12346»

Comments

• Kyrael - Dreamweaver
    Kyrael - Dreamweaver Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    xtremerx3 wrote: »
    what means odd levels?

Levels that end in a number that cannot be divided by two. c:

Basically, put 1 str 4 mag one level, then 5 mag the next, and keep alternating.
    ptana wrote: »
    if you still dont know what you should do because they try to write a guide and not to straight answer ill try to help.
    35lvl you need 22 str,next lvl add 3 to str so you can have 23 str and 2 for mag,
    from there go for the 1-4 they told you.forget the vit you already have a lot.

I can't tell if you're saying for them to continue putting 1 str 4 mag every level or what... If so, no. You only need 1 str every two levels for arcane armor. The extra str would be a waste.
  • ptana
    ptana Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Levels that end in a number that cannot be divided by two. c:

Basically, put 1 str 4 mag one level, then 5 mag the next, and keep alternating.

I can't tell if you're saying for them to continue putting 1 str 4 mag every level or what... If so, no. You only need 1 str every two levels for arcane armor. The extra str would be a waste.

yes i wrote 1-4 i mean 1-9 you are right,just cap it at around 54 its up to your ornament etc and go all mag
  • hantuman
    hantuman Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    hi.. i realize that summon's HP depending on Caster's HP..
    if our refining and sharding are good, it will influential to our summon..
    is anyone know how the summon's HP calculation? or someone can post their status and summon status? (if you're willing too)

for mine, Mystic level 100 Hp 4500 (unbuff) and Devil Chihyu Hp 4050
  • ahmedbna
    ahmedbna Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    hey guys, i knew about the mana eating problem of mystics and i am pretty new here, so wana ask how to overcome this here pwi?
    and ty
  • XBlackSoulX - Sanctuary
    XBlackSoulX - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    The mana drain for skills used by mystics is a negative when playing a mystic class, however the MP food (Herb Yiangxuo) that u can use at level 75 is good enough to replenish your mana bar.

Before that, you are well to do with a few MP charms or the highest MP pots for your level range from the apothecary.

Nowadays, you can level fast enough to reduce the costs of buying your MP pots before level 75. This shouldnt be a problem when playing a mystic, also to get money to buy these pots if need be, you can use your summon only to kill mobs for DQ items to get coins to buy the MP pots. Healing your summon only doesnt cost much MP in comparison to doing the full attack that you would usually do.

Also, to add to the Guide (havent read all the responses, im lazy today), When in frost covered cavern, you dont need a cleric when you have a mystic in squad. Just make sure everyone has the rez buff at all time and use ur healing and aoe healing on the squad. If u need speed for healing, get used to using Rapid Growth. On groups and aoes, Gale Force is a good option, especially when ur tank is a just starting to tank BM or Seeker. It seals the mobs away which takes a portion of damage away from your tank. (They might shout at you for it, but we mystics know that we saved their bums ;D)

The cleric and Barbarian are not needed for a FC, but without their buffs it makes it more difficult. Just something to think about when the barbs and clerics are in hiding at the moment of your searching for them.

Best Squad for a Mystic Solo healing and DDing :
    Seeker, Blademaster, Assassin, Mystic, *2 other classes (preferably a double assassin,seeker or BM) These classes have good defense, good speed and their HP heals to almost a 100% everytime you use your healing skill.
  • MoonsMyst - Heavens Tear
    MoonsMyst - Heavens Tear Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    i rly liked and still like this guide, tx for helpin.
  • klaatu1
    klaatu1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    This guide is biased lol makes mystics look bad I'm a 100 mystic and I can tank lunar solo, and I can heal for all of fc with no cleric and damage deal, mystics are not just support, and I've killed demon clerics before and have 0 problems killing venos, if anyone wants to be a mystic go for it, mystics are versatile, you can go in any direction with your build and try to get -channeling also so you can fight faster and it will be easier to tank, just know what you want and your mystic can be that :P
  • Brillance - Raging Tide
    Brillance - Raging Tide Posts: 1,643 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Im pure mage, and I have great survivability. I didnt always, but now Im pretty tight.

I agree with the guy that said there is no reason NOT to be Pure Mage.

I used Vit as a baby Mystic, because I felt real squishy and pulled a lot of aggro.

At level 90 I reset my points though, and with the exception of 54 Str, all my points are in Magic.

My Vit points are +3 base, but I have +41 with gear bonuses. Use your points wisely.

