinstalled again all the game, installed again the patchers, restarted my computer several times , verifed files hundred times, and so on (2 days -.-).

And 2 days laters still i got the message : "enter game fails"

Then I download and instaled the DirectX 9.0c (for Windows XP)
    Cuz my computer is an older Windows XP PC with Service Pack 3, and maybe this was the problem, cuz in the case of the new computer of mys sister ( Win7 Home Premium Laptop ) we just need to instal the DirectX 9.0c after see the error i got in my PC.. and no more problems at all (with DirectX 9.0c) in her laptop. BUT was no the same case in my older computer, it was just a NO works at all ;o;

Then i keep reading suggestions in this treath of similar cases and i read
    People with this problem: "enter game fails" have to instal Microsoft C++
    then i download Microsoft C++ and no worked again ;o;
    BUT i read 2 things in this thread
    1) You need uninstall the previous Microsoft C++ before install a new version
    IMPORTANT: If you have installed previous pre-release versions of Visual C++ 2005 or Visual Studio 2005, such as Beta 1, Beta 2 or Community Technical Preview (CTP) builds, then you must uninstall these versions via Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel before installing the final released version.
    , so i did it (uninstall my Microsoft visual C++ 2008, then I installed the Microsoft visual C++ 2010) , restart and again no works ;o;

2) Also read that we need to have Microsoft C++2005
    (NO just Microsof C++ , No just microsoft visual C++ 2008, No just microsoft visual C++ 2010)
    It's visual C++TWO THOUSAND FIVE
    for all who are getting game enter fail . go to add and remove software and check to make sure you have microsoft visual C++ 2005 redistribution in list if not you need to dl that to get game to work . Just having 2008 or 2010 wont be enough dl the 2005 dis and it should work . To get download just google it and should find it for dl.
    hope this helps everyone
    And here was my problem cuz i only installed Microsoft C++2010 then with only this thing, my computer keeps given the same error of the beginning . "enter game fails"
    SO
    I downloaded and installed Microsoft Visual C++2005 Redistributable, restart my compu and Vuala, finally works for me b:victory

Then the solution for my problem was : Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Package (x86)
    Just in case i left here the link I use and work finally for me: Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Package (x86)
    http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=3387

And finally an anecdote
    When i finally can logg in (after this odyssey xD) i logg in without notice ( i gonna blame to my tiredness for this :p) it was for default in "Archosaour" server (where i don't have any character) , Because i play in "Sanctuary"server XD
    Then i didn't see any of my characters when I logg in xDD i think x.x Oh nousssss , Now my chars are invisible xD noooooo xD , fortunatelly i checked this point.
    I have to admit it was not funny at beginning, but now XDDDD
    "It's not about "where you go", but "as far as you can get". And If you have lost your path, you can always create your own, your own way ..."
    (Morikawa Toshiyuki [Kubota Makoto] & Ishikawa Hideo [Tokitoh Minoru] @ 「Heaven's Door」from 「 私立荒磯高等学校生徒会執行部」OVA )
  • bashira55
    bashira55 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    i can't download the "web installer" i get an error of the site and says is an server error
  • mamull
    mamull Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    HI everyone, so i couldn't see players, npc, mobs, whatever as well. but now i could!
    here's what i did.

1) restart the computer
    2) downloaded the dll file which is in the link here:

http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dl...shtml?d3dx9_42

fyi, i downloaded the dll fixer, not the zip version. dll fixer so it could automatically place the missing dll.

or if you choose the zip file, place the d3dx9_42 in C:/WINDOWS/system32
    3) download this and run it:

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=35

this is to update files of directX
    read the steps of the installer, especially the last one, make sure it updates it!

4) restart computer again and it should work!

tell me if it works for you guys, it did for me! Goodluck! and have fun in PWI! b:victory
  • loweytank
    loweytank Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I keep trying to click on but everytime it stops and say i dont have some Direct9u- type thing. What can i do? please help verry important
This discussion has been closed.