The only exception to what I just said is if for some reason you are going Light Armor, in which case you need points in Str and Dex.

As a pure mag, I went Sage for the Chi bonuses. But there is really no right or wrong way to go. Both Sage and Demon have their strong points, just depends which one applies the most to your style of play.

If you want power though put your points in Magic, with 54 Str by level 99 or 100 for your gears.

P.S. To avoid confusion - just wait till you have 10 points ready to be placed, then put 1 in Str and the other 9 in Magic.
  • Mika_Magic - Dreamweaver
    Mika_Magic - Dreamweaver Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    klaatu1 wrote: »
    This guide is biased lol makes mystics look bad I'm a 100 mystic and I can tank lunar solo, and I can heal for all of fc with no cleric and damage deal, mystics are not just support, and I've killed demon clerics before and have 0 problems killing venos, if anyone wants to be a mystic go for it, mystics are versatile, you can go in any direction with your build and try to get -channeling also so you can fight faster and it will be easier to tank, just know what you want and your mystic can be that :P

Completely agree with every word n_n (not that i did any of those things xD - but have seen it countless times in west arch and also on fc with older chars)

b:victory
  • sharsharx
    sharsharx Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    hello as there r lvl 100 mystic can u tell me if u have a problem at the skill list i make a sum of the skills at skill tree + 3 spark burst + town portal are more that the free slots at the skill list
    do u have to give up a skill or more
    plz answer
  • Mika_Magic - Dreamweaver
    Mika_Magic - Dreamweaver Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Not 100 yet ( will give more detailed response once i hit 100 ) ...

... buuuut ^^ ... i've never heard (on wc, squad, faction ... ) any lvl 100 Mystic complaining about that n_n (maybe you will be just able to scroll down a little - i hope xD )
  • I_ShotYoAss - Dreamweaver
    I_ShotYoAss - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Not sure if this had been said yet, and I'm too lazy to scroll through and find out, but Swirling Mist does have a nice use. While the dot does only proc at 60% mob/player hp, the damage it does per tic is just slightly lower devil chihyu's basic attack at lower lvls anyway, but it's still decent, for a dot. Also, if cast on a mob at the same time you send chihyu to attack said mob in pve, that's really all the dding you need to do on that mob, enabling you to conserve a bit of mp. probably mostly useful at earleir levels though.
  • Livetopaddle - Archosaur
    Livetopaddle - Archosaur Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    any thoughts on clear thoughts . . is this a skill book?
    or do i need to go to a trainer in a specific city I am aware of Vacuity and have the skills listed b4 it on the tree but am unable to attain this luvley mana booster
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    any thoughts on clear thoughts . . is this a skill book?
    or do i need to go to a trainer in a specific city I am aware of Vacuity and have the skills listed b4 it on the tree but am unable to attain this luvley mana booster

Yes it's a skill book, here's the info to make it http://www.pwdatabase.com/items/30894 , you need 10 medium ink (cost 105k each at the forges) and 20 apocalypse pages, so depend on the price of the pages on your server the skill book cost around 2m+. Once you have the book you can learn it at any trainer.

The skill give 2000 mana and have a 5 minutes cooldown, so you can't spam it like a pot. (actually a pots give more than that)

I have the skill cause i personally wanted to get all my mystic skills, but if i was you i would take nature's barrier first or use the money to max other skills you already have before make that skill.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    In fact Clear Thoughts recovers current MP plus an additional 2000 MP.
    It's a rather handy skill but still doesn't cut down the comsumption of MP pots.

You can use it right before you're ready to buff the squad and take out your summon and transfer MP to it. That way, if you have 9k MP at the time the skill was used, you'll recover 11k MP in total.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Requies - Dreamweaver
    Requies - Dreamweaver Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    test test test!
  • xstarfallx
    xstarfallx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Nice Guide, Thanks
    [SIGPIC]
  • noelle96
    noelle96 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The knockback skill: Brable Tornado, can be reflected by a Psychic's reflect skill. Instead of the Psy being displaced, YOU will be. Try it out.

think smart...when u duel a psy and they use retaliation...summon punishing sting...when punishing sting attck it will only reflect to the herb itself..use bramble tornado after b:chuckle
  • Miyukiane - Sanctuary
    Miyukiane - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    i'm not sure if this has been mentioned before,

but absorb soul is awesome in combination with lysing and listless.

As it doesn't interrupt sleep. :)b:victory